Goa PSC Recruitment 2022: The Goa Public Service Commission is a merit-based selection process for civil service positions in Goa, India. The Goa Public Service Commission will post the Goa GPSC 2022 Notification on its website in order to fill various positions in the civil service.
Candidates should check the official website for Goa GPSC Exam Dates in order to prepare for the upcoming recruitment exam.
Goa PSC 2022: An Overview
The following are the most important points to remember for the Goa GPSC (Administrative Services) 2022 exam:
|Exam Name||Goa Public Service Commission|
|Organization Name||Goa Public Service Commission|
|Level of Exam||State|
|Fee for Application||UR – Rs 1000OBC/SC/ST – Rs 500PwD & Ex-Servicemen – Rs 250|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 hours and 30 minutes|
|Language||English and Hindi|
Goa GPSC Exam Dates 2022
Here are the Goa GPSC Exam Dates 2022, as well as other important exam dates:
|Exam related Events||Goa GPSC Upcoming Exam Dates|
|Release of Goa GPSC Official Notification||To be Announced|
|Starting for Goa GPSC Applying Online||To be Announced|
|Last Date for Goa GPSC Applying Online||To be Announced|
|Admit Card 2022 Release Date||To be Announced|
|Goa GPSC 2022 Examination||To be Announced|
|Goa GPSC 2022 Results Announcement||To be Announced|
GPSC Goa 2022 Application Form
The Goa Public Service Commission accepts applications only through the internet. We’ve broken down the application process step by step below.
- Go to the official website.
- Select the ‘Apply Online’ option from the drop-down menu. Choose “New Users” from the drop-down menu.
- Candidates should create an account on the website.
- Fill out the application form completely, including your name, address, gender, category, and so on.)
- Scanned documents, such as a photograph or a signature, can be uploaded.
- Pay the application fee.
- Complete the form and submit it.
- The completed application form may be saved, downloaded, or printed.
The following are the application fees for the GPSC (Administrative Services) in 2022 for various categories.:
|Category Name||Application Fees|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||Rs.500/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwBD /Ex-Servicemen||Rs.500/-|
Goa PSC 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Educational Qualification: To be eligible for the exam, all candidates must have a minimum of a three-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification. Working knowledge of Konkani (reading, writing, and comprehension skills) is required.
- Age Limit: All service positions require a minimum age of 18 years. The maximum age limit varies by category:
- OBC: 35 years
- SC/ST: 38 years
- General category: 33 years
- Age Relaxation: Candidates from various categories are eligible for age relaxation. The requirements are as follows:
- Persons with disabilities: 5 years
- Government servants: 5 years.
- SC/ST candidates: 5 years
- OBC candidates : 3 years
- Number of Attempts: Candidates can try their luck with the age relaxation provided up to the upper limit.
Goa GPSC Syllabus 2022
There are two papers in the Goa GPSC (Administrative Services) Written Exam. Paper-I will cover general intelligence, reasoning, and numerical aptitude, as well as general knowledge and current events, as well as the fundamentals of the Indian constitution, governance, and administration.
English Comprehension will be the subject of Paper 2. Aspirants can go to the Goa Public Service Commission’s official website for more information on the syllabus.
|Names of the Subjects||Topics Covered|
|Basics of Indian Constitution, Governance, and Administration||
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||
Goa PSC 2022 Exam Pattern
- Paper-I and Paper-II make up the Goa Civil Service Exam for Junior Scale Officers.
- Paper I is made up of 200 questions worth 200 marks. The following topics will be covered in Paper I: Basics of Indian Constitution, Governance, and Administration, General Intelligence, Reasoning, and Numerical Aptitude, General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- The second paper (English Comprehension) is worth 50 marks.
- The written exam has a total score of 250 marks and a time limit of 3.5 hours.
- 0.5 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer (negative marking is applicable)
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode|
|Question Types||Objective Type Questions (MCQs)|
|Total Weightage||250 Marks|
|Exam Duration||210 Minutes|
|Negative Marking Criteria||0.5 Marks deducted for each wrong answer|
Goa PSC 2022: Preparation Plan
- Completely comprehend the syllabus.
- Prepare good notes with the help of good reference books.
- Focus on Goa’s artistic and cultural aspects.
- Stick to standard reference books and don’t change them too often.
