UPPSC PCS Exam: The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) is a state-level organisation that administers recruitment exams in the state. The UPPSC conducts a series of examinations throughout the year to find the most qualified candidates for various departments in the state’s public sector. It includes the following topics:
- Assistant Registrar Examination
- Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Preliminary Examination
- Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Main Examination.
- R.O/A.R.O Preliminary Examination
- R.O/A.R.O Main Examination
- Assistant Prosecuting Officer Examination
- U.P. Nyayic Seva (Junior Division) Examination
- Combined State Engineering Examination.
- A.P.S. Examination
UPPSC PCS Exam: Highlights 2022
|Name of Exam||UPPSC PCS and ACF/RFO|
|Conducted By||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission(UPPSC)|
|Level of Exam||State Government Job|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Language||English & Hindi|
|Process of Selection||PrelimsMainsInterview|
|Age Limit||21 to 40 years|
|Exam Centers||Across the Uttar Pradesh|
|Notification Link||Online Application Link|
|Helpdesk Exam No.||0532 – 2407547;|
+91 – 8765973668
UPPSC PCS & ACF/ RFO Notification 2022
The exam date for UPPSC “PCS & ACF/ RFO” 2022 will be released by UPPSC along with its official calendar, but it may be delayed due to uncertainties caused by the Covid-19 epidemic and the resulting lockdown. Despite this, the following table shows the tentative dates for the UPPSC “PCS & ACF/ RFO” 2022 exam, as well as other important dates related to “Online Application”:
Events of UPPSC PCS 2022
|Events of UPPSC PCS 2022||Date|
|Advt. Number (UPPSC)||To be Announced|
|UPPSC PCS Notification released date||To be Announced|
|UPPSC PCS Application Form start date||To be Announced|
|UPPSC PCS Application Form end date||To be Announced|
|Fee Payment (Last Date)||To be Announced|
|UPPSC PCS Prelims Admit Card date||To be Announced|
|Prelims Exam Date||To be Announced|
|Prelims Result||To be Announced|
|Mains exam Application process||To be Announced|
|Mains Exam Date 2022||To be Announced|
|Main Exam Result Date 2022||To be Announced|
|Personality Test Date||To be Announced|
UPPSC 2022Application Process
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) will be released for the notification for online Application Form 2022 for 200 vacancies in Provincial Civil Services (PCS).
- The Application Form 2022 will be released on the official website http://uppsc.up.nic.in/, and aspirants/ applicants should click on “Apply Online Link” on the homepage of the website.
- In the application form, fill in your personal information, educational qualifications, contact information, UP PCS exam centre, scanned photo and signature in the prescribed size and format, and so on.
- After filling out all of the required information, candidates/test takers must pay the application fee using a debit card, credit card, or net banking. They can then print the application form and save the registration number and password for future reference.
- Finally, candidates who successfully completed the application form will be able to download their UP PCS admit card 2022 for the mains exam from official website. Candidates/test takers, on the other hand, should review the UPPCS Question Paper 2022 in order to prepare for the “UPPSC” exams.
UPPSC Application Fee “PCS & ACF/ RFO” 2022
Following that, the online application fee for the PCS & Assistant Conservator of Forest (A.C.F.) / Range Forest Officer (R.F.O.) Services Examination – 2022 is as follows:
|Category wise list||Fee Structure|
|Ex-Serviceman||Exam fee Rs. 40/- + On-line processing fee Rs. 25/- Total = Rs. 65/-|
|General/ OBC/ Economically Weaker Sections||Exam fee Rs. 100/- + Online processing fee Rs. 25/-, Total = Rs. 125/-|
|SC/ST||Exam fee Rs. 40/- + On-line processing fee Rs. 25/-, Total = Rs. 65/-|
|Freedom Fighters/ Women||In case of their original category/ details|
|Varies “Abled Person”||Exam fee NIL On-line processing fee Rs. 25/- Total = Rs. 25/-|
UPPSC PCS Eligibility Criteria 2022
At first glance, candidates must check and confirm the UPPSC’s eligibility criteria for PCS 2022 . The eligibility requirements for the Provincial Civil Service (PCS) are listed below. It is made up of
- Educational Qualification
- Age Limit
- Few Post require Specialized Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit: As of July 1, 2022 , you must be 21 years old (minimum) to 40 years old (maximum), and this age limit applies to both the Upper Subordinate Services and the Combined State Examination 2022, as well as the “Age Relaxation” Criteria.
