The Ministry of Home Affairs’ Intelligence Bureau (IB) will soon issue a notice for Intelligence Bureau ACIO Recruitment 2022 to fill vacant positions. Job seekers who believe they are qualified for the vacant positions may apply for Intelligence Bureau ACIO Jobs by completing the Intelligence Bureau ACIO application form and providing all requested information.
Every year, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) issues a recruitment notice inviting applicants to apply for the position of Intelligence Bureau Assistant Central Intelligence Officer (IB ACIO) Grade-II/ Executive. The MHA has announced a number of vacancies for IB ACIO Grade-II positions. Applicants for the aforementioned positions will be chosen based on their performance in the Tier-I (online written exam), Tier-II (descriptive exam), and Tier-III (interview) examinations.
The Intelligence Bureau Assistant Central Intelligence Officer (IB ACIO) examination is a graduation level exam. The investigation is being carried out under the supervision of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). IB ACIO (Intelligence Bureau Assistant Central Intelligence Officer) is a well-paid position that comes with other benefits from the Indian government. Previously, the IB was under the control of the country’s internal and external intelligence. However, it was later divided into two separate organisations: the Intelligence Bureau and the Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW).
Intelligence Bureau Assistant Central Intelligence Officer is the full form of IB ACIO. It is a national examination that takes place once a year. It is a non-gazetted, non-ministerial executive position classified as Grade II, Group C.
IB ACIO 2022 Highlights
Applicants interested in taking the IB ACIO exam should review the table below to learn about the exam’s highlights.
|Full Form of IB ACIO||Intelligence Bureau Assistant Central Intelligence Officer|
|Conducted by||Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)|
|Classification||Grade II, Group C (Non – gazetted, non – ministerial)|
|Stages||3 (Written test, comprehension, personal interview)|
|Vacancies||Around 1400 posts|
|Salary structure||INR 9,300 – INR 34,800 (varies according to the posting area) along with other allowances provided by the Government of India.|
|Categories for reservation||SC, ST OBC and Ex-servicemen|
|Mode of Application||Online|
IB ACIO 2022 Exam Dates
The dates for the 2022 IB ACIO are listed below, as stated in the Ministry’s official notification.
|Official Notification Release Date||To be announced|
|Online Application Process Start Date||To be announced|
|End of Online Application Process||To be announced|
|Last date to pay the Application Fees online||To be announced|
|Last date to pay the Application Fees offline||To be announced|
|IB ACIO 2022 Exam Date and City allotment date||To be announced|
|IB ACIO 2022 Admit Card Release Date Tier II||To be announced|
|IB ACIO 2022 Recruitment Tier-II Exam date||To be announced|
|IB ACIO 2022 Release of Provisional Answer Key||To be announced|
|IB ACIO 2022 Tier-II Result||To be announced|
IB ACIO Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must be an Indian national.
- Applicants must have graduated from a recognised university with a bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Applicants must have a basic understanding of computers.
- The student’s age should be between 18 and 27 years old.
Applicants who fall into one of the reserved categories are given a break on the upper limit –
- Applicants from the SC (scheduled caste) and ST (scheduled tribes) categories are given a 5-year age relaxation.
- Applicants from the OBC category are given a three-year period of relaxation (Other Backward Class).
IB ACIO Exam Pattern
There are three stages to the examination.
The first stage consists of a 100 marks written test.
- It’s a multiple-choice examination. General awareness, quantitative aptitude, logical ability, and English language are the four sections of the paper.
- The first stage will take 60 minutes to complete.
The writing and comprehension test is the second stage. It’s a report that tells you about something.
- There are two sections to the paper: essay writing and comprehension, as well as precis writing.
- The essay is worth 30 marks, and comprehension and precis writing are worth 20 marks, for a total of 50 marks.
- Applicants in Stage 2 have 60 minutes to complete the task.
Personal interviews are the third and final stage. There are 100 marks in total. This stage assesses the candidate’s personality by looking at factors such as intelligence, awareness, and knowledge.
|Stage 1 (written test)||Total marks – 100|
Type – Objective
Duration – 60 minutes
|Stage 2 (comprehension and précis writing)||Total marks – 50|
Type – Subjective/ Descriptive
Duration – 60 minutes
|Stage 3 (personal interview)||Total marks – 100|
Type – Oral / Mock
Duration – Not Defined
IB ACIO Selection Process
- Applicants who apply for the IB ACIO examination must take the first tier of the exam. The authority establishes the minimum cut-offs for various categories. To advance to the second round, applicants must meet the minimum cut-off marks.
- Only those applicants who passed the preliminary round are invited to Tier 2.
- Applicants’ performance in Tiers 1 and 2 is taken into account when shortlisting them for the interview round.
- The merit list is compiled based on overall performance.
