The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is an Indian government agency that publishes a direct recruitment notice for the position of Ticket Collector (TC) in the Indian railway system.
This position is open to candidates from across India. The application process has yet to be given a start or end date. For the most up-to-date information on the Railways TC recruitment exam in 2024, candidates should read the article.
Through the Railway TC recruitment 2024, eligible applicants who want to find employment for the Indian government will be hired as ticket collectors for the Indian Railways.
Table of Contents
Railway TC Recruitment 2024 Overview
The table below contains the important highlights of the Railway TC 2024 recruitment for aspirants.
|Exam Name||Railway TC Recruitment Exam|
|Conducting Authority||Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Frequency of Exam||Once in a year|
|Levels of Exam||Stage 1: Computer-based test (CBT)|
Stage 2: Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Stage 3: Medical Test
Stage 4: Personal Interview
|Duration of Exam||90 Minutes|
|Exam Language||English, Hindi|
|Name of the Post||For recruitment of candidates as ticket collectors (TC) in Indian Railways|
|Indian Railways Official Website||https://indianrailways.gov.in/|
Railway TC Exam Date 2024
The following table shows the tentative dates for the Railway TC recruitment in 2024:
|Exam related Events||Exam Schedule (Tentative)|
|Exam Notification||Before March 2024|
|Application Process||Up to 30 days after the notification is released|
|Admit Card Release||To be announced|
|Railway TC Recruitment 2024 Exam||To be announced|
|Answer Key Release||To be announced|
|Result Announcement||To be announced|
Railway TC Recruitment Application Process 2024
All candidates are advised to apply for the Railway TC 2024 recruitment exam only after thoroughly reviewing the eligibility requirements. To take the exam, candidates must fill out and submit the Railway TC recruitment 2024 application form online. Candidates can fill out the application form for the railway recruitment 2024 examinations by following the steps below:
Step 1: Railway TC Recruitment 2024 Registration Process
Candidates must first register for the exam on the exam’s official website. Candidates should take the following steps:
- Go to the official website of Indian Railways, which is https://indianrailways.gov.in/
- Look for the notification, Railway TC 2024.
- Complete the registration form with all the required information.
- Submit the form.
- Note the registration ID and password generated by the system.
Step 2: Railway TC Recruitment 2024 Application Form
Following that, candidates must fill out the application form for Railway TC 2024 recruitment using the steps below:
- On the official website, enter your registration ID and password.
- Fill in the required information in the application form, such as educational credentials, exam center preferences, and so on.
- Candidates must now submit scanned images of their signatures as well as a passport-sized photograph.
- Examine the application form carefully and make any necessary changes.
- For future reference, print the completed application form.
Step 3: Railway TC Recruitment 2024 Application Fee
In order to submit their application form for Railway TC recruitment 2024, candidates must pay the application fee in the final step. Fees for different categories of candidates are listed below:
|Category Name||Application Fee|
|General (UR)/ OBC Candidates||INR 500|
|SC/ST/Female Candidates||INR 250|
|Railway Lab Assistant Recruitment||RRB Staff Nurse||IRMS|
|RRB JE Electrical Engineering||RRB Ministerial and Isolated Categories||RRB Paramedical Staff|
Railway TC Eligibility Criteria 2024
When the Railway TC eligibility criteria for 2024 are officially announced by the commission, all applicants must follow them. Candidates who do not meet the required eligibility criteria will be disqualified from participating in the Railway TC recruitment process.
Age Limit for Railway TC (As of 01.03.2024)
- Candidates should be between the ages of 18 and 30.
- Candidates for the OBC category must be between the ages of 18 and 33.
- The candidate’s age bracket must fall into the SC/ST category.
- Minimum age limit: 18 years.
- Maximum Age Limit: 30 years.
The D.O.B. will be considered as of 01.03.2024, along with other tentative government rules and regulations.
