TNPSC Group 1 Exam 2022: TNPSC administers the Combined Civil Services Examination-I to recruit officers for Group 1 positions in the Tamil Nadu government. TNPSC Group 1 is another name for this exam. The TNPSC Group 1 exam is broken down into three parts: prelims, mains, and interview.
This article contains all the other information about the TNPSC Exam. Examine the TNPSC Group 1 Mains Syllabus as well as the TNPSC Group 1 Salary Structure.
TNPSC Group 1 Exam 2022: An Overview
To get accurate information about the TNPSC Exam, look at the tabular data below.
|Name of the Exam||TNPSC Combined Civil Services Examination- I (Group – I Services)|
|Organizing Authority||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)|
|Pattern of Exam||The selection process for TNPSC Group 1 exam is segmented into three stages:|
Prelims – MCQ based paper – 300 marks
Mains – 3 descriptive papers – totally 750 marks
Interview – 100 marks
|TNPSC Group 1 Exam Date||To Be Annnounced|
|TNPSC Vacancy||134 (Expected)|
TNPSC Group 1 Exam Dates:
The TNPSC has released the TNPSC Group 1 Exam Dates 2022 on their official website. Here are some additional details about the TNPSC Group 1 2022 recruitment exam.
|TNPSC Group 1||TNPSC Group 1 Exam Schedule (Tentative)|
|TNPSC Group 1 Application||January|
|TNPSC Group 1 Apply last date||February|
|TNPSC Group 1 Admit Card||March|
|TNPSC Group 1 exam date – Prelims||April|
|TNPSC Group 1 results – prelims||April|
|TNPSC Group 1 Mains Exam Date||July|
|TNPSC Group 1 results – Mains||August|
TNPSC Group 1 Recruitment 2022: Apply Online
Once the dates for TNPSC Group 1 Recruitment 2022 are released, candidates can apply online. On the commission’s official website, online application forms will be made available. One must apply and pay the application fee before the deadline for submission of the online application. Before filling out the application form for TNPSC Group 1 recruitment, make sure you’ve registered with TNPSC’s official website. Candidates are advised to print multiple copies of the application form in case they need them in the future.
TNPSC Group 1 candidates must apply online for TNPSC Group 1 recruitment on TNPSC’s official website. Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements can apply for the TNPSC Group 1 exam online. Keep your Aadhar card and educational mark sheets handy when filling out the application form. The steps to filling out the online application for the TNPSC Group 1 exam are as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the TNPSC’s official website.
- Step 2: If you are a first-time applicant, you must first complete your TNPSC one-time registration.
- Step 3: On the TNPSC homepage, click on the “Apply Online” tab.
- Step 4: Choose Group 1 and the exam notification for the position you’re applying for.
- Step 5: Complete all the required fields and attach the required documents. You will be directed to the fee payment section after submitting the form.
- Step 6:Pay your application fee and keep track of your application number. Save the application form for future use.
Application Fee 2022
TNPSC Group 1 has a one-time registration fee of Rs 150. A candidate’s registration is valid for 5 years after he or she has completed it. For the next five years, the applicant will not have to pay any registration fees. They will be responsible for paying the examination fee on their own.
For the preliminary exam, there is a fee of Rs 100. This fee must be paid at the time of submitting the TNPSC online application.
The main examination has a fee of Rs 200. Only those who pass the preliminary exams must pay the fees. SCs, STs, destitute widows, and differently abled people are all exempt from paying the application fees.
TNPSC Group 1 Eligibility Criteria 2022
Graduation is required to apply for TNPSC Group 1. The following are general TNPSC Group 1 eligibility requirements for all TNPSC Exams:
In terms of age, the following are the TNPSC Group 1 Exam Eligibility Criteria:
|Name of the Post||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all categories||Others excluding SCs, SC(A)s, STs, etc.|
|All posts excluding Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Taxes )||21 years||37 years||32 years|
|Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Taxes)|
|For applicants possessing any degree||21||37||32|
|For applicants possessing B.L. a degree from a recognized university||21||38||33|
Educational Qualification – TNPSC Group 1 exam candidates must be graduates of a recognized university or institution.
Physical Qualification – Physical requirements vary depending on the position.
The following is a list of age relaxations for the TNPSC Group 1 exam:
|Category Name||Age Limit Relaxation|
|SC/ SC (Arunthathiyars)||5 years|
|Most Backward Classes/ Denotified Communities||5 years|
|Backward Classes||5 years|
|Destitute Widows (All Categories)||5 years|
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022
The following is a list of topics covered in the TNPSC Group 1 prelims and main exams.
