SRMJEEE 2021 is SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination, which is conducted every year by SRM University for admission to the various engineering courses. The candidates that want to get admission in engineering courses can apply for the exam, once selected the students will get admission in its 8 campuses i.e Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Vadapalani, Tiruchchirappalli located in Tamil Nadu and others in Delhi NCR, Sonepat, Gangtok and Amaravati, the exam will be conducted in online mode. SRMJEEE 2021 will be conducted on all India basis in various centres across India. In this section, you will get the updates for SRMJEEE 2021: Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern, Dates, Syllabus.
SRMJEEE 2021 Overview
|Exam Name||SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE)|
|Conducting Body||SRM Institute of Science and Technology|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|Level of Exam||University Level Entrance Examination|
|Exam Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Aptitude|
|Type of Questions||Objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Marking Scheme||One mark for the correct answer. No negative marking.|
|Selection Process||Based on the ranks of SRMJEEE 2021|
Event Calendar for SRMJEEE 2021
The SRMJEEE exam is scheduled for different slots at different test centres. Here is the list of important events for SRMJEEE 2021:
|Starting of application form||3rd week of Oct 2020|
|Deadline for Online Application form||4th week of March 2021|
|Deadline for Offline Application form||4th week of Feb 2021|
|Admit Card||2nd week of April 2021|
|Exam date||3rd week of April 2021|
|Result date||1st week of May 2021|
|Round-1 Counselling Date||3rd week of May 2021|
Changes Introduced in SRMJEEE 2021
- For SRMJEEE, SRM University has revised the examination pattern. Previously, three sections of the exam were Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology. But now in the Question Paper, two new sections, English and Aptitude, have been added.
- In the Mathematics Section of the SRMJEEE 2021 question paper, the SRM authorities have also increased the number of questions. Now the Mathematics section will have 40 questions.
SRM University has increased the number of questions, with 105 questions now rising to 125 questions earlier in the exam.
- In the SRMJEEE 2021 question paper, the Marking Scheme has also been modified, now 1 marks have been awarded instead of 3 for each correct answer.
- The SRM Institute has also increased the number of SRMJEEE 2021 examination centers to 132, which stood at 123 last year.
- The SRM Ghaziabad (NCR) campus in PCM has also been reduced to an aggregate of 50%. The minimum qualifying mark was 55 percent last year.
- The application fee for the SRMJEEE 2021 application has been increased to INR 1100. It was INR 900 earlier.
- At this point, during SRMJEEE Registration, the Aadhaar Card must be scanned and uploaded by the candidates.
SRMJEEE 2021 Application Form
SRMJEEE 2021 Application Form is published by the SRM university. The SRMJEEE 2021 application form begins with registration. Applicants must first sign up at srmist.edu.in, fill in the online form and pay fee before last date via the direct link below. Keep login credentials secure and check results later to download the hall ticket. Here you can find details about SRMJEEE 2021, including registration, fees, links and how you can apply.
How to apply for SRMJEEE 2021
SRMJEEE (UG) application form can be filled by any of the options-
Option 1: Apply online with e-payment
Option 2: Fill the OMR form and send it to the following address by safe means.
The Directorate of Admissions,
SRM Institute of Science and Technology (SRM University),
Kattankulathur, Kancheepuram District,
Tamil Nadu 603203.
The SRMJEEE 2021 online application form can be filled in at https:/applications.srmist.edu.in and paid online. However, you can download the application form on the official website for the offline form.
Steps for Online Application Form
The steps to complete the online application form SRMJEEE 2021 are as follows:
- Register for SRMJEEE 2021: Registering for the exam is the first step. Applicants must provide their birth date, name, email ID, phone number, and their chosen password for this. After successfully registering for the exam, applicants will receive a unique ID and password for their email ID and phone number. Applicants must make sure that they correctly fill in the phone number and email ID as it will be used for all future purposes.
- Login to the official website: Once applicants have received an ID and a password, they must log in to complete the SRMJEEE 2021 application form.
- Filling out the details in the SRMJEEE application form: Applicants will be asked to enter all required personal, academic and address related details after logging into the account.
- Pay SRMJEEE Application Fee: Applicants will be able to pay the SRMJEEE 2021 application fee by means of an online voucher code or e-payment. The application fee for SRMJEEE will be around Rs 1,100. After successful payment, students will be able to access the SRMJEEE 2021 application form.
- Upload scanned documents: Applicants must upload, along with their latest photo and signature, all the required documents, etc.
