SSC JHT exam is well known as the Staff Selection Commission Junior Hindi Translator exam. Every year this exam is organized by the SSC which is a government organization responsible for conducting various exams and recruit candidates in different ministries/ departments/ organizations for various posts.
SSC JHT is a nation-wide exam, so a large no. of candidates take part in the exam from different states of the country. The purpose of this exam is to recruit candidates for the posts of Junior Hindi Translator/ Junior Translator and Senior Hindi Translator in various government ministries/ departments/ organizations.
The exam will be conducted in two phases, Phase 1 and Phase 2, both the exams are compulsory to give in order to qualify for the exam. The application for SSC JHT 2022 will be accepted online. For more details, candidates are advised to read the informations written in this article below, till the end.
SSC JHT 2022 Overview
|Name of Examination||Staff Selection Commission Junior Hindi Translator 2022|
|Popularly Known As||SSC JHT 2022|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Staff Selection Commission, New Delhi|
|Offered Posts||Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, Senior Hindi Translator|
|No. of Vacancies||To be notified|
|No. of Paper||2|
|Mode of paper||
|Language of Exam||Bilingual i.e. Hindi and English|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Types of Question||
SSC JHT 2022 Important Dates
The examination and related important dates are yet to be announced by the officials of 2022. We will update the dates accordingly, once the officials will release the dates. Till then you can check the official website regularly.
|SSC JHT 2022 Application Starts From||To be announced|
|SSC JHT 2022 Application ends on||To be announced|
|SSC JHT 2022 Admit card releasing date for Paper 1||To be announced|
|SSC JHT 2022 Exam Date (Paper 1)||To be announced|
|SSC JHT 2022 Answer Key releasing date (Paper 1)||To be announced|
|SSC JHT 2022 Result declaration date (Paper-1)||To be announced|
|SSC JHT 2022 Exam Date (Paper 2)||To be announced|
|SSC JHT 2022 Answer Key releasing date (Paper 2)||To be announced|
|SSC JHT 2022 Result declaration date (Paper-2)||To be announced|
SSC JHT 2022 Vacancy Detail
The total vacancies for the Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, and Senior Hindi Translator are yet to be announced. It is expected the exact no. of vacancies will be declared by the officials of SSC.
|Junior Hindi Translator||___|
|Senior Hindi Translator||___|
SSC JHT 2022 Salary Details
The pay scale of Junior Translators and Senior Translators under different department/ ministry/ board is given as under in the table below.
|Name of the post||Pay Scale|
|Junior Translator in AFHQ (Armed Forces Headquarters)||Level-6 (INR 35400- 112400)|
|Junior Translator in M/o Railways (Railway Board)||Level-6 (INR 35400- 112400)|
|Junior Translator (JT)/Junior Hindi Translator (JHT) in subordinate offices who have adopted Model RRs of DoP&T for JT/ JHT||Level-6 (INR 35400- 112400)|
|Junior Translator in CSOLS (Central Secretariat Official Language Service )||Level-6 (INR 35400- 112400)|
|Senior Hindi Translator in various Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ Offices||Level-7 (INR 44900- 142400)|
SSC JHT 2022 Application Form
The interested candidates can apply for the SSC JHT 2022 recruitment before the last date to apply. Candidates of SSC JHT are advised to fill the form as early as possible, do not wait for the last date. Because due to high traffic, the website usually gets crashes in the last. Here are the proper steps to apply for SSC JHT. Interested candidates who want to fill the form can go with the below-mentioned process.
Step 1: Registration
- First of all, new candidates have to register themselves on the SSC portal.
- Go to the official website of SSC and click on the ‘New Registration’ link for JHT.
- Candidates will be redirected to the registration page and there they have to fill required basic information such as name, contact no., email id, etc.
- After filling in the above details, they will have to preview the registration form. Once they preview the form click on the submit button.
- After submitting the registration form, an automated mail will be generated to share your credential details to log in to the SSC portal.
Step 2: Fill the SSC JHT Application Form
- First candidates have to log in on the SSC’s website by using their credentials.
- Fill in the registration no., password and captcha, and then submit the details.
- After login in using the credentials, you will be redirected to your application form page.
- Now some of the auto-filled details of the candidates will appear based on the details provided by them at the time of registration.
- Now fill in the other required details such as a permanent address, contact details, personal details, category information, exam center preference, etc.
