KPSC KAS 2022 will be conducted by the Karnataka Public Service Commission. KPSC KAS is conducted each year for recruiting applicants for profuse posts at the state civil service positions in Karnataka. It is also commonly known as Gazetted Probationers exam (GPE). The Karnataka Public Service Commission will release the application form online through its official website. The notification for the same will be updated on the official website well in advance. KPSC KAS will be conducted in three phases: Prelims, Mains & Interview rounds. The applicant must read the detailed eligibility criteria for KPSC KAS before considering the application for the examination.
KPSC KAS 2022 Highlights
|Exam Name||KPSC KAS 2022|
|Full-Form||Karnataka Public Service Commission Karnataka Administrative Services 2022|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year, based on the vacancy|
|Phases||Prelims, Mains and Interview|
KPSC KAS 2022 Important Dates
The aspirants must get updated with the schedule for the exam in order to prepare accordingly. The tentative schedule for KPSC KAS 2022 is mentioned below:
|Release of KPSC KAS Notification 2022||January 2022|
|Application Process Starts||February 2022|
|Application Process Ends||March 2022|
|Last Date for Application Fee Payment||March 2022|
|Issuance of Admit Card||August 2022|
|KPSC KAS Prelims Exam Date||August 2022|
|Release of Answer Key||August 2022|
|Results Declaration||September 2022|
KPSC KAS 2022 Application Form
The application process for KPSC KAS 2022 is likely to commence in the month of February 2022. The Karnataka Public Service Commission will invite the applications through its official website. The applicants must go through the detailed eligibility criteria for KPSC KAS 2022 before applying for the examination. The applicants must fill the details in the application form with utmost care as the correction to the form will not be granted in future.
Steps for filling the Application Form for KPSC KAS 2022
- First of all, the applicants are required to visit the official website of KPSC i.e. kpsc.kar.nic.in.
- Here, the applicants must click on the “Apply Online – Admission Ticket Download” button.
- The applicants must click on “KPSC KAS” in order to get the application form link.
- Now, the applicants are required to click on the “Apply Online” button
- The applicants must read the detailed instructions carefully before filling the KAS exam application.
- The applicants must click on the “New Registration” button and start filling the KPSC KAS online application form.
- The applicants are required to upload the digitally scanned copies of passport-sized photograph and signature.
- Also, the applicants must select the language for the exam and the centre or zone preference.
- Now, the applicants are required to go to the payment page of the form after uploading all the details and documents and submit the application fees.
- Finally, click on the “Submit” button and take a print out for future reference.
KPSC KAS 2022 Application Fee is mentioned below:
- General Category: Rs 600
- 2 (A), 2(B), 3 (A), 3 (B) categories: Rs 300
- For ex-army personnel: Rs 50
KPSC KAS 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants interested in filling the application form for the exam must go through the eligibility criteria for KPSC KAS 2022. The detailed eligibility criteria for the exam is mentioned below:
- The applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University or its equivalent.
- The minimum age requirement for KPSC KAS 2022 is 21 years. The upper age limit for General category applicants is 35 years. The upper age limit for the reserved categories is up to 40 years.
- Applicants must be comfortable with the Kannada language.
KPSC KAS 2022 Exam Pattern
KPSC KAS 2022 will be conducted in three phases: Preliminary exam, Mains exam and Interview. The applicants need to clear all three stages in order to be selected for any of the posts. The exam pattern for the Preliminary exam, Mains exam and Interview is given below:
Phase 1: Preliminary Examination
The first phase of the KPSC KAS is the Preliminary Exam. The applicants need to qualify for the Preliminary Exam in order to be eligible for the Mains Exam.
- The Preliminary Exam will consist of two papers i.e. Paper I & II.
- The question papers will be carrying Objective type questions or Multiple Choice type Questions.
- The applicants are informed that the Preliminary Exam is qualifying in nature. Hence, the marks secured in this exam will not be counted for the final results.
- The medium of the question paper will be the English language.
- The duration of each of the two papers will be 2 hours.
- The exam will be carrying 200 marks.
- There will be a provision of negative marking. 0.25 marks are to be deducted for every incorrect answer.
|Paper I- (100 MCQs of 2 marks each)||General Studies (National and International)||40|
|Paper I- (100 MCQs of 2 marks each)||Humanities (Indian Constitution, History and Geography of India and Karnataka, Economy)||60|
|Paper-II- (100 MCQs of 2 marks each)||General Studies (State)||40|
|Paper-II- (100 MCQs of 2 marks each)||Science and Technology, Environment and Ecology||30|
|Paper-II- (100 MCQs of 2 marks each)||General Mental Ability (Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, Problem Solving, Data Interpretation)- 10th Standard level||30|
Phase 2: Mains Examination
The second phase of the KPSC KAS is the Mains Exam. Only the applicants qualifying for the Preliminary Examination will be allowed to attempt the Mains Examination. The marks secured by the applicants in the Mains Exam will be added to the final results for KPSC KAS.
- The Mains Exam will consist of descriptive type questions.
- There will be two qualifying papers in the Mains Exam.
- The duration of the Mains Exam will be 3 hours.
- The medium of the question paper is English. Although, the language papers will be set in their respective languages.