RRB can, however, announce certain age relaxation norms for reserved candidates under the RRB Ticket Collector Eligibility Criteria, as shown in the table below.
|Category Name||Age relaxation Provided|
Railway TC Educational Qualification
As of 01.03.2024, a candidate with a Railway TC qualification must have passed the 10+2 (class 12) exam or have an equivalent degree from a recognized university or board. On or before 01.03.2024, candidates who pass the computer-based exam, as well as the Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Test that follow, must produce all original educational certificates for the completion of the 12th standard or equivalent examination as proof. If aspirants fail to produce original documents during the document verification stage, the board will reject their application.
Railway TC Nationality
Railway TC is an all-India job that requires the applicant to be an Indian citizen.
Railway TC Syllabus 2024
The official notification for the Railway TC syllabus has yet to be released. Once the official Railway TC Syllabus 2024 is released, we will update our page in detail. For the time being, you can consult the following syllabus for the forthcoming recruitment exam:
- history of India.
- About India and its neighboring countries:
- National News (current).
- Famous Places in India.
- countries and capitals.
- Science and innovations
- international issues.
- Geography of India
- National and international current affairs
- Political Science
- Economic issues in India
- New inventions
- Indian Culture
- world organizations
- Scientific observations
- similarities and differences.
- Number Series.
- Visual Memory
- Figure Classification.
- Arithmetical Computation
- Non-Verbal Series
- Relationship Concepts
- Analytical Functions
- Space Visualization
- Problem Solving
- Fundamental Operations
- Problems on ages
- Math Operator Replacement
- Time & Work
- Allegations and Mixtures
- Simple Interest.
- Number System.
- Boats and streams.
- Profit & Loss.
- Compound Interest
- Time & Distance
- Problems with squares and cubes
- Ratios and Proportions
- Least Common Multiple (LCM) & Highest Common Factor (HCF).
- Power electronics and drives.
- Utilization of Electrical Energy.
- Power Systems.
- AC Fundamentals.
- Network Theory.
- Estimation and costing.
- Basic Electrical Engineering Concepts.
- Basic Electronics
- Analog and digital electronics
- magnetic circuit.
- measurement as well as measuring instruments.
- Alphabet Test
- Statement – Conclusions.
- Inserting the missing character
- The odd one out.
- Puzzle Test
- Clocks and Calendars.
- Number, Ranking, and Time Sequence
- An Alpha-Numeric Sequence Puzzle
- Pay attention to detail.
- Logical Venn Diagrams.
- Blood Relations
- Statement of Arguments
- The Logical Sequence of Words
- Eligibility Test.
- Mathematical operations
- Data Sufficiency
- Waves and optics, interference and diffraction, polarization.
- Thermal and statistical physics.
- Mechanics of Rigid Bodies: System of particles; center of mass, angular momentum; equations of motion.
- electricity and magnetism.
- Mechanics of particles: laws of motion; conservation of energy and momentum.
- Coordination compounds
- solid, liquid, and gaseous states.
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Kinetics
- Photochemistry and Spectroscopy
- Chemical Bonding
- Organic Chemistry
- Human Body.
- Genetics and evolution.
- Biotechnology and its applications.
- Ecology and the environment.
- Biology and Human Welfare.
Railway TC Exam Pattern 2024
The exam pattern for the RRB TC has yet to be released. We will update this page once the RRB releases the Railway TC exam pattern 2024 along with the official notification. The following is an example of the expected exam pattern:
|Subject Name||Total Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration of Exam|
|General Awareness||25||25||90 minutes|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||15||15|
Railway TC Recruitment 2024 Admit Card
The admit card for the Railway TC recruitment 2024 examination will be available a few weeks before the exam date. You must print it once it is issued after downloading it from the RRB website. No candidate will be permitted to appear for the Railway TC 2024 recruitment without a valid admit card.
Steps to Download the Admit Card
The following is a step-by-step procedure for obtaining the Railway TC admit card 2024:
- Step 1: Candidates must first visit the RRB website and click on the Railway TC Admit Card download link.
- Step 2: After clicking the link from the RRB homepage, you will be directed to a login page.
- Step 3: Submit your application by entering your login credentials in the field provided during the online application process.
- Step 4: Subsequently, your RRB TC admit card will appear on the computer screen, which you can print or save.
