This exam is periodically held by the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) in order to fill open positions for Senior Sectional Engineers (SSE). The Railway Recruitment Board has yet to publish the notification for the 2024 exams, with an estimated 4000+ vacancies.
The three selection stages for concluding the recruitment process are the written exam, medical examination, and document verification round. Applicants must be aware of any changes made by the RRB as a result of the ongoing challenges caused by the covid pandemic.
Table of Contents
RRB SSE Exam Highlights 2024
|Name of Exam||RRB Senior Sectional Engineer (SSE) Exams|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Conducting Body||Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)|
|Application Release Date||October/November 2024|
|Exam Frequency||Yearly (may differ as per vacancies released)|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Duration||120 Mins.|
|Post Name||Senior Sectional Engineer|
RRB SSE Exam Notification 2024
On the RRB’s official website, applications for the RRB SSE 2024 examination will be made available online when they become available. Candidates interested in registering for the RRB SSE 2024 Examination can do so online by visiting the website.
RRB will soon release the official notification for RRB SSE 2024. The notification will include information about the openings, which are anticipated to total more than 4000.
RRB SSE Exam Vacancy 2024
The board has not yet made the official announcement regarding the call for applications, though.
RRB SSE Exam Eligibility Criteria 2024
The applicant must satisfy all of the RRB SSE eligibility requirements, which include restrictions on age, nationality, educational background, reserved status, and medical requirements. many attempts, experience, etc. The particular elements are as follows:
RRB SSE Exam Age Limit 2024
Candidates must meet the RRB SSE eligibility requirements in order to apply for the RRB SSE 2024. The candidate must be between the ages of 20 and 34 as of the specified date. However, there is an age relaxation. The information is provided below:
|Person with disability (SC / ST)||15 years|
|Persons with disability (UR)||10 years|
|Originally domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period of 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|Persons with disability (OBC)||13 years|
|Ex-servicemen||Up to extent of service provided in defense plus 3 years|
|Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated but not remarried||Unreserved: 35 years|
OBC: 38 years
SC/ST: 40 years
RRB SSE Exam Educational Qualifications 2024
- P-Way, Bridge, Drawing (Civil) & Design & Estimation, TMS-Senior Section Engineer
- It is necessary to have a four-year bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from a reputable university or institution or to combine any sub stream of the basic streams of civil engineering.
- J&T (Jig & Tools), Mechanical Drawing & Design, Carriage & Wagon, Dsl Mechanical, Dsl Electrical – Mechanical Section Engineer (Workshop)
- An undergraduate degree in four years in
- Manufacturing, Mechatronics, Industrial, Machining, Instrumentation & Control, Tools & Die Making, Automobile, Production Engineering, or any combination of the following:
- Any combination of the following basic streams from a recognized university or institute: Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Manufacturing, Mechatronics, Industrial, Machining, Instrumentation & Control, Tools & Machining, Tools &Die Making, Automobile, and Production Engineering.
- An undergraduate degree in four years in
- Workshop, Drawing/ Design& Drawing – Electrical, Signal, Telecommunication, (S&T) Section Engineer – Electrical/ Electrical (GS), Electrical – TRD, Electrical – TRS, (Electrical)
- An undergraduate degree in four years in
- electrical engineering, electronics, information technology, communication engineering, or a master’s degree in electronics.
- Combination of any substream of the fundamental engineering disciplines of electrical, electronics, information technology, and communication from a reputable university or institute
- An undergraduate degree in four years in
- Engineer, Track Machine Section
- A four-year degree in engineering from a reputable university or institution in one of the following areas: civil, mechanical, electrical, electronic, or instrumentation & control
RRB SSE Exam Nationality 2024
Candidates must be citizens of India in order to be eligible to apply for the RRB Senior Section Engineer position.
RRB SSE Exam Experience Requirements 2024
If previous employment experience was necessary to apply for the position, the Railway Recruitment Board did not specify this. No prior experience is anticipated to be necessary this year to apply for the position. A bachelor’s degree in the pertinent engineering field is needed to participate in the hiring process, but no prior work experience is necessary.
Other crucial criteria for eligibility or requirements:
- If a person with a disability (PWD) has at least 40% of the relevant disability, they are considered eligible for condition relaxation. Individuals must show a disability certificate issued by the appropriate authority to be eligible for the benefit of relaxation.
- Candidates requesting age relaxation or applying for reserved positions (OBC/SC/ST) must present a caste certificate issued by the appropriate authorities in the approved manner.
