UPSC IES-ISS 2022: Union Public Service Commission has released its Recruitment calendar for the year 2022 which consists of dates of all the exams conducted by it.
Candidates can check the calendar here.
Candidates can apply from the official website.
The UPSC IES-ISS exam are known as Union Public Service Commission Indian Economical Service (IES) and Indian Statistical Service (ISS). Both the exams are conducted once a year by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). The IES & ISS come under the Group A services of CCS (Central Civil Services). The recruitment through these exams will be done for the service of Grade A posts under the Central Government.
The application will start after the release of the notification. The application form will be accepted online only. The recruitment will be done based on aggregate marks scored in the Written exam+Interview and verification of eligibility.
The full details regarding these two exams UPSC IES & ISS are given below in the article, applicants are requested to read all the information carefully.
UPSC IES-ISS 2022 Overview
|Name of Examination||UPSC Indian Economic Service- Indian Statistical Service 2022|
|Popularly Known As||UPSC IES-ISS 2022|
|Conducting Authority||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Frequency||Only once a year|
|Name of Service||IES & ISS|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Application Fees||INR 200/-|
|Negative Marking||Yes, 0.33 marks will be deducted for every correct answer|
UPSC IES-ISS 2022 Important Dates
|Notification releases on||06 April 2022|
|Application begins from||06 April 2022|
|Last Date to apply||26 April 2022|
|Application Withdrawal starts from||To be notified|
|Last date to withdrawal from online application||To be notified|
|ISS Exam Date||24 June 2022|
|ISS Result Declaration date||To be notified|
|ISS Interview Date||To be notified|
|IES Exam Date||To be notified|
|IES Result Declaration Date||To be notified|
|IES Interview Date||To be notified|
UPSC IES-ISS 2022 Application Process
UPSC IES-ISS 2022 application process comprises of two parts i.e. Part-I and Part-II. Part-I is the Registration Process while Part-II is Form Filling Process. Here we have provided the step-by-step procedure to complete both parts of the application process.
- Open the official website of UPSC i.e. https://www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Now select and click on the ‘Apply Now’ link appearing on the home page.
- After clicking on the link, a new window will open for the registration process.
- Enter the required details such as Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Contact no., Email id, etc as per requirement.
- Now preview the details at once and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- After submitting the registration form, the system will generate a credential for each individual.
- The credential details such as Registration No., Password will be sent to applicants via mail or message on the registered mobile no. and mail id.
- Now in the next stage, applicants have to login by using their credentials such as Registration ID, date of birth, and password.
- Now applicants have to upload their recent passport size photograph and signature in the exact format suggested in the information brochure.
- Now applicants will have to verify all the details and then preview the application form carefully to avoid any mistake.
- Lastly, applicants have to pay the application fee only (for General and OBC applicants).
- In the last, print the application form and fee receipt on paper and keep it safe for future references.
- The Application fee can be debited through online mode as well as offline mode.
- Applicants have to visit the nearest SBI branch to make payment during office time.
- The online application fee payment can be made via Debit card/ Credit card/ Net Banking/ Rupay, etc.
|General OBC||INR 200/-|
UPSC IES-ISS 2022 Eligibility
Only those applicants will be able to fill the form who satisfies all the required eligibility criteria. The eligibility details required for the UPSC IES-ISS exam are as follows-
- The applicants must be a citizen of India/ Nepal/ Bhutan/ Tibetan refugee who migrated to India before January 1, 1962.
- Or, An individual of Indian origin who has come from Pakistan /Sri Lanka/ Burma/Eastern Africa (Kenya, Malawi, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Uganda, Zambia, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam).
- Indian Economic Service (IES): Applicants must have completed their Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Business Economics/Applied Economics/Econometrics.
- Indian Statistical Service (ISS): Applicants must have completed Bachelor’s Degree with Mathematical Statistics/Statistics/Applied Statistics or, Master’s degree in Mathematical Statistics/Statistics/Applied Statistics.
- The age of applicants should lies between 21 years to 30 years.
- The relaxation will be provided to reserved category candidates as per the Government norms.
|Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECO/SSCO||5 years|
|Domicile of Jammu & Kashmir||5 years|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Defense Services Personnel disabled in operations during hospitalities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area||3 years|
UPSC IES-ISS 2022 Exam Pattern
The UPSC IES & ISS both the exam have almost the same exam pattern. For both the services the exam will consist of two stages. In stage 1 applicants have to attempt General English, General Studies, and Subjective papers while in Stage 2, applicants have to face an interview round after qualifying stage 1. The language of the question papers will be English only. Stage 1 i.e. Written exam comprises 1000 marks while Stage 2 i.e. Interview comprises 200 marks.
UPSC IES Exam Pattern
|1. General English||100 marks||3 hours||Subjective|
|2. General Studies||100 marks||3 hours||Subjective|
|3. General Economics-I||200 marks||3 hours||Subjective|
|4. General Economics-II||200 marks||3 hours||Subjective|
|5. General Economics-III||200 marks||3 hours||Subjective|
|6. Indian Economics||200 marks||3 hours||Subjective|
|Total marks||1000 marks||–|
UPSC ISS Exam Pattern
|1.General English||100 marks||3 hours||Subjective|
|2.General Studies||100 marks||3 hours||Subjective|
|3. Statistics-I||200 marks||2 hours||Objective|
|4. Statistics-II||200 marks||2 hours||Objective|
|5. Statistics-III||200 marks||3 hours||Subjective|
|6. Statistics-IV||200 marks||3 hours||Subjective|
|Total marks||1000 marks||–|
UPSC IES-ISS 2022 Exam Syllabus
The topics of the syllabus of the UPSC IES-ISS exam are described below. For a detailed syllabus, applicants have to download the syllabus from the official website of UPSC for the respective exams.
