Many people can apply for constable, head constable, and sub-inspector jobs in Punjab Police Recruitment 2022. This is a state-level test that admits both male and female candidates for constable positions.
On their official website, the Punjab Police Recruitment Board will announce the application schedule. Candidates are encouraged to apply for the position via the internet. As a result, it is critical to plan ahead of time for the exam.
To apply online, all applicants must possess the following documents: Valid ID proof (driver’s license, aadhaar card, college ID proof, voter ID card, pan card), scanned passport size photo, scanned signature, academic certificates, thumb impression, phone number, and email address are all required.
Before you apply, make sure you have all of the necessary information so you don’t run into any problems later.
Punjab Police Constable Recruitment 2022: An Overview
|Recruiting Authority||Punjab Police|
|Total Vacancies Available||6435 (Expected)|
|Release of Notification||September 2022 (Tentative)|
|Beginning of Application Process||September 2022 (Tentative)|
|Application Deadline||Last week of September 2022 (Tentative)|
|Release of Admit Card||October 2022 (Tentative)|
|Conduction of Written Exam||To be notified|
|Physical measurement test||To be notified|
|Result Announcement||To be notified|
Punjab Police Constable Exam Date 2022
On their official website, the Punjab Police Recruitment Board will announce the application deadline. Candidates are encouraged to apply for the position via the internet. As a result, it is critical to plan ahead of time for the exam. The dates for the constable exam are tentative. Please see the table for more information.
|Exam related Events||Important dates|
|Notification release date||September 2022 (Tentative)|
|Online application form available||September 2022 (Tentative)|
|Last date of submission||September 2022 (Tentative)|
|Admit card available||Second week of October 2022|
|Exam date||To be updated|
|Result date||To be updated|
Punjab Police Constable Eligibility 2022
To secure a position in Punjab Police Constable recruitment, candidates should meet the eligibility criteria. The candidates may check the Punjab Police Constable eligibility criteria and requirements below.
Candidates should be between 18 and 28 years of age as of January 1, 2022, to apply for the recruitment process. Certain age relaxations are provided for the reserved category candidates.
Below is the category-wise age relaxation for the recruitment.
|Category Name||Age Relaxation Provided|
|Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes, who are residents of Punjab|
Regular employees of Punjab Government or of other State or Central Government
|Ex-Servicemen residents of Punjab||3 years (after deducting th service period)|
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized university with Punjabi as one of the compulsory or elective subjects, with a minimum of 60% for General Category candidates and 50% for SC/ST/BC candidates.
- Ex-servicemen must have completed Matriculation as a minimum educational requirement.
Criteria for Physical Standards
Below are the physical standards required for the candidates to qualify for the physical standard test.
|Male||5 feet 7 inches|
|Female||5 feet 3 inches|
Criteria for Nationality
The candidate must be a citizen of India. They should not have obtained the citizenship, permanent residency, or green card of any other country.
Punjab Police Constable Recruitment Application Process 2022
Candidates interested in applying for a constable position with the Punjab Police should go to the Punjab Police’s official website. The tentative start date for the application process is September 2022. To apply online, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the Punjab Police and click on the application link provided.
- Step 2: Candidates must complete all the required fields, such as their name, email, and phone number.
- Step 3: Sign in with your User ID and password that you received after completing the registration process and fill in all of the required information, such as category, address, educational details, and upload documents such as SSC certificates and category certificates.
- Step 4: Click the submit button after attaching a photo of the most recent passport size. The Resize Book Test Tool is available to candidates.
- Step 5: After you’ve completed all of the announcements, you’ll be redirected to the payment gateway website. Click the submit button after paying the required amount.
- Step 6: Save a copy of the application form on your computer for future use.
