IES Exam 2022: Dates for IES Exam 2022 has been announced by UPSC. Indian Engineering Services is regarded as the country’s most prestigious engineering job. To be considered for this elite service, you must take the United Public Service Commission’s IES Exam (UPSC). Engineering Services Examination (ESE) is another name for (ISE) Indian Engineering Services.
For engineering graduates in India, the most sought-after profession is Indian Engineering Services. The UPSC conducts the Engineering Services Examination (ESE) every year to recruit engineers for techno-managerial positions in four domains: civil, mechanical, electrical, electronics, and telecommunications. The interview is followed by a two-stage written examination. Due to the limited number of posts, ESE is considered one of the most difficult exams in India. IES officers command a high level of respect and status as a result of their highly competitive selection process. They are responsible for managing and executing activities in a wide range of technical and managerial fields.
The type of work these bureaucrats do is largely determined by their engineering branch and the service or cadre into which they are recruited. The career progresses smoothly, and you gain a lot of respect. The position of Asst. Executive Engineer is the first to be offered, and the hierarchy ends with the position of Chairman/Managing Director.
Following final selection, these applicants are assigned to various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India, including Railways, Telecom, Border Roads, CPWD, CWC, CPES, NHAI, Naval Armaments, IDSE, MES, Ordnance Factories, and so on. However, selected candidates are free to move to any cadre, organization, agency, department, ministry, or PSU of the Government of India. Class-1 officers are assigned to all of the final candidates.
In April 2022, the official notification for IES 2022 will be released. UPSC will release the notification for IES 2022. There will be subsequent vacancies in the IES 2022 notification. The application deadline for the IES 2022 exam will be April 2022. With the release of the notification, the UPSC ESE 2022 application window will be activated. The number of vacancies, eligibility, dates, syllabus, and exam pattern will be officially announced in the IES 2022 notification. Before submitting the IES 2022 application, candidates should read the official IES notification 2022. In July 2022, the IES 2022 exam will be held. The application fee for IES 2022 is INR 200/- and must be paid at the time of submission. The date for IES Main is set for October 2022, and the application process will begin in April 2022.
Applicants should complete the syllabus in due time for the IES exam in order to pass the exam with flying colors. UPSC IES Recruitment 2022 will be held for the following categories of services/posts:
- Category- I‐ Civil Engineering
- Category- II‐ Mechanical Engineering
- Category- III‐ Electrical Engineering
- Category- IV‐ Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
IES Exam Highlights
|Name of Exam||Indian Engineering Services/ Engineering Services Examination|
|Organising Commission||Union Public Service Commission|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Examination Frequency||Once a year|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Negative Marking||Negative marking will be there for PrelimsNo negative marking will be there for Mains|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Number of Registration(Expected)||Approx 2 lakhs|
IES/ ESE 2022 Exam Dates
Applicants who want to take the UPSC IES 2022 exam should be aware of the key dates. The UPSC IES application form filling window will be opening in April 2022, and the deadline to apply will be April 2022 itself.
The Prelims exam will be held in June 2022, and the results will be released tentatively in September 2022. The Mains exam will be held in two sessions (9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon and 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM). Aspirants can check the UPSC IES 2022 exam dates in the table below.
|Events||IES Exam Dates (Announced)|
|Release of Official Notification of UPSC ESE 2022||To be Announced|
|Commencement of UPSC IES 2022 Application Form||To be Announced|
|Closing Date of UPSC IES 2022 Application Form||To be Announced|
|Issue of Admit Card of UPSC IES 2022||To be Announced|
|UPSC ESE 2022 Preliminary Examination||To be Announced|
|Release of Result of UPSC ESE 2022||To be Announced|
|UPSC ESE 2022 Mains Examination||To be Announced|
|Release of Final Result||To be Announced|
Indian Engineering Services Exam 2022 Notification
The UPSC will issue a notification for the Indian Engineering Services Exam 2022, which will fill over released vacancies. Exam pattern, eligibility, number of vacancies, syllabus, and other important details are all described in detail in the IES notification. Applicants will be assisted in the registration process as well as in the withdrawal of an application by the official notification.
