RRB Group D 2022 Recruitment: The Railway Recruitment Cell is holding the RRB Group D exam in 2022. (RRC). RRC is a recruitment body under the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) that is in charge of holding exams to select candidates for various Level 1 positions in the 7th Central Pay Commission.
Applicants with a secondary school diploma or an ITI certificate are eligible to apply for RRB Group D. There are four stages to the RRB Group D selection process. The RRB Group D exam pattern, selection process, syllabus, result, expected cutoff, and preparation recommendations have all been thoroughly discussed.
Table of Contents
RRB Group D Exam 2022 Highlights
The following are the highlights of the RRB Group D exam:
|RRB Full Form||Railway Recruitment Board|
|RRC Full Form||Railway Recruitment Cell|
|Exam Conducting Body||RRC undertaking of RRB|
|Download Link||RRB Group D Official Notification|
|Eligibility Criteria||Secondary (class 10th) Passed/ ITI Passed|
|Number of Stages in Selection Process||4 (CBT, PET, DV, Medical Test)|
|RRB Group D Posts and Department||Electrical: Assistant Loco Shed, Assistant Operations, Assistant TL & AC, Assistant TL & AC (Workshop), Assistant TRD|
|Engineering: Assistant Bridge, Assistant Track Machine, Assistant Works, Assistant Engineering|
|Mechanical: Assistant (Workshop), Assistant C&W, Assistant Loco Shed (Diesel)|
|Medical: Hospital Assistant|
|Stores: Assistant Depot|
|Signal & Telecom: Assistant|
|Traffic: Assistant Pointsman|
|Type of Posts in RRB Group D||Non-gazetted posts as per Level 1 of 7th CPC|
RRB Group D Vacancies 2022
According to the official notification, the RRB Group D exam was used to fill 1,03,769 non-gazetted posts for various Indian Railways units in 2021.
RRB Group D Exam Dates 2022
The RRB Group D exam dates will be announced along with the official notification.
The following are the RRB Group D Exam Dates for 2022:
|RRB Group D Exam Events||RRB Group D Exam Dates|
|Date of Advertisement||To be announced soon|
|Commencement of Online Registration||To be announced soon|
|Last Date of Online Registration||To be announced soon|
|Last Date for Online Applications Fee Payment||To be announced soon|
|Last Date for Applications Fee Payment through SBI/ Post Office Challan||To be announced soon|
|Final Submission of Online Application||To be announced soon|
|Stage-1: Computer Based Test||To be announced soon|
|RRB Group D CBT Answer Key/ Result/ Cutoff||To be released soon after the exam|
|RRB Group D PET||To be held soon after CBT result|
|RRB Group D DV/ Medical Fitness Test||To be held soon after PET result|
|RRB Group D Final Result||To be announced soon|
RRB Group D Application Process 2022
Only online applications are accepted for RRB Group D. Before beginning to fill out the application, all applicants are suggested to read the official notification carefully.
The following are the step-by-step instructions for the RRB Group online application process:
- New Registration: Click on “New Registration” after selecting the RRB for which you want to apply. After the Registration Number has been assigned, the RRB cannot be changed.
- Information on how to register: Submit your name, date of birth, father’s and mother’s names, Aadhaar number, secondary (class 10) registration number, year of graduation, mobile number, and email address. The registration number will appear on the screen after the mobile number and password have been verified via OTP.
- Part-I of the RRB Group D Application Process: Applicants must provide information on their educational qualifications, community, gender, religion, ex-SM, minority, EWS, and other relevant information.
- Part-II of the RRB Group D Application Process: The applicant must indicate his or her preference for the posts.
- Payment and Bank Account Information: Applicants will be directed to the payment page after completing the above application process. The application fee for RRB Group D can be paid both online and offline.
|Category||Application Fee||Application Fee Amount to be Refunded after CBT|
|General (UR)||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 400/-|
|PwBD / Female /Transgender/ Ex-Servicemen candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/Minority Communities/ Economically Backward Class.||Rs. 250/-||Rs. 250/- (deducting bank charges)|
- Language of the Exam and Other Information: Choose a language for the RRB Group D exam in 2022. The default language, however, is English. Fill in any additional information, such as mother tongue, identification marks, permanent address, and so on.
- Photo Id Proof: Applicants must fill out the details of a valid Photo ID card in the application, which they must present as proof during the CBT, PET, DV, Medical, or any subsequent stages of the exam.
- Application Fee Refund Bank Account Information: Applicants who took the CBT will be eligible for a refund of their application fees. Applicants will receive a refund of their application fee in the same account that they paid it with. Applicants who do not want their application fee refunded to their original account or who paid their application fee by challan must provide the beneficiary account information in the online application form.