- Now candidates have to upload a scanned copy of a recent clear photo of dimension 3.5 cm width X 4.5 cm height in JPEG format up to the size of 20KB to 50KB.
- Then upload signature of dimension 4 cm width X 2 cm height in JPEG format up to the size of 20KB to 50KB.
- After filling the application form, save the filled details, and select the preview option to preview the form at once.
- After a preview of the application form, in the next step, candidates have to pay the required application fee.
- After making payment, submit the application form.
- After submitting the application form, it is necessary to save the form and take a hard copy of the form, and e-receipt of the application fee for future references.
Step 3: SSC JHT Application Fee Payment
- The application fee is payable in both modes (Online as well as Offline) as per the candidate’s convenience.
- Online: The application fee can be paid through Debit card/ Credit card/ Bhim UPI/ Net banking.
- Offline: The application fee can be paid by visiting the nearest branch of State Bank of India.
- The application fee for Women/SC/ST/PwD/ Ex-servicemen is Nil whereas the candidates of General/OBC/ EWS have to pay the application fee of Rs. 100.
|SC / ST/ Women/ PwD/ Ex-Servicemen||Nil|
|General/ EWS/ OBC||INR 100|
SSC JHT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must be an Indian/A subject of Nepal/Bhutan.
- A refugee from Tibet who migrated to India, prior to 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling.
- An individual of Indian origin who has migrated from countries like Pakistan/ Sri Lanka/ East African nations of Uganda/ Ethiopia/ Sri Lanka/ Burma/ Kenya/ the United Republic of Tanzania/ Zaire/Zambia/ Malawi and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling.
Candidates who are going to apply for SSC JHT must have either of the following educational qualifications.
Candidates must have acquired:
- Master’s Degree in English with Hindi as an elective or mandatory subject from any UGC recognized university.
- Master’s Degree in Hindi with English as an elective or mandatory subject from any UGC recognized university.
- Master’s Degree with Hindi medium in any subject (except Hindi/ English) and English as an elective or mandatory subject from any UGC recognized university.
- Master’s Degree with English medium in any subject (except Hindi/ English) and Hindi as an elective or mandatory subject from any UGC recognized university.
- Master’s Degree in any subject (except Hindi/ English) with Hindi and English as an elective or mandatory subject from any UGC recognized university.
Candidates must have a Recognized Diploma/ Certificate course in translation from Hindi to English and English to Hindi with 2 years of working experience in translation work from Hindi to English and English to Hindi in State/ Central Government Office.
- The minimum age limit should be 18.
- The maximum age limit should be 30 years.
- The candidate should not be born before January 2, 1992, and not later than January 1, 2004.
- As per the norm of GoI, the relaxation in age will be provided to the candidates as per the category.
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country||3 years|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country (SC/ST)||8 years|
|PwD + OBC||13 years|
|PwD + SC/ST||15 years|
SSC JHT 2022 Exam Pattern
The SSC JHT exam consists of two papers, namely Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is of Objective type and Paper 2 is of Descriptive type.
|Language||Bilingual i.e. Hindi and English|
|Total Marks||Paper 1 – 100 marks Paper 2 – 200 marks|
|Question Type||Paper 1 – Objective Paper 2- Descriptive|
|Mode of Paper||Paper 1 – Computer Based Test Paper 2 – Offline Based|
|Time Duration||2 hours (40 minutes extra for disabled candidates)|
|Marks Awarded||1 mark will be given for each correct answer 0.25 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer|
SSC JHT 2022 Exam Syllabus
- Sentence completion
- Unseen passages.
In this paper, the essay and translation skills of the candidates will be tested. Two passages will be there in the exam one passage from English to Hindi and another from Hindi to English.
SSC JHT 2022 Admit Card
The admit card of the SSC JHT 2022 exam will be published on the official website of SSC. Candidates can download their admit card by login their credentials. The admit card will be released prior to 2-3 weeks of examination. Candidates have to carry an original ID card along with the admit card at the examination hall. In case of any discrepancy, candidates can contact the commission.
How to Download SSC JHT Admit Card?
- Firstly, open the website of SSC i.e. ssc.nic.in or its regional website.
- Now find the link for “SSC JHT Admit Card” and click on it.
- Now you have to fill in your registration number and password.
- After entering the details, SSC JHT 2022 admit card will appear on the monitor screen.
- Now candidates have to download the admit card and also need to take a hard copy of it.