IES Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for IES 2022, an applicant must meet a number of requirements set by UPSC. The following standards define UPSC IES eligibility criteria:
An IES 2020 Applicant must be either:
- an Indian national, or
- a Nepalese subject, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who arrived in India prior to January 1, 1962 with the intention of settling permanently in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who moved to India permanently from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, or the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia, or from Vietnam.
At the time of final allotment, applicants in categories (2), (3), (4), and (5) must produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
IES Age Limit
- On January 1, 2022, he must have reached the age of 21 and must not have reached the age of 30. To put it another way, they had to have been born between January 2, 1992, and January 1, 2001.
- The upper age limit will be relaxed for government employees and applicants from the reserved categories.
|Column 1||Column 2|
|Ministry of Railways (Railway Board)||IRSE /IRSME /IRSEE /IRSSE /IRSS|
|Directorate General Ordnance Factories||IOFS Group ‘A’|
|Central Electricity Authority||CPES Gr ‘A’ & CPES Gr ‘B’|
|Ministry of Road Transport and Highways||Central Engineering Service (Roads) Gr. ‘A’|
|Ministry of Telecommunication andInformation Technology, Deptt. of Telecommunication||Engineer in Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’ Indian Telecommunication Service Group ‘A’, J.T.O. (G.C.S. Gr. ‘B’)|
|Central Water Commission||Central Water Engineering Service Gr ‘A’|
|Border Roads Organisation||BRES Gr. ‘A’|
|Military Engineer Services||Indian Defence Service of Engineers (lDSE) Group ‘A’|
|The Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineering, Min of Defence.||AEE Gr ‘A’(Elect. Engg. Posts) in Corps of EME, Min of Defence.|
|Min of Defence, Deptt. of Defence Production, Directorate General of Aeronautical Quality Assurance||Defence Aeronautical Quality Assurance Service(DAQAS) Gr ‘A’|
|Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship||Indian Skill Development Service|
|Indian Navy||Indian Naval Armament Service, Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade-I|
|SC/ST||Upto 5 years|
|OBC||Upto 3 years|
|Jammu and Kashmir domicile during||Upto 5 years|
|Defence Services personnel, disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area, and released as a consequence thereof||Upto 3 years|
|ECOs/SSCOs served for 5 years in Military services (Completed the assignment or assignment has been extended and the Ministry of Defence has permitted him to apply for Civil Services)||Upto 5 years|
|Deaf/Mute and Orthopedically handicapped person||Upto 10 years|
IES Educational Qualification Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or an equivalent from a recognized university is required of the applicant.
- For admission to Engineering Services Examination 2022, applicants must be physically fit according to the exam authority’s standards.
IES 2022 Vacancy
Along with the notification, UPSC will announce the number of UPSC ESE 2022 vacancies. The following is a list of the positions and services to which the final candidates will be appointed:
Category I- Civil Engineering (Group A Services/Posts)
- Indian Railway Service of Engineers
- Indian Railway Stores Services (Civil Engineering Posts)
- Central Engineering Service
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Civil Engineering Posts)
- Indian Ordnance Factories Services. AWM/JTS (Civil Engg. Posts)
- Central Engineering Service (Roads) Group-A. (Civil Engg. Posts)
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil) P & T Building Works Gr. ‘A’ Service
- Assistant Executive Engineer (QS & C) in Military Engineer Service (MES) Surveyor Cadre
Category II- Mechanical Engineering (Group A Services/Posts)
- Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)
- Central Power Engineering Service Group ‘A’ (Mechanical Engineering Posts)
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service. AWM/JTS (Mechanical Engineering Post)
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)
- Assistant Executive Engineer Group ‘A’ (Mech. Engg. Posts) in the corps of EME, Ministry of Defence
- Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Mechanical Engineering posts)
Category III- Electrical Engineering (Group A Services/Posts)
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)
- Central Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Service (Electrical Engg. Posts)
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service. AWM/JTS (Electrical Engineering Post)
- Central Power Engineering Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Electrical Engineering Posts)
- Assistant Executive Engineer Gr. ‘A’ (Electrical Engineering Posts) in Corps of EME, Min of Defence
Category IV- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (Group A & B Services/Posts)
- Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Telecommunication/ Electronics Engineering Posts)
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts)
- Assistant Executive Engineer Group ‘A’ (Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Posts) in the Corps of E.M.E., Ministry of Defence
- Central Power Engg. Service, Group ‘A’ [Electronics and Telecommunication Engg. Service]
- Indian Inspection Service (Asst. Dir. Grade-I)
- Indian Telecommunication Service Gr. ‘A’
- Junior Telecom Officer [General Central Service Group ‘B’ Gazetted Non- Ministerial]
IES 2022 Salary
Indian Engineering Officers are hired as Assistant Executive Engineers or Assistant Directors at the Junior Time Scale level, with a monthly basic salary of Rs. 56,100 and a net salary of around Rs. 85,000.