- KPSC Mains will consist of 9 papers: 2 qualifying papers, 4 general papers and 2 optional papers.
- The seven papers that are counted for final merit are:
- General Studies 1
- General Studies 2
- General Studies 3
- General Studies 4
- Optional Paper 1
- Optional Paper 2
- KAS paper will be carrying a total of 1750 marks.
- Applicants qualifying the Mains Exam will be called for the Interview round.
Phase 3: Interview
The applicants qualifying for the Mains will be called for the Final Interview round. Applicants must ensure their presence on the day of commencement of the interview round as the scores of the Mains Exam as well as the Interview round will be considered for the final results. The applicants are informed that the questions asked in the Interview round are generally from current affairs and of national importance. The applicants must answer the questions in the interview round showing full confidence level.
KPSC KAS 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus plays an important role while preparing for any examination. The applicants get a reference about the topics they need to prepare for the exam through its syllabus. The detailed syllabus for KPSC KAS 2022 Paper 1 & Paper 2 is given below:
KPSC (Karnataka Public Service Commission) KAS Prelims Paper 1
- Indian History- History of Karnataka and Indian National Movement
- Current Affairs- National and International Importance
- Indian and World Geography along with the Geography of Karnataka
- Polity and Indian Economy- Political System of India and Economic Reforms
KPSC (Karnataka Public Service Commission) KAS Prelims Paper 2
- Important schemes of the Karnataka State Government
- Current affairs and current events related to the state of Karnataka
- Ecology and Environment- Biodiversity, Climate Change, Health, Ecology, etc.
- Broad Understanding of topics from General Science and Technology
- General Mental Ability- Basic Numeracy, Data Interpretation, Charts, Graphs, Tables, Comprehension, Logical Reasoning.
Merit-Ranking Papers (Mains Exam)
There are seven merit-ranking papers in KPSC KAS 2020 each of which carries 250 marks:
b. General Studies 1
c. General Studies 2
d. General Studies 3
e. General Studies 4
f. Optional Paper 1
g. Optional Paper 2
The time duration is 3 hours for each paper.
KPSC KAS 2022 Admit Card
The Karnataka Public Service Commission will declare the admit card for KPSC KAS 2022 through its official website. The Admit Cards will be made available a few days before the commencement of the exam. Login credentials will be required to download the admit card for KPSC KAS 2022. The applicants must bring valid identity proof along with the admit card to the exam centre.
Steps to download the Admit Card for KPSC KAS 2022
- The applicants must visit the official website, i.e., www.kpsc.kar.nic.in.
- The applicants must look for the link to download the “KPSC exam admit card”.
- After clicking on the link, a new login page will appear on-screen. The applicants are required to enter their login credentials on this page.
- The admit card of the applicant will appear on-screen. The applicants must click on the save or download button.
- Finally, take a print out of the admit card and preserve it for future reference.
KPSC KAS 2022 Answer Key
The answer key is helpful in estimating the score for the Exam. The applicants will be provided with the Answer Key containing correct answers. If the applicants find any issue with the Answer Key then they can raise a challenge by paying a fee of Rs. 50/- along with supporting documents sent to the address: ‘Karnataka Public Service Commission, ‘Udyoga Soudha’, Bengaluru – 560 001’.
KPSC KAS 2022 Results
The results for KPSC KAS 2022 will be declared by the authorities in online mode through the official website. The results will be declared after the commencement of each phase. Registration ID and Password is required to get the results for KPSC KAS 2022. The direct link to the KPSC KAS 2022 Results will be made available in this section.
KPSC KAS 2022 Selection Procedure
The applicants will be selected not only on the basis of marks secured by them in the Mains Exam but as well as by the Interview round. The final recruitment is made through the merit list prepared by the Karnataka Public Service Commission.
KPSC KAS 2022 Vacancy
The Vacancy for KPSC KAS 2022 will be released by the Karnataka Public Service Commission. We will update the vacancy for 2022 in this section as soon as they are declared by the officials. The posts that are filled through the KPSC KAS 2022 exam come under Group A and Group B cadre in the state bureaucracy. In the meantime, the aspirants can go through the KPSC KAS 2020 vacancy data, given below:
|Name of the Post||Number Of Vacancies|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police, Interior Department||3|
|Assistant Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, Commercial Tax Department||2|
|Assistant Labour Commissioner, Labour Department||2|
|Tehsildar Grade II, Revenue Department||50|
|Commercial Tax Officer, Commercial Tax Department||7|
|Assistant Superintendent, Department of Prisons||6|
|Deputy Superintendent of Excise, Excise Department||5|
|Assistant Director, Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs||2|
|Assistant Director of Audit of Co-operative Societies, Department of Audit (Co-operative Societies)||14|
|Labour Office, Labour Department||4|
|Assistant Director, Department of Tourism||11|
KPSC KAS 2022 FAQs:
How can I apply for the KPSC KAS 2022?
The application link will be made available on the official website.
Who will be conducting the KPSC KAS 2022?
The exam will be conducted by Karnataka Public Service Commission.
What will be the medium of the exam?
The exam will be available in the English language.
How many questions will be there in KPSC KAS 2022 Preliminary Exam?
There will be a total of 200 questions.
What will be the duration of the KPSC KAS 2022 Preliminary Exam?
The duration of the exam will be 2 hours.