In this article, we will discuss top 5 engineering colleges in Uttarakhand
Engineering is one of the most preferable career options in India. Whenever you ask a child about their dreams and goals, they might proudly tell you “I want to become an Engineer.”.
Engineering is a dream of many students. Each one of them wants to become the best engineer. Engineering requires skill and creativity. Every student needs nourishment in order to become the best of the Engineer and for this nourishment, the step is the college you choose.
College is the place where a student is nourished and guided towards the path of success. So choosing a right college is really important. So here is the list of Top 5 Engineering colleges in Uttarakhand :
1. Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
Indian Institute of Technology – Roorkee is among the foremost of institutes of national importance in higher technological education and in engineering, basic and applied research. Since its establishment, the Institute has played a vital role in providing the technical manpower and know-how to the country and in pursuit of research.
It is a government college under IIT, India and was established in the year 1847.
- The student must be a pass out of 10+2 with a minimum of 75% aggregate of marks from any recognised board.
- Students need to appear for JEE Main examination conducted every year by IIT, India.
- Students are given different colleges under IIT on the basis of the rank scored in JEE Main examination.
2. College of Technology, GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar
The College of Technology came into existence in this prestigious university in 1966 and the College of Agricultural Engineering was merged into it. Its ten departments offer eight B. Tech Degree Programs namely Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering and Production Engineering.
- Candidate’s age should be between 17 to 22 years.
- Should be a pass out from a recognised board with minimum 50% aggregate.
- Admission is based on the Pantnagar University Entrance Exam every year.
3. DIT University, Dehradun
DIT University is a private university near Dehradun in India, established by the non-profit Unison Group. DIT University has been established by Govt. of Uttarakhand in the year 1998.
- Interested candidates should have scored 60% aggregate marks in both 10th and 12th class from a recognised board.
- Admissions are based on the ranked secured by the candidates in JEE Main examination.
Note – Syllabus of JEE Main has been mentioned above.
4. National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand
NIT, Uttarakhand is a public engineering institution. It was founded in the year 2010 as one of the 31 National Institute of Technology, India.
It is ranked among the apex institutions of engineering and higher studies in the state of Uttarakhand.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognised board scoring 65% marks in aggregate.
- Admissions are based on the rank scored in JEE Main examination.
5. Graphic Era University, Dehradun
It was established on 28 April 2011 by an act of the Uttarakhand State under the aegis of Graphic Era Educational Society (GEES), which was set up in 1996 as a non-profit organization.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 from a recognised institute.
- Admissions are based on the marks and rank secured in JEE Mains.
So these are the top 5 Engineering colleges in India. Choose wisely as your career and life depend on the first step you take.
Browse details and gather as much as information as you can.
Jahanvi Gupta is a content writer at ExamGyani.