- Step 5: Double-check all of the details on the admit card before printing one or two copies for future use.
Railway TC Answer Key 2024
The Railway Recruitment Board will publish the answer key for the TC examination on its official website after all of the sessions of the Railway TC recruitment have concluded. Candidates must download the answer key before the results are released in order to calculate their grades and determine their qualification status. As a result of this estimation based on answer keys, aspirants will have a little more time to prepare for the following rounds.
Candidates should review and download only the answer key for the set/series for which they appear to reduce fear and misunderstanding. RRB also provides a link to file an objection to any answer in the answer key that is valid for a limited time.
Railway TC Recruitment 2024 Cutoff Marks
The railway TC cut-off marks will be announced after the applicants have completed the exam. The purpose of the preliminary cutoff is to identify only qualified candidates for the next stages of the recruitment process. Students who scored higher than the cut-off in the mains exams are placed higher on the final merit list. Following the completion of the computer-based test in the recruitment process, the RRB will release a region-by-region and category-by-category cut-off list.
Railway TC Recruitment 2024 Result
The Railway Recruitment Board announces the results of all exams it has held within 1-2 months of the exam date. The Railway TC results for 2024 will also be available on the RRB website. The processes for downloading the Railway TC recruitment 2024 results have been listed below for your convenience.
- Step 1: Go to the official website of the RRB.
- Step 2: Find the RRB TC result 2024 download link under the careers tab or in the latest notifications section of the homepage.
- Step 3: On the resulting log-in screen, enter your registration ID as the user ID and your DOB as the password, then click the submit button.
- Step 4: Candidates can download the Railway TC result 2024 in pdf file format for reference purposes.
Railway TC Recruitment 2024 Salary Structure
In the Indian railways, the TC salary is reasonable, and they are also given several additional allowances that boost their pay even more. The Railway TC will be paid between Rs. 21000 and Rs. 81700 per month, plus any other allowances or perks that may be available under RRB rules.
In addition to their base salary, railway ticket collectors are entitled to benefits such as Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), medical facilities, transportation allowances, and so on.
The following is a breakdown of the salary structure:
|Specifics||X Class City||Y Class City||Z Class City|
|Basic Pay (in INR)||21,700||21,700||21,700|
|D.A. (Dearness Allowance) (in INR)||3,689||3,689||3,689|
|HRA (in INR)||5,400||3,600||1,800|
|Transport Allowance (in INR)||4,212||2,106||2,106|
|Total (in INR)||35,001||31,095||29,295|
Railway TC Preparation Books.
Candidates who want to score good marks in the exam should be familiar with the following books, as they will help them prepare. A list of books recommended for Railway TC recruitment in 2024 is as follows:
|S.No.||Topics Covered||Book Name|
|4.||General Intelligence & Reasoning||
Railway TC Vacancy 2024
RRB has not released information on the number of vacancies for ticket collectors (TC) in the Indian railways. Candidates can, however, make an educated guess about the vacancies based on the vacancies that have been available in recent years. The Railway TC recruitment 2024 examinations are expected to be held by RRB in order to fill over 3000 vacancies.
Railway TC FAQs
Ticket Collectors, or TCs, check passengers for valid tickets and levy fines on those who do not. They work as ticket examiners on Indian railway stations’ platforms.
Once the job announcement is posted by RRB, candidates must fill out an online application on the official website of Indian Railways.
The application date for the Railway TC employment will be announced soon on the Indian Railways’ official website.
The application cost for the Railway TC Recruitment 2024 is Rs. 500 for the General Category and Rs. 250 for SC/OBC/EWS.
A computer-based test (CBT) for both the Prelims and Mains, a physical efficiency test (PET), a medical test, and a personal interview will comprise the Railway TC 2024 recruitment procedure.
To apply for TC recruitment 2024, a candidate must have passed the 10+2 (class 12) test or have acquired an equivalent degree from a recognized university or board as of March 1, 2024.
Yes, there will be an interview for those who pass the Railway TC CBT test. The interview will be rescheduled to take place offline.