Instructions to Fill Offline Application Form
- The applicant should fill out the form in his own handwriting.
The only original application should be posted.
- Write in the boxes wherever provided with a black ink ballpoint pen. Darken the alphabet/numeral/oval only with the HB pencil.
- If you want to change a marking, erase completely the darkened spot and make a new mark.
- Don’t scribble, cut, tear or erase the form.
- Place a recent, good-quality color photo with a light colored background.
- An incomplete application or application in a language other than English shall be dismissed.
- Options, once filled in cannot be changed at a later stage.
- Retain photocopy for future correspondence of SRMJEEE application form.
Write down your name as indicated in your 10th standard school certificate in CAPITAL LETTERS. In a box, write only one letter. Do not leave a blank box between a word’s letters. One box between two consecutive words of your name should be left blank. If there are several initials on your name, leave one blank after each of them. Do not prefix Mr., Ms., etc. with your name.
Application fee for SRMJEEE 2021
To apply for the exam, SRM University levies an application fee. Last year the university charged an amount of Rs 1100 as an application fee. As soon as the latest brochure is out the fee for the year 2021 will also be published. For the year 2021, applicants should visit the official website, i.e. srmist.edu.in, to stay updated on the same. The amount may or may not change.
- Application fee can be paid via online and offline mode.
- The registration fee will be Rs. 1100/- for all category applicants.
- Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of SRMIST, payable at Chennai and send it along with the application form in given address:
Directorate of Admissions,
SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM university), Kattankulathur,
Tamil Nadu- 603203
Documents Required for SRMJEEE
As per the provided specifications, the applicant must upload the scanned copies of the following documents.
- Recent Photograph
- 10th Mark Sheet
- 12th Mark Sheet
- Graduation Mark sheet (For M.Tech Admission)
- Aadhar Card
Specification of Required Documents:
The uploaded documents should be in accordance with the specifications provided, otherwise, the organizing officials would not have accepted the application form.
Passport Size Photograph: With a focus on the face, the photograph should have a clear background.
Signature: Make sure your image of the signature is recognizable and matches your attempt at real-time.
The dimensions and other image guidelines to be uploaded are described below—
|Passport Size Photograph||1 mb||JPG/JPEG||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm|
|Signature||1 mb||JPG/JPEG||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm|
- Applicants must use only one email throughout the admission process until they have successfully completed the enrollment process.
- Applicants may edit their SRMJEEE form, with the exception of email and mobile number, once it is fully submitted.
- The course/branch selection is collected for statistical analysis only. The final course/branch allocation is done on the day of counseling.
- For each SRM Campus, applicants do not need to complete multiple forms, only one form and a single counseling process will be performed.
SRMJEEE Eligibility Criteria 2021
The SRM specifies certain minimum circumstances to be fulfilled by candidates in order to take part in the entrance examination. The following facts examine the main conditions that must be met in order to show up in the SRMJEEE 2021 exam depending on the eligibility for B.Tech admissions from last year’s SRMJEEE exam.
Before applying for the exam, students must check the SRMJEEE eligibility criteria:
- Qualified to apply are residents of India, NRIs, PIO/OCI card holder issued by Government of India.
- NRIs, holders of a PIO/OCI card issued by the Government of India who have not taken the SRMJEEE examination, must apply only in the category of international students.
- Passed in 10+2 or appearing in the present academic year with PCM/PCB as core subject from any state board within India, CBSE, ISCE.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with a diploma in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology / Botany & Zoology/ Biotechnology as major subjects in any international schools.
- Candidates not studying mathematics in 11 and 12 are eligible only for biotechnology and genetic engineering programs.
Candidates who have reached the age of 17 on 31 December of the year of admission are eligible to apply for SRMJEEE (UG) 2021.
Campus-specific and Programme-specific Eligibility Criteria
|University||Campus||Aggregate of PCM||Aggregate of PCB|
|SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai||Kattankulathur|
|SRM Institute of Science and Technology, AP||Amaravati||60%||Not Applicable|
|SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Haryana||Sonepat||50%||Not Applicable|
Note: Admission will only be regarded for those applicants who did pass the qualifying examination in no more than 2 attempts, including the appearance of improvement.
SRMJEEE 2021 Exam Pattern
Details about how the pattern of the exam has evolved during the last few years can be checked by referring to previous year papers of the exam. Here are the key aspects of the SRMJEEE 2021 exam pattern based on the previous year question papers.
Specifics of how the exam pattern has progressed over the last few years can be inspected by referring to exam papers from the previous year. Based on the past year’s question papers, here are the key elements of the SRMJEEE 2021 exam pattern.