The Punjab Police Constable Application Fee 2022
Candidates should pay the application fee using an online payment method. You can look up the application fee categories in the table below.
|S.No||Categories||Fee for Application (INR)||Examination Fee (INR)||Total (INR)|
|2||Ex-Serviceman (ESM) of Punjab, Lineal Descendants of ESM||400||0||400|
|3||SC/ST of all the States and BC of Punjab State only||400||150||550|
|4||Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||400||150||550|
Punjab Police Constable Syllabus 2022
In order to achieve the highest possible score on the Punjab Police Constable examination, all students taking the exam should review the topic-by-topic syllabus listed below and prepare their study plan accordingly. Understanding the topics covered in each section of the exam is critical.
|Subject Name||Topics Covered|
|General Awareness||Constitution and its features, Central and State Legislature, Executive, Judicial Institutions & Local Government Institutions.History, Geography, Culture, and Economy of PunjabBasics of Science & TechnologyCurrent Affairs|
|Quantitative Aptitude and Numerical Skills||Simplification|
Decimal and Fractions
Ratio and Proportion
Profit and Loss
Time and Work
Bar Graphs and Line Graphs
|Mental Ability and Logical Reasoning||Number of Letter Series|
Statements and Conclusions
Order and Ranking
Direction and Distances
|English|| Reading Comprehension|
Punjabi to English Translation
Sentence Rearrangement and Correction
Fill in the Blanks
Vocabulary (Synonym, Antonym, One-word Substitution)
|Punjabi||ਸ਼ੁੱਧ/ਅਸ਼ੁੱਧਸਮਾਨਾਰਥਕ/ਵਿਰੋਧੀਸ਼ਬਦਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਅਖਾਣ ਅਤੇ ਮੁਹਾਵਰੇਅੰਗਰੇਜੀ ਤੋਂ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਅਨੁਵਾਦਭਹੁਤੇ ਸ਼ਬਦਾਂ ਦੀ ਥਾਂ ਤੇ ਇੱਕ ਸ਼ਬਦ Iਅਣਡਿਠਾ ਪੈਰਾ|
|Digital Literacy and Awareness||Fundamentals of Computers|
MS Office (Word, PowerPoint)
Internet, World wide web and Web Search engines
Mobile Phones (Basic Conceptual Knowledge).
Punjab Police Constable Exam Pattern 2022
The first phase of the selection process will focus on OMR-based testing. The tests will be conducted in Punjabi and English. There will be a total of 100 multiple-choice questions for a total of 100 marks. There will be no negative marking.
- The paper will be included in the objective-type questions.
- On the paper, there will be three sections: general information, numerical ability, and reasoning.
- There will be a total of 100 questions.
- There will be 30 questions on general knowledge, each worth 30 marks.
- There will be 30 questions with a total of 30 marks for numeracy skills.
- There will be 40 questions in the reasoning section, each worth 40 marks.
- The performance will last 120 minutes.
|Subject Name||Questions||Marks||Duration of Exam|
|General Awareness||35||35||120 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude and Numerical Skills||20||20|
|Mental Ability and Logical Reasoning||20||20|
|English and Punjabi||20||20|
|Digital Literacy and Awareness||5||5|
Below are the details of the physical screening of the constable post –
- 1600 Metres Race in 6 Minutes 60 Seconds.
- Long Jump 3.80 Meters(3 Chances).
- High Jump 1.10 Meters(3 Chances).
Male Candidate – Ex-Servicemen (Upto 35 years of age) – Expected
- 1400 Metres Race in 9 Minutes.
- 10 Full Squads
Male Candidate – Ex-Servicemen (Above 35 years of age) – Expected
- 1400 Metres Race in 12 Minutes.
- 10 Full Squads
- 800 Metres Race in 4 Minutes
- Long Jump 3.00 Meters(3 Chances).
- High Jump 0.95 Meters(3 Chances).
Punjab Police Constable Selection Process
The selection for the post of constable in the Punjab Police will be based on the following parameters –
- Candidates are evaluated based on their physical fitness and efficiency.
- Candidates must meet the standardized height, weight, and eye-sight requirements in a physical measurement test.
- All candidates who applied for the position of constable must take the written exam in order to be considered for the next round of selection.
- After passing the written exam, selected candidates must pass a medical exam to demonstrate their fitness.
- Finally, after passing the medical exam, selected candidates are invited to participate in a one-on-one interview with the selection committee.
Punjab Police Constable Admit Card 2022
The Punjab Police Constable Admit Card 2022 will contain information such as the address of the exam center, the exam date and time, roll number, and other important details. Candidates must obtain a copy of the admit card and bring it to the examination hall.
- Step 1: Download the PSSSB admit card 2022 from the PSSSB’s official website.
