The RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) is the Indian Railways’ recruitment body, and it publishes vacancy announcements on a regular basis, advising candidates of current employment openings. RRB Recruitment does not require an interview for Group C and Group D positions. For some occupations, the selection procedure is based on a preliminary exam, mains exam, medical exam, and interview. It is governed by the Ministry of Railways, Government of India’s rules and regulations (GoI).
RRB Zonal Portals
The Indian railway system is divided into zones. All of the zonal boards advertise different job openings for distinct positions. In the table below, the various zones are listed. Candidates must apply for each regional position separately.
|Railway Zone||Head Quarter||Divisions||Website|
|Central Railway||Mumbai||Mumbai, Nagpur, Bhusawal, Pune, Sholapur||http://www.cr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|East Central Railway||Hajipur||Danapur, Mughalsarai, Dhanbad, Sonpur, Samastipur||http://www.ecr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|Eastern Railway||Kolkata||Howrah I, Howrah II, Sealdah, Malda, Asansol, Chittaranjan, Kolkata Metro||http://www.er.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|East Coast Railway||Bhubaneshwar||Khurda Road, Waltair, Sambhalpur||http://www.eastcoastrail.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|Northern Railway||Baroda House, New Delhi||Delhi I, Delhi II, Ambala, Moradabad, Lucknow, Firozpur||http://www.nr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|North Central Railway||Allahabad||Allahabad, Jhansi, Agra||http://www.ncr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|North Eastern Railway||Gorakhpur||Izzatnagar, Lucknow, Varanasi, DLW||http://www.ner.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|North Frontier Railway||Maligaon, Guwahati||Katihar, Alipurduar, Rangiya, Lumding, Tinsukia||http://www.nfr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|North Western Railway||Jaipur||Jaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Ajmer||http://www.nwr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|Southern Railway||Chennai||Chennai, Madurai, Palghat, Trichy, Trivandrum||http://www.sr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|South Central Railway||Secundrabad||Secundrabad, Hyderabad, Guntakal, Vijayawada, Nanded||http://www.scr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|South Eastern Railway||Garden Reach, Kolkata||Kharagpur, Adra, Chakradharpur, Ranchi, Shalimar||http://www.ser.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|South East Central Railway||Bilaspur||Bilaspur, Nagpur, Raipur||http://www.secr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|South Western Railway||Hubli||Bangalore, Mysore, Hubli, RWF/YNK||http://www.swr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|Western Railway||Mumbai CST||BCT, Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Ratlam, Rajkot, Bhavnagar||http://www.wr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|West Central Railway||Jabalpur||Jabalpur, Bhopal, Kota||http://wcr.indianrailways.gov.in/.|
RRB Recruitment 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate’s eligibility varies depending on the designation.
- Candidates applying for technical cadre positions must be at least 18 years old and no more than 33 years old. The age limit for non-technical cadre positions is 18 to 30 years.
- Age relaxation is done in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the Government of India.
- Before the deadline for application submission, candidates must hold the required qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Candidates whose results are still pending are not eligible to apply for the positions.
- Candidates who have been permanently forbidden from taking RRB examinations, or who have been barred for a period of time that has not yet expired, are not eligible to take the exam.
- For reserved category candidates to apply for posts, they must submit the requisite set of certifications in the prescribed format.
RRB 2022 Notifications and Registration
All RRB Recruitment job announcements are publicised on websites, local/national newspapers, and employment news. Check the content of the employment news before proceeding to the RRB Online Registration.
Candidates must have a valid email address and mobile phone number in order to apply, as all the information will passed on from this only. Multiple applications from the same candidate will result in the cancellation of the candidature of the RRB Recruitment Exam Application Form.
Choose the zone for which you want to fill out the RRB Online Application Form and click “Continue.” Before applying for Railway Recruitment, make sure the position is available.
A current passport-sized colourful photograph of the applicant and scribe in jpg/jpeg (100 DPI, 20KB – 50KB) format in jpg/jpeg (100 DPI, 20KB – 50KB) format must be uploaded. SC/ST candidates must keep a scanned copy of their certificate (50 KB – 100 KB, jpg/jpeg format) in order to be eligible for free travel.