|Level||Pay Scale||Time Frame|
|Junior Time Scale (JTS)||INR 56100-177500||On Joining|
|Senior Time Scale (STS)||INR 67700-208700||3-5 years|
|Junior Administrative Grade (JAG)||INR 123100-215900||10-15 years|
|Senior Administrative Grade (SAG)||INR 144200-218200||15-20 years|
|Higher Administrative Grade (HAG)||INR 182200-224100|
|Apex Scale||INR 225000|
Engineering Service Officers in India are among the top recipients of numerous benefits and allowances. Apart from the basic pay, IES Officers are entitled to the following allowances and privileges:
- Residential Quarters (Type IV to Type VIII) OR HRA (presently 24% of basic pay)
- Official Vehicle
- Dearness Allowance (presently 9% of basic pay)
- CGHS Medical Facility
- Leave Travel Allowance/ Tour Allowance
- National Pension Scheme
- Leave Encashment
- Mobile and Briefcase Allowance
- Newspaper and Mobile Bill Reimbursement
- Children Education Allowance
- Transport Allowance (approx. 8000 per month), etc.
IES Application Form 2022
IES Application Form will be available from April 2022. Applicants had to fill out the application form online at upsc.gov.in. From April 2022, aspirants who meet all of the eligibility requirements can apply for the UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2022.
The UPSC IES 2022 application form will be available on the Commission’s official website, upsc.gov.in. Part-1 and Part-2 of the online ESE 2022 application form must be completed by applicants. In order to complete the application form, candidates must also pay the required application fee. To register for the ESE 2020 exam, applicants must take the following steps:
Step 1: IES Registration 2022
- Visit UPSC’s official website at upsc.gov.in.
- Fill in your name, date of birth, email address, phone number, and other personal information.
Step 2: Pay IES Application Fee
- The IES Registration Fee can be paid both online and in person.
- Applicants can pay their fees in cash, by debit/credit card, or through SBI Net Banking at any SBI Bank branch.
- Women, SC, ST, and PWD candidates are exempt from paying the application fee, which is INR 200.
- The deadline for generating e-challans is April 2022.
- Candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by using any Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card or by using the net banking facility of the State Bank of India/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by remitting the amount in any branch of SBI by cash.
- Female/SC/ST/PH candidates are exempted from payment of application fee
Step 3: Fill IES Application Form
- Indicate which exam centers you prefer and which engineering core branch you belong to.
- Fill in your category, communication information, work experience information, and so on.
Step 4: Upload Photo, Sign & ID Proof
Applicants must submit scanned images of their passport-size photo, signature, and photo ID proof in the formats specified.
|Photograph||20 – 300 KBs||350×350 to 1000×1000||JPG|
|Signature||20 – 300 KBs||350×350 to 1000×1000||JPG|
|Photo ID Proof||20 – 300 KBs||350×350 to 1000×1000|
Step 5: Declaration & Submission
- Before submitting the form, applicants should carefully fill it out and proofread it.
- Reading the declaration and clicking “I agree” is the final step.
- Finally, click Final Submit to save the completed form for future use.
- Applicants have until October 2022 to make changes to their application.
Note: There is a provision for those who do not want to take the exam to withdraw their IES application.
UPSC ESE 2022 Exam Pattern
At all stages of the examination, candidates should ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements and are admitted. Applicants are advised to review the IES Exam Pattern in its entirety before beginning the application process and preparation. The following procedure will be followed during the examination: Stage-I: Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage-I) Examination (Objective Type Papers) for candidates to be selected for the Main Exam. Engineering Services (Main/Stage-II) Examination (Stage-II) (Conventional Type Papers) Personality Test (Stage III).
