NDA Application Form: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) organises the National Defence Academy (NDA) to recruit candidates for the Indian armed forces. The exam will be held twice a year, with qualified candidates being accepted into the Indian Military, Navy, and Air Force.
Only online applications are accepted. For reserved category and female candidates, there is no application fee. Other category candidates must pay an application fee of INR 100/-. The application fee for NDA 2 2022 is non-refundable. Applicants will be given the opportunity to withdraw their applications.
We have provided detailed information about the NDA 2022 Application form and the steps for filling out the online application form in this article.
Table of Contents
Important Dates for NDA Exam 2022
Candidates who are studying for the NDA 1 and NDA 2 exams should check the exam dates and schedule their studies accordingly.
|Events||NDA 1 Dates||NDA 2 Dates|
|Notification of Release||December 22, 2021||May 18, 2022|
|Availability of Application Form||December 22, 2021||May 18, 2022|
|Last date to Apply||January 11, 2022||June 07, 2022|
|Application Withdrawal||January 18-24, 2021||June 2022 (Expected)|
|Availability of Admit card||March 14, 2022||August 2022 (Expected)|
|NDA 2022 Exam||April 10, 2022||September 4, 2022|
|Result Declaration||June 2022 (Expected)||November 2022 (Expected)|
Steps to Fill NDA Application Form 2022
Candidates can check the steps for completing the UPSC NDA application form.
NDA Registration: Part 1
The first part of the registration is broken down into four pages.
Page 1: Candidate Information
- Name – Candidates must fill out the NDA application form 2022 with their full name as it appears on their matriculation/secondary examination certificate. Applicants should avoid using prefixes like Mr. or Ms.
- Gender – Choose whether you want to be a man or a woman from the dropdown menu.
- Date of Birth – The date of birth should be entered in the format DD/MM/YYYY.
- No prefixes, such as Shri or Dr., should be used in the names of the father and mother.
- Nationality – From the drop-down menu, choose a nationality.
- Marital Status- Only unmarried candidates are eligible to fill out the NDA application form 2022.
- Community – From the drop-down menu, choose SC/ST/OBC/General.
- Fee Remission – SC and ST sons of JCOs/NCOs/Ors are eligible for an exemption.
- Educational Qualification – Applicants must select their educational qualification, whether they have completed Class 12/HSC or are currently studying for it.
- Address and Email ID- Candidates should enter their address and email address carefully because it will be used to send all examination-related communications. Candidates must also provide their phone number and email address in addition to their address.
Page 2: Selecting Branch of Interest
- On this page, applicants must select their preferences for the Indian Army, Air Force, and Navy.
- Candidates must rank their preferences from 1 to 4 on a scale of 1 to 4.
- Candidates who do not want to give their preference should mark ‘0’.
- Those from Sanik/Military School, as well as sons of JCO/NCO/Other Rank Officers, must fill out the form.
- To proceed to the next page of the NDA application form 2022, click ‘Continue.’
Page 3: Double-check the information.
- Candidates must verify the information entered on the NDA 2022 application form in this section.
- Applicants should be aware that after the final submission, no changes will be accepted.
- Select I agree/disagree with the statement.
Page 4: Creating a Registration ID
- Candidates will be able to see their registration ID as well as other information such as their name, father’s name, DOB, email address, and so on.
- The candidate’s registered email address will receive an email with registration details.
- To pay the application fees offline, candidates must print their pay-in-slip in this section.
- Click the ‘Print Application Part-I’ tab to print the NDA application form.
- To pay NDA application fees, select NDA Exam Centres 2022, upload a photograph and signature, and agree to the declaration, go to Part II registration.
NDA Registration: Part 2
There are three stages in Part 2 of the NDA application form 2022.
- Payment of Application Fees
- Choosing an Examination Centre
- Uploading of Photograph and Signature
Payment of Application Fees
- Fees for the NDA 2022 application form can be paid both online and offline.
