KSET 2021: If you are willing to make a career in the higher level teaching profession or want to become an assistant professor or lecturer in the state of Karnataka then it is highly recommended to attempt the KSET exam. To know about the KSET exam, scroll down, and read this article carefully till the end to gather all the minor and major information related to KSET. Here we have provided all the details such as Application procedure, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Exam Syllabus, etc. for KSET.
|Apply For Admissions 2021 (Open Now)|
|Lovely Professional University, Punjab|
|Chandigarh University, Punjab|
|GD Goenka University, Gurgaon|
|Manav Rachna, Haryana|
What is the KSET Exam?
Karnataka State Eligibility Test is commonly known as KSET. It is a state-level exam that is conducted to test the eligibility of candidates to become a Lecturer or Assistant Professor. Every year this exam is organized by the University of Mysore which is recognized by UGC (Undergraduate Grants Commision), New Delhi.
Candidates who want to appear for this exam must have to appear for two papers, namely Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is common for all whereas Paper 2 is subject-specific. The application will be accepted in online mode after the commencement of the official notification of KSET. The candidates who will crack this exam will get an eligibility certificate for the Lecturers and Assistant Professors post. The validity of the KSET will be a lifetime.
KSET 2021 Overview
|Name of Examination||Karnataka State Eligibility Test|
|Commonly Known As||KSET|
|Conducting Authority||University of Mysore|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Exam Purpose||To test the eligibility for Assistant Professor or Lecturer in the respective subject|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline (i.e. PPT Based)|
|No. of Papers||2 (Paper I – General Knowledge, Paper-II – Subjective)|
|Total number of Questions||150 (Paper-I: 50, Paper-II: 100)|
|Total Marks||300 (Paper-I: 100, Paper-II: 200)|
|Type of Questions||MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Duration of Examination||Paper-I: 60 Minutes, Paper-II: 120 Minutes|
|Marking Scheme||2 marks will be given for every correct answer|
KSET 2021 Important Dates
Eligible applicants should check the dates properly because it is very crucial to know about the important dates for any exam. Here is the list of all the important events and their respective dates related to Karnataka SET, listed below. Every year the Karnatak SET is held tentatively in June (except 2020).
|KSET notification releases on||To be notified soon|
|Application form filling starts from||To be notified soon|
|Last date to apply||To be notified soon|
|Correction window will open on||To be notified soon|
|Last date to fill the delayed application form ( by paying the penalty of Rs. 250/-)||To be notified soon|
|Admit card releasing date||To be notified soon|
|Exam Date||To be notified soon|
|Release of answer key||To be notified soon|
|Announcement of result||To be notified soon|
Note: The official dates have not been announced yet. We shall update the column of dates just after the release of the official notification of KSET for the year 2021.
KSET 2021 Application Process
The application form for Karnataka State Eligibility Test will be accepted in online mode only. Before filling the application form for KSET, applicants are advised to check all the eligibility criteria needed for this exam and ready their documents, photograph, permanent signature, etc.
The application form filling process will consist of 3 stages: Registration, Fee Submission, and Application Process. Here we are going to give a step-by-step procedure to fill this application form.
How to Fill Online Application form?
- Step 1: Copy this link http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in in the search box of your browser.
- Step 2: After visiting the official website click on the top right corner of the homepage.
- Step 3: Now find and then click on the apply online link.
- Step 4: Now firstly, download the official notification and read it thoroughly.
- Step 6: After reading the notification, click on the ‘sign up for registration’ link for the registration process.
- Step 7: Here you have to provide all the details such as Name, Contact details, Gender, DoB, and then generate a password.
- Step 8: Now click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Step 9: After following the above steps you are done with the registration process.
- Step 10: Now click on the ‘Application form’ filling link.
- Step 11: Enter all the required details such as personal details, contact details, educational details, KSET registration details, etc. as required.
- Step 12: Now upload a scanned copy of a recent passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
|Document to be scanned and uploaded||Format of the document||Size of the document|
Step 13: After uploading the images, you have to pay the registration fee as required depending on your category.
Step 14: Click on the final submit button.
Step 15: Download the filled registration form, application form, and fee receipt and take a printout of these for future references.
- The application fee will be payable in online mode via various payment options.
- The application fee is different for different category candidates.
- Applicants who are applying for KSET in an extended-time period will have to pay an additional charge of Rs. 250/- as the penalty.
|Category-I, SC, ST, PWD(VH/PH)||Rs. 650/-|
|Category-IIA, IIB, IIIA||Rs. 950/-|
KSET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have acquired a Master’s degree or equivalent with atleast 55% of aggregate marks for general category (50% for SC, ST, PWD, and OBCs [Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, and IIIB]) from any University recognized by UGC.
- Those candidates who are pursuing and appearing for the last year of the Master’s degree or equivalent shall also be eligible to apply. Such candidates will be allowed provisionally and after clearing the KSET, they have to submit an eligibility certificate as proof for having passed the Master’s degree or equivalent examination with a minimum of 55% marks within 2 years from the issued date of KSET result. (50% is required for SC, S6T, OBC, and PWD candidates)
- Candidates have to choose a relevant subject that they have studied in their Master’s degree. But in case, if they do not find the relevance in the subject list of KSET then they can appear for NTA-UGC NET or NTA-CSIR NET.
- Candidates who come from another state than Karnataka will also be eligible to apply under the General Category.
- Those candidates who have acquired their Master’s degree by September 19, 1991, and appearing or have completed Ph.D. will be eligible to apply with a relaxation of 5% in their aggregate mark.
