SPSC stands for Sikkim Public Service Commission. The SPSC exam includes applying for a variety of jobs in a variety of fields. To recruit aspirants for jobs in the state’s various administrative agencies, the commission administers a combined competitive examination.
The Commission holds a number of exams in order to select candidates for government positions. All SPSC exams are difficult, and passing them requires well-thought-out study strategies.
SPSC 2022: An Overview
The following are the key points to remember on the SPSC 2022 exam:
|Exam Name||Sikkim Public Service Commission(SPSC)|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Location of Job||Sikkim|
|Total Number of vacancies||To be notified|
|Selection Process||Round 1 – SPSC Preliminary Exam,|
Round 2 – SPSC Main examination,
Round 3 – Interview
Sikkim PSC 2022 Exam Dates
The SPSC Exam Dates for 2022 are listed below, along with other important dates:
|Exam related Events||Exam Date|
|Online registration date||To be notified|
|Last date for Exam Registration||To be notified|
|Last Date for submission of the Application Fees (Offline)||To be notified|
|Admit card release date||To be notified|
|SPSC Exam Date (Prelims)||To be notified|
|SPSC Exam Date (Mains)||To be notified|
|Result date||To be notified|
SPSC Application Form 2022
The SPSC online application form will be provided in an online format with the release of the official test announcement. The last day to submit an application form will be announced in the Sikkim PSC notification. To finish the Sikkim PSC 2022 Application Form, candidates must follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website of the SPSC.
- Press the ‘Apply online’ tab in the left-hand column of the homepage.
- Create a new account with a valid email address and password.
- Log in using the computer-generated registration ID and password.
- Fill in all of the required information for the candidate, as well as their personal information.
- Applicants must also upload their documents in order to double-check the information provided on the application.
- You must now upload a photograph that complies with all of the requirements, as well as a scanned signature.
- It is necessary to pay the application fee.
- After that, hit the “SUBMIT” button.
- Once the application form has been submitted, save or print it.
Only online payments are accepted for the SPSC 2022 application fee. Payment can be made through net banking, credit card, or debit card. The exam will most likely cost INR 150 to apply for.
SPSC Eligibility Criteria 2022
Before taking the Sikkim PSC Exam, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements. All of the eligibility criteria have been thoroughly discussed. Citizens of India are required. To apply for the Sikkim PSC Exam, candidates must meet certain age and educational requirements.
- The SPSC has set an age limit for the PCS exam. The exam is open to people aged 21 to 35. The age limit and relaxation vary depending on the category of the candidate.
- In their later years, those who fall into reserved categories, such as SC and ST, will be granted an age relaxation.
- SC and ST candidates will have an age relaxation of five years.
- Candidates in the other backward categories will be given a three-year age exemption.
Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree or a three-year diploma equivalent from an accredited institution.
SPSC Syllabus 2022
As a result, the Sikkim PSC Exam Syllabus can be divided into two sections: the preliminary syllabus and the main syllabus.
Paper I Syllabus
- Indian Polity and Governance: Constitution, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Political System, Rights Issues, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity, and Climate Change that do not require subject specialization
- Indian and World Geography – Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Economic and Social Development: Sustainable Development, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, Poverty, Inclusion, etc.
- The History of India and the Indian National Movement
- current events of national, international, and local importance.
- General Science
Paper-2 for the Civil Services Aptitude Test
|Basic numerical skills||Numbers, magnitudes, percentages, numerical relation appreciation|
|Reading comprehension||English language comprehension, antonyms and synonyms, grammar, and sentence formation|
|Skills||Interpersonal skills including communication skills|
|Logical reasoning||Analytical and mental ability|
|Data analysis||Graphic presentations, charts, tables, spreadsheets|
Mains Syllabus: English
Candidates will have to write three short essays in English on specific topics. A list of subjects will be chosen from. They will be expected to remain focused on the topic of the essay, organize their thoughts logically, and write concisely. The ability to express yourself clearly and effectively will be rewarded.
|Section Name||Topics Covered||Maximum Marks|
|Section A||Comprehension (Unseen Passage)— An unseen passage followed by Questions to be answered||10 marks|
|Precis writing— Passage to be summarized to 1/3rd||10 marks|
|Letter writing—(200 words)||10 marks|
|Essay writing (Any general topic 300 words)||10 marks|
|Section B||Grammar||50 marks|
As soon as the SPSC notification 2022 is released, the syllabus for the remaining SPSC Mains papers will be released.
