The WBTET is administered by the West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE) to determine applicants’ eligibility to teach in West Bengal schools. The West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WB TET) is a state-level exam that follows the guidelines of the National Council for Teachers’ Education (NCTE). Paper 1 and Paper 2 of the WB TET exam are held in two sessions. Both papers have 150 multiple choice questions that candidates must answer in 2 hours and 30 minutes. Applicants who want to teach Classes 1 to 5 should take Paper 1, while Upper Primary Teachers who want to teach Classes 6 to 8 should take Paper 2. Applicants who pass the WB TET exam are chosen to fill teaching vacancies in West Bengal based on the following criteria:
What is WB TET Exam?
The West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test is abbreviated as WBTET. The eligibility test is administered by the West Bengal Board of Primary Education in accordance with the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) guidelines. The board has made the online registration and application form available. The exam is given in a paper-and-pencil format (Pen and Paper mode). The exam is divided into two parts: Paper I is for primary school teachers, and Paper II is for secondary school teachers. The exam is only to determine your eligibility; it does not guarantee you a teaching position. If you pass the exam, you will receive a certificate that you can use to apply for teaching jobs. The exam consists of 150 questions worth 150 points.
WB TET Exam Highlights 2021
|Name of Exam||West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WB TET)|
|Conducting By||West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE)|
|Level of Exam||State|
|Mode of Exam||Offline only|
|Duration of Exam||150 minutes|
|Purpose of Exam||To determine the eligibility of candidates as teachers in the state of West Bengal|
|Helpdesk No. for Exam||91-33-2334-8983|
WB TET Exam Dates 2021
Exam dates for the WB TET 2021 exam are listed below. WBTET Exam Dates 2021 will be posted here as soon as they become available on the official website.
|WB TET 2021 Recruitment Notification Release Date||To be notified|
|Start Date of Online Registration||To be notified|
|Last Date of Online Registration||To be notified|
|Release of WB TET 2021 Admit Card||To be notified|
|Exam Date of WB TET 2021||To be notified|
|Paper-I Result Date||To be notified|
|Paper-II Result Date||To be notified|
|Result Declaration||To be notified|
WB TET Eligibility Criteria 2021
WBTET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Primary Teachers (Class I to V)
To be eligible to take the WBTET exam, applicants must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements, as set forth by NCTE from time to time:
- Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary School diploma with at least 50% marks and a 2-year Elementary Education diploma (DEIEd)
- Higher secondary/senior secondary school diploma with at least 50% marks and a four-year bachelor’s degree in elementary education (BEIEd)
- Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and a Rehabilitation Council of India-recognized Diploma in Education (Special Education) (RCI)
- Graduation and a two-year Elementary Education Diploma (DEIEd)
Note: For reserved category candidates, a 5% relaxation of marks in Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary or its equivalent examination 10+2 (ie 45%) will be allowed.
WB TET Eligibility Criteria for Primary Teachers (Class VI to VIII)
Applicants who meet the following criteria are eligible to take the WBTET exam:
- They have completed a B.Sc/B.A. or equivalent education.
- They received a minimum of 50% on their B.Ed/secondary education exam.
- The final four years were qualified. Elementary Education Bachelor’s Degree (BEIEd)
- Taking the final two years of a B.Sc., B.A., or Diploma in Education and passing the exam with a minimum of 45 percent.
WB TET Selection Process 2021
Step 1: Fill WB TET Application Form
On the official website of the teacher eligibility test, candidates must fill out a WB TET application form. Aspirants must save the confirmation page after properly filling out the WB TET exam application form.
Step 2: Download WBTET Admit Card
Applicants must obtain their WB TET admit card from the WBBPE’s official website. The aspirant’s name, photograph, signature, roll number, and test centre information are all printed on the WB TET admit card. On the day of the examination, candidates must print out their admit card and bring it with them to the exam centre.
Step 3: Appear for WB TET Exam
Aspirants must arrive at their test centre well ahead of time on exam day. The WB TET exam consists of 150 multiple choice objective type questions that candidates must complete in the allotted time of 2 hours 30 minutes.
Step 4: WB TET Result
Candidates can check their WB TET exam results on the test’s official website. Aspirants must enter their roll number and date of birth on the exam’s official website to check their WBTET results.
WBTET Exam 2021 – Application Process
The board has not yet released the application forms for the WBTET Exam. Application will be able to finish their application process online through the official website of wbbpe.org once it is released.
WBTET Exam 2021 has an online application process. To apply, candidates must complete the application forms available on the website. Here is a step-by-step guide to applying for the WBTET Exam.
How to fill WB TET Online Application Form 2021?
- Step 1: Go to wbbpe.org, the official website of the West Bengal Board of Primary Education.
- Step 2: On the homepage, go to the latest notifications section and look for WBTET 2021 Application Form.
- Step 3: The WBTET Exam application form will appear in front of your screen.
- Step 4: Carefully read all of the instructions before entering your basic information.
- Step 5: After filling out the basic information, candidates will be asked to provide their educational credentials.