|Category||Upper Age Limit||UP PCS Eligibility Age limit|
|Emergency Commissioned Officers of Uttar Pradesh||45 years||5 years|
|Skilled players of classified games of Uttar Pradesh||45 years||5 years|
|State Govt. employees of Uttar Pradesh||45 years||5 years|
|SC/ ST/ OBC of Uttar Pradesh||45 years||5 years|
|Physically Challenged candidates of Uttar Pradesh||55 years||15 years|
|Ex-Army Personnel of U.P. (who have rendered five years service in Army)||45 years||5 years|
|Short Service Commissioned Officers of Uttar Pradesh||45 years||5 years|
Educational Qualification for UPPSC PCS & ACF/ RFO
Aspirants/ candidates applying for Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services should have a bachelor’s degree from a recognised organization, according to the UPPSC “PCS ACF/ RFO” 2022 eligibility criteria. Additionally, a few posts require educational qualification in specific fields, which are listed below.
|ContRoller Legal Measurement Assistant (Grade-I & II)||UG Degree in science with Physics or Mechanical Engineering|
|Sub Registrar, Assistant Prosecuting Officer (Transport)||Law Graduate Degree|
|DAO (District Administrative Office)||PG (Post Graduate Degree)|
|Labor Commissioner (Assistant)||UG Degree in Arts with Sociology/ Economics/ Commerce/ Law|
|Food Safety Officer/ Designated Officer||PG (Post Graduate Degree) in Chemistry as one of the subjects from a University established by law in India / Bachelor’s Degree in Food Technology/ Dairy Technology/ Biotechnology / Oil Technology/ Agricultural Science/ Veterinary Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology / Post Graduate Degree in Chemistry or Degree in Medicine from a Recognized University|
|SF (Statistical Officer)||PG (Post Graduate) in Mathematical / Agricultural Statistics/ Mathematics|
|(DIET) Senior Lecturer||PG with B. Ed (Post Graduate Degree)|
|DPO (District Program Officer)||UG Degree in Sociology/ Social Science/ Home Science/ Social Work|
|DPO (District Probation Officer)||(PG) Post Graduate Degree in Psychology/ Sociology/ Diploma in any branch of Social Work from any recognized institute|
|CDPO (Child Development Project Officer)||UG (Graduate Degree) in Sociology/ Social Work/ Home Science|
|LEF (Labor Enforcement Officer)||UG Degree with Economics/ Sociology/ Commerce/ Post Graduate in Law/ Labor relation/ Labor welfare/ Social work/ Trade Management/ Personnel Management|
|(Revenue Audit) District Adult Officer||UG Commerce Graduate Degree|
|Range Forest Officer of Forest/ Assistant Conservator of Forest||UG Degree in Agriculture, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics Mathematics, Geology Forestry,|
Statistics or Engineering from a University established by Law in India or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time
It specifies certain physical requirements for the following positions:
- The Assistant Conservator of Forest
- Range Forest Officer
|Sex||Height||Chest Girth (Fully Expanded)||Expansion|
|Male||163 Cm||84 Cm||5 Cm|
|Female||150 Cm||79 Cm||5 Cm|
- Test Takers/ Candidates – Female: Finish walking 15 Km (4 hours)
- Test Takers/ Candidates – Male: Finish walking 25 Km (4 hours)
UPPSC Syllabus 2022
Prelims Syllabus for Paper II
- General Mental Ability
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
- Interpersonal skills (including communication skills)
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Elementary Mathematics (class X level – Algebra, Geometry, Arithmetic & Statistics)
- General English (Class X Level)
- General Hindi (Class X Level)
Prelims Syllabus for Paper I
- Current events of National and International importance
- Social & Economic Development
- Indian History: Ancient, Medieval, Modern
- Environmental Ecology, Climate Change & Biodiversity
- Indian Governance & Polity
- Indian & World Geography: Physical, Social, Economic geography of India & World
- General Science
PCS Main Exam I Syllabus
The main exam consists of eight papers, and the marks obtained in the UPPSC PCS main exam are the main criteria in the aspirants’/ applicants’ final selection/ round.
