The UPPSC AE Exam 2022 has been postponed! The latest notice from the UPPSC regarding the postponement of the much-anticipated UPPSC Assistant Engineer exam 2022 has been released. The Assistant Engineer exam, which was scheduled to take place on January 23, 2022, has been postponed by the UPPSC. The UPPSC AE 2022 exam has been rescheduled to April 17, 2022. The examination will be used to fill 281 vacancies at the UPPSC.
UPPSC Assistant Engineer Exam 2022: An Overview
In the table below, some key details about the UPPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 are highlighted.
|Conducting Authority||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC)|
|Post Name||Assistant Engineer|
|Level of Exam||State|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Process of Selection||Written Test and Interview|
|Exam Language||English and Hindi|
UPPSC Assistant Engineer Exam 2021-22: Important Dates
All of the important dates for the UPPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 process are listed below, according to the official notification. The table also includes some tentative dates in addition to the official dates.
|Exam related Events||Important Dates|
|Availability of Online Application form of UPPSC AE Exam 2022||August 2021|
|Last Date for Application form submission||September 2021|
|Due date to pay the application fee||September 2021|
|Admit Card Release||To be announced|
|Exam Date||January 23, 2022 (Postponed)|
April 17, 2022 (New Date)
|Result Announcement Date||To be announced|
UPPSC AE Application Process 2022
Only an online process is available to submit an application. The board hasn’t provided any means for applicants to apply offline. To apply for this position online, the applicant should follow the steps outlined below.
- Step 1: Go to the UPPSC’s Official Website and look under Activity Dashboard for the UPPSC AE application link.
- Step 2: Fill in the details to complete your registration.
- Step 3: As instructed on the application form, upload your photograph and signature.
- Step 4: Pay the application fee for the exam.
- Step 5: Once you’ve double-checked all of the information, submit your application.
It is not possible to get a refund for the application fee. Payment Gateway is the only way to make an online payment. (Net Banking, Credit Card, and Debit Card) There is no option to pay fees in person.
|Category Name||Application Fees|
|Unreserved/Economically weaker Sections/Other||Rs. 225/-|
UPPSC Assistant Engineer Eligibility Criteria 2022
Candidates must understand the basic eligibility criteria before taking the UPPSC AE Exam 2022. No candidate will be allowed to take the exam if they do not meet the primary eligibility requirements. Candidates’ online application forms will be cancelled in this case. The following table lists the basic eligibility requirements for UPPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022.
- The maximum age limit must be 40 years
- The minimum age criteria should be 21 years
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field.
The candidate must have Indian citizenship.
Overall Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should also review the following important eligibility requirements for the UPPSC AE Exam 2022, which are listed in the table below:
|Language||Applicants should know English and Hindi|
UPPSC Assistant Engineer 2022 – Exam Syllabus
The UPPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 syllabus will include topics from the B.Tech/B.E. syllabus. The syllabus for Paper I and Paper II, excluding core subjects, is presented in a table format in the following section.
|Section Name||Topics Covered|
|Paper I – General Hindi||
|Paper-II – General Studies||
Paper I Syllabus
The core subjects for UPPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 Paper I are listed below.
|Section Name||Topics Covered|
Paper II Syllabus
The following is a list of the core subjects for UPPSC Assistant Engineer 2022 Paper-II:
|Section Name||Topics Covered|
UPPSC AE Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the UPPSC AE has been provided below.
- There will be two papers in the UPPSC AE Exam: Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- All of the questions will be multiple choice and objective.
- Paper 1 will consist of two subjects: general Hindi and a core subject paper that will be determined by your educational qualifications.
- Paper 2 will also have two subjects, General Studies and a core subject, depending on your educational background.
- Both papers will be worth 375 marks, making the total paper worth 750 marks.
- Each UPPSC AE paper is 2 hours and 30 minutes long.
No. of questions
Core Subject Paper- 1
Core Subject Paper- 2
UPPSC AE Exam: Preparation Plan
The following are some preparation tips that will assist candidates in preparing for the exam.
- Don’t forget to go over what you learned the day before. This practice will assist you in remembering all of the concepts you’ve learned up until the exam.
- Make a mental note of important points to aid your last-minute revision.
- One of the most important steps in passing the exam is to manage your time. You’ll be able to attempt all of the questions at once if you manage your time properly.
- Prioritize questions that are simple and quick to answer.
- Pay attention to your errors, analyse them, and fix them.
- Check your level of preparation by taking an online mock exam.
UPPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 Important Books
Candidates must be familiar with some good books before applying for UPPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022. Candidates can take their study strategy to new heights with the help of appropriate books. The following are some book suggestions:
|Book Name||Author’s Name|
|Lucent’s Sampurna Hindi Vyakaran Aur Rachna||Lucent Publications|
|Samanya Hindi||Arihant Publications|
|Objective General Knowledge||Lucent Publication|
|General Knowledge 2021||Manohar Pandey|
|Encyclopedia of General Science for General Competitions||Arihant Publications|
|Engineering Fundamentals – An Introduction to Engineering||Saeed Moaveni|
|Study Guide for General Engineering||G K Publications|
UPPSC Assistant Engineer 2022 Admit Card
The exam conducting body will issue an admit card after the application form has been submitted. All of the details that candidates registered on the application form during application process will be on the admit card. The UPPSC Recruitment Board usually releases the admit card a week before the exam date. Candidates must use their credentials to access the official website and download the admit card.
Applicants must follow the steps outlined below to check and download their admit card for UPPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022.
- Visit the UPPSC’s official website.
- Check out the site’s homepage for relevant information.
