Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test is a state-level entrance exam and it is popularly known as APSET. APSET is conducted only once a year by the State Government of Andhra Pradesh. This exam is held to recruit or promote the deserving candidates as lecturers in the Degree Colleges and Universities of Andhra Pradesh. Students who are eligible and willing to become an Assistant Professor or Lecturer can fill this form.
This entrance exam will consist of two papers. The application form for APSET will be filled in online mode while the examination will be held in offline mode. Paper 1 will be common for all the subjects while Paper 2 will be subject-specific. All the eligible candidates who have completed their Master’s Degree or pursuing will be able to fill this form before the last date of submission of the application form.
Before filling the application form students must have some basic knowledge about this exam process, so in order to gather all the details students are requested to go through this article till the end. Here we have provided all the necessary details of APSET such as Important Dates, Application Process, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, etc . in this article.
Table of Contents
APSET 2024 Overview
|Name of Examination||Andhra Pradesh State Entrance Exam|
|Popularly Known As||APSET|
|Conducted By||State Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|Exam Purpose||To recruit Assistant Professors or Lecturers in Degree Colleges or Universities|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|No. of Papers||2|
|Marking Scheme||2 marks for each correct answer, No negative marking|
|Official Site||apset.net.in Or andhrauniversity.edu.in|
|Official Helpline No.||0891-2730148 / 2730147|
APSET 2024 Important Dates
To fill the online application form, it is very essential to know about all the important dates such as registration date, admit card releasing date, examination date, etc. Here we have provided all the latest and official dates for APSET. Eligible candidates can check out the dates.
|APSET 2024 Important Events||Dates|
|Release date of online notification||To be notified soon|
|Online application starts from||To be notified soon|
|Last date of submission of application form||To be notified soon|
|Last date to apply with late fee (Rs 1000/-)||To be notified soon|
|Last date to apply with late fee (Rs 2000/-)||To be notified soon|
|Last date to apply with late fee (Rs 5000/-)|
(Examination center at Visakhapatnam only)
|To be notified soon|
|Admit Card releasing date||To be notified soon|
|Examination date||To be notified soon|
|Availability of dummy answer key||To be notified soon|
|Availability of final answer key||To be notified soon|
|Result announcement date||To be notified soon|
|Certificate Verification date||To be notified soon|
Note- All the dates are yet to be announced by the officials of APSET. Here we shall update the above column of date just after the official announcement. So stay tuned with us to get the latest information about the official dates.
APSET 2024 Application Process
The application form of APSET will be filled in online mode only from the official website of APSET i.e. apset.net.in. All the candidates who are interested and satisfy all the eligibility criteria can fill-up the form of APSET. Here we have provided all the details about the application process as mentioned below.
- First of all, candidates have to visit the official website of APSET.
- Then find and click on the Registration link.
- Fill the basic required details and click on the submit button.
- After the registration, you will get a confirmation email or message on your registered email or mobile no.
- After that fill the application form by entering the login details that were provided at the time of the registration process.
- Fill the required details such as Name, Address, Educational details, etc. as required.
- Upload the required documents, signature, and image in the prescribed format and size.
- Now Preview the application form and click on the final Submit button.
The application process will be considered successful only if you pay the application charges. The detail of the application fee is mentioned below.
|Unreserved Category||Rs. 1200/-|
|SC/ ST/ PH/ VH||Rs. 700/-|
- Candidates are instructed to fill the online application form before the last date of submission of the application form otherwise they have to pay an additional fee for being late. If someone gets late then they have to pay the extra charge of Rs. 1000/- or Rs. 2000/- or Rs. 5000/- according to the given timeline.
- Candidates should have to upload the scanned copy of a recent passport size photograph and signature in jpg/jpeg format.
- The file size of the scanned photograph should lies between 15kb to 50kb and the same of the Signature should lies between 5kb to 20kb.
APSET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the online application form all the candidates should remember that they will have the right to appear in the exam only if they satisfy all the required eligibility criteria as prescribed by the officials of APSET. Here we have provided below all the required eligibility criteria that a candidate must have to satisfy.
- Candidates belonging to the general category must have completed their Post Graduation with a minimum of 55% marks (Rounding off is not allowed).
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) /Backward Classes/Persons with disability (PWD) category, must have a minimum of 50% marks (Rounding off is not allowed).
- Appearing candidates can also apply for this examination but they will have to complete their Masters with required marks within two years of the date of the APSET result.
- Students who have completed a Ph.D. or appearing the Ph.D. degree by the year 1992 will also be eligible with a 5% relaxation of marks.