TNPSC Syllabus for Prelims
UNIT-I: General Science
- Kind of Universe – General Scientific Laws and Mechanics, Matter Properties, Force, Motion, etc.
- Main concepts of Life Science: Genetics, Physiology, Classification of Living Organisms, Evolution, Nutrition, etc.
- Elements and Compounds, Petroleum Products, Acids, Bases, Salts, Fertilizers, Pesticides.
- Scientific Knowledge–Reasoning Power, Learning Vs. Conceptual Learning
UNIT-II: Current Events
- History: State’s Profile of States, Events, National Symbols, etc.
- Polity: Political parties and political system in the country
- Geography: Geographical landmarks
- Science: Latest inventions in the field of Science and Technology
- Economics: Current socio-economic issues in India
UNIT-III: Geography of India
- Location: physical features, water resources, rivers in India, Forest and wildlife – Agricultural pattern
- Natural Calamity—Disaster Management
- Social geography: population density and distribution; racial and linguistic groups; and major tribes.
UNIT – IV: History And Culture Of India
Indus valley civilization, Features of Indian culture,Change and Continuity in Indian History, etc.
UNIT-V: Indian Polity
- The Constitution of India
- Citizenship, Fundamental Rights
- Corruption in public life
- Union Executive, Union Legislature
UNIT-VI: Indian Economy
- Indian Economic Structure and Employment Generation, Land Reforms, etc.
- Sources of revenue
- The nature of the Indian economy
UNIT-VII: Indian National Movement
- Different modes of agitation
- National Renaissance
- Communalism and partition
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus for Mains
The TNPSC Group 1 Mains Exam consists of three descriptive papers, each of which is divided into three units that cover a wide range of topics.
Paper 1 – General Studies
- Unit I – Modern Indian History and Culture
- Unit II – Indian Social Issues and Issues in Tamil Nadu
- Unit III – Mental Ability and General Aptitude
Paper 2 – General Studies
- Unit I: Indian Polity and Emerging Political Trends across the globe.
- Unit II – Role and Impact of Science and Technology in Overall Development in the country
- Unit III-Tamil Society
Paper 3 – General Studies
- Unit I – Indian Geography with special focus on Tamil Nadu
- Unit II – Disaster Management, Environment, and Biodiversity
- Unit III – Indian Economy and Current Economic Trends
TNPSC Group 1 Recruitment 2022 Exam Pattern
The TNPSC Group 1 exam is divided into three stages. Both of the written exams will be taken online. The three phases of TNPSC Group 1 recruitment are detailed below.
Preliminary Exam Pattern
Number of Papers
Total Number of Questions
Nature of Questions
General Studies and Aptitude & Mental Ability
Minimum Qualifying Marks
Open Category: 120
Not Open Category: 90
Main Exam Pattern
Total Number of Papers
750+ 100 for Interview
Nature of Questions
3 hours for each paper
Minimum Qualifying Marks
- Preliminary examination: The exam will last three hours. There are 200 multiple-choice questions on the paper. The total number of marks is 300. There will be 150 questions on general knowledge and 50 questions on mental ability and aptitude. Each correct answer receives 1.5 marks. There are no negative marking options.
- Mains examination: The exam will last three hours. It’s a test on descriptive writing. There are three papers in this exam. Each is worth 250 marks. There will be no negative marking.
- Interview: Candidates who meet the qualifications will be contacted for a personal interview. It will be a 100-marks oral exam.
TNPSC Group 1 Recruitment: Preparation Plan
To get good grades in TNPSC Group 1 Recruitment, you must have a strategy. However, if you are taking the TNPSC Group 1 Exam for the first time, you should have a solid strategy in place. You should begin your preparations as soon as possible now that you are aware of the new TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern. The exam Preparation Tips listed below will assist you in getting started on your preparation.
- Get to know the Exam Pattern.
- Examine the TNPSC Group 1 Cut Offs for this year and previous years.
- Assign equal weight to each section.
- Solve TNPSC Group 1 Mock Tests and Previous Year Papers online.