|Exam Name||UPPSC PCS Mains (Written) Examination|
|Question Type||Essay/descriptive type|
|Exam Type||Offline (Pen-paper)|
|Total Papers (8)||General Hindi|
General Studies I
General Studies II
General Studies III
General Studies IV
Optional Subject – Paper 1
Optional Subject – Paper 2
|Optional Subjects||According to the new pattern, aspirants have to choose only one optional subject (two papers) from the prescribed list given|
|Maximum Marks||All General Studies papers & Optional subject papers will be of 200 marks each|
General Hindi – 150 marks
Essay – 150 marks
Total – 1500 marks
|Exam Duration||Exams will be scheduled over a seven days duration|
In Morning Session – 9.30 AM to 12.30 AM &
In Afternoon Session – 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM (Time to Complete exam)
UPPSC Syllabus: Mains Paper II
Appilicants/ aspirants will have to choose “Essay,” one topic from each section, and write an essay in 700 words on each topic/ subject in Main Paper II. The essay will be divided into three sections, with the following topics:
- Section A: Literature and Culture, Political sphere, & Social sphere
- Section B: Science, Environment and Technology, Economic Sphere, Trade, Industry & Agriculture,
- III. Section C: Natural Calamities, Landslide, Earthquake, National Development programs and projects, National & International Events, Deluge, Drought etc
UPPSC Exam Pattern 2022
UPPSC PCS & ACF/ RFO “Exam Pattern”. In addition, the UPPSC PCS Exam is divided into three stages:
- Prelims: 2 Papers ( Objective )
- Mains: 8 papers (essay/ descriptive type)
Prelims Exam Pattern (PCS & ACF/ RFO)
This exam pattern is used to filter out the most qualified applicants and prospective students. Prelims consists of two 200-mark papers, Paper I and Paper II, both of which contain MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions).
|Type of Exam||Offline using OMR sheets (Pen-paper)|
|Question Type||MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Exam Name||UPPSC (PCS & ACF/ RFO) Preliminary Exam|
|Exam Duration||Two hours for each paper|
|Maximum Marks||200 marks each|
|Total Papers (2)||1.Paper 1 – General Studies I |
2. Paper 2 – General Studies II (CSAT)
|Total Questions||Paper I: 150 questions & Paper II: 100 questions|
UPPSC Prelims Exam Marking Scheme
- Filling multiple circles on the “OMR sheet” for the same question would be considered an incorrect/ wrong answer, and would result in a negative mark/ minus mark; similarly, there is no negative marking for blank/ leaving questions.
- Furthermore, 0.33 percent negative marking/ minus marking will be applied to each and every incorrect/ wrong answer. For example, if the maximum mark allotted for a question is 2 marks, then answering it incorrectly will result in a penalty of 0.66 marks.
- The exam’s cut-off will be determined by “Paper I,” and applicants must score 33 percent in “Paper II.”
UPPSC Mains Exam Pattern
Further aspirants/ applicants who passed the PCS & ACF/ RFO prelims exam will be called for the mains exam, and the results of the mains exam will be used to determine the candidates/students/ test takers’ final selection. It consists of eight papers that are all descriptive in nature. It is a merit-based round, and it carries a significant weightage of 1500 marks. The following are two major changes to the UPPSC main exam pattern.
- At first, the “UPPSC” did away with objective type papers and replaced them with descriptive type papers, but with a larger number of papers.
- Currently, the “UPPSC” has introduced the “Ethics” paper, which was not available previously.
Finally, this is the final round of the UPPSC Exam; test takers/ applicants who pass the Mains exam will be invited to a 100-mark Personnel Interview. The test takers/candidates were interviewed by a board appointed by the UPPSC.
The purpose of the interview is for unbiased observers and a board of competent to assess the student’s personal suitability for a career in the state services.
Following that, candidates/test takers must be aware of current events in and around the state/country, in addition to their academic studies.
Finally, the interview is more of a purposeful conversation aimed at eliciting information about the candidate’s analytical ability and mental qualities.
What are the UPPSC exam eligibility criteria?
The UPPSC’s eligibility requirements for the year 2022 are based primarily on age and educational capabilities.
Who is a PCS officer?
PCS officers are civil officials in the Uttar Pradesh (UP) government who work in the state’s administration.
What is the UPPSC age eligibility for PCS?
The age limit for applicants from the General or OBC categories is 21 to 40 years old; however, students from the SC/ST categories have their age limit reduced by five years.