- Upload of a photograph, signature, and caste certificate must have been taken on or after January 1, 2019. The photograph must be between 20 and 50 KB in size, while the signature must be between 10 and 40 KB. SC/ST applicants must upload scanned copies of their caste certificates (50 KB to 100 KB) to be eligible for a free Railway Traveling Pass during the RRB Group D exam.
- Candidates can submit their application and download a PDF copy of the submitted application for future reference after confirming the declaration.
|RRB Recruitment||RRB JE Mechanical Engineering||RRB Junior Stenographer|
|RRB Health and Malaria Inspector||RRB ASM||Railways TC|
RRB Group D 2022 Eligibility Criteria
RRC establishes very broad eligibility criteria for RRB Group D positions, allowing anyone with an average or below average level of education to apply.
- To apply for RRB Group D, applicants must be Indian citizens. A Nepalese or Bhutanese citizen, a Tibetan refugee, or a person of Indian origin who migrated from another country to live permanently in India are all eligible to apply.
- An RRB Group D candidate must have the following educational qualifications:
- Certificate of completion of 10th grade, or
- ITI certificate or diploma
- Applicants who are in their final year of study or who are awaiting their results are ineligible to apply.
- Applicants from the general category who are between the ages of 18 and 33 are eligible to apply for RRB Group D. Applicants from other categories, such as OBC, SC, ST, Ex-Servicemen, and PWD, will receive age relaxations as usual.
- The most important date for calculating age is July 1, 2019. The following are the upper and lower date of birth limits for various categories:
- Apart from that, all RRB Group D applicants must meet RRC’s Medical Fitness Criteria, which are A-2, A-3, B-1, B-2, C-1, C-2.
|Age Group||Upper limit of Date of Birth (Not earlier than)||Lower limit of Date of Birth (Not later than)|
|18 to 33 years||UR||OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||SC/ST||For all communities/ categories|
|July 2, 1986||July 2, 1983||July 2, 1981||01.07.2001|
- Apart from these, every RRB Group D applicant must meet the Medical Fitness criteria as specified by RRC viz., A-2, A-3, B-1, B-2, C-1, C-2.
RRB Group D Selection Process 2022
RRB Group D selection process has 4 stages viz.,
- Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- Document Verification
- Medical Fitness Examination
Applicants who pass the CBT are invited to take the PET. The applicants called for PET is three times the total number of vacancies for the positions in each community.
The RRB Group D PET is a qualifying exam, and passing it is required. Male and female candidates must meet different qualifications. It goes like this:
|Male Candidates||Female Candidates|
|Should be able to lift and carry 35 kg of weight for 100 metres in 2 minutes without stopping; and should be able to run for 1000 metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one go.||Should be able to lift and carry 20 kg of weight for 100 metres in 2 minutes without stopping; and should be able to run for 1000 metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one go.|
Applicants twice the number of vacancies will be called for Document Verification (DV)/ Medical Fitness Test as per their merit and options based on their performance in CBT subject to their qualifying in PET.
Selected applicants’ appointment is contingent on passing the Railway Administration’s required Medical Fitness Test, final verification of educational and community certificates, and verification of the applicants’ antecedents/character.
RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2022
The Computer Based Test is the first stage of the RRB Group D exam (CBT). The questions are of the MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) variety.
The table below summarises the key features of the RRB Group D exam pattern.
|Total Marks||100 Questions * 1 Mark = 100 Marks|
|Negative Marking||⅓ Marks for Each Wrong Answer|
|Sections In RRB Group D CBT||General Science (25 Questions)|
|Mathematics (25 Questions)|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning (30 Questions)|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs (20 Questions)|
|Total Time||90 Minutes (1 Hour 30 Minutes)|
It is followed by PET, DV, Medical Examination, and Final Selection.
RRB Group D 2022 Exam Syllabus
The RRB Group D exam is divided into 4 sections viz.,
- General Science
- General Awareness and Current Affairs
- General Intelligence and Reasoning, and
The RRB Group D 2022 latest syllabus is mentioned in the table.
|RRB Group D Subjects||RRB Group D Syllabus|
|General Science||Physics, Chemistry, and Biology of 10th standard level (as per NCERT textbooks).|
|Mathematics||Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern, etc.|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision making, Similarities, and Differences, Analytical Reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions, etc.|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and any other subject of importance.|
RRB Group D Admit Card 2022
The release dates for RRB Group D admit cards have yet to be revealed.
