SSC CGL exam stands for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level exam. SSC CGL is considered as very much popular and most awaited exams for all the graduates who want to become a government employee. It offers various reputed posts under the ministry/ department of the Central Government of India. If offers recruitment for Group A, Group B, and Group C level posts. After the UPSC CSE, this is the second most popular choice of the candidates to get a reputed post under different ministries of GOI (Government of India).
The best part of this recruitment is, it requires no percentage limit (except JSO post) of the qualifying degree. The selection of the candidates will be based on the marks secured in all three tiers i.e. Tier-I, Tier-II, and Tier-III. The application will be processed in online mode. Tier-I and Tier-II will be held in online mode however Tier-III will be held in offline mode.
All the major and minor details of the SSC CGL exam have been given in this article below. Read this article carefully, to not miss any information.
SSC CGL 2022 Overview
|Name of Examination||Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level (SSC CGL)|
|Popularly Known As||SSC CGL|
|Conducted By||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Offered Posts||All Group B and Group C that comes under the Central Government|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Medium of Exam||Bilingual i.e.English and Hindi|
|Mode of Exam||
|Type of Question||
|No. of Sections||
|Marking Scheme||Tier-I & Tier-II: 2 marks will be given for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||Tier-I & Tier-II: 1/4 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer|
SSC CGL 2022 Important Dates
All the important dates regarding the SSC CGL exam is given below in the following table. The notification of this exam will be released soon.
|Application/ Registration of SSC CGL releases on||To be announced|
|Last date of submission of the application form||To be announced|
|Admit Card releasing date for Tier-I Exam||To be announced|
|Tier-I Exam date||To be announced|
|Tier-I Result date||To be announced|
|Admit Card releasing date of Tier-II||To be announced|
|Tier-II Exam date||To be announced|
|Tier-II Result date||To be announced|
|Admit Card releasing date of Tier-III||To be announced|
|Tier-III Exam date||To be announced|
|Tier-III Result date||To be announced|
SSC CGL 2022 Vacancy
SSC will release the notification of the CGL exam and according to the latest updates, SSC will announce to conduct CGL exam for 6500+ (Tentative) vacancies for Grade A, Grade B, and Grade C level posts. Since the no. of vacancies are tentative so it can be expected that the vacancy is going to increase up to the range of 7000-8000 vacancies.
For all the latest news about vacancies keep visiting the website ssc.nic.in.
SSC CGL 2022 Salary
The salary depends on the level of the posts. Here we have given the expected salary as per the level of different posts.
|Level of Posts||Amount or Salary (INR)|
|Level-IV||INR. 25,500 – 81,100|
|Level-V||INR. 29,200 – 92,300|
|Level-VI||INR. 35400 – 1,12,400|
|Level-VII||INR. 44,900 – 1,42,400|
|Level-VIII||INR. 47,600 – 1,51,100|
SSC CGL 2022 Application Form
The SSC CGL application form window will open soon. Candidates are strictly advised that do not do delay in filling the application form, fill the form as soon as possible. Because the website of SSC gets crash in the last moment due to high no. of traffic. Here we have given the process to fill the application form.
How to Apply?
- Open the website: ssc.nic.in
- Click on the ‘Apply-SSC CGL’.
- Now fill in the required details like Aadhaar Number, Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Mobile No. , DoB, Email-Id, and then confirm all the provided details.
- Submit the registration form, after complete submission of the registration form you will get login credentials on your registered mobile no. and email id.
- Now Login to process next, and fill the application form for SSC CGL.
- After login, you will be redirected to the application window.
- Here you have to fill in all the required details such as personal detail, contact detail, and educational qualifications detail, gender, nationality, category, name of the university, year of passing, roll number, marks, exam centers in the same region, and other required details.
- Select Yes/ No, as you want to apply for the post of JSO (Junior Statistical Officer) or not.
- After filling in all the details, recheck the form and then read the declaration carefully.
- Tick on the checkbox “I Agree”, and then fill the captcha code, and then submit the application form.
- Now make payment for the acceptance of the application form.
- Pay the application fee in online mode through BHIM UPI/ Debit card/ Credit Card/ Netbanking, or in offline mode by visiting the nearest branch of SBI Bank along with the challan.
SSC CGL Application Fee
|General /OBC/ EWS Male||Rs. 100/-|
|All Female/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ Ex-servicemen candidates||Exempted|
SSC CGL 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Before going to apply for the SSC CGL exam, candidates have to check all the eligibility criteria such as Qualification, Age limit, etc. Here we have given a brief detail about the eligibility needed to apply for SSC CGL. For more and detailed informations about eligibility criteria, visit the official website of SSC.
