SBI PO Syllabus 2022: The Probationary Officer (PO) exam is held by the State Bank of India to finish the recruitment process for managerial cadre positions. The exam conducting authority, or the exam’s governing body, sets the SBI PO Syllabus 2022. The SBI PO recruiting process is more tough than that of other PSU banks in India. Students who are studying for the SBI PO 2022 can review the syllabus to learn more about the topics that will be covered in the exams.
Applicants will learn about the course subjects section by section through the SBI PO Syllabus, and then they will be able to create a comprehensive study plan. The SBI PO Recruitment 2022 notification has yet to be published on the official website of the State Bank of India. The free PDF of the SBI PO syllabus will be available to download soon, along with the announcement on this page.
Prelims, Mains, and Interview are the three stages of the SBI PO Recruitment process. There are three sections of the SBI PO Prelims exam: English language, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning ability. Of the meantime, the sections in the SBI PO Mains exam include Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation, General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness, and English language.
Applicants should review the SBI PO Exam Pattern in addition to the curriculum to acquire a sense of the marking scheme, types of questions, exam time duration, and other factors. We have covered everything you need to know about the SBI PO Syllabus 2022 for the Prelims and Mains exams in this article.
Aspirants are recommended to begin their preparation as soon as possible because the SBI PO Prelims and Mains exams are regarded difficult to pass in one sitting. To learn more about SBI PO Syllabus 2022, scroll down.
SBI PO Syllabus 2022 Overview
|Name of Exam||SBI Probationary Officer (SBI PO)|
|Post Name||Probationary Officer|
|Conducting Authority||State Bank of India|
|SBI PO Negative Marking||1/4th marks deducted for every wrong answer|
|Exam Stages||Prelims, Mains & Interview|
|Duration||Prelims- 1 hour|
Mains- 3 hour (Objective) + 30 Minutes (Descriptive)
|Maximum Marks||Prelims- 100|
|Exam Medium||English and Hindi|
SBI PO Syllabus 2022: Prelims
SBI PO Prelims Exam Highlights
- There will be three sections.
- The aggregate marks achieved in the Preliminary Exam will be used to create a category-wise merit list.
- There will be no cut-off for sections. There will, however, be an overall cutoff.
- There’ll be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong response.
The SBI PO Prelims test is held online and is divided into three sections: English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability. The SBI PO Prelims exam pattern is shown below.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus for English Language
The English Language section of the SBI PO Prelims Syllabus is as follows:
LPU University, Punjab
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal Ability
- Sentence Improvement
- Word Association
- Para Jumbles
- Error Spotting
- Cloze Test
- Fill in the blanks
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
Applicants must have a basic understanding of mathematics for this section. Both the applicants’ mathematical and analytical abilities are tested in this portion. The following are the topics covered in this section:
- Profit and Loss
- Mixtures and Alligations
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Permutation, Combination
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Surds and Indices
- Work and Time
- Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
- Time & Distance, Number Systems
- Data Interpretation
- Ratio & Proportion
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus for Reasoning Ability
This portion assesses applicants’ critical and logical reasoning abilities. The following are the topics covered in this section:
- Logical Reasoning
- Alphanumeric Series
- Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test
- Data Sufficiency
- Coded Inequalities
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Coding and Decoding
SBI PO Syllabus 2022: Mains
SBI PO Mains Exam Overview
- All the questions will be objective.
- This Mains paper will be divided into four portions, each worth 200 marks.
- The SBI PO Mains Exam will be three hours long.
- Every segment of the objective examination will have its own timing.
- There will be no cut off of sections. Only an overall cutoff will be made.
- Each incorrect Multiple Choice Question will result in a 0.25 mark penalty
- It is mandatory to take the 50 marks Descriptive Paper.
Note: A student’s descriptive paper will be evaluated only if they pass the Objective test with the qualifying marks set by the Bank.
Applicants who pass the preliminary exam will be eligible to take the main exam. The mains exam consists of a 200 marks objective examination and a 50 marks descriptive test. The SBI PO Mains objective test is divided into four sections. The SBI PO Mains exam pattern is mentioned below.
