The Karnataka state government announces a number of scholarship programs to assist students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. The Vidyasiri Scholarship is one of many that help students from lower socioeconomic statuses, such as SC/ST/PWD.
If they meet the requirements, students who are struggling financially yet want to continue their education through matriculation and further education can apply for a Vidyasiri scholarship. The Department of Backward Class Welfare has announced the scholarship announcement for the academic year 2021–2022.
To assist students in post-matriculation studies, the Vidyasiri scholarship is divided into three different types of programmes.
- Hostel fees or lodging are free for post-matriculating students.
- For SSLC/secondary PUC, there is the Prathibha Puraskar Scholarship.
- PMS, FAAS, FC, and NUR receive complete course fee concessions.
Table of Contents
Vidyasiri Scholarship 2022: Highlights
The main points of the Vidyasiri Scholarship are listed below.
|Launched By||Government of Karnataka|
Vidyasiri Scholarship 2022: Notification
The Vidyasiri Scholarship, which aims to assist students who are financially challenged in finishing their education, includes an application form that was made available by the Karnataka government. Before January 31, 2022, students who are interested in applying may do so. However, applicants for the Karnatak Vidyasiri Scholarship 2022 must meet the prerequisites.
|Vidyasiri Scholarship||Important Dates|
|Application Begins||May 2021|
|Last Date||January 31, 2022|
Vidyasiri Scholarship 2022: Eligibility Criteria
The qualifications to be eligible for a scholarship under the Vidyasiri scholarship programme are stated by the Department of Backward Classes Welfare. The criteria are based on the candidates’ residence, financial situation, and academic credentials. The following list of programmes and their eligibility requirements:
Vidyasiri Scholarship Free Hostel Accommodation Scholarship Eligibility
- The Government of Karnataka has proposed that students from underrepresented groups, such as SC, ST, OBC, and PWD, be granted protection against scholarship discrimination. The state government offers applicants from the underprivileged classes free housing fees.
- Candidates who completed class 10 and wish to pursue further study are invited to apply for the Vidyasiri scholarship, which provides free housing.
Vidyasiri Scholarship Prathibha Puraskar Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must fulfil the necessary prerequisites. The following criteria apply:
- Candidates for the Prathibha Puraskar scholarship must be native Karnataka town residents.
- Must attend colleges and schools in Karnataka, whether they are public or private.
- being a member of a class that falls under category 1, 2A, 3A, or 3B, such as BC, SC, or ST.
- Students taking the March exam in 2021 must have at least a 90 per cent score in the SSLC or secondary PUC exam.
- For applicants to the Prathibha Puraskar scholarship, annual income is important. The family’s annual income should not be less than 2.5 lakhs for category 1. The annual income requirement for categories 2A, 3A, and 3B is up to one lakh.
Vidyasiri Scholarship Full course Fee Scholarship Eligibility
It is crucial to complete prerequisites in order to receive a full scholarship for the course. These are the criteria.
- Karnataka resident for life.
- Must continue their education after matriculation in programmes that the State of Karnataka has recognized.
- Students must achieve a grade of at least 90 and keep a 75 percent attendance rate.
- For SC/ST candidates, the family’s annual income should not be less than two lakh rupees.
- For candidates who are BC or PWD, the family’s annual income should not be less than one lakh.
Vidyasiri Scholarship – Last Date
In the table presented below all the important dates about Vidyasiri Scholarship are given. All the students who are interested can check these dates and those who are eligible can apply as per the instructions given by the Vidyasiri Scholarship portal.
|Vidyasiri Scholarship notification Released On|
|Last Date to Apply for VIdyasiri Scholarship||31st October 2020|
|Fresh Hostel Registration Released date||1st February 2021|
|Last Date to Apply for Hostel||10th February 2021|
|Fresh & Renewal Registrations for|
PMS FAAS, FC, and NUR Date
|31s October 2020|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
Vidyasiri Scholarship 2022: Documents Required
Students must submit the necessary paperwork to the Government of Karnataka’s Department of Backward Classes Welfare. The records are
- Income certificate for the Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate (SSLC) is granted annually by a Gazetted Officer.
- Certificate for the community issued by the sub- or Tahsildar.
- a college or university-issued transfer certificate.
- a candidate’s bank account information from their passbook.
- Photos from a recent passport for identity.
Vidyasiri Scholarship 2022: How to Apply?
Visit the official website to submit an online Vidyasiri scholarship application.
Before applying for the position, candidates are urged to thoroughly read all of the instructions. Any inaccuracies or false representations about personal information could result in the scholarship application being rejected.
- www.karepass.cgg.gov.in> is the official website.
- On the Home page, you can find three scholarship programme plans.
- To enter a specific scheme, choose the proper scheme and “click.”
- Fill in the appropriate fields with false personal information and confirm it.
- Assure the accuracy of your Aadhar number, annual income information, and other data.
- If any, a separate field is provided for candidates with disabilities to fill out.
- Now, press the “Submit” button to submit your scholarship application.
- The scholarship administration department has generated a new registration number.
- Keep the number on hand for future use.
Vidyasiri Scholarship 2022: How to Check Application Status
Students can log in to the website to learn more about the progress of their application on the official portal. You can track the progress of your scholarship application using the application registration number.
- www.karepass.cgg.gov.in> is the official website.
- The word “student services” can be found on the front page.
- Enter your information in the “Vidyasiri application status” field on the “student services” page.
