Manipur PSC Exam 2022: The Manipur Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination (MPSC Manipur) is held by the Manipur Public Service Commission (MPSC) to identify suitable candidates for Manipur Administrative Services, Manipur Police Services, Subordinate Officers, Finance Officers, and Election Officers.
The Manipur Public Service Commission (MPSC) was established in 1972 under Article 315 of the Indian Constitution and is based in Imphal. It holds various selection rounds to find the most deserving and talented candidates.
MPSC Manipur (Manipur Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination) is a two-tiered exam. For the final selection, candidates must pass both the prelims and the mains exams. Candidates who pass the preliminary exam are shortlisted for the main exam, and after the interview process, the final selection is made on merit.
Manipur PSC Exam An Overview
|Exam Name||Manipur Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination|
|Organization Name||Manipur Public Service Commission (MPSC)|
|Level of Exam||Manipur State|
|Application Mode||Offline and Online both|
|Fee for Application||General – Rs 200|
OBC – Rs 200
SC/ST – Rs 50
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours for each paper|
Manipur PSC Exam Dates 2022
The MPSC Manipur Exam Dates 2022, as well as other important dates, are listed below:
|Exam related Events||MPSC Manipur Exam Dates|
|Release of MPSC Manipur 2022 Official Notification||Yet to be declared|
|Registration for MPSC Manipur||Yet to be declared|
|Last Date to apply for MPSC Manipur 2022||Yet to be declared|
|Admit Card 2022 Release Date||Yet to be Released|
|MPSC Manipur 2022 Examination||1st week of October(Tentative)|
|MPSC Manipur 2022 Results||To be Announced|
MaManipur PSC Exam 2022 Application Form
The Manipur Civil Service Application Process is detailed in the sections below.
- Check the official website for more information.
- To apply for any position, the candidate must complete a One-Time Registration on the website.
- Log in to the website after registering and fill out the application form.
- The candidate must fill out the form with personal information such as his or her name, address, gender, educational qualifications, and so on.
- Documents, photos, and a scanned signature should all be uploaded.
- Pay the appropriate fees.
- Fill out the application form and submit it.
- Make a note of the reference number and then download and print the completed application form.
The application fee can only be paid via the internet. Any other mode of payment paid to the commission by candidates will be duly rejected by the commission. Fees are not refundable under any circumstances once they have been paid. The fee is different depending on the candidate’s category:
- General Merit: INR 600
- SC/ST: INR 400
- Physically Disabled candidates: No Fee.
MManipur PSC Exam 2022 Eligibility
To apply for the MPSC Manipur Exam, candidates must have the required educational qualifications and meet the age requirements.
The candidate must be :
- A citizen of India
- Permanent resident of Manipur
MPSC Manipur Eligibility: Age Limits
Candidates who apply for the MPSC Manipur exam must meet the age requirements outlined in the official notification. Applicants must be at least 21 years old and no older than 30 years old on July 1, 2022.
SC/STs have a 5-year upper age limit relaxation, OBCs have a 3-year upper age limit relaxation, and PWDs have a 10-year upper age limit relaxation. Candidates who are physically handicapped and belong to the SC/ST/OBC categories will be eligible for a cumulative age relaxation under both categories.
The upper age limit for candidates in all categories has been relaxed by 5 years, and the current upper age limit for all categories of candidates is:
|Category Name||Upper Age Limit|
|General Category||35 years|
|SC & ST||40 years|
|Visually impaired, hearing impaired and orthopaedic candidates belonging to the General category||45 years|
|Visually impaired, hearing impaired and orthopaedic candidates belonging to the OBC category||48 years|
|Visually impaired, hearing impaired and orthopaedic candidates belonging to SC & ST category||50 years|
Candidates must possess a degree from one of the universities established by an Act of the Central or State Legislatures in India, or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament and recognized as universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or equivalent qualifications as prescribed under Section 6 (iii) of II, Chapter I of the Manipur Public Service Competitiveness Test Rules, 2010.