The admit card for RRB Group D can be downloaded four days before the exam. Applicants can look up the exam city, exam date, exam shift, and exam time 10 days before the exam.
RRB also informs applicants via email and SMS when the RRB Group D 2022 admit card is available. Applicants will be sent an email and a text message to the address provided during registration.
The following is a step-by-step procedure for downloading the RRB Group D admit card/hall ticket:
- Visit the official websites of the RRBs you’ve chosen.
- Click the “Downloading of the e-call letter, city intimation slip, and free travelling authority for SC/ST candidates” link on the home page.
- Applicants will be taken to the login page after being redirected. The next page will be displayed.
- Fill in the Registration Number and Password fields.
- The admit card for RRB Group D 2022 appears on the screen.
- Take a printout of the Railway Group D admit card PDF file (colour preferably).
RRB Group D 2022 Result
Different RRBs publish their RRB Group D results on their respective websites. RRB Group D results are usually released 3-4 months after the exam. The download link for the result will be activated in this article once the result is declared.
For applicants in the UR/ EWS/ OBC/ SC/ ST categories, the qualifying marks are 40/ 40/ 30/ 30/ 30. For PWD candidates, there is a 2% reduction in the exam fee.
The cutoff marks are usually higher than the qualifying marks because they are the minimum qualifying marks. Applicants who receive marks below the above-mentioned qualifying marks are automatically disqualified.
Aside from that, applicants can use the provided window to view their scorecards for a specific time period. The RRB Group D scorecard contains the candidates’ raw score, pro-rata score, normalised score, and other information.
RRB Group D Cutoff 2022
The performance of applicants in the RRB Group D CBT exam will be used to shortlist applicants for the RRB Group D PET. Applicants who receive marks equal to or higher than the minimum RRB Group D cutoff score will be called for the next round of selection.
After the RRB Group D exam, the RRB Group D cutoff 2022 will be published. Applicants can get a good idea of the competition level based on RRB Group D cutoff trends from previous years. Applicants can use this information to improve their preparation and score at least 10-15 marks higher than the previous year’s cutoff score.
|RRB Zone||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Ahmedabad||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Allahabad||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Bhubaneshwar||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Bhopal||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Bengaluru||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Bilaspur||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Chennai||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Chandigarh||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Guwahati||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Gorakhpur||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Kolkata||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Mumbai||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Patna||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Ranchi||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|Secunderabad||Type of Applicants||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
RRB Group D 2022 Salary
The RRB Group D employees salary structure is as follows:
|RRB Group D Salary Components||RRB Group D Salary Amount|
|Basic Pay||Rs. 18,000/-|
|DA (12% of Basic Pay)||Rs. 2,160|
|HRA (24% of Basic Pay)||Rs. 4,320|
|TA (Rs. 3,600 + 12% DA on TA)||Rs. 4,032|
|Gross Salary||Rs. 28,512|
There are also deductions such as NPS, Professional Tax, CGIS, Income Tax, and so on. After all deductions, RRB Group D employees’ net in-hand salary ranges between Rs. 26,000 and Rs. 27,000.
Candidates selected for RRB Group D are assigned field work such as track maintenance, railway coaches, departments, stores, locomotive maintenance, and so on.
RRB After three years of regular employment, Group D employees are eligible for promotion to Group C. Promotions are made based on departmental exams.
For Similar Exam Click Here
RRB Group D Exam 2022 FAQs
In RRB Group D, there are four stages: CBT, PET, DV, and Medical Fitness Test.
By analysing the weightage of each topic in previous years’ question papers, aspirants should make a list of important topics.
For each topic, the concepts should be clarified first, and then there should be time for 2-3 times of revision at regular intervals.
Memorize the key formulas, shortcuts, and definitions.
Keep up with current events by reading newspapers on a regular basis.
Solve puzzles on a regular basis to improve your logical abilities.
Yes, and it’s discussed in the article’s results section.
If you are qualified for multiple positions, you may apply for them all. However, if someone applies for the same job multiple times, the application form may be rejected.
Because the positions have changed, the recruitment process has changed as well. RRBs may go through several stages of recruitment, including CBT-I, CBT-II, Typing Tests or Computer Based Aptitude Tests, Medical Exams, and DV.
They’re both the same. RRC is an exam conducting body under RRB that is in charge of administering exams for non-gazetted posts under the 7th CPC Level 1 exam.
RRB Group D officers are paid a basic salary of Rs. 18,000 per month. The pay scale for RRB Group D is INR 15,600 – 60,600/-, according to the 7th Pay Commission.