Engineering is one of the most preferred career options in India. Engineering is a creative line with many exposure and career options.
While choosing Engineering, one must practice to a do a real hard work. It requires a lot of studies and skills. One must be guided on the right path. For this, the first and foremost step is the college you choose.
You will learn everything about your course in college. From good to bad, new to old, you will experience everything. So choosing a right college is quite important. So if you are looking forward to continuing your studies in Rajasthan, here are the top 5 Engineering colleges there :
1. Indian Institute of Technology, Jodhpur
IIT, Jodhpur is one of the colleges under IIT, India. IIT is the best college for Engineering in India. Every other lakhs of students apply to get admission in it.
It was established in the year 2008.
- The candidate must have secured at least 75% of aggregate in 10+2.
- Admissions are based on the ranked scored in JEE exam.
JEE Main Syllabus :
- Sets, relations, and functions
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Matrices and determinants
- Mathematical reasoning
- Mathematical induction
- Permutations and combinations
- Sequences and series
- Lbw, continuity and differentiability
- Integral calculus
- Differential equations
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Three dimensional geometry
- Vector algebra
- Co-ordinate geometry
- Statistics and probability
- Physics and measurement
- Work, energy, and power
- Rotational motion
- Laws of motion
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Electronic devices
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations and waves
- Communication systems
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and nuclei
- Some basic concepts in chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Redox reactions and electrochemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements
- D – and f – block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of metal
2. Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
BITS, Pilani is an Indian institute of higher education. The university has 15 academic departments and focuses primarily on undergraduate education in engineering and the sciences and on its management programme.
It was established in the year 1964.
- Candidates must have secured 75% aggregate marks.
- Candidate must have scored at least 60% in each Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Admission is based on the score obtained in Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test (BITSAT)/ SAT.
BITSAT exam syllabus for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is purely based on the NCERT books and is same as JEE exam.
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal Reasoning
- Nonverbal Reasoning
3. Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
The Malaviya National Institute of Technology is a public university in Jaipur, Rajasthan focusing in Science, Engineering and Management.
It was founded in the year 1963.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognised board with at least 75% aggregate marks.
- Admissions are based on the ranked secured in JEE exam.
- Candidate’s age should not exceed 24 years.
4. Banasthali Vidyapith, Banasthali
Banasthali Vidyapith is a women’s university in the Tonk District of Rajasthan. It offers programs at the school, undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate levels.
It was established in the year 1935.
- The candidate must have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate in 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Admission is based on the marks scored in Aptitude Test conducted by them Banasthali University.
- Then a counseling round is conducted and students are allotted their seats.
Banasthali Aptitude Test Syllabus :
- Units and Measurement
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Laws of Motion, Rotational motion
- Gravitation and Satellite
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity
- Heating and Magnetic Effect of Current
- Atomic and Nuclear Physics
- Semiconductor Physics
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating Currents.
- The States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity
- S-block elements
- P-block elements
- D and f-block elements
- Co-ordination Compounds
- Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic compounds containing Halogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen
- Matrices and Determinants
- 2D coordinate geometry
- 3D coordinate geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Linear Programming.
- Verbal reasoning – Analogy, Classification, Series Completion, Logical Deduction and Chart Logic.
- Nonverbal reasoning – Pattern Recognition, Analysis and Rule Detection.
5. Government Engineering College, Ajmer
The Government Engineering College also known as ECA is a public technical college in Ajmer. It is affiliated to Rajasthan Technical University.
It was established in the year 1997.
- The candidate must have scored at least 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Admissions are based on the rank secured in JEE exam.
Choose wisely from the options above. Good luck.