UPSC EPFO 2022: One of the most coveted government job examinations is the UPSC EPFO Exam. This exam is open to graduates from any field of specialization. This recruitment is for the position of Enforcement Officer or Accounts Officer, which is a non-ministerial Group ‘B’ position.
The application process consists of two stages: a recruitment test and an interview. The first stage will be an offline exam (pen and paper), followed by a face-to-face personality test. Candidates should look over previous years’ question papers to get a better understanding of the offline exam.
Table of Contents
UPSC EPFO 2022 Highlights
|Organization Body||Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation|
|Name of Commission||Union Public Service Commission|
|Type of Exam||National|
|Posting Location||Across India|
|Fees of Exam||INR 25/-|
|Negative Marking||1/3 of the mark|
|Medium of Exam||Hindi and English.|
|Selection Procedure||Written Test|
UPSC EPFO Exam Date 2022
The UPSC EPFO Exam will be held in May 2022. (Sunday). Below are the most recent EPFO exam dates as well as other important dates for the EPFO EO/AO Exam 2022. It is critical to keep track of all important dates in order to avoid missing a deadline.
|UPSC EPFO 2022 Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Release of Application Form UPSC EPFO||January 2022|
|Closing Date of Application||January 2022|
|Last Date of Fee Submission||January 2022|
|Release of UPSC EPFO Admit Card 2022||April 2022|
|UPSC EPFO Examination Date 2022||May 2022|
|Release of UPSC EPFO Result 2022||To be announced soon|
UPSC EPFO Notification 2022
On the official UPSC website, the EPFO Recruitment 2022 notification will be published. The EPFO AO/EO notification pdf can be downloaded and should be consulted for all relevant exam information. EPFO’s official notification 2022 includes information on the exam pattern, vacancies, syllabus, and more.
UPSC EPFO Vacancy 2021
We have given the details of vacancies of previous year that is 2021. One can estimate the same amount of vacancies in 2022 too.
Note: Physically challenged people are eligible for 11 of the 421 vacancies. Out of these 11, 8 vacancies are reserved for Deaf and Hard of Hearing with disabilities, i.e. Deaf (D) or Hard of Hearing (HH), and the remaining 3 vacancies are reserved for Locomotor Disability, such as Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy Cured, Dwarfism, Acid Attack Victims, and Muscular Dystrophy with disabilities, i.e. Both legs affected but not arms (BL), One leg affected (R or L) (OA).
UPSC EPFO Salary and Promotion
The Enforcement Officers are upgraded in Level-9 in the pay matrix of Rs. 53100- 167800 on successful completion of 4 years of regular service in level-8 in the pay matrix Rs.47600- 151100. The promotional hierarchy of EPFO has been provided below:
Additional Central PF Commissioner- II
PB-4; 37,400- 67,000 plus GP 8700 [Level 13]
Regional PF Commissioner-I
PB-3; 15,600- 39,100 plus GP 7600 [Level 12]
Regional PF Commissioner-II
PB-3; 15,600- 39,100 plus GP 6600 [Level 11]
Assistant PF Commissioner
PB-3; 15,600- 39,100 plus GP 5400/ [Level 10]
Enforcement Officer/Accounts Officer
PB-2; 9300-34800 plus GP 4800 [Level 8]
UPSC EPFO Eligibility Criteria 2022
Along with the notification, UPSC has released the EPFO eligibility criteria for the AO/EO post for 2022. Before applying for the exam, candidates must check the EPFO eligibility for 2022. Age, educational qualifications, and nationality are all factors in determining EPFO eligibility. In graduation, there is no mention of EPFO eligibility percentage, but there is a mention of desirable graduation stream.
Make sure you meet the requirements to apply for the UPSC EPFO enforcement officer position.
The EPFO eligibility criteria state the following about nationality eligibility. One of the following criteria must be met by the applicant:
- a citizen of India
- a subject of Nepal
- a subject of Bhutan
- a Tibetan refugee who arrived in India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of settling permanently in India
- a person of Indian origin who has moved to India permanently from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, or the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam.
UPSC EPFO Age Limit
The EPFO age limit for 2022 stipulates that the student’s maximum age should not exceed 30 years. The EPFO general age limit remains unchanged, while the age limit for SC/ST has been relaxed by 5 years.
