MPSC Eligibility 2022: MPSC Rajyaseva Notification 2022 has been released by the Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC). It is critical to review the MPSC Rajyaseva Eligibility Criteria, which will help you determine whether you are eligible for the positions advertised in this recruitment.
The MPSC has also announced the MPSC 2021 exam, which will be held to fill +200 vacancies. For the exam, the minimum and maximum age groups for interested candidates should be 19 and 38 years old, respectively. It is a prerequisite for applying for the MPSC exam in 2022.
To proceed with the MPSC Rajyaseva recruitment, you must meet the MPSC’s eligibility requirements.
Table of Contents
Overview of MPSC Exam 2022
The tabular data can be used by candidates to get a quick overview of the MPSC Exam.
|Name of Exam||Maharashtra Public Services Commission exam|
|MPSC Official website||mpsc.gov.in|
|Conducting Authority||Maharashtra Public Services Commission|
|Basic Educational Eligibility||Graduation|
Eligibility Criteria for MPSC 2022
The following is the minimum and maximum MPSC age limit for the State Service Exam (for the years 2021-22):
- Minimum Age: 19 years old (as on March 1, 2020).
- Maximum Age: 38 years old (as on March 1, 2020). (For General Category)
Candidates must have completed at least 19 years of age in order to sit for the MPSC state exam (on or before March 1 of the year in which candidates are giving the MPSC Prelims exam). Candidates are granted some age concessions based on their category.
The MPSC age relaxation limit for candidates from the OBC, SC, ST, Persons with Disabilities (PwD), and ex-servicemen is as follows:
As per government norms, age relaxation will be applied to candidates who fall into the reserved category.
|For OBC||3 years|
|For SC/ ST||7 years|
|For PwD||Maximum age limit is 45 years|
In the MPSC state services, age relaxation is granted as follows:
|Category||Upper age limit|
|For Backward Class||43 years|
|For Ex-serviceman/ Retired Government Officer|
|For Qualified Player|
|For Candidate with Disabilities||45 years|
The MPSC has established the following requirements in order to claim the benefit of age relaxation or reservation:
- The candidate must be a Maharashtra resident.
- A candidate requesting a seat reservation must present a category certificate from the appropriate authority.
- Candidates who claim reservation/age relaxation in more than one category for the MPSC Rajyaseva Exam are only eligible for one concession, whichever is more advantageous.
Candidates who meet the educational eligibility criteria for MPSC exams listed below are eligible to apply:
- He or she should be proficient in Marathi.
- He or she must have a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification from a recognised university.
- Candidates who are in their final year of college are also eligible to take these exams.
In the official notification for the State Service Exam (Prelims) 2020-21, the MPSC Eligibility is assessed based on the following post-specific criteria:
As MPSC exams are taken for a wide range of positions and services, each one has its own set of eligibility requirements (including educational qualification, physical fitness, etc.). According to the Maharashtra Public Service Commission’s rules, only a few positions require subject-specific expertise.
Physical Measurement Requirements
Candidates must meet physical fitness/measurement requirements as part of the eligibility requirements for several MPSC positions. When applying for positions such as DSP, ACP, and others, the MPSC Physical Qualifications listed below are required:
- 165 cm is the minimum height requirement for the DySP (Dy Superintendent of Police) position (for males)
- It is 157 cm for female candidates.
Number of Attempts
There are no limits to how many times you can attempt the eaxm.
Male candidates who have more than one living wife and female candidates who are married to a man who already has another wife will be ineligible for the Exam unless the Governor grants an exemption.
The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
Maharashtra’s Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, and Other Backward Class reservations shall be admissible in accordance with the relevant government rules.
MPSC Rajyaseva Recruitment 2022 does not require any prior experience. Candidates who have completed their education are eligible to apply for this position. As per the MPSC Rajyaseva recruitment 2022 notification, make sure you meet the age requirements.
Important Points to Remember: MPSC 2022
- Make sure you have all of the necessary documents to meet the MPSC Eligibility Criteria.
- Identity proof is not accepted in the form of ration cards or learner’s driver’s licence.
- Employees and government employees claiming age relaxation must submit a certificate in the format prescribed by the MPSC.
- All of the documents must have the same signature.
- The MPSC’s decisions on eligibility criteria, application acceptance or rejection, penalty for false information, mode of selection, examination(s) conduct, allotment of examination centres, and selection and posting of the chosen candidate will be final. The authority will not respond to any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. Is it possible for me to take the MPSC exam in English?
Ans. Yes, candidates can take the MPSC exam in either English or Marathi. However, if the candidates are selected for the mains exam, they will be required to take a Marathi language paper. Also look over the MPSC Syllabus.
Ques. Can students who have completed their 12th grade apply for the MPSC exam?
Ans. No, students in the 12th grade are not eligible to take the MPSC exam.
Ques. What is the minimum age requirement for applying for MPSC state services?
Ans. To apply for MPSC Rajyaseva online, you must be between the ages of 19 and 38.