- Candidates must input their date of birth, academic year, SSLC information, and application number in the new window.
- Make sure the information is input accurately, then click “obtain status.”
- The screen shows the status of the active application.
|Odisha Scholarship||National Scholarships||Aikyashree Scholarship|
|Pre Matric Scholarship||ePass Scholarship||NMMS Scholarship|
Vidyasiri Scholarship 2022: Scholarship Amount
Based on eligibility and financial need, the selected candidates are given the scholarship money. The sum is disclosed as
- Hostel accommodation fee: Based on the students’ merit lists, qualified candidates are given their hostel accommodation fees.
- Full course scholarship: The programme offers compensation to a qualified applicant. The programme has benefited 20,000 pupils. Each year, DBCW chooses qualified applicants based on their exceptional academic credentials and financial situation and then releases the entire course fee as a scholarship.
- The Prathibha Puraskar scholarship programme benefits 1500 students. 1000 SSLC students receive Rs. 10,000, while 500 secondary PUC students receive Rs. 15,000. The scholarship is awarded solely on the basis of merit.
Vidyasiri Scholarship 2022: Education Stream Covered
The following educational streams are covered by scholarships for qualified applicants. Let’s consider the courses that have been implemented for the Vidhyasiri Scholarship 2022 scheme variants.
- courses for graduate and postgraduate students, such as the M. Postdoctoral programmes in veterinary and allied sciences, engineering, architecture, agriculture, fashion, and other fields of study.
- courses leading to a postgraduate diploma in management and medical.
- I.C.W.A./C.S., I.C.F.A., and C.A.
- degree programmes in paramedical fields such as pharmacy, nursing, and rehabilitation.
- graduate-level courses in hospital management, catering, travel, tourism, and mass communication, among other topics.
- Post-matriculation level in 3-year diploma programmes, ITIs, and polytechnics, as well as non-degree programmes
Vidyasiri Scholarship – Post-Matric Courses
Scholars who are pursuing the following courses can apply for this scheme:
Group A Comprises the Following Courses
- Degree and P.G level courses including M.Phil., PhD and Post-Doctoral research in Medicine (Indian, Allopath and other acknowledged systems of medicine), Engineering, Planning, Technology, Design, Architecture, Fashion Technology, Veterinary, and Allied Sciences, Agriculture, Management, Computer Science/ Applications, Business Finance/ Administration.
- P.G Diploma courses in different branches of management and medicine.
- Commercial Pilot License (including multi-engine rating and helicopter pilot) courses.
- M.Phil., PhD and Postdoctoral Programmers (D.Litt., D.Sc., etc.)
- C.A/ I.C.W.A/C.S. /I.C.F. A etc.
Group B Comprises the Following Courses
- U.G courses leading to Degree, Certificate, Diploma in areas like Pharmacy Nursing (B Nursing), (B. Pharma), BFS, LLB, other paramedical branches like diagnostics, rehabilitation etc., Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Commercial Art, Mass Communication, Nutrition & Dietetics, Interior Decoration, Financial services (e.g., Banking, Taxation, Insurance etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum 12th standard (Sr. Secondary).
- P.G courses e.g., MA/ M.com/ M.Sc./M.Ed./M. are not covered under Group Pharma., etc.
Group C: All the programs covered under Group A and courses leading to degrees under Group B are not covered e.g., BA/B.Sc./B. Com etc.
Group D: All post-matriculation programs (non-degree) are covered for which the qualification required is High School (Class X) e.g., Senior Secondary Certificate (Class XI and XII); ITI courses, both general and vocational stream, 3-year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.
Vidhyasiri Scholarship 2022: FAQs
Ans. The Department of Backward Classes Welfare of the State of Karnataka administers the scholarship programme. Scholarships are available to qualified applicants who submit the necessary paperwork to pursue higher education.
Ans. Within the Vidyasiri Scholarship, there are different scheme variants, and the notification for application deadlines changes accordingly. Applications for the Prathibha Puraskar scholarship open in June 2022, those for the hostel fee/accommodation in May 2022, and those for new and renewed registration open in October 2022. The dates for the school year 2022 are merely estimates.
Ans. Students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds with low annual incomes are eligible to apply for the Vidhyasiri scholarship. To receive the same grade, students must achieve more than 90 per cent and keep a 75 per cent attendance rate.
Ans. Candidates routinely check www.karepass.cgg.gov.in for information and updates to confirm notification and application status. The official website should be checked daily by candidates for any updates.
Ans. The Vidhyasiri Scholarship is only available to Karnataka residents. The Vidhyasiri scholarship is not open to residents of states other than Karnataka.
Ans. The Vidyasiri scholarship, which awards Rs. 10,000 to up to 1000 qualifying SSLC candidates and Rs. 15,000 to up to 500 secondary PUC students, is what Prathibha Puraskar received.
Ans. Visit the official webpage on “students services” if you are a student who has applied for the Vidyasiri scholarship. To check the progress of an application, provide the necessary information, such as name, registration number, date of birth, and academic information.
Ans. Candidates for the Vidyasiri scholarship may follow the suggested courses. Students can visit the official website to learn about course requirements for scholarships. A scholarship programme is used to fund educational pursuits from post-matriculation education to postgraduate and postdoctoral course programmes.
Ans. Aadhar card, family income certificate, community certificate, academic qualification data, date of birth, and other documents are required in order to apply for a scholarship. The official website is where students may check for any updates.