A). AAO (Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer)
- Essential Qualifications: Candidates must have completed their graduation from a recognized university before the last date of submission of the application form.
- Desirable Qualifications: Candidates who have a professional degree like Cost & Management Accountant / Company Secretary / Chartered Accountant / Masters in Business Studies / Masters in Business Administration (Finance) / Masters in Commerce / Masters in Business Economics will be most preferable for the post.
B). JSO (Junior Statistical Officer)
- Candidates must have acquired a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 60% Marks in Mathematics subject in the class 12th. OR,
- Candidates must have acquired a Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics as a major subject.
Age Limit (as on January 1, 2022)
The age limit of the candidates for different posts lies between 18-32 years. Here we have given a post-wise age limit for different posts of SSC CGL.
Post-Wise Age Limit
|CSS||Assistant Section Officer||20-30 years|
|NIA||Sub Inspector||Up to 30 years|
|Narcotics||Sub Inspector||18-25 years|
|CBEC||Tax Assistant||18-27 years|
|Intelligence Bureau||Assistant Section Officer||Not exceeding 30 Years|
|M/o of Statistics & Prog. Implementation||Junior Statistical Officer||Up to 32 years|
|Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue||Assistant Enforcement Officer||Up to 30 years|
|CBI||Sub Inspector||20-30 years|
|Other departments||All other posts||18-27 years|
The age relaxation will only be given to the candidates of the reserved category as per the central government norms.
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||10 years|
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
SSC CGL 2022 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL exam will be completed in 4 tiers namely Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, and Tier IV. The paper pattern is different for all the tiers. Tier I and Tier II are conducted virtually (CBT) whereas Tier III is of descriptive nature (offline). Tier IV is basically a Typing test/ Document verification, depending on the preference of the posts.
SSC CGL Exam Structure
|Subjects||Reasoning General Awareness Quantitative Aptitude English Language||Quantitative Aptitude English Language Statistics (Only for JSO Post) Finance & Accounting/Economics & Governance (Only for AAO post)||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi language (Writing of Essay, Precis, Letter, Application, etc.)||Computer Proficiency Test (required for some posts only)/ Documents Verification.|
|Type of Questions||Objective type||Objective type||Descriptive Type||Skill Test|
|Mode of Exam||Online||Online||Offline||Offline and Online|
|Exam Duration||1 hour||2 hour||1 hour||–|
|Marking Scheme||+ 2 marks for every correct answer||+ 2 marks for every correct answer||–||–|
|Negative Marking||1/4th mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer||1/4th mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer||No negative marking||–|
SSC CGL 2022 Exam Syllabus
To get the detailed syllabus, go to the official website and download the syllabus for each Tier. Here we have given a brief syllabus for each Tier.
- General Intelligence &Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension.
- Quantitative Abilities
- English Language and Comprehension
- General Studies (Finance and Economics).
Tier IV Syllabus
There is no syllabus preferred by the SSC. In this tier, only the computer/data entry skills of the candidates will be tested based on their speed and computer knowledge.
- DEST (Data Entry Speed Test):
- For the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax).
- The candidates will have to write an article in English with the use of the keyboard.
- A candidate will be required to type 2000 words within an interval of 15 minutes.
- CPT (Computer Proficiency Test):
- For the post of CSS, Inspector (Central Excise), MEA, Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Examiner).
- Word Processing
- Spread Sheets
- Generation of slides
SC CGL 2022 Recommended Books
For the CGL exam, there is no one specific book. Candidates have to cover each section from different books that are designed for the specific purpose of the CGL exam. Here we have listed some books which are considered to be special for the SSC CGL exam.
- Kiran’s Chapter wise and Topic wise book for the Quant section of all SSC exams.
- Kiran’s Chapter wise and Topic wise book for the Reasoning section of all SSC exams.
- The book of M.B. Publication for English section.
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- NCERT Books from Class 6th to 10th (Science and social science books only)
- Lucent’s GK by Vinay Karna
- GK by Manohar Pandey
- English book of Volume-I and Volume-II by Neetu Ma’am of KD Publication.
- Quantitive Aptitude for Competitive exams by R.S. Aggarwal
- Play with Advanced Maths by Abhinay Sharma
- Class notes of Rakesh Yadav
- Daily editorials of any good English newspaper (e.g.The Hindu or Express)
SSC CGL 2022 Preparation Tips
Here are some awesome tips and strategies shared by the previous year’s toppers of SSC CGL.
- First, go through the syllabus of SSC CGL and take a printout of it during the whole preparation.
- Make a proper time table for your study period and rigorously follow it.
- First, take the previous year’s question paper and try to solve the questions to examine your level of understanding.