- Time Duration: Exam duration will be two and half hour duration.
- Type of Questions: In the exam, multiple choice questions will be asked.
- Exam Mode: The assessment will be carried out using the online (CBT) mode.
- Total Marks: 315 Marks will be in the question paper.
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be provided for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: The exam will not have any negative markings.
- Language: The question paper will only be in English.
In the table given, applicants can verify the test structure:
Candidates can check test structure in the given table:
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
How to Prepare for SRMJEEE?
The applicant must have deep understanding of the Syllabus for the SRMJEEE test before beginning preparation. The next thing after learning the syllabus is to get information about the pattern of the exam. Different subjects have different weightings, so priority, based on their respective weightings, should be given.
- Applicants have to go through the pattern and syllabus of the examination.
- Create a time table and follow it every day.
- Applicants can make brief notes on the subjects and review them on a daily basis.
- Solving question papers and sample papers from the previous year.
- Solve and go through online lectures with mock tests.
- In the course of your preparation, take care of your health.
Books Required To Prepare for SRMJEEE Exam
Although a broad range of books are widely available, choosing from them can be difficult and confusing at times. We have proposed a list of significant books for SRMJEEE 2021 preparations below to save time wasted in scanning through multiple books.
Important Books for Mathematics
|Book Name and Author|
|Mathematics Class 12 (Part 1 and Part 2) by RD Sharma|
|Plane Trigonometry Part 1 and part 2 by SL Loney|
|Higher Algebra by Hall & Knight|
|Problems in Calculus by I.A. Maron|
Important Books for Physics
|Book Name and Author|
|The concept of Physics Part 1 by HC Verma|
|The concept of Physics Part 2 by HC Verma|
|Understanding Physics Series by DC Pandey|
Important Books for Chemistry
|Book Name and Author|
|Organic Chemistry by OP Tandon|
|Inorganic Chemistry by OP Tandon|
|Numerical Chemistry by P. Bahadur|
Important Books for Biology
|Book Name and Author|
|Complete NEET Guide Biology by MTG Editorial Board|
SRMJEEE 2021 Syllabus
- The question paper is split into five sections – physics, chemistry, math, biology, english and Aptitude.
- Applicants should understand that although the paper sections in Physics and Chemistry are obligatory, they can decide whether to attempt the Mathematics or Biology section.
- Applicants must try the Biology section for admission to courses such as Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics and Genetic Engineering and their score in this section will only be considered.
- Questions are premised on the same knowledge at 10+2 (Qualification Exam) level from four subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics, English and Aptitude.
SRMJEEE Syllabus for Physics
|Electronics and Communication||Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics||Atomic Physics and Relativity|
|Electricity and Magnetism||Ray and Wave Optics and Magnetism||Heat and Thermodynamics|
|Oscillations and Wave Motion||Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids||Mechanics|
|Units and Measurement|
SRMJEEE Syllabus for Chemistry
|Chemistry in Everyday Life||Biomolecules||Polymers|
|Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen||Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen||Hydrocarbons|
|Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry||Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds||Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis|
|Chemical Thermodynamics||Chemical Energetics||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|Atomic Structure||Chemical Families – Periodic Properties||States of Matter|
|Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry|
SRMJEEE Syllabus for Mathematics
|Trigonometry||Probability||Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion|
|Vector Algebra||Conic Sections in Two Dimensions||Straight Lines in Two Dimensions|
|Circles in Two Dimensions||Differential Equations||Integral Calculus|
|Applications of Differential Calculus||Differential Calculus||Sequences and Series|
|Binomial Theorem and its Applications||Mathematical Induction and its Applications||Permutations and Combinations|
|Quadratic Equations||Applications of Matrices and Determinants||Matrices and Determinants|
|Complex Numbers||Sets, Relations and Functions||–|
SRMJEEE Syllabus for Biology
|Taxonomy of Angiosperm||Plant Anatomy||Cell Biology and Genetics|
|Biotechnology||Plant Physiology||Biology in Human Welfare|
|Modern Genetics and Animal Biotechnology||Environmental Science||Applied Biology|
|Theories of Evolution|
SRMJEEE 2021 Admit Card
In the second week of April 2021, students will be able to book their slots. Applicants may use the online mode to access their hall ticket. Check all the information listed on one SRMJEEE admit card. On the day of the examination, bring your admit card with one valid Photo ID proof. If the admit card is printed, take it and keep it safe for any future procedures.
How to download the Admit Card for SRMJEEE 2021?