- The maximum age limit has not been set by the officials so candidates of any age group will be eligible to apply for KSET 2021.
KSET 2021 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: Offline (PPT based)
- No. of Papers: 2
- Type of Questions: MCQs i.e. Objective
- No. of Questions: Paper I – 50 MCQs, PaperII – 100 MCQs
- Total Marks: 300 (Paper I- 100, PaperII- 200)
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours (Paper I – 1 hour, PaperII – 2 hours)
- Marking Scheme: 2 marks for every correct answer
- Negative Marking: No negative marking
|Paper||Number of Question||Max. Marks||Duration|
|I||50 Compulsory questions||100||1 Hour (09:30 A.M to 10:30 A.M)|
|II||100 Compulsory questions||200||2 Hours (11:00 A.M to 1:00 P.M)|
|Total||150 Questions||300 Marks||3 Hours|
KSET 2021 Exam Syllabus
In KSET, paper 1 is common for all candidates which cover the Static General Knowledge, Current affairs, and Aptitude. While paper 2 is subject-specific. There is a total of 39 subjects in the KSET, for which students can apply in regards to the subject studied in Master degree. Here is the list of all the subjects in which the test is offered.
|Subject code||Subject||The medium of Question Paper|
|1||Commerce||English & Kannada|
|3||Economics (I)||English & Kannada|
|5||Political Science||English & Kannada|
|6||History||English & Kannada|
|7||Sociology||English & Kannada|
|8||Geography||English & Kannada|
|10||Management (II)||English & Kannada|
|11||Tourism and Administration||English & Kannada|
|12||Education||English & Kannada|
|13||Library & Information Science||English & Kannada|
|14||Mass Communication & Journalism||English & Kannada|
|15||Psychology||English & Kannada|
|16||Social work||English & Kannada|
|17||Criminology||English & Kannada|
|18||Law||English & Kannada|
|20||Physical Education||English & Kannada|
|21||Folk Literature (III)||English & Kannada|
|23||Public Administration||English & Kannada|
|24||Computer Science & Applications||English|
|25||Physical Sciences (IV)||English|
|26||Mathematical Sciences (V)||English|
|27||Chemical Sciences (VI)||English|
|28||Life Sciences (VII)||English|
|32||Earth Sciences (VIII)||English|
|33||Archaeology (IX)||English & Kannada|
|34||Anthropology||English & Kannada|
|36||Philosophy||English & Kannada|
|37||Women Studies (X)||English & Kannada|
|38||Linguistics||English & Kannada|
|39||Performing Arts||English & Kannada|
KSET 2021 Exam Center
This exam is conducted in 11 districts/ cities across the Karnataka state. However, the no. of exam center may be extended according to the situation in the future. Here we have given the name and the center code of all the 11 districts/ cities which conduct the KSET.
KSET 2021 Hall Ticket
All those Candidates who have successfully duly filled the application form shall be eligible to download the admit card from the official website. Admit card/ Hall Ticket for KSET will be released before 2-3 weeks from the examination. Candidates can preferably try the following steps to download the admit card/ hall ticket of KSET.
How to download the Admit Card?
- First of all, go through the official website of the KSET.
- Find and click on the link, namely, ‘Download KSET admit card’ appearing on the homepage.
- After opening the link, candidates have to log in with their credentials such as Application Number and Password.
- After entering the credentials, The KSET admit card will appear.
- Now save, download, and take a print out of it in the same format.
KSET 2021 Answer Key
The answer key of each set of KSET papers will be released on the official website of KSET i.e. www.kset.unimysore.ac.in. The answer key will be available in pdf format. Candidates will have to download the answer key after entering the USER name and Password and have to match their answer with the answer key. It will help them to know their approximate marks before the declaration of the final result.
Also if a candidate found any wrong answer in the answer key then he/ she can raise their objection against the answer key or can challenge for the right answer by submitting an application form with INR 1000/- per question under a specific date issued by the official authority of KSET.
KSET 2021 Result
The final result/ scorecard of KSET will be released after few a days of conduction of the examination. Candidates will able to download their results in pdf form from the official website of KSET. Candidates can follow the below steps to download the result.
How to download the KSET 2021 Result?
- Open this link http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in
- Now find and then click on the “KSET 2021 result” link.
- Now enter credentials such as roll no., date of birth, and captcha code, and then click on the search button.
- After clicking the search button, the KSET result will appear on the screen.
- Candidates are advised to download their results and take a printout for future reference.
KSET 2021 Cut off
To qualify for the KSET 2021, candidates have to score at least 40% in each of the papers (for the general category), otherwise, they will disqualify. The minimum marks required to clear this exam are listed below for both the papers.
|Category||Paper 1 (minimum%)||Paper 2 (minimum %)|
|SC/ST/CAT-I/II-A/II-B/III-A/III-B/PWD (reserved candidates)||35%||35%|
KSET 2021 FAQs
What is the official website to apply for KSET 2021?
The official website to apply for KSET 2021 is http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in.
What is the maximum age limit required to appear for KSET?
There is no upper/ maximum age limit required to apply for KSET.
Can a PG appearing candidate apply for this KSET?
Yes, if a candidate is appearing in the last year of their PG degree then he/ she will eligible to apply for KSET.
How many papers will be there in KSET?
There are a total of papers in the KSET, namely, Paper1 and Paper 2. In which paper1 is common for all the candidates however paper 2 is subject-specific.
Who conducts the Karnataka SET?
Every year, the University of Mysore conducts the Karnataka SET which is recognized by UGC.