- If you are obtaining an average mark then you are enough to start your preparation from standard books (as recommended above in Book’s section) otherwise you have to start your preparation from the very basic level and for this, you have to use NCERT books of class 8th, 9th, and 10th.
- First cover all the syllabus, do not skip any section or a single topic.
- Revise the whole syllabus for a minimum of 4-5 times, it will help you to remember all the concepts.
- Practice questions from previous year papers of SSC CGL.
- Study and revise the concepts consistently on the daily basis.
- Give mocks and quizzes from the various online platforms.
SSC CGL 2022 Exam Centers
The examination center allotted to the candidates will be based on their preferences filled at the time of filling application form detail. The SSC CGL exam is conducted across 100 + cities around the country. Here we have given the name of examination centers along with their code and region.
|SSC Region and|
States/ UTs under
the jurisdiction of
|Address of the Regional|
|Examination Centers &|
|Regional Director (KKR),|
Commission, 1st Floor,
“E” Wing, Kendriya
|Northern Region (NR)/|
NCT of Delhi,
|Regional Director (NR),|
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No. 12,
CGO Complex, Lodhi
Road, New Delhi-110003
Dadra and Nagar
Haveli, Daman and
Diu, Goa, Gujarat
|Regional Director (WR),|
Staff Selection commission,1st Floor,
101, Maharshi Karve
Nagpur(7205), Nanded (7206),
|Eastern Region (ER)/|
The Nicobar Islands,
Sikkim and West
|Regional Director (ER),|
1st MSO Building,(8th
(WB)(4403), Chinsurah (4405),
Sambalpur(4609), Port Blair (4802)
|Central Region (CR)/|
Bihar and Uttar
|Regional Director (CR),|
21-23, Lowther Road,
Bareilly(3005), Gorakhpur(3007) ,
|Dy. Director (MPR),|
J-5, Anupam Nagar,
and Kashmir and
|Dy. Director (NWR),|
Block No. 3, Ground
Floor, Kendriya Sadan,
Dodda (1009), Hamirpur(1202),
Shimla(1203), Bathinda (1401),
|Southern Region (SR)/|
|Regional Director (SR),|
Commission, 2nd Floor, EVK
College Road, Chennai,
|Regional Director (NER),|
Road, P. O. Assam
SSC CGL 2022 Coaching
To learn everything in a very concise manner, candidates can join coaching for the SSC CGL exam if they are good enough to afford the coaching fee, although coaching is not compulsory to prepare for the SSC exam if can can’t afford it. Here we have given the name and address of offline coaching centers for SSC CGL in different cities.
- Mahendra’s Institute – Amarpreet, Hyderabad
- Career Plan – Rajajinagar, Bangalore
- SVK Commerce Point – Ramanthapur, Hyderabad
- Vidya Guru – Laxmi Nagar, Delhi
- Success Mantra – GTB Nagar, Delhi
- Brilliant Tutorials – T.Nagar, Chennai
- Success Forum – Borivali West, Mumbai
- Roy Academy – Ambattur, Chennai
- Career Desks – Navi, Mumbai
- Elite IIT – Mathikere, Marathahalli, Bangalore
Note: Coaching is neither enough nor mandatory to crack the SSC CGL exam.
SSC CGL 2022 Test Series
To boost your preparation and to get an idea about where you stand in this competition, candidates are advised to give mock tests and quizzes by the experts and toppers of the SSC CGL exam. Since the Tier-I and Tier-II will be held in online mode so it is advised to give mock tests and quizzes online for each section and in aggregate as well.
Here we have given some online test series name which provides the mocks, quizzes, test series based on the level and pattern of the SSC CGL exam:-
- Adda 247
- Grad up
- Top Rankers
- KD Campus
You can choose any two or three of the above to give mocks and quizzes to make your preparation better. Note that only giving mocks will not going to help you, you have to analyze each and every mock.
SSC CGL 2022 Admit Card
The hall ticket/ admit card of the SSC CGL exam will be released separately for all the tiers on the official website of SSC in online mode.
- Candidates who have successfully fill the application form will able to download the admit card for Tier-I.
- Candidates who will qualify the Tier I will be able to download the admit card for Tier-II.
- Candidates who will qualify for Tier II will able to download the admit card for Tier-III.
Steps to Download SSC CGL Admit Card-
- Go to the website of SSC.
- find the link for “SSC CGL Admit Card” and then click on it in order to access the admit card.
- Now fill the credentials such as Registration Number and password.
- Once you enter the detail, a new page will open showing your admit card.
- Download the admit card, print a hard copy, and keep it safe for future references.