There are 5 stages in RRB Online Registration
- Preliminary Stage: The Candidate must put his basic details on the examination form.
- Activation Stage: Your candidature will be registered through verification of the mobile and Email Id.
- Post Preference Stage: You then have to select a choice of Posts you want to apply for, Medium of the exam, scribe details, educational details, address.
- Uploading of Documents: Now you have to upload scanned copies of pictures as well as a copy of the SC/ST caste certificate.
- Modification Stage: This stage includes the payment of application costs as well as editing.
RRB Recruitment 2022 Medical Fitness Test
Before filling out the RRB Application Form, candidates must fulfill the medical fitness requirements. Candidates must pass a medical fitness exam in order to be considered for the position. It is carried out to confirm that applicants are medically fit to perform their responsibilities. The following are the medical criteria for several categories:
|A-1||Physically fit in every way. Distance Vision Standards: 6/6, 6/6 without glasses. Near Vision:Sn: 0.6,0.6 without spectacles (must clear fogging test) and colour vision, binocular vision, field of vision, and night vision tests must all be passed.|
|A-2||Physically fit in every way. Distance vision: 6/9 with glasses, 6/9 without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 without glasses; color vision, binocular vision, field of vision, and night vision must all be passed.|
|A-3||Physically fit in every way. Distance Vision Standards: 6/9, 6/9 with or without glasses (power should not exceed 2D). Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses, and color vision, binocular vision, field of vision, and night vision must all be passed.|
|B-1||Physically fit in every way. Distance Vision Standards: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power should not exceed 4D). Near vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses is recommended and color Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision, and Night Vision must all be passed.|
|B-2||Physically fit in every way. Distance Vision Standards: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power should not exceed 4D). Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses, and must pass a Field of Vision test.|
|C-1||Physically fit in every way. Distance Vision Standards: 6/12, 6/18 with or without glasses. When reading or doing close work, Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses is required.|
|C-2||Physically fit in every way. Distance Vision Standards: 6/12, Nil with or without glasses. When reading or doing close work, Near Vision: Sn: 0.6 with or without glasses is required.|
The visual acuity standard is one of the most essential medical fitness criteria for railway employees. Clarity of vision is a typical term for it.
RRB 2022 Recruitment Process
All candidates are required to take an online computer-based test (CBT). The RRB sets a cut-off for each category, and only those who meet it will be called for the next stage of the recruiting process.
- After the CBT, there is no additional round for the positions of Commercial Apprentice (CA), Traffic Apprentice (TA), Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC), and Goods Guard. Candidates will be contacted for document verification and consideration for the position, as well as other joining requirements, such as medical examinations.
- After passing the CBT, all candidates who applied for the positions of Junior Account Assistant, Senior Clerk, and Senior Time Keeper would be required to take a typing test. A merit list will be released based on the CBT scores of those who passed the Typing Test. Candidates will be contacted for Document Verification based on their merit number.
After passing the RRB Online Test/ CBT, applicants for Assistant Station Master and Traffic Assistant positions must take the Aptitude Test. Document verification will be required of qualified candidates. The merit list is based on a 70 percent weighting (CBT marks) and a 30 percent weighting (aptitude test marks).
RRB 2022 Recruitment FAQs
What is the procedure of Railway Recruitment?
Due to the change in the designation, the recruitment procedure has changed as well. RRBs may go through multiple stages of recruitment, including CBT-I, CBT-II, Typing Tests or Computer Based Aptitude Tests, Medical Exams, and DV.
What is the salary of RRB Group D?
RRB Group D officers are paid a basic salary of Rs. 18,000 per month. The pay scale for RRB Group D is INR 15,600 – 60,600/-, according to the 7th Pay Commission.
Can I apply for more than one post through one application for RRB Exams?
If you are qualified for many positions, you may apply for them all. However, if someone applies for the same job many times, the application form may be rejected.