TNPSC Group 1 2022: Book Recommendations
The following is a comprehensive list of books that can be used to prepare for the TNPSC Group 1 exam. To improve your score, look over TNPSC Group 1 sample papers.
|Subject Name||Name of the Book||Name of the Author|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability||TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary General Studies, Mental Ability||VVK Subburaj|
|Quantitative Aptitude||RS Agarwal|
|General Science||NCERT Science Books|
|Samacheer Kalvi Science books|
|Current Events||Newspapers like The Hindu|
|Popular Tamil Current Affairs magazines|
|Geography||Samacheer Kalvi books||Many authors|
|History and Culture of India||Samacheer Kalvi books||Many authors|
|India’s Struggle For Independence||Bipin Chandra|
|Indian Economy||Indian Economy||Ramesh Singh|
|Indian Polity||Indian Polity||M. Laxmikanth|
TNPSC Group 1 2022 Admit Card
The exam conducting authorities will release the TNPSC Group 1 admit card 2022 for the prelims exam two weeks before the exam. The TNPSC Group 1 Prelims examination is scheduled for April 2022.
Steps to Download TNPSC Group 1 Admit Card
- Visit the TNPSC Group 1 2022 official website.
- TNPSC Group 1 Hall Ticket 2022 can be found by clicking on the links.
- Mention your ‘Application Number’ and ‘Date of Birth,’ then hit the Download button.
TNPSC Group 1 Expected Cut off 2022
Candidates who receive the highest score will be chosen for the next round of selection. The official conducting authority has not released the TNPSC Group 1 Cut Off 2022 yet.
TNPSC Group 1 Cut Off 2019
The minimum cut off score 2019 can be used by aspirants making preparations for the TNPSC Group 1 examination. The minimum cut off for 2019 is shown in tabular data.
TNPSC Group 1 Answer Key 2022
The candidates for the final round are chosen based on their performance in the written exams (Prelims and Mains), followed by physical and oral exams. The candidates who received the highest scores in each stage of the selection process will be hired for their desired positions. Applicants can cross-check their answers and calculate their marks using the TNPSC Group 1 2022 Answer Key, which contains all of the answers to questions asked in the recruitment exam.
To obtain the exam’s answer key, follow these instructions:
- Step 1 – Go the TNPSC website for more information.
- Step 2 – Choose Results from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3 – From the drop-down menu, choose Answer Keys.
- Step 4 – Find the TNPSC Combined Civil Services Group 1 Answer Key on the page.
- Step 5 – It’s possible that the answer key contains errors that can be challenged. The answer keys in the last section are unquestionable.
- Step 6 – You will now see the TNPSC Group 1 Answer Key on your screen.
- Step 7: Access and download the Answer Key
TNPSC Group 1 Result 2022
A few months after the exam, the TNPSC Group 1 result 2022 Prelims Examination will be released. To obtain the TNPSC Group 1 result, follow the instructions provided.
Step 1 – Visit the TNPSC’s official website for more information. You’ll find a menu under Apply Online in the website’s right-hand corner. Choose Results from the drop-down menu.
Step 2: A pdf will appear on your screen, allowing you to check the candidates who passed the preliminary examination.
Step 3: In the result pdf, look for your roll number. To double-check, press CTRL+F.
Step 4: Make a copy of the result for future reference.
TNPSC Group 1 Posts and Salary Structure
TNPSC Group 1 officers are paid a starting salary of Rs. 56100 per month (including TA, DA and HRA will be extra). A cabinet secretary can earn up to Rs. 177500 per month.
There are numerous Technical jobs on the TNPSC Group 1 exam; the table below lists the job groups and salaries.
|Group I – Technical Posts||Salary (in INR)|
|Asst. Motor Vehicle Inspector||15280-40510|
|Industrial Promotion Officer||16150-42590|
The chosen candidates will receive a dearness allowance of 132 percent of the basic salary in addition to the TNPSC Group 1 Salary. The HRA, Travel Allowance, Medical Allowance, City Compensation Allowance, and other allowances are also included.
TNPSC Group 1 Vacancy 2022
The total number of vacancies for 2022 has not yet been released. TNPSC released 134 vacancies in 2021, compared to 139 in 2020.
TNPC Group 1 FAQs
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) picks qualified applicants for the state government’s Group 1,2,3,4 services. TNPSC tests are also referred to as TNPSC Group 1, Group 2, and other exams.
According to the most recent TNPSC Group 1 exam pattern, no marks will be reduced for making a mistake on the exam. There is only one paper with 200 questions in the TNPSC Prelims test, and there is no negative marking.
For the TNPSC Group 1 exam, there is no limit on how many times you can take it. Candidates who meet the TNPSC eligibility requirements are eligible to take the test.
On the official website, candidates who are taking the TNPSC Group 1 Exam can download their hall ticket by entering their application ID and date of birth.