- Log in to the official website with your registration number and date of birth, as well as the captcha code.
- After that, select “Download Admit Card” from the drop-down menu.
- On the screen, the admit card will be displayed.
- Examine all of the information on the admit card.
- Take a printout of the admit card, which is available in PDF format.
UPPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 Answer Key
The provisional answer key for UPPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 will be released following the completion of the written test. The provisional answer key can be challenged by candidates.
The provisional and final answer keys will be available on the UPPSC’s official website. Candidates do not need to log in to download the answer key. Candidates can get an idea of their expected score in the written test by consulting the answer key.
Candidates must follow the steps outlined below to check and download the UPPSC AE Answer Key 2022.
- Go to UPPSC’s official website.
- Go to the UPPSC AE Answer Key link and click it. 2022
- Check the details after being redirected to the answer sheet page.
- Choose the name of the answer key and the set it belongs to.
- On the screen, you will see the UPPSC AE Answer Key 2022.
- Look over the details and download it in PDF format.
- You can also print it out.
UPPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment Cut Off Marks
Based on the results, the UPPSC publishes the cut-off marks. Candidates should visit the official website to learn more about the UPPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 process. Candidates must achieve the minimum qualifying marks in the written test to be considered for the interview round.
The minimum and maximum cutoff marks for each category and department from the previous year are shown below.
|Category Name||Irrigation Department (Civil) Maximum/Minimum Cut off||Mechanical Department Maximum/Minimum Cut off||Electrical Maximum/Minimum Cut off|
UPPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 Result
The written exam and interview results for UPPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 will be posted on the commission’s official website. UPPSC will only release the results online a few days after the exam is completed.
Candidates must follow the steps outlined below to check UPPSC AE Result 2022.
- Go to UPPSC’s official website.
- Move to the information boards section of the site’s homepage.
- UPPSC AE Result 2022 can be accessed by clicking on the link.
- On the specific section, enter the roll number.
- Select “Submit” from the drop-down menu.
- On the screen, you will see the UPPSC Assistant Engineer Result 2022.
- Examine the details of the outcome and save it in PDF format.
- Make a copy of the document.
UPPSC AE Salary Structure 2022
Basic pay for UPPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 will range from INR 15600 to INR 39100, with INR 5400 as the grade pay. Candidates will receive additional benefits and allowances in addition to their salary, as per the terms and conditions. The total monthly salary, including Dearness Allowance and House Rent Allowance, will be around INR 60,000. (HRA).
For the post of Assistant Engineer, the table below shows the UPPSC AE Salary Structure 2022.
|Specifics||Amount in INR|
|Dearness Allowance||As announced by UPPSC|
|House Rent Allowance||As announced by UPPSC|
|Monthly salary||INR 60,000 (approx)|
UPPSC Assistant Engineer Exam 2022 Vacancy
According to the official announcement, the UPPSC AE Exam 2022 will be used to recruit 281 candidates for the position of Assistant Engineer in various departments. Avas Evam Vikas Parishad has the most open positions (roughly 76). The department of information and public relations, on the other hand, has a minimum number of open positions. Numbers of vacancies are listed in the table below by post and department.
|Department||Name of the Post||Vacant Posts|
|Public Works Deptt. (P.W.D.)||Asstt. Engg (Civil)||36|
|Public Works Deptt. (P.W.D.)||Asstt. Engg (Electrical/Mechanical)||28|
|Housing and Urban Planning||Asstt. Engg. (Civil)||21|
|Nagar Vikas Vibhag||Asstt. Engg. (Water)/’B’ 14 Civil/Electrical||14|
|Nagar Vikas Vibhag||Asstt. Engg. (Traffic)||04|
|Agriculture Deptt.||U.P.Agriculture Service||04|
|Avas Evam Vikas Parishad||Asstt. Engg (Civil)||76|
|Avas Evam Vikas Parishad||Asstt. Engg. (Electrical)||04|
|Ground Water department||Asstt. Engg (Civil)||06|
|Ground Water department||Asstt. Engg. (Mechanical)||03|
|Minor Irrigation department||Asstt. Engg. (Agriculture)||07|
|Industrial development Deptt||Manager (Civil)||49|
|Industrial development Deptt||Manager (Electrical/ Mechanical)||05|
|Home (Police) Department||Chief Fire Officer||13|
|Information and Public Relations Department||Assistant Television Engg. (Electronics)||01|
|Rural Engg. Deptt. For SC/OBC||Asstt. Engg. (Civil)||10|
UPPSC Assistant Engineer 2022 Selection Process
Candidates will be chosen based on their performance on the written exam and the interview round. Candidates must pass all rounds of the UPPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 process to be considered for the final position. Candidates must score higher than the qualifying marks in the written exam to be considered for the interview round. Candidates, on the other hand, must pass the interview round, in which their performance will be graded out of a total of 100 marks.
- Written Test
- Personal Interview
UPPSC Assistant Engineer FAQs
According to the most recent notice posted on the UPPSC website, the AE exam will be held on April 17th, 2022.
There are 281 vacancies for UPPSC AE Recruitment 2022.
Candidates who have completed their B. E/B. Tech from a recognised university and are between the ages of 21 and 40 are eligible to apply for the UPPSC AE recruitment.
A written exam and an interview are used to select candidates for the UPPSC AE position.
The UPPSC Asst. Engg. post pays Rs. 15,600-Rs. 39,100/- with a Rs. 5400/- grade pay.
SC and OBC candidates have a reservation for a total of 10 vacancies in the UPPSC AE recruitment.