The HPPSC (Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission) is the state of Himachal Pradesh’s supreme constitutional body. This government agency reports to the Union Public Service Commission, which is its parent department (UPSC). The important task of conducting various state-level examinations in order to recruit the best candidates for various departmental posts has been assigned to HPPSC.
On April 8, 1971, the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) was established in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. Despite the fact that the agency performs a wide range of functions, the primary responsibility of the HPPSC is to make appointments to state civil service positions in accordance with Article 320 of the Constitution.
HPPSC 2022 Highlights
|Agency Name||Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Founding Date||8 April 1971|
|Parent Department||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Under the Jurisdiction of||Government of Himachal Pradesh|
|Headquartered at||Circular Rd, Nigam Vihar, Chotta Shimla, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.|
|Responsibility||Direct recruitment of Class-I & Class-II posts of different departments of state civil services.|
|Offered Civils Posts||Himachal Pradesh Judicial Services|
Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services
State Accounts Services, etc.
State Forest Services
The most-sought services under HPPSC are as follows:
- HPSC- Personnel Department- Allied Services
- Himachal Pradesh Judicial Services (HPJS)
- Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services (HPAS)
- State Accounts Services (L.A.D.) – S.A.S.-L.A.D.
- State Forest Services (HFS)
- Medical Officer (General Wing)
HPPSC 2022 Important Dates
|HPAS Exam Events||Exam Date|
|HPAS Notification Release Date||To be announced|
|HPAS Application Dates||To be announced|
|HPAS Prelims Admit card||To be announced|
|HPAS Prelims Exam||To be announced|
|HPAS Prelims Result||To be announced|
|HPAS Detailed Application Form (DAF) for Main Exam||To be announced|
|HPAS Main Exam||To be announced|
|HPAS Interview call letter||To be announced|
|Declaration of Final result of HPAS||To be announced|
HPPSC Application Form
- Applicants had to go to the official website, hppsc.hp.gov.in, to fill out the HPPSC HAS 2022 online application form.
- Candidates must go to the home page and select the ‘Apply now’ option.
- The applicants will then be sent a link to register for an online application.
- Candidates must now select the ‘new user sign up’ option.
- They must then fill out the complete information requested on the page before clicking the ‘create user’ link.
- The hopefuls must then click on the link that says “click here to apply.”
- Applicants must again supply information such as their residence, educational qualifications, and other essential information.
- After you’ve finished the preceding stages, you’ll need to upload a scanned image of your signature and a photograph.
- Last but not least, you must click the “Complete” button.
- Applicants must pay the application costs using a credit card, debit card, or net banking to finish the HPPSC application form filling process.
|Candidate Category||Application Fee|
|For General category||Rs.400/-|
|Applicants of other states||Rs.400/-|
|SC of HP/ ST of HP/ OBC of HP/ UR BPL of HP/ Ex-service man of HP (who, at their own request, are released from military service)||Rs.100/-|
|Ex-Servicemen of H.P. (who are discharged from the military after serving their normal term)/ Blind of H.P./ and Female candidates/Visually Impaired of H.P.||Fee exemption|
HPAS Eligibility Criteria
Nationality- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
Educational Qualification– A applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree from a government-approved university or professional institution, or an equivalent qualification.
Age Criteria– The applicant must be at least 21 years old. Also, you must be under the age of 35 on January 1st of the year you are taking the exam. For SC, ST, OBC, People with Disabilities, Children and Grandchildren of Himachal Pradesh’s Freedom Fighters, the upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years.
LATEST APPLICATION FORMS 2022
Desirable Qualification- It will be in a candidate’s best interests if he or she has a thorough understanding of Himachal Pradesh’s customs and dialects, as this will make them suitable for appointment in the state. Procedure for Submitting an Application
HPAS Exam Pattern
The HPAS test is divided into three sections: preliminary examination, main examination, and PI round.