RRB SSE Exam Application Process 2024
The Railway Recruitment Board has not yet made the RRB SSE 2024 official notification public. Before the deadline, candidates must complete the online application forms. The applicant should follow the instructions listed below to submit an online application for the position.
- To access the RRB’s official website, type indianrailways.gov.in into your browser’s address bar.
- Select the “RRB Senior Section Engineer (SSE) Application 2024, Apply Now” link on the homepage.
- Choose the option for New Registration.
- Put in all of your personal data.
- You’ll get a brand-new registration ID and password from a website.
- Use your ID and password to log in.
- Complete the form with details about your academic background.
- Upload the required paperwork, images, and signatures.
- Pay the fee, for instance, using Internet banking, a credit card, or a debit card.
- Immediately after the payment process is finished.
- After that, click the Submit button.
- To keep for future use, save a copy of the application.
RRB SSE Exam List of Documents 2024
- Passport size photograph.
- Educational Qualification Certificates: Marksheets of class 10th, 12th, and graduation.
- Photo ID: Aadhar Card or Pan Card.
RRB SSE Exam Application Fee 2024
The cost of the RRB SSE test application varies depending on the participant’s category; for instance, general and OBC applicants must pay a fee of $100, while SC/ST, female, and PWD applicants are not required to pay anything.
|IRTS Recruitment||IRAS Recruitment||IAAS Recruitment|
|South Eastern Railway Apprentice||RPSF Recruitment||RRB JE IT|
RRB SSE Exam Admit Card 2024
Two weeks prior to the online exam, the Railway Recruitment Board releases the RRB SSE, Admit Card. The RRB SSE Admit Card is available to candidates on the RRB’s official website, rrbcdg.gov.in. Candidates who fully satisfy the requirements for eligibility will receive a hall ticket.
How to Download RRB SSE Admit Card?
Downloading the RRB SSE Admit Card is possible for candidates after they have successfully logged in to the official website with the required credentials (Registration Number and Password).
- Candidates will now be taken to a different page after this. There will be an option to “Download Admit Card” available in that section. To access it, click on it.
- Enter the password that you were given when you were filling out the application form or your date of birth in the format that was prescribed, and then submit it.
- Now, the Call Letter for the RRB Junior Engineer Exam 2024 will be displayed on the screen.
- Downloading the admit card and having it printed out is strongly recommended for candidates.
Details on Admit Card:
After inspecting their admit cards, candidates need to verify the accuracy of the information printed on them. Candidates who find mistakes on their hall tickets should immediately contact the RRBs’ hotline lines during working hours in order to make a request for rectification or a duplicate set of hall tickets. The following information can be found written on the admission ticket:
- Duration of the Exam
- Photograph of the Candidate
- Signature of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Important Instructions Related to Exam
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Exam Date
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number/ Registration Number
- Reporting Time
- Exam Venue Address
RRB SSE Exam Selection Process 2024
There are two exam papers in the RRB SSE selection process. Candidates will be shortlisted for Stage 2 if their scores are at or above the RRB’s cut-off marks for Stage 1.
While Paper 2 will cover General awareness, Physics and Chemistry, Computer basics and applications, Environmental & Pollution Control, and General Engineering, Paper 1 will cover General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, General Science, and Mathematics (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical & more).
The RRB SSE Exam is impartial in nature. Candidates will be narrowed down by the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) based on their overall performance on the objective paper.
There are four stages to the RRB SSE selection process:
- Computer-based testing (Stage I)
- Stage II CBT (Computer Based Test)
- Verification of Documentation
- Medical Exam
RRB SSE Exam Pattern 2024
The exam is written on a single sheet of paper and consists of approximately 150 multiple-choice questions. There will be four different answers to choose from for each question. Questions based on general intelligence, general awareness, arithmetic, and technical subjects will also be included. The time allotment is going to be two hours.
The RRB SSE/JE examination paper will be multilingual due to the fact that the question paper will be written in both English and Hindi. The candidate has the ability to choose either of the two languages available to them.
For the candidates’ reference, here is the RRB SSE Exam Pattern.
- English, Hindi, Urdu, and local languages are used as mediums.
- 120 minutes in length
- Online mode
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer, one-third of a point will be deducted.
- 150 points maximum
- Multiple-Choice (Multiple-Choice) Types of Objective Questions
- There are 150 questions total.
RRB SSE Exam Syllabus 2024
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Puzzle|
Order & Ranking
Direction & Distance
Problems on Ages
Permutation and Combination.