Stage-I: Preliminary Examination (Objective Papers)
|Sections||Paper 1||Paper 2||Total|
|Time Duration||2 Hours||3 Hours||5 Hours|
|Marks||200 Marks||300 Marks||500 Marks|
|Negative||1/3rd of the marks assigned to the question will be deducted as a penalty|
|Medium||The paper will only be in English Medium|
|Types of Questions||Objective Type or Multiple Choice Questions (Each question has 4 options)|
- The commission will decide on the minimum qualifying marks for each paper.
- Only those applicants who pass this stage are allowed to take the Stage II examination.
Stage-II: Main Examination (Conventional Papers)
(CE/ ME/ EE/ E&T)
(CE/ ME/ EE/ E&T)
|TOTAL MARKS (MAIN)||600|
|TOTAL MARKS (MAINS + PRELIM)||1100|
- Only those applicants who pass this stage (i.e. Stage I + Stage II) are invited to move on to Stage III, the Personality Test (Interview).
Stage-III: Personality Test
|STAGE-I+ STAGE-II+STAGE III||1300|
- Applicants who pass all three stages (Stage I, Stage II, and Stage III) will be placed on the ESE final list (Engineering Service Exam).
- After the IES Main exam, applicants who have been shortlisted will be invited to a personal interview session.
- The round is officially known as the “Personality Test.”
- Applicants must complete an online Detailed Application Form (DAF).
- Selected applicants will be evaluated on their leadership abilities, personality, and intellect at this stage.
- The personality test is worth a maximum of 200 points (interview test).
Provision for PwD candidates
- For applicants who fall into the PwD category, UPSC has provided a compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour.
- Applicants with a minimum of 40% impairment will also be permitted to take the Engineering Services Examination (ESE) with the assistance of a scribe.
IES 2022 Syllabus
Students should study the curriculum for their respective engineering streams. The ESE 2022 syllabus covers the key topics that applicants should study in order to pass the IES exam in 2022. Some of the topics covered in the syllabus are listed below.
IES Paper 1 Syllabus
|Civil Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||Electrical Engineering||Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering|
|Building Materials||Fluid Mechanics||Engineering Mathematics||Basic Electronics Engineering|
|Solid Mechanics||Thermodynamics and Heat transfer||Electrical Materials||Basic Electrical Engineering|
|Structural Analysis||IC Engines, Refrigeration and Air conditioning||Electric Circuits and Fields||Materials Science|
|Design of Steel Structures||Turbo Machinery||Electrical and Electronic Measurements||Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation|
|Design of Concrete and Masonry structures||Power Plant Engineering||Computer Fundamentals||Network Theory|
|Construction Practice, Planning and Management||Renewable Sources of Energy||Basic Electronics Engineering||Analog and Digital Circuits|
IES 2022 Admit Card
The IES 2022 admit card will be available online three weeks before the examination. As a result, the admit card is expected to be released in the second week of December 2022. To obtain the ESE 2022 admit card, applicants must enter their registration number and date of birth. Applicants are advised to download the application from the official website because no hard copies will be sent to their postal addresses. It is a required document that will be used to verify the student’s eligibility for the IES exam in 2022.
- The IES admit card is issued separately for the written exams and the interview round.
- The date for the release of the IES Prelims Admit Card 2022 has not yet been announced.
- By entering your registration number and password on UPSC’s official website, you can get your IES admit card 2020.
Steps to Download IES Admit Card
Visit the UPSC’s official website.
Select “Download IES Admit Card” from the drop-down menu.
Select a method of downloading, such as by using your Registration ID, Roll Number, or Name.
The Registration ID or Roll Number should be entered first, followed by the Date of Birth.
Fill in the Captcha and click the’submit’ button.
Print the IES Admit Card that appears on the screen.