- The general and OBC categories each have a fee of INR 100. Fees are waived for SC, ST, Sons of JCOs, NCOs, and ORs.
- Applicants can pay their fees in cash or by net banking, Visa/ MasterCard/ Rupay Credit/ Debit Card at any SBI branch.
- Those paying by cash should print the system-generated pay-in-slip and deposit the fee during Part-II registration.
Choosing an Examination Centre
The UPSC publishes a list of examination centres. Candidates must choose from a list of exam cities where they will take the written exam. Candidates are encouraged to apply early because centre allocation will be done on a first-come, first-served basis.
Uploading of Photograph and Signature
The scanned signature and photograph should be in.jpg format. The file should not be larger than 40 KB and should not be smaller than 3 KB for a photograph and 1 KB for a signature.
Candidates must agree to the declaration and submit the form at the bottom of the application page. A unique registration ID will be created. Candidates must click the ‘View/Print’ link to view the application.
Documents Required for NDA Exam 2022
- Printout of the NDA application form.
- Proof of payment of fees
- Identical photographs and signatures scanned (20 to 300 KB in JPG format)
- Aadhaar card/ PAN card/ Voter Card/ School Photo ID/ Driving License/ passport photo identity card in PDF format, 20 to 300 KB in PDF format (Aadhaar card/ PAN card/ Voter Card/ School Photo ID/ Driving License/ passport)
- If you’re making an online transaction, you’ll need your bank account information.
- Class 10 and 12 marksheets and admit cards
Steps To Withdraw NDA Application Form 2022
For those who do not wish to take the exam, a withdrawal option is available. To withdraw the application form, follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website and click the ‘Apply Online’ link on the home page.
- Candidates are redirected to a page that includes a link to withdraw their application.
- Enter your registration ID, name, gender, birthdate, father’s and mother’s names, phone number, and email address.
- Depending on your preference, select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ from the drop-down menu.
- Accept the terms and conditions as written.
- Candidates’ registered mobile number and email address will receive separate OTPs.
- Candidates must print the receipt after their request for online application withdrawal is accepted.
- An auto-generated email and SMS will be sent to the candidate’s registered email id and mobile after the application is successfully withdrawn.
Reasons for Rejection of NDA Application Form 2022
- The photographs and signature image are both of poor quality.
- In the case hat photographs are used in place of signatures, and vice versa,
- If only one signature and photograph are being uploaded,
- If aspirants forget to click the ‘Final Submit’ option when registering for the NDA, they will be disqualified (II)
- When applicants fail to complete the application form, as well as the payment process.
- If the payment details are not received from the banks, the payment will be considered fictitious, and the applications may be rejected.
Steps to take if the payment details not received from the banks
If the Commission does not receive payment information from the banks, aspirants should follow the following instructions:
- To the UPSC’s Under Secretary (NDA), aspirants must submit documentary proof of payment of fees.
- They must submit the documentary proof within ten days of the date of release.
- If the commission discovers documentary proof of genuine payment, the candidates’ applications will not be rejected.
Applicants who completed their application online do not need to send any documents or certificates to the UPSC. Candidates will receive an email notification of the final submission of the NDA application form. The submitted NDA application form can be viewed by clicking the “View/Print Application” link on the home page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. What is the maximum number of times you can take the NDA Exam?
Ans. Candidates can apply for the NDA exam as many times as they want as long as they meet the other eligibility requirements.
Ques. What is the NDA selection process like?
Ans. There is a written examination first. Shortlisted candidates are then invited to the SSB interview round and medical examination, which determines their final selection.
Ques. Is it necessary to upload a photo, signature, or thumb impression?
Answer- Yes, when filling out the application form, you must upload a passport-size photo, signature, and thumb impression (if requested), or the form will be rejected. Also, double-check that the documents you’ve uploaded are in the correct resolution, as specified on the application form.
Ques. Is it necessary for me to send a hard copy of the application form?
No, candidates should not send a hard copy of their completed application forms or any other document/certificate/testimonial to the UPSC Office.