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern (Objective Test)
Chandigarh University, Punjab
|Sections||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Total time duration|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern (Descriptive Test)
|Subject||No. of Questions/Max Marks||Time Duration|
|English Language – Letter Writing & Essay||2 Questions/ 50 Marks||30 Minutes|
SBI PO Mains Syllabus for English Language
The candidates’ command of English grammar and vocabulary is tested in this part. The following are the subjects covered in the English Language section:
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Cloze Test
- Para jumbles
- Paragraph Completion
- Multiple Meaning/ Error Spotting
- Sentence Completion
- Tenses Rules
SBI PO Mains Syllabus for Reasoning
The following is the SBI PO Mains Reasoning Ability Syllabus:
- Verbal Reasoning
- Circular Seating Arrangement
- Linear Seating Arrangement
- Double Lineup
- Blood Relations
- Directions and Distance
- Ordering and Ranking
- Code Inequalities
- Data Sufficiency
- Course of Action
- Critical Reasoning
- Analytical and Decision Making
SBI PO Mains Syllabus for Data Analysis & Interpretation
The following is the SBI PO Mains Data Analysis & Interpretation Syllabus:
- Tabular Graph
- Line Graph
- Bar Graph
- Charts & Tables
- Missing Case DI
- Radar Graph Caselet
- Data Sufficiency
- Let it Case DI
- Permutation and Combination
- Pie Charts
SBI PO Mains Syllabus for General Awareness
This section assesses applicants’ knowledge of current events, banking, and the economy. The following are the many topics covered in this section:
- Current Affairs – Technology, Sports, Awards, Books & Authors, Awards, National & International Events, etc.
- Financial Awareness
- General Knowledge
- Static Awareness
- Banking Terminologies Knowledge
- Banking Awareness
- Principles of Insurance
SBI PO Mains Syllabus for Computer Aptitude
This section assesses the applicants’ basic computer hardware and software expertise. To pass this level, the candidate should have a fundamental understanding of computer operation. The following are the topics covered in this section:
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Computer Abbreviation
- Microsoft Office
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Software
- Operating System
- Computer Fundamentals/ Terminologies
- Number System
- Basic of Logic Gates
SBI PO Mains Descriptive Test Syllabus
Essay Writing and Letter Writing are the two elements of the descriptive test. In most cases, the examination will ask you to write formal or business letters. The economy, society, culture, and politics are all possible essay subjects.
SBI PO Syllabus 2022: Interview
Applicants should review the following crucial points about SBI PO GD and PI, which are listed below:
- The Group Exercises will be worth 20 marks, and the Interview will be worth 30 marks.
- Applicants in the ‘OBC’ category who qualify for Group Exercises and Interview must submit an OBC certificate with the ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ clause.
- To be considered for final selection, applicants must achieve the minimum qualifying marks in this phase.
SBI PO GD & PI Topics
The heated topics will be presented to the applicants who will be sitting for the SBI Group Discussion and Personal Interview. It will be quite beneficial if you study the Pros and Cons of the SBI PO GD & PI topic. The following are some of the topics that can be covered in the SBI PO GD and PI:
- Impact of COVID-19 in the World
- FDI in India
- Reservation System in Government Jobs.
- Water disputes
- Gold Monetisation Scheme
- Women Empowerment
- Impact of Brexit
- Digital India
- Should cryptocurrency be made legal?
- Facebook–Cambridge Analytica data scandal
If financial questions are raised, they may be linked to NPA, such as what is NPA, its types, and how RBI and banks may handle it. Mergers of nationalised banks, how can public sector banks become more competent and profitable, and so forth. If they choose crucial non-financial issues/topics. It could be relevant to our country and national affairs.
SBI PO 2022 Final Selection
The following factors are taken into account when calculating the final score for the SBI PO Exam:
- The results of the Preliminary Exam (Phase-1) will not be used in the selection process.
- To be eligible for Phases 2 and 3, applicants must first qualify for Phase 1.
- Aspirants’ marks in the SBI PO Mains Exam (out of 250) are converted to out of 75, while their marks in Group Exercises and Interview (out of 50) are transformed to out of 25. This results in a new total score of 100 (Mains + GD/PI).
- For each category, the final merit list is based on the total score out of 100. Applicants with the highest merit rank in each category are chosen at the end.
SBI PO Exam 2022 Preparation Tips
Based on the SBI PO syllabus for prelims and mains exams, students should examine the following study recommendations for better preparation for the upcoming bank exams:
- Each part of the SBI PO Prelims and Mains tests is given a specific amount of time. Applicants must schedule their preparations in accordance with the same time frame.