Preliminary Exam Pattern
|Questions Type||Multiple Choice questions – Objective|
|Papers Number||Paper 1- General Studies|
Paper 2- Aptitude Test
|Exam Duration||2 hours for every paper|
|Questions Number||100 questions per paper So 200 questions in total for Prelims|
|Marking Pattern||for every correct answer 2 marks is awarded|
|Negative Marking||Yes, for each incorrect answer, 1/3 of the marks given to that question will be deducted.|
Marking Scheme Preliminary exam
|Paper||No. of questions||Marks allotted to each question||Total Marks|
|General Studies||100 ques.||2 marks each||200 marks|
|Aptitude Test||100 ques.||2 marks each||200 marks|
|Total marks||400 marks|
Main Examination- HPAS
|Paper No.||Subject||Maximum Marks|
|Paper Counted for Merit|
|4||General Studies – I||200|
|5||General Studies – II||200|
|6||General Studies – III||200|
|7||Optional Subject – Paper I||100|
|8||Optional Subject – Paper II||100|
Personality Test – Interview Round
As this is an overall personality assessment exam, there is no specific material for this round. During the test, the interviewers may ask you questions regarding current events of national and international relevance, as well as your socioeconomic and political understanding of the state of Himachal Pradesh. The ambitious applicant must be well-versed in Himachal Pradesh’s regional customs, culture, and accent. Applicants will also be evaluated on soft skills such as leadership traits, communication skills, mental agility, and critical thinking.
Syllabus of HPPSC
Preliminary Examination Syllabus:
- Current affairs of national and international Importance
- GK topics
- Physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
- Socio-economic, political and cultural conditions of HP
- Indian History and Civics
- Indian polity and governance
- General Science and Environmental knowledge
- English Language- Comprehension and Composition
- Basic numeration- class 10th level
- Logical Reasoning
- General Mental Ability
- Communication Skills
- Elementary Mathematics
- Verbal Reasoning
Syllabus of Main Examination:
Syllabus of English Paper
The English test will assess your linguistic clarity and precision, grammatical expression, and comprehension abilities:
|English Topics||Marks Allotted|
|English Writings like Composition, letter . application, Note, Report writing||20 marks|
|Comprehension of unseen passages||20 marks|
|Usage and Vocabulary||20 marks|
|English Grammar||20 marks|
|Precis (summary) writing||20 marks|
|Total Marks||100 marks|
Syllabus of Hindi Paper
This paper will test the Hindi in Devnagri script:
- Translation- Hindi to English
- Translation- English to Hindi
- Composition writing, Idioms, Corrections
- Explanation of passages in hindi
Syllabus of Essay Paper
Applicants must prepare a 900-word essay on one of two subjects from the question paper’s options. The purpose of the paper is to assess the applicants’ ability to explain themselves clearly and generate a well-argued work. It is recommended that you write an unique item for the essay and use proper grammar. Applicants should be familiar with the following topics:
- Political issues
- Societal knowledge
- Historical facts and Understanding
- Cultural aspects
- Economic conditions
|Paper Name – HPAS Mains||Syllabus Overview|
|General Studies I||Disaster Management|
Indian Society, Laws, and rights
Globalization, Capitalism, Nationalism
Historical Understanding of India
Geographical Knowledge of HP and India
|General Studies II||Policies and Governance|
Indian relations with Neighbouring countries
Tribal conditions and Policies in HP
Crim in Himachal Pradesh
Administration of regional and rural HP
|General Studies III||Tourism Industry in HP|
Poverty and Unemployment
India Economy and Demography
Ecology and Climate change
Monetary policies, GDP, Foreign Trade
IT and BioTech in HP
HPAS Main Examination – Optional Papers
Applicants must choose any two papers from a list of 31 optional subjects provided by HPPSC. As a result, in addition to the six mandatory papers, any two subjects from the following list must be chosen for the Main Examination:
|Indian History||Political Science and International Relation||Mathematics||Statistics|
|Urdu||Civil engineering||Electrical engineering||Mechanical engineering|
|Psychology||Zoology||Commerce and Accountancy||Horticulture|
|Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science||Botany||Sociology||–|
Staffing Methods of HPPSC
The HPPSC uses a variety of strategies to recruit applicants for various positions, including the following:
Recruitment through examination and viva-voce:
Applicants must first sit for a written examination using this procedure. The best applicants are then called for the Viva-voce, or oral test, based on their scores. This exam must also be passed in order for the candidate to demonstrate appropriate understanding of their particular courses. On the basis of both examinations, a merit list is created, from which candidates are chosen.