- Step 2: Click on the “Punjab Police Constable Admit Card Download 2022” link.
- Step 3: Log in to the portal with your credentials to access the admit card.
- Step 4: Check your admit card to ensure that it contains all of the information you provided during the application process. If you notice any irregularities, notify a Punjab Police Department officer immediately.
- Step 5: Download the admit card to your computer or mobile device as a PDF document. Make at least 5 copies of your admit card in case you need them again.
Punjab Police Constable Recruitment 2022: Book Recommendations
Candidates can look up to these Punjab Police Constable books for their preparations. The following books can be easily bought from local book stores and online stores.
Name of the Publisher
Punjab Police Constable
Know Your State (Punjab)
Learn Punjabi in a Month
Third Millennium Press Ltd.
General Knowledge 2022
A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal
by B.S. Sijwali & Indu Sijwali
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations Paperback
Punjab Police Constable Exam Answer Key 2022
The Punjab Police Constable Exam answer key will be available on the official website.
After the answer key is released, all candidates should go to the official website. How to obtain the answer key –
- Navigate to the official website.
- To find the answer key 2022, press CTRL + F.
- On the screen, click the download button to get the answer key.
- Keep the answer key for future use.
Punjab Police Constable Expected Cutoff 2022
This year, the Punjab Police Department announced 6435 constable vacancies. A merit list will be created according to the selection procedure. To be considered for the merit list, candidates must pass both the written and physical tests. The exam’s cut-off will be announced on the official website after the exam.
- Candidates will be chosen based on their results on the body measurement test and the standard physical exam.
- Candidates who want to apply for a job must meet certain requirements, such as age, education, and experience.
- Candidates must apply for appointments as soon as possible.
Punjab Police Constable Result 2022
Punjab Police will publish the Punjab Police Constable Result on their official website following the exam. The results will be announced alongside the list of candidates for the 2022 Punjab Constable Police, which will include the candidates’ IDs.
- On the official website, the results will be posted.
- The Punjab Police Inspection Board will release the test results after 2 or 3 months of written examinations.
- Enter your registration number to check your test results.
- The results of the physical examination will be announced, and those who choose not to have one will be required to undergo one.
- Eligibility lists will be compiled from the various stages of the selection process.
Punjab Police Constable’s Expected Salary 2022
According to the 7th Pay Commission, a constable in the Punjab Police is entitled to an annual salary of INR 19900/-(the minimum basic salary) plus INR 1900/-in grade pay. A constable is entitled to additional benefits and perks in addition to his or her basic pay.
Travel allowance, medical allowance, children’s education benefit, meal allowance, house rent allowance, refreshment allowance, pension, provident fund, dearness allowance, retirement benefits, paid leaves, subsidized bills, and other benefits are also provided to the constables.
Punjab Police Constable Period of Probation
The successful candidates in each round of the appointment process for a Punjab Police Constable will be appointed for a three-year probation period. Candidates will be paid a monthly stipend during their probationary period that does not include any benefits or compensation. During training, candidates will be exposed to a variety of police practices. Finally, successful candidates will be assigned to the Punjab Police Force as constables.
Punjab Police Constable FAQs
To apply for this position, a constable must have completed class 12 or an equivalent exam. A sub-inspector, on the other hand, must have graduated from a recognized institution or university
According to the 7th Pay Commission, a constable is eligible for a base monthly salary of INR 19,990. A constable’s yearly basic wage ranges from INR 1,23,600 to INR 4,17,600 per year.
A constable is eligible to a travel allowance, lunch allowance, house rent allowance, dearness allowance, fuel expense, medical allowance, children’s education allowance, deputation allowance, subsidized bill, and other benefits in addition to the base wage.
Students who receive highest test scores and pass the mark are eligible for further testing when the results are announced. The Punjab Constable 2022 Select List will be published on the official website. Candidates whose names appear on the merit list of all those named in the selection procedure that follows. The authorities will publish the finalized list on their website after finishing the full selection procedure.
During such tough times, all prospective candidates are recommended to remain cheerful and calm. A candidate must also be psychologically strong to deal with difficult life events, have a physically muscular body, and study and solve previous year’s sample paper and problems.