UPSC EPFO Age Relaxation
The UPSC has provisions for age relaxation for SC/ST, EPFO employees, ex-servicemen, and others. The following are the details of the EPFO age limit for various categories in 2022:
|SC/ST||Upto 5 years|
|OBC||Upto 3 years|
|Employees of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO)||Upto 5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers, including ECOs/SSCOs, will have their service time reduced by five years if they have served continuously in the Armed Forces for at least six months after attestation on the closing date for applications.|
|Central Government employees||Up to 5 years as per instructions issued by the Govt. of India from time to time. (10 years – SC/ST and 8 years for OBC)|
|Persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of J&K during the period from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989||5 years|
|Physically Handicapped (PH) persons||Persons suffering from (a) blindness or low vision, (b) hearing impairment, and (c) locomotor disability or cerebral palsy will be granted a 10-year upper age limit relaxation in case of direct recruitment to all civil posts/services under the Central Government identified as suitable for persons with such disabilities. Persons with a minimum of 40% disability would be eligible for a relaxation of the age limit.|
UPSC EPFO Educational Qualification
According to the UPSC EPFO Educational Qualifications, an applicant must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized university. In the official notification pertaining to EPFO educational eligibility criteria, there are a few desirable streams mentioned. The following are the educational requirements for UPSC EPFO 2022:
(a) Bachelor’s degree in Law/Integrated Five years Degree in Law/Masters in Business Administration/Post Graduate Diploma in Management/Company Secretary/Chartered Accountants/Cost and Management Accountant .
(b) Two years of administration, accounting, or legal experience in a government or listed-private organization.
EPFO Recruitment Application Process
The UPSC EPFO 2022 application process is divided into two stages: Part-I Registration and Part-II Registration.
- Visit upsconline.nic.in, the UPSC’s official website.
- Click on the link that says “Online EPFO Recruitment Application(ORA) for the posts of Enforcement Officer (EO)/Accounts Officer (AO) in Employee Provident Fund Organisation, Ministry of Labour and Employment“
UPSC EPFO Recruitment Part I Registration
- A new window appears. Now select ‘Part-I Registration from the drop-down menu. Fill in the following information:
- Name as it appears on the certificate of matriculation/secondary examination
- Date of Birth
- Name of Mother and Father
- Photo ID Proof and ID Number
- Martial Status
- Address, Email ID, and Phone Number
- Educational Qualifications
- Select “Save & Continue” from the drop-down menu.
- Check the information you entered on the UPSC EPFO application form and then click the “I Agree” button.
- Part I of the registration process will be completed. You will be given a Registration ID. Make a note of it. A message will be sent to the candidate’s email address.
UPSC EPFO Recruitment Part-II Registration
Choose a payment method and complete the UPSC EPFO application fee payment.
Upload scanned images of your signature and photo.
Fill out the form and submit it to your preferred examination center.
UPSC EPFO Application Fee
Candidates can make online payments using a credit card, debit card, or SBI net banking.
Candidates who wish to pay in cash at the nearest SBI branch with a printout of the online generated challan can do so.
|UPSC SO Steno||UPSC Geo Scientist||CISF LDCE|
|EPFO Assistant||IES ISS||UPSC CMS|
UPSC EPFO AO/EO Exam Pattern 2022
With the official notification, the UPSC EPFO Exam Pattern 2022 was released. Before beginning exam preparation, the EPFO AO/EO exam pattern pdf must be thoroughly studied. The following is the EPFO Exam Pattern in detail:
- The offline test will last for two hours.
- All questions will receive the same number of points.
- The test will consist of multiple-choice questions with objective answers.
- The test will be conducted in both Hindi and English.
- For incorrect answers, there will be a penalty. For each incorrect answer, one-third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted. There will be no penalty for a question for which no answer has been marked.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus
The syllabus of the Test broadly comprises the following topics –
- General English
- Indian Freedom Struggle.
- Current Events and Developmental Issues.
- Indian Polity & Economy
- General Accounting Principles
- Industrial Relations & Labour Laws.
- General Science & knowledge of Computer applications
- General Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude
- Social Security in India
UPSC EPFO Admit Card 2022
The UPSC EPFO admit card 2022 will be available on the UPSC website. The EPFO AO/EO admit card 2022 can be downloaded from the official website using either the Registration Id/Application No or the Roll Number.