IB ACIO Exam Syllabus
IB ACIO Syllabus contains a vast content. It covers a wide range of subjects in different fields. Stage 1 covers General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Ability and English Language while stage 2 is descriptive in nature and covers essay, comprehension and précis writing. The details of syllabus of different stages is given below:
|Stage 1||English Language Cloze Test: Synonyms & Antonyms, Para Jumble, Spotting Error, Sentence Improvement, Fill in the blanks, Reading Comprehension, Spelling Error, Sentence Improvement, Preposition, One-word Substitution, Idiom & Phrase, Active & Passive Voice|
General Awareness – Current Affairs: History, Geography ,Science & Technology, Indian Polity & Constitution, Economy & Finance, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Static GK
Logical/Analytical Ability: Alphabet Test, Classification, Analogy, Arithmetic Reasoning, Logical Venn diagram, Distance direction test, Matrix, Blood Relation, Coding decoding, Pattern Completion, Embedded figures, Figure formation & Analysis, Cube & Dice, Figure formation & Analysis, Missing Number, Series Paper cutting & folding, Counting of figures, Mirror Image, Water Image
Quantitative Aptitude Average: LCM & HCF, Percentages, Partnership, Boat & Stream, Pipes & Cistern, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Profit loss & Discount, Mixture & Allegation, Problem on Ages, Ratio Proportion, Complementary angles, Data Interpretation, Time work & wages, Speed, time, and work, Heights and Distances, Standard Trigonometry Identities, Mensuration.
|Stage 2||Essay writing on topics like security threats, cultural diversity etc.|
IB ACIO Exam Centres
There are approximately 33 IB ACIO examination centres. For the sake of convenience, applicants are most likely to be assigned to the closest centre. Applicants are unable to change the examination centre that has been assigned to them. The following is a list of different IB ACIO examination centres:
IB ACIO Application Process
There are two parts to the application process for filing the IB ACIO form. The first step is to fill out the form, and the second is to pay the fee. Applicants must complete the application form in an online format.
- Visit the Ministry of Home Affairs’ official website. Go to the ACIO notification from the IB.
- Fill in the details for Part 1 of the application form.
- The application fee is INR 100 for both general and OBC applicants. The application fee is waived for applicants belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) categories.
- As directed, upload all of the documents.
- Make your payment for the fee
IB ACIO Admit Card 2022
Applicants can get their IB ACIO admit card for the year 2022 by going online. The Ministry of Home Affairs publishes it separately for tier 1, tier 2, and the interview round (MHA). To obtain the admit card, applicants must first log in with their registration ID and password. The following are the details of the IB ACIO 2022 admit card for various tiers:
The admit card for Tier 1 is issued to applicants who have completed the IB ACIO application form and met the eligibility criteria.
Only those applicants who passed the preliminary examination are given an admit card for Tier 2.
The admit card for the interview round is issued to applicants who pass Tier 2 I.e. the Mains Examination.
How to Get an IB ACIO Admit Card
- Visit the IB ACIO’s official website (Ministry of Home Affairs).
- Select the Admit Card Link from the drop-down menu.
- Put your registration ID and password in the boxes below.
- The admit card is available for download.
- Take out a printout of your admit card.
The admit card is a very important document without which you will not be able to sit for your exam. It includes information such as the exam date, time, city, and centre, as well as the applicants’ personal information.
IB ACIO Salary Details
|Grade pay||INR 4,200(Pay Band 2)|
|IB (ACIO) ,Grade II||INR 9,300 – INR 34,800|
|Allowances entitled in IB ACIO salary slip||House rent allowance, dearness allowance, overtime allowance, transport allowance, special pay and deputation, children education allowance, composite hill compensatory allowance, reimbursement of medical charges, leave travel concession|
IB ACIO Result
The IB ACIO result for 2022 has yet to be released. On the official website, the results will be announced separately for each stage. Only the roll numbers of qualified applicants will be displayed in the results. The document will be available in PDF format. The steps to check your IB ACIO result are as follows:
- Visit the Ministry of Home Affairs’ official website.
- Go to the link for the results. Simply press the button.
- The outcome will be presented in PDF format.
- Take a look at the outcome.
- Take a printout of your document with the results.
All who do not want a traditional desk job should take the IB ACIO exam and earn the designation. If you’re interested in taking it, getting started on your preparation as soon as possible is the best way to go.
IB ACIO 2022- Tie-breaker method
If the applicants’ combined scores in the Tier-I, Tier-II, and Tier-III exams are tied, the case can be resolved by using any of the following criteria until the tie is broken.
- Normalized Marks secured in Tier-I
- Marks obtained in Tier-II
- Date of birth, with the older candidates, placed higher
- Alphabetical order of names of the candidates (starting with the first name)
- Marks obtained in Tier-III