For any serious preparation, a student should have a clear objective, and a clear path defined to reach that objective. Here, in this article, we will discuss some of the preparation techniques a student can use in order to prepare for JEE Advance 2022. First, we will discuss the exam pattern and the preparation tips regarding it. Then, we will move on to making a proper timetable that will suit every student accordingly. At last, we will suggest some of the important books for JEE Advance.
Table of Contents
JEE Advanced 2022 Exam Pattern and Tips
Let’s start with a brief description of the JEE Advanced.
JEE Advanced is an exam that you can appear only when you have cleared JEE Mains.
JEE Advanced has two parts: Paper 1 and Paper 2.
The first paper will be from 9 AM to 12 PM.
The second paper will be from 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Exam Mode: Online (computer based).
- Papers: The exam will have two papers Paper 1 & 2.
- The language of Paper: The language of question paper will be English & Hindi.
- Duration of Exam: The exam will be of 3 hours duration for each of the exams.
- Questions Type: The format of the question paper will be of objective type which will include both multiple choice and numerical answer type.
- No. of Subjects: The question paper of both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will have three section having Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
Now that you are familiar with the exam pattern, we can discuss the actual preparation strategy. Just so you know, JEE Advanced syllabus is a bit different from JEE Mains. So, you have to refer to the syllabus accordingly.
These are the 5 tips that you need to keep in mind when you start preparing:
Even if you have joined a coaching institute, the importance of self-study cannot be de-emphasized. Some people even say that self-study is the most important part in the preparation of any examination.
If you make a mistake while studying and rectify them yourself, then you will not forget about it till the very examination. As everyone else, we are suggesting you to self-study as much as you can.
This is the single most helpful thing that will help you get into the IITs.
Revision is not something to be done only on the previous day of the examination, rather it is a task to be performed every day. Make small notes of important topics that you forget easily, and revise them regularly.
Appear in all the test if you have joined a coaching institute. If you haven’t joined any coaching, we suggest you take online tests.
Tests are the only way to know about your grasp of a subject or a topic. You can take a subject-wise test or you can take a test with all the subjects. Both have a different impact.
Never Stop Studying
This point is very important while preparing for an exam. Many students start the preparation very enthusiastically but tend to slow down with time.
Eventually, they stop studying and start to panic, as the day of the exam appears. This will not happen if you keep studying every day.
Find something that keeps you motivated, and avoid any kind of distractions.
The Last Six Months
The last six months are very crucial for JEE Advanced preparation. It is seen students who follow all the above tips even in the last six months get better ranks than the ones who doesn’t.
TimeTable for JEE Advance 2022
- Wake up early (7 AM): Prepare for the day- 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM.
- Study a pre-scheduled topic: For 3 hours (8:00 AM-11:00 AM).
- Breakfast: 11:00 AM-11:20 AM
- Previous Years’ Papers: Spend at least 2 hours on this (11:20 AM-1:20 AM)
- Finish Incomplete topics: Complete an incomplete topic from a previously done topic/ practice formulae, equations etc.(1:20 PM – 2:15 PM).
- Break for lunch: 2:15 PM – 2:45 PM
- Take a small nap: 2:45 PM- 4:00 PM
- Prepare another topic from any other subject (4:00 PM-7:00 PM): If you did Chemistry in the morning, you can prepare a Mathematics topic now. This will help your mind absorb different things conveniently without much stress.
- Break: 7:00 PM-7:30 PM
- Mock test: For the questions pertaining today’s complete topics (7:30 PM-9:15 PM)
- Have dinner: 9:15 PM-9:45 PM
- Revision: Previous topics/mock test(9:45 PM-11:00 PM)
- Sleep: 11:00 PM.
Books for JEE Advance 2022