The departmental services for which applicants are recruited through this form of viva-voce are as follows:
- Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services etc. Examination (HPAS)
- Himachal Pradesh Judicial Services (HPJS)
- State Forest Services (HFS)
- Forest Rangers
Recruitment through examination without viva-voce:
Departmental applicants (in-service applicants who have served for a minimum period of time in some rural areas) are recruited for various roles using this technique of staffing. This is accomplished by a written test, with no viva-voce round. A merit list is created, from which the candidates are chosen.
The departmental services for which applicants are recruited using this method are as follows:
- State Accounts Services (L.A.D.) – S.A.S.-L.A.D
- State Accounts Services (O.B.) – S.A.S.-OB
Recruitment through screening test and interview:
When there are a high number of applicants applying for a single position, the screen test procedure is used. This aids in the selection of only the most capable individuals. Shortlisted candidates are then invited to an interview phase before being decided on a merit list.
The services for which candidates are recruited using this method are as follows:
- Medical Officer (Dental)
- Medical Officer (General Wing)
- Assistant Engineers (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical) of different departments/ Board
- District Public Relation Officer/ Assistant Public Relation Officer (D.P.R.O./A.P.R.O.)
- Assistant District Attorney (A.D.A.)
- College Cadre Lecturers
- Any other post(s)
Recruitment is done by an interview, however there is no screening test:
When a lesser number of applicants apply for a certain position, this strategy is used. Interested individuals are contacted directly for an interview round, and a merit list is created based on their performance.
The services for which applicants are recruited using this method are as follows:
- Any other post(s)
- Assistant Professors of different faculties in Medical / Dental Colleges
- Deputy Director Sainik Welfare
- Director Sainik welfare
- Commandant Home Guard
HPPSC HPAS Admit Card 2022
The official website for the HPPSC HAS admit card 2022 has been updated. Applicants must complete their Use ID and password in order to download the admit card. Please keep in mind that the admit cards for the Prelims and Main exams are published separately. All hopefuls should bring their admit cards to the exam center; else, they will not be allowed to take the exam.
How to get your HPPSC HAS Admit Card 2022?
- Go to hppsc.hp.gov.in, which is the official website.
- You will now see the link ‘download admit card,’ which you should click.
- Once the website has loaded, you must enter your login credentials, which are your User ID and password, and then click the ‘login’ button.
- You should now be able to see your admit card on the screen.
- To finish the download, select the download option.
- Remember to keep a copy of your HPPSC HAS admit card for future reference.
HPPSC HAS Result 2022
The HPPSC HPAS 2022 will be announced on the internet. Applicants must go to the official website, hppsc.hp.gov.in, to view their results. Preliminary and main exam results will be released separately on the official website.
How to Check HPPSC HAS Result 2022 in Simple Steps
- Visit the HPPSC’s online portal at hppsc.hp.gov.in.
- From the home page, go to the ‘results’ link.
- The candidates must next select the ‘Screening test’ link option to view the preliminary exam results.
- Candidates must go to the next page and search for their preliminary results.
- Candidates can download the PDF copy of the HPPSC HAS Result once they have located it.
HPPSC HAS FAQ’S 2022
What is the application fee for the HPAS exam?
The application fee for applicants in the General category is Rs 400. The application fee for candidates from Himachal Pradesh’s reserved categories, such as SC, ST, OBC, and those living below the poverty line (BPL), is only Rs 100. Ex-servicemen and visually impaired candidates do not have to pay an application fee.
Is the HPAS Prelims exam is conducted in online mode?
No, the HPAS Prelims and Main Exams are both conducted in a paper-and-pencil format. The HPAS preliminary exam is an objective test, while the HPAS main exam is a descriptive test.
How many attempts are there for HPAS?
The official notification makes no mention of the number of attempts that can be made. Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria, such as age, can take the HPAS exam as many times as they want.
Is the offline mode for application fee payment available in HPAS exam?
Applicants will not be able to pay the application fee in person. The commission will only accept fees that are paid via the internet.