By accessing it through SRMIST’s website, students can download their admit cards/hall tickets and print multiple photocopies for any near term use. To download it the following steps must be undertaken:
- Log on to SRMJEEE’s official site.
- Click on the SRMJEEE 2021 Admit Card download link provided.
- You are forwarded to the download page for the SRMJEEE 2021 Admit Card.
- Provide your requested SRMJEEE Application Number and other information. It will now show the SRMJEEE 2021 Admit Card on the window.
- Download SRMJEEE 2021 Admit Card and print it.
SRMJEEE 2021 Exam Centres
The entrance test will be held in various Indian and foreign cities. SRMJEEE 2021 will be held in approximately 132 test cities in India and 5 outside India centres. Individuals must choose their favorite exam city choice when filling in the application form. In order to avoid travel, applicants must pick the exam city near their place of residence. Applicants cannot alter the examination city once their application form has been submitted.
Documents Required at SRMJEEE 2021 Exam Centre
Applicants must carry documents necessary to the Exam Centre, such as Admit Card, Government ID Proof. The applicant will not be permitted in the Examination Hall without these.
SRMJEEE 2021 Result
The authority will reveal the result on the website via the online mode. In the first week of May 2021, students can check the SARMJEEE outcome. Students can find their entire India ranking with the scores in the results.
The result will also be sent to the applicants under their registered email ID or mobile number. Applicants can use the application number and password to verify their results. Take the result’s printout and preserve it for any future purpose.
How do I download SRMJEEE Result 2021?
- Log on to the actual SRM University website.
- Submit your application number for SRMJEEE 2021, programs requested, and date of birth.
- Upon entering the details requested after logging in, students will be able to check their All India Rank.
Applicants must properly note down their rank and for future reference take a printout of the scorecard. The rank provided to the applicant in SRMJEEE 2021 Result will be regarded as final for B.Tech courses for counseling and all future admission processes.
SRMJEEE 2021 Merit List
The merit list will be revealed after the publication of the SRMJEEE 2021 results. It will be evaluated with the help of the total marks awarded to all applicants and of the number of applicants who have reported for the examination. The applicants for the counselling process will only be given a ranking.
SRMJEEE 2021 Cut Off
- Together with the results, the SRMJEEE 2021 Cut off will be published.
- It will be announced in the form of a score card.
- It can be downloaded by applicants from the actual www.srmist.edu.in website.
- A mark range correlating to the rank range from previous years’ score cards is given in the following table:
|Above 250||Below 2000|
|230 – 250||2000 – 5000|
|200 – 229||5001 – 9000|
|170 – 199||9001 – 13000|
|150 – 169||13001 – 15000|
|130 – 149||1500-1 – 17000|
|Less than 130||Above 17000|
The following factors will be the basis of the SRMJEEE 2021 Cut Off:
- The amount of SRMJEEE 2021 applicants.
- Cut off trends in the previous year.
- The level of difficulty of the exam.
- The amount of seats that are available for a specific course.
- The overall number of candidates for a specific course.
Aspirants will be called for counseling, based on the rank of the applicant and the cutoff decided by the campus.
SRMJEEE 2021 Counselling
SRM University will disclose the schedule and venues for SRMJEEE Counselling after the declaration of results. The following data that remains true for the counseling process must be noted by applicants:
Reporting as per Rank – Shortlisted candidates will be called to report to the center assigned to them according to their rank in SRMJEEE 2021 for the counseling procedure. For the 7000 seats, there might be two rounds of counseling. A second round will take place only when there are vacant seats after the completion of the first round.
Document Verification – He/she will have to get his/her documents verified after applicant reports are allocated to him/her at the counseling center. Whenever requested, applicants will have to bring their documents with them and only give correct and valid documents. During the counselling process, applicants will display the following documents:
- SRMJEEE 2021 Rank Card
- SRMJEEE 2021 Admit Card
- Counseling Call Letter
- Marks sheet of class X
- Marks sheet of class XII
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Demand draft for fee payment
Seat Allocation: Candidates will only be allocated seats with the payment of INR 1,00,000 upon verification of their documents.
Candidates must recognize that their assigned seat will be provided to the next deserving candidate if they fail to deliver the documents or the right amount of admission fees. Candidates must also note that an invitation for the counseling process does not guarantee a B.Tech seat.