- Step 6: The next step is for the candidate to upload all of the necessary documents. Ensure that the documents are legible and not hazy, and that they are the correct size and format. The application may be rejected if the documents are unclear or blurry.
- Step 7: After submitting the documents, the last and final step is to review the application to ensure that it is free of errors and mistakes.
- Step 8: Candidates can complete their application process by paying the application fees after reviewing the application form.
Downloading and saving copies of the application form and fee payment receipt for future use is highly recommended. They must be saved in a secure location by the candidates.
WBTET Exam 2021 – Application Fees
To complete the WBTET Application Process, applicants must pay online application fees. The application will be rejected if the fees are not paid in full or are not paid on time.
Applicants who fall into the Reserved category are also given a fee reduction. The table below shows the WBTET Exam Application Fee for various categories.
|Category of Candidate||WBTET Application Fees|
|General / Unreserved (UR)||Rs. 250/-|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||Rs. 80/-|
|Scheduled Classes (SC)||Rs. 80/-|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs. 80/-|
|Person with Disability (PwD)||Rs. 80/-|
Applicants can pay their WBTET application fees in a variety of ways online. Application fees can be paid using an ATM card, Net Banking, or a credit card.
WB TET Exam Pattern 2021
To prepare an effective study plan, it is critical to know and understand the WBTET Exam Pattern 2021. WBTET Paper I Exam Pattern and WBTET Paper II Exam Pattern are described in detail below.
WB TET Paper I Exam Pattern
|Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30|
Note: There is no negative marking for West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WBTET) Paper 1.
WB TET Paper II Exam Pattern
|Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language-I (Regional Language)||30||30|
|Mathematics & Science / Social Studies||60||60|
Note: There is no negative marking for West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WBTET) 2021 Paper 2.
WBTET Exam 2021 – Admit Card
WBTET Exam 2021 Admit Card will be available soon on the official website of wbbpe.org. One of the most important documents required for the WBTET Exam is the admit card. During the TET Exam, candidates must download and carry their admit card. Without an admit card and a valid photo id proof, no candidate will be allowed to sit in the examination hall.
How to Download WBTET Admit Card?
Using their registration id and password, applicants will be able to download their Admit Cards from the official website. Applicants can obtain their admit cards by following the steps outlined below.
- Step 1: Go to wbbpe.org, WBTET’s official website.
- Step 2: On the homepage of the website, a direct link to the Admit Card will be active; locate and click on that link.
- Step 3: On the next page, enter your login information and click the submit button.
- Step 4: Your WBTET Admit Card will appear on the screen; review all of the information and download it in preparation for the exam.
|WBTET Admit Card Download Link||Click Here|
The Admit Cards will include information about the applicants as well as the exam location. It’s a good idea to double-check all of the information printed on the admit card to make sure there are no errors or missing information. Applicants must contact the board immediately if there is any discrepancy.
WBTET Exam 2021 – Cutoff Marks
The cutoff marks are the minimum scores needed to pass an examination. The West Bengal Primary Education Department will select all applicants who score equal to or higher than the cutoff marks for teaching positions. WBTET cutoff marks are determined in accordance with NCTE guidelines.
According to the board’s guidelines, candidates from the Unreserved category must score at least 60% on the WBTET Exam in order to advance to the next round of selection. Applicants from the backward and reserved categories are also given special consideration. The table below shows the minimum qualifying marks for the WBTET Exam by category.
How to Check the WB TET Cut Off Marks?
The WB TET Cut Off Marks 2021 is critical information that will help you predict your exam success. Applicants who receive scores equal to or higher than the cut-off marks will advance to the next round. Applicants who want to look up the West Bengal TET cut off marks 2021 on the official website can do so in the box below:
- Step 1: Visit the WBBPE’s official website or click on the direct link.
- Step 2: From the homepage, go to the Announcement tab and scroll down.
- Step 3: Next, search for the WB TET Cut Off 2021 by scrolling down the page.
- Step 4: Now open the cut-off link by clicking on it. To find the cut-off for your category, scroll through the PDF or use Ctrl+F.
- Step 5: Download and save the WB TET Cut Off 2021 PDF to your device for future reference.
WB TET Minimum Qualifying Marks 2021
|Paper Type||Qualifying Marks|
|Paper I||Reserved – 55%|
General – 60%
|Paper-II||SC/OBC/ST and Others – 55%|
General – 60%
|Paper I & Paper II||Reserved Category – 55%|
Unreserved – 60%
WB TET Result 2021
According to West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE) president Manik Bhattacharya, the WB TET result 2021 will be announced before Durga Puja this year. The WBBPE will release the WB TET answer key before the results are announced. Candidates who achieve the minimum qualifying marks in the WB TET 2017 exam will be declared successful. Candidates who pass the WB TET exam are chosen to fill teaching vacancies in West Bengal based on the following criteria:
|40% marks obtained from WB TET out of a total of 150 marks||60 marks|
|Academic qualification including professional qualification as on the last date of Application||30 marks|
|Teaching experience||5 marks|
|Personality test||5 marks|
How to Download the WB TET Result 2021?
