OTET Application Process 2022: Odisha’s Directorate of Secondary Education has begun accepting applications for TGT positions in the fields of Arts/Science, Hindi, Sanskrit Teacher, Telugu Teacher, and Physical Education via the internet. Candidates interested in applying for the positions may go to the dseodisha.in website. Those who match the eligibility requirements can apply online.
The Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test (OTET) is held every year by the Odisha Board of Secondary Education (BSE). The OTET exam is used to determine the eligibility of applicants who want to teach in Odisha’s government, private, or aided schools from Class I to VIII. The dates for the OTET exam in 2022 have not yet been released by the official authorities, although they may be revealed soon.
The OTET Exam consists of two exams, Paper I and Paper II, and is divided into two categories, Category A and Category B. Class I to Class V are in Category A, and Class VI to Class VIII are in Category B. This exam establishes the qualifying requirements for other teaching exams, such as the KVS exam, at both the national and state levels.
Table of Contents
OTET 2022 Highlights
The table below contains some of the most relevant details about the exam’s organisation and application process:
|Exam Name||Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test ( OTET)|
|Conducting Body||Board of Secondary Education ( BSE), Odisha|
|Application Fees||INR 500|
OTET Exam Date 2022
The following are some key dates to remember:
|TGT Application Process Start Date||January 2022 (Tentative)|
|TGT Application Process Last Date||January 2022 (Tentative)|
|TGT Written Exam Date||March 2022 (Tentative)|
|OTET Application Process Starts||February 2022 (Tentative)|
|OTET Application Process Ends||March 2022 (Tentative)|
|OTET Admit Card Released||April 2022 (Tentative)|
|OTET Exam Date||April 2022 (Tentative)|
|OTET Answer Key Released||To Be announced|
|OTET Result||To Be announced|
OTET 2022 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for Category A and Category B in OTET 2022 are different.
Eligibility for Category A ( Paper-I):
- Candidates must have completed a two-year diploma in Elementary Education or a four-year degree diploma in B.El.Ed or a two-year diploma course in Special Education/ Elementary Education and have a minimum 50 per cent (45 per cent for SC/ST/ OBC/ SEBC/ PwD category candidates) aggregate mark in 12th grade. OR
Candidates must have a two-year diploma in Elementary Education and have passed the 12th grade with a minimum of 45 per cent (40 per cent for SC/ST/OBC/SEBC/PwD category candidates) aggregate marks, as defined by the NCTE Recognition Norms and Procedure Regulations, 2002.
- Candidates who have completed or are in the process of completing their graduation in any field are also eligible to apply.
Eligibility for Category B (Paper-II):
- Candidates must have completed a one-year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or Bachelor of Education (Special Education) course or a four-year BA B.Ed/ BSc. B.Ed course with a minimum of 50 per cent (or 45 per cent for SC/ ST/ OBC/ SEBC/ PwD category candidates) aggregate mark and a one-year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or Bachelor of Education (Special Education) course or a four-year BA B
- Candidates must have earned a minimum of 45 per cent (40 per cent for SC/ST/OBC/SEBC/ PwD category candidates) in their graduation and completed a one-year B.Ed programme in accordance with NCTE Recognition Norms and Regulations.
OTET 2022 Application Process:
The OTET 2022 Application Process is the next crucial step in the test after checking the qualifying criterion. The application process is divided into three parts: the registration portion, the application form, and the fee payment portion.
Candidates can fill out the forms for both categories, but those who wish to do so must do so individually for category A and category B.
Step 1: Registration Part
- Candidates must go to the BSE, Odisha’s official website and click on the “Online Application for OTET 2022” link.
- The tab will redirect them to a new page, where they must select the “Click for New Registration” option.
- Candidates must fill out the Registration Tab with information such as their name, contact information (phone number and email address), and address, and then click the “Submit Bottom” button.
- They must remember their email id and generate a password for further processing after entering all of the information.
Step 2: Application Form
- Candidates must click on the ‘Login Tab’ after finishing the registration process.
- The ‘Login Tab’ will prompt you for your email address and password, after which it will send an OTP to the registered mobile number. The application page will open after entering the OTP and clicking the “Verify” button.
- Personal Information, Eligibility Criteria, Educational Qualification, Address, Information Sheet, Payment & Declaration shall be the six sections of the application form.
- Candidates can modify the first four parts, from (a) to (d), if they find something inaccurate, and then confirm the data by clicking the “Submit” option under the Address section.
- All of the filled information will be displayed once on the information sheet for verification after the (d) section.
- Candidates can print out that document and work with it further. After that, if the information is valid, you can go to the payment section by clicking on the “Payment & Declaration” option.
Step 3: Fees Payment
Both online and offline payment options are available.
|For SC/ST Category Candidates||For Other Category Candidates|
|INR 300||INR 500|
- Candidates must generate a Pay in Slip (Bank Challan form) and submit it to the nearest Axis Bank branch via Internet Banking or Credit/ Debit Card (Axis Bank Easy Pay only) in the Online mode of payment. In the Offline mode, candidates must generate a Pay in Slip (Bank Challan form) and submit it to the nearest Axis Bank branch via the Offline mode of payment.
- After paying the price, the candidate should print the “Acknowledgement Receipt,” which is crucial for future reference.
Candidates must wait for their admit card, which is a vital document to bring to the examination centre, after finishing the application procedure. Entry to the examination centre is not permitted without an Admit Card.
Candidates must wait for the release of the answer key and the announcement of the results after the examination is completed.
Candidates must keep up to speed with all the current developments that will be published on the organization’s official websites after receiving all the necessary information on the OTET 2022 Application form.
OTET 2022 FAQs
Ans. The OTET exam will feature a total of 150 questions for a total of 150 marks in Category I. There are 30 questions in all, divided across 5 subjects. The following topics are covered:
Child Development and Pedagogy
Language I- Bengali/ Telugu/ Hindi/Urdu/ Odia
Language II- English
Ans. The OTET exam pattern for Category II comprises a total of 150 questions for 150 points. There are 30 questions in each of the five subjects. The following topics are covered:
Child Development and Pedagogy
Mathematics (30 questions) & Science (30 questions) or
Social Science (60 questions)
Ans. The OTET 2022 scorecard will be valid for the next 5 years from the date of the announcement of the results. Candidates can, however, always apply for the examination to improve their skills.