SRMJEEE 2021 Scholarships Offered
SRM University, on the basis of marks in class 12 and state domicile, offers scholarships to meritorious applicants. Applicants must take note of the following rules that apply to scholarships:
|Scholarship Name||Eligibility||Percent of Scholarship||Percent of Scholarship||Percent of Scholarship|
|SRM Founder’s Scholarship||· AIR in top 100 of SRMJEEE merit list · AIR in top 1000 of IITJEE (Main) · District Topper in Tamil Nadu · State Board Toppers in HSC · Exemplary sports persons at National / International Level||100%||100%||100%|
|SRM Merit Scholarship||Rank 101 to 500 in SRMJEEE||75%||–||–|
|SRM Merit Scholarship||Rank 501 to 1000 in SRMJEEE||50%||–||–|
|Socio-Economic Scholarship||To be determined by the scholarship committee||25% to 100%||–||–|
|Differently-abled Scholarship||To be determined by the scholarship committee||25% to 100%||–||–|
|SRM Arts and Culture Scholarship||Must possess exemplary skills in literary and fine arts||25% to 100%||–||–|
About SRM (deemed to be) University
On the official website of the institute, SRM (deemed to be) University is identified as a place for learning, discovery, innovation, expression and discourse. The Varsity traces its origins to the beginning of 1969. Then in 2002, the SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, was approved by UGC as a university under Section 03 of the 1956 UGC Act.
In Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Vadapalani Campus (all in and around Chennai) and in Modinagar, NCR, Delhi, the University currently has 52,000 plus students and more than 3200 faculty across the campuses.
In six departments, including Engineering & Technology, the institute offers different UG, PG, and Doctoral courses.
Find out the key facts about SRM University below.
|Placements||Top salary US $200,000 offered to NANO Researcher Mr. Shivaraman at California, USA.|
Nearly 100% placement of registered students
|Infrastructure||Over 600 acres with Hostels with premium facilities, endless convenience on campus including ATM’s, bookstores, dining options, cafeterias, prayer halls, gym and more.|
|Scholarships||Fee waiver of 50% to students with above 95% in CBSE or in State Board examinations.|
Founder’s Scholarship available
|Accreditation||Accredited by NAAC with the Highest ‘A++’ Grade|
SRM Institute of Science and Technology
SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur,
Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu – 603203
SRMJEEE 2021 FAQ
I have added my incorrect marks to the SRMJEEE registration form. How could I change this?
The SRMJEEE conducting authority does not offer the candidates with any formal correction facility. Before late deadline, you must ensure the accuracy of the data. Through your dashboard, in case of any error, and submit the details of the corrections to be made. The modifications will be made after their completion.
Are the dates for the SRMJEEE 2021 mode for online and offline applications different?
Yes, the last application date for online and offline modes is different. The dates of the announcement must be updated here.
In order to apply for SRMJEEE 2021, are there any age limit criteria?
Candidates who have reached the age of 17 on 31 December of the year of admission are eligible to apply for SRMJEEE (UG) 2021.
When and how can I download the SRMJEEE 2021 admit card?
From the 3rd week of April 2021, the Admit Card will be available online. To download the admit card, applicants can log in using their registration number and date of birth.
I belong to the SC category, will I get some relaxation in the criteria for eligibility?
No, such relaxation do not exists for students in the reserved category.
I have a Mechanical Engineering diploma. Am I able to apply for SRMJEEE?
No, diploma holders can not apply for SRMJEEE 2021 according to the SRM eligibility criteria.
At the examination center, what ID evidence should be shown?
If you have a valid photo admit card issued by SRMJEEE, there is no need for any other proof of identification.
What is SRMJEEE’s NRI Quota?
Foreign nationals, PIO card holders, NRI students and NRI sponsored applicants are reserved for around 15 percent of SRM University seats.
Can I apply for both JEE Main and JEE SRM? Is it possible to prepare for both exams simultaneously?
The exam pattern and syllabus for both exams are based on the science syllabus of class 11 and class 12. There’s no need to prepare for both exams separately. The same mock tests and research from the same reference books can be carried out.
Can I use Demand Draft to remit the fee?
Yes, applicants may send a duly completed application form together with the INR 1100 Demand Draft drawn in favor of SRMIST, payable in Chennai.
Does the SRMJEEE 2021 Exam have negative markings?
No there is no negative marking applicable to the examination.
With 190-200 marks, what rank will I get in SRMJEEE?
|9000-13000||175 to 200|
|9000-5000||200 to 229|
|5000- 2000||229 to 250|
Can I appear in my mother tongue for SRMJEEE, i.e. Like JEE Main in Gujarati?
No, the SRMJEEE Question paper will be framed only in English language