Profit & Loss
Work & Time
Surds and Indices
Pipes and Cistern
Simple Interest & Compound Interest
Time & Distance
Ratio and Proportion
Sequence & Series
|General Awareness||Books and Authors|
Science and Technology
Current Affairs – National and International
|General Science||Basic Concepts of Science (Class XII Standard)|
Question will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Daily use Science, Biology & Zoology.
|Mechanical Engineering||Machining, Inspection, and Metrology|
Machine Tool Operations
Theory of Machines
Strength of Materials
Signals and Systems,
Basics of Circuit Power Electronics.
|Civil Engineering||Measurements of distance and directions|
Construction/ Structure Engineering and Drawing
Errors and adjustments
Costing and Valuation & Building Materials
RRB SSE Recruitment Preparation Tips
The following is a list of some of the preparation tips for the RRB SSE recruitment exam:
- Prepare yourself appropriately by consulting the RRB SSE Syllabus and Exam Pattern and focusing on the more challenging chapters first.
- Try to finish as many of the previous year’s RRB SSE papers as you can so that you can get a sense of the level of difficulty on the exam as well as the structure of the questions.
- Develop a solid strategy for preparation, and then stick to that strategy throughout the preparation process.
- It is essential to take breaks at appropriate intervals in order to maintain a calm state of mind and perform well when preparing.
RRB SSE Exam Preparation Books 2024
There are a lot of books that can be used for this test. Candidates need to give careful consideration to which books to read in order to understand the concepts underlying the theory. The following information, presented subject-by-subject, is provided for the convenience of those who aspire to achieve something:
- General Awareness- Manorama Year Book (Mammen Mathew)
- General Science- Encyclopedia of General Science of General Competitions (Arihant Experts)
- Arithmetic- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic (Rajesh Verma)
- General Intelligence & Reasoning- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning (RS Aggarwal)
RRB SSE Answer Key 2024
A few days after the examination, the Railway Recruitment Board will make the preliminary RRB SSE Answer Key available for download. Candidates need to access the official RRB website in order to download the RRB SSE Answer Key. This will allow applicants to compare their scores to others, help them calculate their preliminary exam marks, and provide them with an estimate of the likelihood that they will be selected for the next phase. The following are some of the more important takeaways from the answer key for the Senior Section of Engineer questions:
- In addition to the question paper and recorded responses, the provisional RRB SSE answer key will also be made available on the website for a limited time during the exam.
- Candidates have the option of lodging an objection to the RRB Senior Section Engineer Answer Key in the format that has been specified and paying the processing fee prior to the date that the objections must be submitted.
- After reviewing the objection, RRB will make a decision regarding the answer key that is final, and any additional objections will not be taken into consideration.
RRB SSE Result 2024
After the conclusion of the examination, the Railway Recruitment Board will make the RRB SSE Result available to the public. Candidates can access the results of the RRB SSE examination on the RRB’s official website, which can be found at rbcdg.gov.in. Only applicants who have their names or roll numbers included on the merit list will be given an invitation to the process of document verification. The cut-off, in addition to the results and the scoreboard, will be posted on the websites that are associated with each board.
RRB SSE Cut-Off 2024
Shortly after the written exam is over, the Railway Recruitment Boards will post the RRB SSE Cut Off 2024 on their official website. The final merit list will only contain the names or roll numbers of candidates who achieved the RRB SSE Cut Off or higher. The table below provides the anticipated Cut-off.
RRB SSE Salary Details 2024
With an initial salary of Rs. 35,400 and other allowances as determined by RRB, Level 6 of the 7th CPC Pay Matrix is used by RRB. Below is a list of the tables:
|Basic Pay||Rs. 44,900|
|House Rent Allowances||9% or 18% or 27% of basic pay|
|Dearness Allowances||Rs. 3143|
|Gross Pay||Rs. 63000 to Rs. 80000|
|Transport Allowance||Rs. 3600|
RRB SSE FAQs
The RRB SSE guidelines state that there is no restriction on how many times a candidate may attempt the exam before reaching the maximum age.
The best English book is Objective General English by SP Bakshi.
A four-year degree or diploma in the candidate’s field of interest is the minimum education requirement for a candidate to sit for the RRB SSE exams.
For the RRB SSE Recruitment 2024, candidates must be disciplined, committed to their study schedule, and diligent in their preparation.
The number of points earned during the CBT stages and a round of document verification will be used to determine the selection procedure following the exams.