- Those candidates who have acquired a Post Graduate degree or Diploma from any Indian university or have a Foreign degree or Diploma or Certificate authorized by Foreign University can also match the equivalence of their final result or certificate with a Masters’s degree in recognized Indian universities from the AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
- There is no upper age boundation to apply for APSET, candidates of any group can apply for this exam.
APSET 2024 Exam Pattern
The Andhra Pradesh SET will consist of two papers namely Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is common for all the candidates while Paper 2 is Subject-specific.
|Paper||Subject||No. of Qs||Marks||Duration|
|I||Common for all||50||100||1 hour|
- + 2 will be awarded for each correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Paper, I will be asked in two languages English and Telugu.
- Paper-II will be asked bilingually in some subjects while in English for the rest of other subjects.
- Bilingual for Political Science, Education, Public Administration, Commerce, History, Economics, and Sociology.
APSET 2024 Exam Syllabus
The APSET will be held for 30 subjects. Students will have the right to choose the desired subject depending on the subject chosen in Masters. Here we have provided the list of all the 30 subjects which are Subject-specific.
|S. No.||Subject Code||Subject|
|5||05||Computer Science & Application|
|9||09||Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Science|
|13||13||Journalism and Mass Communications|
|16||16||Library and Information Science|
APSET 2024 Admit Card
Admit card or Hall ticket is very essential because without it you will not be able to enter in the examination hall. Admit card of APSET will be released on the official website of APSET. After the release of the admit card, candidates will be able to download it officially.
How to Download the Admit Card?
- First of all, visit the official website i.e. apset.net.in.
- After visiting the website search for the hall ticket download link and then click on it.
- Now enter the credentials such as application number, password, and security key.
- After entering the details, log in and download the APSET admit card/ hall ticket.
- Take a printout of it the same format for future use.
APSET 2024 Exam Center
The detail of the exam center will be given on the admit card of APSET. Candidates have to visit their exam center which will be allotted to them. Candidates are advised to visit the examination center one day before of examination to avoid any difficulties to visit the exam center. APSET will be held in different exam centers in 8 different regional areas, namely.
APSET 2024 Preparation Tips
Here we are providing some awesome and genuine tips and tricks which are suggested by the toppers. If you follow these tips then definitely you will crack the exam in the first attempt.
- Make a timetable and try to follow it according to your situation.
- Do not follow others blindly.
- Solve previous year question papers.
- Give Mock tests.
- Revise all the subjects thoroughly.
- Examine your mistakes from time to time and try to fix them.
- Take proper sleep and eat well.
APSET 2024 Result
The final result of APSET will be declared by the officials of APSET and will be released only on the official website. All the candidates who have appeared for the exam can check their result after login.
How to Download APSET Result?
- First of all, visit the official website i.e. apset.net.in.
- Find and click on the result section.
- Enter the required credentials such as hall ticket number, date of birth, and captcha code for security reasons.
- Finally login and then you will able to see your final score.
- Now save, download, and take a printout of it for further use.
APSET 2024 Cutoff
For the Andhra Pradesh SET, the cutoff marks will be released on the official website of APSET after the declaration of the result. the cutoff marks will depend on the following factor-
- No. of candidates appeared in the exam.
- No. of candidates cleared the exam.
- The difficulty level of the question paper.
- Reservation criteria as per the government norms.
APSET 2024 Certificate Verification
After qualifying the exam, candidates will have to go through the certificate verification process. Following documents will be needed at the time of the document verification process.
Documents to submit in the verification process
- Marksheet of class 10.
- Marksheet of class 12./
- Degree/ Marksheet of Graduation.
- PG pass certificate / PG pursuing certificate from the head of the department.
- PG mark sheets of all semesters/years.
- Filled in proforma.
- Caste certificate or EWS certificate.
- PWD certificate (if needed).
- A recent passport size photograph.
- Address slip.
APSET 2024 FAQs
A: The official website to apply for APSET is apset.net.in.
A: No, there is no upper age limit criteria for APSET. Candidates of any age group can apply for the exam.
A: Yes, candidates in the final year of their qualifying exam can apply for APSET. However, they must submit the appearing certificate wherever required during the application process.
A: APSET consists of two papers. Paper 1 is common for all candidates, and Paper 2 is subject-specific.
A: No, there is no negative marking in the APSET exam. Candidates will not lose marks for incorrect answers.
A: The APSET exam has a total of 300 marks.
A: The application fee for APSET varies based on the category as follows:
Unreserved Category: Rs. 1200/-
BC: Rs. 1000/-
SC/ ST/ PH/ VH: Rs. 700/-
If you have any further questions or require additional information, please feel free to contact us or visit the official APSET website.