- Facts and data must be gathered from reliable sources and memorized.
- It is not necessary to attend coaching classes.
- The majority of the curriculum is devoted to general studies. Pay more attention to that.
- Do peer studies to ensure you don’t miss any important General Studies topics.
- For the most up-to-date information, go to the official website of the Goa state government.
- Keep up with current events and have a good understanding of aspects and information about Goa.
Goa GPSC Admit Card 2022
Goa Public Service Commission will release the admit card on the official website before the exam. Aspirants who have applied for the Goa GPSC (Administrative Services) Exam will be able to download their admit cards from the official website shortly using their login credentials.
The Goa GPSC (Administrative Services) Admit Card can be downloaded using the steps below:
- Step 1: Visit the Goa Public Service Commission’s official website.
- Step 2: Under important announcements, search for the Goa GPSC (Administrative Services) Exam Admit Card Link and click it.
- Step 3: Put the registration number and password in the boxes provided.
- Step 4: You will see your Admit Card on your screen. It’s a good idea to save it for later use.
Goa GPSC (Administrative Services) 2022 – Expected Cutoffs
The table below shows the minimum passing percentage for the Goa GPSC written exam.
|Category Name||Qualifying Percentage|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)/PH/CFF||55%|
|SC / ST||50%|
Goa GPSC Results 2022
The Goa Public Service Commission will post the results of the Goa GPSC (Administrative Services) Exam 2022 on its website after the examination is completed. In several categories, the organisation publishes the candidates’ results and the minimum cutoff scores required to pass the exam.
The steps to verify the Goa GPSC (Administrative Services) 2022 are as follows:
- Step 1: Candidates should go to the Goa Public Service Commission’s official website.
- Step 2: Under the important announcements section, look for the Goa GPSC (Administrative Services) Exam Result Link and click on it.
- Step 3: Login by entering your user name and password.
- Step 4: You will see the Result on your screen, which you can download and print for future use.
Goa PSC: Important Book Recommendations
- Geography by Majid Hussain
- India Yearbook
- Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth
- Lucent Publications for General Knowledge
- Economic Survey of India
- NCERT Books
- Economy by Ramesh Singh
Goa GPSC 2022 Salary & Benefits
In Goa, civil servants earn between Rs. 2-3 lakhs a year. Candidates earn a variety of benefits and incentives while working for the Goa Public Service Commission. A few of the advantages are as follows:
- Good work environment
- Easy leave applicability
- Travel facilities
- Flexible work timings
- Medical facilities
Goa GPSC 2022 Vacancies
The Goa Public Service Commission will issue the Goa GPSC (Administrative Services) 2022 Notification on its website in order to fill various positions with civil servants. The number of open positions is liable to change by the commissions and varies year to year.
The following is a list of vacancies for various positions:
- District Town Planning
- Senior Translation Officer (Marathi)
- Directorate of Tribal Welfare cadres, Goa
- Junior officer (ENT Surgeon jobs)
- Junior Scale Officer
- Superintendent officer of the Department of Fisheries
- Social Welfare Officer position
- Child Development Project Officer
- Assistant Archivist Grade officer
- Medical Superintendent:
- Assistant Director for the Department of Tourism
- Sub-matter Specialist
- Junior Law Officer
- Senior Translation officer (Konkani)
Goa GPSC Selection Process 2022
Candidates for the Goa GPSC (Administrative Services) positions are chosen based on their qualifications. The following are the steps in the Goa GPSC (Administrative Services) Selection Process..
- Taking the Written Exam for the Eligible Candidates.
- The written exam results are used to shortlist candidates for the interview.
- Selected candidates are given the opportunity to pick their preferred posting during the counselling round.
- Candidates must bring all required documents and certificates to the document verification round, which is also held at the centre.
Goa GPSC FAQs
There is an age limit and other requirements that must be met in terms of taking the exam. Individuals are free to try as many times as they want as long as they meet these standards.
After you’ve paid an application cost, it’s usually non-refundable
The exam for the Goa GPSC (Administrative Services) is not difficult. If you prepare with the appropriate strategy and a strong study plan, you should be able to pass it on the first try.
Yes, candidates may contact higher authorities associated with the Examination Body in case of any erroneous information on their admit cards.
Candidates should print their admit cards in color to ensure that their images appear clear.