Candidates who have met all of the WB Primary TET Eligibility requirements for the exam will now eagerly await the results. To obtain the WB TET Result, follow the steps outlined below.
- Step 1: Go to the WBBPE’s official website.
- Step 2: Go to the Announcement tab on the homepage.
- Step 3: After that, look for the direct link to the WBTET 2021 Result on the next page and click it.
- Step 4: To download the OMR sheet, enter your registration number and password.
- Step 5: Open the OMR sheet PDF by clicking on the download icon that appears on the screen.
- Step 6: After the Result page has loaded, scroll through the PDF to find your roll number.
- Step 7: Applicants are suggested to download the WB TET Result 2021 PDF and print it for future reference.
WB TET Syllabus 2021
It is critical to understand the WBTET Syllabus 2021 in order to prepare well for the West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WBTET) 2021. For your convenience, we have included the WBTET Syllabus 2021 by subject.
- Meaning and concepts of learning and its processes
- Learning and Pedagogy Role of Heredity and Environment
- Important Child Development & Learning Theories
- Theories of Learning and its Implication
- Child Thinking & Thought
- Concept of development and its relationship with learning
- The concept of Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs
- Unseen Prose Passage
- Development of Language Skills, Teaching Learning Materials
- Principles of Teaching English
- Teaching Learning Materials
- Framing Questions Including Wh-questions
- Comprehensive & Continuous Evaluation
- Unseen Poem
- Unseen Prose Passage
- Modal Auxiliaries, Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, and Literary Terms
- Basic knowledge of English Sounds and their Phonetic Transcription
- Methods of Evaluation, Remedial Teaching
- Principles of Teaching English, Challenges of Teaching English and Communicative Approach to English Language Teaching.
- Approaches to presenting concepts
- Clothes and Habitats
- Basic knowledge of environmental elements
- Matter and energy
- Environment education learning principles
- Concept, scope, the significance of environment studies
- Living beings
- Pollution, natural resources, and environment of West Bengal
- Our culture and civilization
- Personal hygiene
- Scope & relation to science & social science
- Public places and institutions
- Transport and communication
- Community of Mathematics
- Diagnostic and Remedial Teaching
- Error analysis and related aspects of learning and teaching
- Evaluation Methods
- Geometry and Mensuration
- Language of Mathematics
- Indian Currency
- Nature of mathematics/logical thinking
- Mathematical Operations
- LCM and HCF
- Place of mathematics in the curriculum
- Problems of teaching
- Unitary method
- Simple interest
- Animal Reproduction and Adolescence
- Force and Motion
- Chemical Substances
- Human Body and Health
- Light and Sound
- Methods of Science Teaching
- Nature and Structure of Sciences
- Natural Science
- Living Being
- Remedial Teaching
- Solar System
- Science and Technology
- Text Materials/Aids
- Structure of Matter
- Understanding the Science
- Geography and Resources of West Bengal
- Geography and Resources of India
- Government: Composite and Functions
- Resources and Development
- Indian Civilization, Culture, and Society
- History and Culture of West Bengal
- Indian Constitution and Democracy
- Main Components of the Earth
- The Medieval and Modern Period
WBTET Exam 2021 – Books
It is critical for applicants to study from a legitimate and trustworthy source in order to pass the WBTET Exam. Candidates can prepare by consulting the list of books provided here. However, the books listed here are our recommendations, and candidates should not base their preparations solely on them.
In the table below, you’ll find a list of books for each of the West Bengal TET Exam subjects.
|WBTET Subject||Name of Book||Author / Publication of Book|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||CTET Child Development and Pedagogy for Paper I and Paper II||Pearson|
|Child Development and Pedagogy for Paper I and Paper II||Shyam Anand|
|English Language||Chhaya West Bengal Primary TET Challenger in English||Chhaya Prakashani Editorial Team|
|English for TET||DT Editorial Services|
|Bengali Language||Oxizone Books New Primary TET Practice Plus in Bengali – 2nd Edition||Oxizone Editorial Team|
|Primary TET ( Bengali ) 2021||S K Jana|
|Mathematics||West Bengal TET Math||Arvind Mohan Dwivedi|
|Mathematics for TET||Pearson|
|Environmental Studies||Environmental Studies for CTET||DT Editorial|
|TET Environmental Studies||Arihant Experts|
Applicants are also advised to review the relevant state board textbooks and NCER Text Books in order to strengthen their fundamentals. To avoid confusion, it’s also a good idea to study from only one reference book rather than multiple books.
WBTET Preparation Strategy
Check out the details below for WBTET Preparation Tips curated by experts.
- Applicants must first focus on covering the entire syllabus, and then on timely revision once the syllabus has been completed.
- You will be able to recall important topics, figures, and other information if you revise on a regular basis.
- Practice previous year papers and mock tests – Applicants who are serious about passing the WBTET Exam 202 must practise previous year papers and mock tests in order to identify their weak and strong points.