IES Exam Centers 2022
When registering for IES 2022, applicants must specify their preferred exam center. Exam centers for the preliminary and main exams are different at IES:
IES Prelims Exam Centers
|Panaji (Goa)||Port Blair||Sambalpur|
IES Main Exam Centers
IES Answer Key
After the IES result is announced, the UPSC releases the IES Answer Key. The only authentic source for knowing the answers to the questions asked in the IES Prelims exam is the IES answer key. The Engineering Services exam now includes a new stage called the IES prelims. Applicants should download the previous year’s IES prelims answer key so that they can understand the important topics and areas from which the questions were asked using the previous year’s question paper and answer key. Furthermore, the official answers may assist them in better preparing for the topic.
IES Result 2022
The IES Prelims Exam Result 2022 will be announced in September 2022. Only the UPSC’s official website will have the IES results.
- Only those applicants who pass the preliminary exam will be eligible to take the IES 2020 Main exam.
- Similarly, a list of applicants who will be called for a Personal Interview will be compiled. A final list of the selected applicants will also be revealed.
- Each tier’s result will be announced separately.
Steps to obtain IES Results are listed below:
- Go to UPSC’s official website and look for the result link.
- The results of the applicants will be declared in a PDF file that will be uploaded.
- Download the file and run it.
- To find your result, enter your roll number.
IES Cutoff trends
- The IES 2022 Preliminary Exam Cutoff will be announced when the results are released.
- Applicants can check the IES cut-off online by going to the UPSC’s official website.
- It is necessary to score equal to or higher than the set qualifying marks in order to advance to the next stage, IES Main.
- For each exam, the cutoff is different. The cutoff is determined by the following factors:
- The total number of students who took the IES exam.
- Number of openings
- The engineering service examination’s difficulty level
- Performances of the candidates
IES Exam Process
Step 1: IES Application Form 2022
- Applicants must complete the IES application form 2022. The forms can be found on the UPSC’s official website.
- Applicants must choose their preferred test center location when filling out the application.
- Applicants must submit the prescribed application fees for their category after filling out the form.
Step 2: Download IES Admit Card 2022
- The IES admit card 2022 will be available for download on the official website. To obtain the admit card, applicants will need their application number and date of birth.
- The UPSC admit card is a vital document that contains a wealth of information. We recommend keeping the admit cards until the admissions process is completed successfully.
Step 3: IES Preliminary Exam 2022
Students must appear for the preliminary entrance exam for IES 2022 according to the schedule listed in the important dates section.
Aspirants should arrive at the exam center at least an hour prior to the start of the exam.
Step 4: IES Prelims Result 2022
- On their official website, UPSC will announce the preliminary exam results for IES 2022.
- Applicants can check their preliminary IES 2022 results by entering their application number and date of birth on the official website once they are released.
- Applicants must fill out the IES Main Detailed Application Form(DAF) for the IES Main Exam 2022 after receiving their IES Prelims 2022 Result.
Step 5: IES Main Exam 2022
- Students who pass the IES preliminary exam will be eligible to sit for the IES 2022 main entrance exam, which will be held according to the schedule listed in the important dates section.
- Aspirants are advised to arrive at the exam center at least an hour before the IES Main exam begins.
Step 6: IES Main Result 2022
The results for the IES 2022 main entrance exams will be announced on UPSC’s official website.
Aspirants can check their IES 2022 main results by entering their application number and date of birth on the official website once they are released.
Those who pass the IES 2022 main exam will be invited to the interview round. The IES exam selection process will come to a close at this point.
Step 7: IES Interview 2022
The Personal Interview round is part of the IES selection process. Only applicants who pass both the IES preliminary and main exams are eligible to participate in the final interview round. Only those applicants who pass the personal interview stage will be considered for the job.
Step 8: IES Result 2022
The final result of the interviews will be announced by UPSC, and the applicants will be recommended for appointment. This will be the final step before applicants are hired as executive engineers, mid-level managers, or bureaucrats in government offices.
Step 9: IES Cut-off and Reserve List
After the final result, the IES cut-off will be announced. In addition to the IES cut-off marks, an IES reserve list will be published, indicating the number of candidates in each category and the Engineering branch.