SPSC 2022 Exam Pattern
The three stages of the Sikkim PSC Exam Pattern are Preliminary, Mains, and Interview. The Sikkim Public Service Commission conducts a number of competitive examinations for direct employment in state administrative positions. Candidates are chosen based on their written test and interview performance in the Sikkim PSC exam.
Those who have applied for a job with the Sikkim Public Service Commission or are considering doing so are on the right track. The first step in preparation is to understand the Sikkim PSC test pattern and study accordingly.
Before taking the Sikkim PSC examination, candidates should have a thorough understanding of the SPSC exam pattern, the updated paper format for the Prelims/Main Exam, and other pertinent information such as the marking scheme, duration, and so on.
To be considered for employment by the Sikkim Public Service Commission, candidates must have passed the following three phases:
- Sikkim PSC Prelims
- Sikkim PSC Mains Exam
SPSC Prelims Exam Pattern
The preliminary examination for the Sikkim PSC will be objective (multiple choice questions). This test should only be used as a screening method. Only the Sikkim PSC test results will be used to shortlist candidates for the Sikkim PSC Mains exam. The Sikkim PSC Preliminary Examination consists of two papers.
The goal of this test is to see how well examinees can solve Reasoning and Analytical questions. The preliminary exam is used to screen candidates, and a candidate’s preliminary exam scores will not be used to calculate their final merit if they qualify for the mains exam.
It consists of two General Studies papers with objective/multiple-choice questions on each. Examinees must take both Civil Service (Preliminary) Examination papers in order to be evaluated. A candidate will be disqualified if he or she does not appear in both Civil Service (Preliminary) Examination papers.
|Paper||Subjects||Exam Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1||General Studies 1||2 Hours||200 marks|
|Paper 2||General Studies 2||2 Hours||200 marks|
|Total||4 Hours||400 marks|
- The preliminary examination is worth 400 marks in total.
- Each examination will take two hours.
- The exams will be conducted entirely in English.
- There’s also a negative marking of 1/3 of the total marks for each wrong answer.
SPSC Exam Pattern of Mains Exam 2022
The SPSC Mains exam is a descriptive exam that takes a long time to complete. Each paper will take 3 hours to complete.
|Names of the Subjects||Maximum Marks|
|Paper-I – English||100 marks|
|Paper-III – Essay||150 marks|
|Paper IV – General Studies Paper – I (Geography, History)||250 marks|
|Paper V – General Studies Paper-II (Indian Polity, Constitution)||250 marks|
|Paper VI General Studies Paper – III (Stat, Economy, Security)||250 marks|
|Paper VII – General Studies Paper – IV (Environment, Decision Making, Sci & Tech)||250 marks|
Sikkim PSC Interview
The interview will be the last stage of the process. Only those candidates who meet the eligibility requirements and qualify basis of their performance in the main competitive test will be interviewed. Qualified candidates’ names will be presented in order of merit based on their overall scores on the main written exam and interview.
SPSC 2022 Admit Card
For candidates who wish to take the exam, the SPSC 2022 admit card is required. The commission will issue separate admit cards for the Preliminary, Main, and Personality Tests.
Important information about the students, as well as exam locations, will be included on the SPSC admit card. On the commission’s official website, the admit card will be available. The following are the methods for downloading the Sikkim PSC 2022 admit card:
- Visit the official website of the Sikkim Public Service Commission.