- Solving SBI PO past year papers will also help applicants. Aspirants will be able to grasp the exact test pattern for both the prelims and mains tests based on the SBI PO syllabus by studying previous year papers.
- One should go over the SBI PO syllabus carefully and identify their strengths and shortcomings before taking the test. A student can only obtain good overall results if they devote equal time to each section of the exam.
- SBI PO mock examinations must be taken on a regular basis by students. Candidates are able to evaluate their performance while also revising the entire SBI PO syllabus in accordance with the latest exam pattern.
- Studentst should read newspapers, magazines, and journals to improve their communication and grammar abilities. This will also help you pass the general awareness section of the SBI PO mains test.
- According to the amended test pattern, the State Bank of India has reduced sectional cut offs for both the prelims and mains exams. As a result, students must read the SBI PO curriculum thoroughly and prepare themselves properly in order to achieve the greatest possible score in the section of the exam in which they excel.
Best Books for SBI PO Preparation
In the following section, we’ve highlighted some of the top books for SBI PO preparation:
SBI PO Books for English Preparation
|Bank PO English Language Chapterwise Solved Papers||Arihant Experts|
|Objective General English (Old Edition)||R S Aggarwal|
|Objective English for Competitive Examination||Hari Mohan Prasad, Uma Sinha|
SBI PO Books for Reasoning Preparation
|Bank PO Reasoning: Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 to till Date 7330+Objective Questions||Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan, Pratiyogita Kiran, KICX|
|Chapterwise Solved Papers 2000-2015 Bank PO REASONING||Arihant Experts|
|Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams (Objective with Subjective)||Soumya Ranjan Behera|
|Bank PO Reasoning Chapterwise Solved Papers||Arihant Experts|
SBI PO Books for Computer Awareness
|Book Name||Author/ Publisher|
|Objective Computer Awareness||R Pillai Arihant|
|Objective Question Bank of Computer Awareness for General Competitions||Arihant|
SBI PO Books for Quantitative Aptitude Preparation
|Chapterwise Solved Papers 2000-2015 Bank PO QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE||Arihant Experts|
|Shortcuts in Quantitative Aptitude with 4 eBooks for Competitive Exams||Disha Experts|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R S Aggarwal|
|Bank PO Quantitative Aptitude Chapterwise Solved Papers||Arihant Experts|
SBI PO Books for General Awareness
|Book Name||Author/ Publisher|
|Banking Awareness for SBI/IBPS Bank Clerk/PO/SO/RRB & RBI exams||Disha Publications|
|Banking Awareness||RPH Editorial Board Ramesh Publishing House|
SBI PO Syllabus 2022 FAQ’S
What is the marking scheme of SBI PO exam 2022?
- Prelims will be 100 marks exam
- Mains will be 250 marks exam
- GD and PI will be 50 marks exams.
When can I apply for the SBI PO exam 2022?
Candidates can apply for the SBI PO 2022 on the official website once the announcement is posted.
Is there any sectional cutoff for each section in the SBI PO Exam?
No, the Sectional Cutoff for the SBI PO Prelims and Mains examinations has been withdrawn by the State Bank of India.
Is there any negative marking in the SBI PO exam?
Yes, each incorrect response would result in a 0.25 marks deduction for the applicants.
What will be the total number of questions in SBI PO Preliminary & Mains exams?
The SBI PO Prelims test will have 100 questions, whereas the SBI PO Mains test will have 155 questions (excluding the Descriptive Paper).
What is the Syllabus of SBI PO Descriptive Paper?
The purpose of the SBI PO Descriptive examination is to evaluate a student’s English language abilities. Applicants will be asked to produce a Letter and an Essay for a total of 50 marks. The descriptive test is more of a qualifying examination.
Are the SBI PO Prelims marks considered for the final selection of Probationary Officers?
No, the Prelims exam is only for qualifying purposes. Those who pass the Prelims exam will be qualified to take the Mains exam. The final merit list is compiled using the results of the Mains exam and the interview.
Is SBI PO Exam tough?
The SBI PO test was assessed to be moderate to difficult last year. The sections on data interpretation and reasoning were extremely tough to moderate, whilst the portions on English and general awareness were simple.