IES Preparation Tips 2022
It is critical to creating a proper study plan and strategy before you begin preparing for the exam. Here are some useful and effective IES Preparation tips 2022 to assist you in passing the IES examination:
1. Pay Attention to Technical Subjects
It is critical to begin preparing for the IES 2022 exam as soon as possible. In fact, it’s a good idea to start planning for engineering services while you’re still in school. It will assist you in learning each subject in depth; you will be able to cover the majority of the topics during your graduation years. Just remember not to skip any topics and to try to understand everything. Understanding the fundamentals of subjects is critical and will aid you greatly in your preparation.
2. Solve IES Previous Year’s Papers
Proper analysis of the previous year’s papers is also essential for passing the IES 2022 exam. Collect past ten years’ question papers and IES 2022 Sample Papers and go over each one individually. Select the most frequently asked topics and questions and pay special attention to them in order to perform well on ESE exams. Also, pay attention to the question paper’s pattern and prepare accordingly.
3. Make Subject Wise Notes
Take a printout of the IES 2022 syllabus and begin studying by subject. According to the syllabus, choose the best book. Choose 2-3 subjects at a time and devote 2 hours to each on a regular basis. It will assist you in thoroughly covering and comprehending the topics. And, yes, taking notes while studying is essential. Make a list of important topics and keep a separate note for formulas and tricks. These notes will assist you in reviewing the topics prior to the exam.
4. Develop a Reading Habit
You can begin your preparation for General English by reading grammar books, learning word usage, expanding your vocabulary, and learning parts of speeches and tenses. Make use of English newspapers and magazines to help you improve your English and expand your vocabulary. You can also use English online tests to help you. Develop a reading habit; it will aid you greatly in completing this section. Work on your verbal and written communication skills as well.
5. Take help of NCERT Books for General Studies
Many students are terrified of the general studies section. Keep up with current events in the nation and around the world to prepare this section. You can use NCERT books to answer questions on geography, history, politics, and many other topics, as they will cover most of the important topics for the exam.
6. Learn Time Management
Along with setting goals, time management is essential for passing any exam. When taking the exam, time is of the utmost importance. Don’t spend too much time on one question. If you have any doubts or are unsure about a question, skip it and move on to the next one. Make every effort to save time. Improve your reading and writing speed as well. You should practice at home so that you can perform well in the examination. In a single day, complete at least 4-5 practice sets. It will undoubtedly assist you in better time management.
Make a schedule for yourself and stick to it. Remember to take short breaks in between your study sessions to keep your mind fresh and relaxed. Attempt to devote 1-2 hours per day to General English and General Studies preparation. Just keep in mind that with a positive attitude, hard work, and determination, you will be able to achieve your ultimate goal with ease.
UPSC IES 2022 FAQs
Is the IES 2022 notification released?
The IES 2022 notification will be released in April 2022.Details on the IES Application 2022 can be found here.
What is the date of IES 2022 Exam?
The exam of IES 2022 will hel in July 2022.
What is IES exam eligibility?
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in engineering from a recognized university or institute. A holder of an equivalent degree will also be eligible to take the IES exam. The official notification contains a complete list of equivalent courses. The IES 2022 notification can be found here.
Is Computer Science eligible for IES?
Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in computer science can apply for the Engineering Service Exam, but they must first choose an engineering branch and study the syllabus provided in the IES notification. The IES Syllabus can be found here.
How many attempts are there for IES?
There are no limitations on how many times you can take the IES exam. Candidates can take the IES exam as long as they meet the age requirements outlined in the IES notification.
Is there any physical test for IES?
The IES exam does not include a physical examination. Candidates must undergo a medical fitness test at the designated hospital following the announcement of the IES Result.
How many branches are available in IES exam?
The UPSC administers the IES exam on a national level. The IES exam is given in four different branches. The following are the branches:
- Civil Engineering is a branch of civil engineering that deals
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering, Electrical
- Engineering of Electronics and Telecommunications
What is the IES officer salary?
Candidates who pass the IES exam will work for the Union Government in Group A or Group B positions. The UPSC IES notification also includes the IES salary. The candidate will be assigned to the Juinor Grade, with a pay range of Rs 15,600-39,100 and grade pay of 5400. The IES candidate’s starting salary is approximately Rs 55,000.
Can I appear in the IES exam in the 3rd year of the Engineering Course?
No, to sit for the IES exam, you must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering. Candidates in their final year of study are eligible to take the IES exam.