- General English
- Precise Writing
- Letter Writing
- General Studies
- General knowledge
- current affairs
- Current events and their effects on everyday life
- Indian polity
- Constitution of India.
UPSC IES Syllabus
- General Economics I:
- Theory of Consumer’s Demand, Welfare Economic, Theory of Value, Theory of Production, Theory of Distribution, Quantitative Methods in Economics.
- General Economics II: Economic Thought, Theory of Employment, International Economics, Money & Finance, the Concept of National Income and Social Accounting, Economic growth and development, Balance of Payments, Financial and Capital Market, Global Institutions.
- General Economics III: Environmental Economics, Public Finance, Industrial Economics, Market, State, and planning.
- Indian Economics: History of development & Planning, Foreign Trade, Budgeting, Poverty, Federal Finance, Unemployment, Labour, and Human Development, Agriculture, Money and Banking, The strategy of Industrial development, Inflation.
UPSC ISS Syllabus
- Statistics-I: Probability, Numerical Analysis, Statistical Methods, Data Processing, Computer Application, etc.
- Statistics-II: Statistical Inference, Linear Models, Hypothesis Testing, Sector Wise Statistics, Socio-Economic Indicators, Official Statistics, Population Census, etc.
- Statistics-III: Sampling Techniques, Econometrics, Applied Statistics, Estimation of Population, Time Series Analysis, Fourier Transform, etc.
- Statistics-IV: Operations Research and Reliability, PERT and CPM, Exponential Distributions, Branch and Bound Method, Survival Analysis and Clinical Trial, Demography and Vital Statistics, Data Management, Multivariate Analysis, Design and Analysis of Experiments, Quality Control, Computing with C and R, etc.
UPSC IES-ISS 2022 Preparation Tips
The UPSC IES-ISS exam is the most-awaited and reputation exam. Every year no. of applicants do apply for this exam. It is considered one of the most prestigious jobs offered by UPSC. So its preparation should be done in the perfect manner in order to get the services. The strategy should be unique to score well in written exams. Here are strategy and tips to gain a good score in written exam as mentioned below:
- Start your preparation early to preserve your valuable time.
- Read current affairs from the English newspapers such as The Hindu, Times of India, etc. Choose any one only.
- Understand and examine the paper pattern.
- Start your preparation with NCERT books to strengthen the basics.
- Make a regular note as well as a short note to reduce the time of the revision.
- Give mock tests for all the papers to examine your preparation stage.
UPSC IES-ISS 2022 Admit Card
The admit card/ hall ticket is one of the most important documents to fix your entry in the exam hall otherwise you will exempt from the exam. Applicants can download the admit card/ hall ticket of the UPSC IES-ISS exam by following the below procedure.
- Open your search engine and type upsconline.gov.in.
- Now on the home page, search for the “e-admit cards for various examinations of UPSC” option and then click on it.
- After that select, the ‘UPSC IES admit card 2022’ and click on the link.
- Now it’s time to enter your Registration ID/ Roll no. and date of birth.
- Now click on the submit button.
- Now you will have your admit card on the monitor screen, download it take a hard copy of it for future references.
UPSC IES-ISS 2022 Exam Center
The list of exam centers for the UPSC IES-ISS exam is listed below. The exam center will be allotted to the applicants on behalf of their preferences filled in the application form. It should be noted that no request will be entertained to change the exam center.
- Prayagraj (Allahabad)
UPSC IES-ISS 2022 Result & Cut off
The result of UPSC IES and UPSC ISS 2022 will be announced officially on the official website of UPSC. The applicants will able to watch and download the result. The result/ scorecard of the UPSC IES-ISS will be released after a few days of examination. Only those applicants will call for the next stage who have acquired the minimum cut off marks set by the authority.
The glimpse of minimum cut off marks and previous year cut off marks are below in the table.
|Category||Minimum marks in each of the 6 papers||Minimum of marks in all 6 papers (out of 1000 marks)||Minimum marks of the last candidate Finally recommended for appointment (out of 1200 marks)|
UPSC IES-ISS 2022 Selection Procedure
The selection of applicants will be processed in two stages:-
- Written examination.
- Interview test/ Personality test
Those applicants who will qualify for the written exam will call for the Interview round. After the interview process, the final merit list will be released. Applicants who are shortlisted will call for verification of eligibility. If they qualify the last stage i.e. verify the eligibility for the respective posts then they will be recruited under the same service otherwise exempted. Both the rounds are qualifying in nature. If during the verification process, applicants fail any stage of verification then their candidature will be canceled.
You will also like UPSC CAPF 2022.
UPSC IES-ISS 2022 FAQs
Where we have to apply for the UPSC IES and ISS exams?
You can apply for the UPSC IES/ ISS exam on the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in.
What will be the application fee for Unreserved category candidates?
The application fee for Unreserved category candidates is INR 200/ only.
What is the minimum requirement of age to apply for the UPSC IES-ISS 2022 exam?
The minimum age of the applicants should be 21 years to apply for UPSC IES-ISS exam.
What is the selection procedure to qualify for this exam?
The provisional selection is based on the marks obtained in written exam and Interview test. However the final selection will be based on the verification of eligibility.
If an OBC applicant aged 33 then can he/she apply for this exam?
Yes, he/she can apply but they have to produce the category certificate to claim the age relaxation.