The link to download the UPSC EPFO admit card is provided below.
How to Download the UPSC EPFO Admit Card?
To obtain the admit card, follow the steps outlined below.
- Visit the official UPSC website at upsc.gov.in or use the direct link provided below.
- In the right column, select “Admit Card.”
- Choose an option from the drop-down menu and take the exam.
- Select “ENFORCEMENT OFFICER/ACCOUNTS OFFICER, E.P.F.O., 2022 or “प्रवर्तन अधिकारी / लेखा अधिकारी ई.पी.एफ.ओ.,2022” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Download button.
- Read the instructions carefully and then select I agree.
You can now download your admit card using your registration number/application number or your roll number.
- Choose your preferred option and fill in the required information.
- The e-admit card will appear on the screen. The pdf is available for download.
UPSC EPFO 2022 Exam Centres
The Recruitment Test (RT) will take place at the following locations:
|Chennai||Madurai||Gautam Budh Nagar|
UPSC EPFO Answer Key
After the examinations, the UPSC will release the answer key. The answer key will contain all of the correct answers to the exam’s objective type questions. The UPSC Answer Key section of the official website has the answer key available for download.
UPSC EPFO Results and Cutoff Marks
Before taking the exam, applicants must be aware of the UPSC EPFO Cutoff marks. The previous year’s UPSC EPFO cutoff marks will give you an idea of what to expect in the exam this year. The 2017 cutoff marks can be found in the following paragraph:
UPSC EPFO 2017 Cutoff
|Category||EPFO Recruitment Test (Out of 300)||Interview (Out of 100)||Final Cutoff|
UPSC EPFO 2022 Selection Process
An offline exam and an interview will be part of the UPSC EPFO 2022 Exam selection process for the posts of Enforcement Officer/Accounts Officer. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct a pen-and-paper based Recruitment Test (RT) across various exam centers to short-list applicants for the Interview round. For candidates who are shortlisted based on the Recruitment Test (RT) and qualify in the interview, the weighting of the Recruitment Test (RT) and Interview is 75:25.
There are two stages to the UPSC EPFO selection process for the AO/EO recruitment exam. To be considered for a position as an enforcement officer with UPSC EPFO, Ministry of Labour and Employment, you must pass both stages:
- Stage 1: Written Test
- Stage 2: Interview
The final merit list will be based on a 75:25 ratio of the preceding stages. In addition, the chosen candidate will serve a two-year probationary period.
UPSC EPFO Exam Weightage
|Recruitment Test (Stage-1)||75%|
UPSC EPFO Preparation Tips
Applicants are frequently perplexed about where to begin and how to begin their preparation. Here, we will assist you in getting through your early days and achieving your desired marks in UPSC EPFO 2022. Here are some helpful hints:
- Through Knowledge of Exam Patterns: You must have a thorough understanding of the exam pattern and take careful notes on it.
- List of Important Topics: The first mistake newcomers make is that they prepare for all topics, even though not all topics are important. As a result, make a comprehensive list of important topics and include them in your study schedule.
- Study Plan: You must create the study schedule that you will adhere to. All you have to do is create a study schedule that fits into your daily routine and does not exhaust you. Allocate enough time to each subject so that all of the topics receive equal attention.
- Following Current Affairs: Current events are required for UPSC EPFO. Devote at least 30 – 40 minutes to current events so that you can take notes on the highlights during that time.
- Previous Year Papers: Collect previous year papers and sample question papers once you’ve started your preparation. As a result, whenever you finish a topic, you can check what types of questions are most likely to arise from that topic.
- Make notes and Revise: Making notes in your own language is necessary because it will aid you in revision and you will not have to read the topic as much as you did previously.
UPSC EPFO Exam 2022 FAQ’S
The test is for the position of Enforcement Officers/Accounts Officers.
There were a total of 421 open positions.
The deadline will be estimated to be around in January 2022 for UPSC EPFO 2022.
Rs. 25/- is the application fee (unreserved candidates).
Candidates can apply for this exam by filling out an online form. The steps for applying have been covered in detail in the article.
A Recruitment Test and an Interview are both part of the selection process.
The maximum age is 30 years.
A bachelor’s degree is required of the candidate.
For incorrect answers, a 1/3 marks deduction will be applied.
The probationary period will last for two years.