SSC JHT 2022 Exam Center
The candidates will have to choose 3 options for the exam centers as per their preferences at the time of application form filling. Candidates will have to choose the examination center very carefully because the examination center given to the candidates depends on their preferences only.
|SSC Region||State||Examination Centre|
|Karnataka, Kerala Region(KKR)||Karnataka, Lakshadweep, and Kerala||Bengaluru, Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram|
|North Eastern Region (NER)||Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, and Tripura||Guwahati, Shillong, Agartala|
|Central Region (CR)||Uttar Pradesh and Bihar||Bhagalpur, Patna, Purnea Agra, Bareilly, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Prayagraj, Varanasi|
|North Western SubRegion (NWR)||Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh and Punjab||Chandigarh/Mohali, Hamirpur, Shimla, Jammu, Jalandhar, Patiala|
|Western Region (WR)||Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Goa, Gujarat, and Maharashtra||Panaji, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Amravati, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Pune|
|Madhya Pradesh Sub-Region (MPR)||Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh||Bilaspur, Durg Bhilai, Raipur, Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur|
|Eastern Region (ER)||Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Odisha, Jharkhand, Sikkim, and West Bengal||Kolkata, Port Blair, Gangtok, Bhubaneshwar, Ranchi|
|Northern Region (NR)||Delhi, Rajasthan, and Uttarakhand||Delhi, Ajmer, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Sikar, Udaipur, Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee|
|Southern Region (SR)||Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu, and Telangana||Hyderabad, Chennai, Vijayawada|
SSC JHT 2022 Result
The mode of the declaration of result will be online. The result of Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be published separately. Candidates who will qualify the Paper 1 will be able to sit for Paper 2. The result will be available in pdf format.
How to Download SSC JHT 2022 Result?
- Visit the website of SSC.
- Now click on the ‘Result’ link appearing on the home page of the website.
- You will have to choose the SSC JHT exam result out of the list of all SSC exams.
- When you click on the link a pdf will appear on the screen.
- This pdf file will have roll no. and names of qualified candidates only.
The total marks secured by the candidate will appear on the result page. Candidates can download their scorecard for future reference. The scorecard of the SSC JHT exam will have the following details:
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Total marks secured by candidates
- Overall Rank secured by the candidates
SSC JHT 2022 Recommended Books
To make the preparation better for the SSC JHT exam, candidates are advised to refer to the following books as these books are designed for the purpose of the SSC JHT exam.
|SSC Senior/Junior Hindi translator exam guide & practice book||Lal Jain|
|SSC Junior/Senior Hindi translator exam guide by RPH editorial board||SC Gupta|
|SSC Junior/Senior Hindi translator practice book||Arihant Experts|
|Hindi to English translator book – step by step guidance||SC Gupta|
SSC JHT 2022 Cut off
The cut off of SSC JHT 2022 will depend on the following factors:
- Marks secured by candidates
- The number of candidates who appeared in the exam
- Total no. of Vacancies
- The difficulty level of the paper
The last year’s cut-off of the SSC JHT exam is given below to give an idea about the level of the exam.
SSC JHT 2019 Cut Off
|Category||SSC JHT Paper I Cutoff||SSC JHT Final Cut Off Paper ( I )+ ( II)|
SSC JHT 2022 Selection Procedure
The selection of the candidate will be based on the three stages:
- Document Verification
The recruitment of the candidates will be held on the basis of marks obtained in both the papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II. Those candidates who will cut off the clear will be called for document verification.
The allocation of candidates in different Ministries/ Departments will be based on the overall performance in Paper-I & Paper-II and the choice of department and posts exercised by them at the time of Document Verification.
SSC JHT 2022 FAQs
How many papers will be there and what will be the nature of the papers?
There will be two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2. The type of questions in Paper 1 will be Objective while the type of Paper 2 will be Subjective.
What will be the language of the papers?
The language of the papers will be bilingual i.e. both Hindi and English.
What is the purpose of the SSC JHT exam?
The purpose of this exam is to recruit candidates for the posts of Junior Hindi Translator/ Junior Translator and Senior Hindi Translator in various government ministries/ departments/ organizations.
What will be the mode of application for SSC JHT?
The mode of application will be Online for SSC JHT.
What should be the age limit of the candidates to apply for the SSC JHT 2022 exam?
The minimum age of the candidates should be 18 years while the maximum age of the candidates should be 30 years.