- Go on to the “Apply Online” section to apply online.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, choose “Download admit card/call letter.”
- Fill in the registration number as well as the birth-date.
- On the screen, the Sikkim Public Service Commission admission card will be displayed.
Sikkim PSC 2022 Result
Sikkim PSC 2022 prelims, mains, and personality test results will be released separately. The Sikkim PSC’s official website allows candidates to check their results online. It should be noted that the results will be available in pdf format, along with a list of candidates who passed the preliminary exam and their roll numbers.
Candidates can check their Sikkim PSC results using the methods listed below.
- Go to the official website of the Sikkim Public Service Commission.
- Go to the recruiting section of the homepage.
- Click on the link that says “Sikkim PSC 2022 Result.”
- Your roll number can be found by looking it up.
SPSC Recruitment Salary and Benefits
Candidates who advance to the final round of the recruitment process and are employed by the Sikkim Public Service Commission are qualified for a number of benefits.
- The average annual salary ranges from INR 15,000 to INR 39,000, with supplementary pay of INR 6000.
- Salary is also influenced by the job title and location of employment.
- The Commission publishes pay details on its official website along with the announcement of various SPSC vacancies.
SPSC 2022 Vacancies
The number of vacancies is divided into two groups, as shown below.
|Names of the Posts||Expected Vacancies|
|Medical Stores with inspector||06|
|General Duty Medical Officer||40|
|Pressman II, Binder II, Screenman II||15|
|Multi Purpose Health Worker/ANM, Food Safety Officer||28|
|Revenue Inspectors||To be notified|
|Station Fire Officers||To be notified|
|Development Associates||To be notified|
|Sub Inspectors||To be notified|
|Grade A and Grade B Posts||To be notified|
|Clerk Cum Typists||To be notified|
|Technical/ Non-Technical Group A and B Jobs||To be notified|
|Project Engineer||To be notified|
|Executive Technical Assistants||To be notified|
|Drugs Inspectors||To be notified|
|Village Accountants||To be notified|
|Taluka Development Officers||To be notified|
|Assistant Surgeons||To be notified|
|Assistant Administrative Officers||To be notified|
|Deputy General Manager||To be notified|
|Project Coordinators||To be notified|
|Senior Research Fellow||To be notified|
|Constable||To be notified|
|Junior & Senior Research Fellows||To be notified|
|Principals||To be notiandied|
|Junior Executives||To be notified|
Sikkim PSC Selection Process 2022
The Sikkim PSC exam- Prelims, Mains, Physical Test, and Personality Test are used to select candidates for the planned positions.
- Sikkim PSC Preliminary Exam: Prelims is the first round of selection and is a screening method for the mains exam. The prelims will not be used to decide the final merit list because it is only a qualifying exam.
- Mains Exam: The mains exam is the next step in the hiring process. After passing the main exam, candidates will be called to take the personality test.
- Sikkim PSC 2022 Physical Test:
- 100 Meter Running Race
- 1500 Meter Running Race
- High Jump (Max. 3 Chances)
- Long Jump (Max. 3 Chances)
- Short Put (Max. 3 Chances)
- Personality Test: This is the final phase of the selection process, or the interview. Only those who pass the personality test will be considered for the positions. The combined result of the mains and personality tests will be used to determine the merit list.
There are no time limits for taking the exam; you can take it as many times as you want until you reach the maximum age limit.
With the appropriate technique and study materials, the SPSC Exam can be aced. Before beginning exam preparation, the candidate should review the entire exam syllabus and format. To ace the exam, develop a solid study routine and concentrate on the most crucial areas of the course
Yes, anyone with a three-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any field is eligible to sit for the SPSC exam.
The SPSC exam is not difficult. You can prepare for it with the correct strategy and study plan.
Candidates who wish to appear for the SPSC Exam should fill out the online application forms available on the organization’s website. To apply for the SPSC Exam, candidates must complete the online application form.