Details mentioned on the SSC CGL Admit Card
- Name of the Candidate
- Hall Ticket Number
- Roll No. (user ID for the exam)
- Exam Date
- Exam Duration
- Signature of Candidates
- Photograph of Candidates
- Time, Exam Venue
SSC CGL 2022 Answer Key
The commission will first release the provisional answer key for the candidates to check their answers marked in the exam paper. It will help you to take an idea about your tentative score. The answer key will be released in online mode on the official website in pdf form. Candidates can download the pdf to check their answers.
If someone found a wrong or suspicious answer then he/she has given the right to file a challenge against the answer key. To challenge an answer key, candidates have to pay Rs. 100/-. After the correction made on the basis of challenges filed by the candidates (if any) the commission will release the final answer key.
SSC CGL 2022 Result
SSC will release the result of the CGL exam virtually on the official website for all the tiers separately. The result will be uploaded in pdf form. After the completion of all tiers, the commission will release the final merit list based on the marks obtained in all the tiers. The final merit list will also be released virtually on the website of SSC. Here we have given proper guidance in the following that how you can download the result for any tier.
Steps to Download the SSC CGL Result
- Step 1: Open the website of SSC.
- Step 2: Now find and then click on the “Results” link displaying on the homepage of SSC.
- Step 3: After opening the result link candidates have to choose specifically for “Result of SSC CGL”.
- Step 4: Now you have to fill your roll no. to view the result.
- Step 5: An easy way to view your name in the result’s pdf list is to press ‘Ctrl + F’ and type your roll number.
- Step 6: You can download the pdf of the SSC CGL result.
The details mentioned on the result of SSC CGL are mentioned below:-
- Roll number
- Exam name
SSC CGL 2022 Cut off
The cut off for SSC CGL will be published separately for all the tiers. Candidates have to clear the cutoff of each tier set by the commission in order to sit for the next tier. The commission will also release the final cut-off for the SSC CGL exam based on the conclusive marks obtained in all the tiers. The cut off of each tier will be based on the different factors as mentioned below.
- The difficulty level of the exam.
- The total number of candidates appearing for the exam.
- The total no. of vacancies under SSC CGL.
- The performance of the candidates in the exam.
- The requirement of candidates in various posts.
Here we have given the previous year’s cut off to get an idea about the level and score of the exam. The tier wise previous year’s cutoff is tabulated below:
Tier-I Cut Off
|Category||Unreserved (UR)||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||Orthopaedically Handicapped (OH)||Schedule Caste (SC)||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Hearing Handicapped (HH)|
Tier-II Cut Off
|Category||Unreserved (UR)||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||Orthopaedically Handicapped (OH)||Schedule Caste (SC)||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Hearing Handicapped (HH)||Visually Handicapped (VH)|
Tier-III Cut Off
|Category||Unreserved (UR)||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Schedule Caste (SC)||Visually Handicapped (VH)||Orthopaedically Handicapped (OH)||Ex-Servicemen||Hearing Handicapped (HH)|
SSC CGL 2022 Selection Criteria
The selection of the candidates for the different posts (Of Group A, Group B, and Group C) under the Central Government Ministries/ Departments / Organisations will be based on the All India Rank secured by the candidates. The selection will be processed based on the performance in all the tiers: Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, and Tier IV.
Stepwise Process of Selection
- Qualified candidates of Tier I will be called for the Tier-II exam.
- Qualified candidates of Tier-II will be called for the Tier-III exam.
- Qualified candidates of Tier-III will be called for the Document Verification/ Tier-IV exam.
If you have any issue or query regarding the SSC CGL exam then it is advised to contact the authority to resolve your queries. Below given details are of the western region of SSC (Mumbai Office of SSC). Candidates from another region can get the details of their regional offices under the “Contact Us” section of the official website.
Official Website: https://ssc.nic.in/
Email Address: [email protected]
Fax Number: 022-22018527
Telephone Number: 022-22019118
Address: Staff Selection Commission,1st Floor, South Wing, Pratishtha Bhawan,101, Maharshi Karve Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra-400020
SSC CGL 2022 FAQs
Who can apply for the SSC CGL exam?
Any graduate from any subject (except AAO, JSO Posts) can apply for the SSC CGL exam.
Who will conduct the SSC CGL exam?
Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC CGL exam.
How many stages will be there in the exam of SSC CGL?
There will be four stages namely Tier-I, Tier-II, Tier-III, and Tier-IV in the SSC CGL exam.
What will be the mode of examination of SSC CGL?
Tier-I, Tier-II will be held online while Tier-III will be held offline.
Will there any additional age relaxation be given for the female candidates?
No, there is no such reservation for the gender-specific however the age relaxation will be entertained only based on the category of candidates.