Manipur PSC Exam 2022 Syllabus
The MPSC Manipur Syllabus is provided in detail below.
- Paper-I: General Studies – Current events of national and international importance, History of India and Indian National Movement, Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic, Geography of India and the World, Indian Polity and Governance-Constitutional, Political System, Panchayat Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues etc, Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc, General Issues of Environment ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- Paper-II: General Aptitude – Comprehension, Interpersonal skills including communication skills; Logical reasoning and analytic ability; General mental ability; Basic numeracy (number and their relation, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level),Decision making and problem-solving; Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- General English: English Grammar, Precise writing and sentence completion,Vocabulary, Paragraph writing , Idioms, phrases, and language usage.
- Essay: Candidates will be asked to write an essay on one of several topics; they must maintain the essay’s central theme, write relevant points, and present them clearly and concisely.
- General Studies-I: History of India and the world, Geography of Manipur, Socio-cultural aspects of the country, Physical geography,Geographical aspects of the world.
- General Studies-II: Indian polity and administration,Constitution of India , India and international relations, Governance and bureaucracy, Social justice
- General Studies-III: Science and technology, Economic development, Ecology and environmental studies, Biodiversity, Indian disaster management techniques
- General Studies-IV: Ethics, Integrity,Roles of a civil servant, Aptitude, Attitudes and behaviour management of civil service officers
- Candidates may be quizzed on their general knowledge and current events.
- The candidate’s ability to serve in managerial and higher-ranking positions in the civil service will be assessed. Candidates will be graded on mental acuity, capacity, aptitude, critical thinking, interpersonal thinking, communication skills, and clarity of thought.
- The candidate’s ability to interact with the panel in a timely and responsive manner will be evaluated.
Manipur PSC Exam Pattern 2022
The MPSC Manipur examination is divided into two parts. For the final selection, candidates must pass both the Prelims and the Mains examinations.
Candidates who pass the preliminary exam are shortlisted for the mains exam, and after the interview process, final selection is made on merit.
MPSC Manipur Prelims Exam Pattern
MPSC Manipur Prelims Exam 2022 has two papers. Both sessions will be conducted in English, Hindi, and Manipuri. MPSC Manipur Prelims 2022 will have MCQ type questions. The nature of Paper-II is qualifying. The MPSC Manipur Prelims exam pattern is as follows:
|Category Name||Application Fees|
|Economically Weaker Sections ( EWS)||Rs. 200/-|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||Rs. 200/-|
|SC/ ST||Rs. 50|
To take the MPSC Manipur Mains exam, you must pass both papers of the Manipur Civil Services Combined Competitive (Prelim) Examination.
MPSC Manipur Mains Exam Pattern 2022
The General English paper will be of qualifying nature and will be of Matriculation or equivalent standard. This paper’s grades will not be used to determine ranking.
Only those candidates whose Essay, General Studies, and Optional Subjects papers have met the Commission’s minimum standard for the qualifying papers, namely General English, will be evaluated.
The scripts to be used for the literary papers of Hindi, Manipuri, and English are Devanagari, Bengali, and English, respectively. The Mains Examination question papers will be of a subjective nature.
Here is the MPSC Manipur Mains Exam Pattern:
|Papers||Names of the Subjects||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Paper-I:||English Language||300||3 hrs|
|Paper-II: General Studies – I||Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society||300||3 hrs|
|Paper III: General studies II||Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations||300||3 hrs|
|Paper-IV: General Studies – III||Technology, Economic Development, Biodiversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management||300||3 hrs|
|Paper-V: General Studies – IV||Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude||300||3 hrs|
|Paper-VI & VII:||Optional Subject||300||3 hrs|
Note: Candidates will not be allowed to take the following combination of subjects:
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary. Science and Medical Science
- Management & Public Administration
- Education and Philosophy or Psychology or Sociology.
- Anthropology & Sociology
- Commerce & Accountancy and management
- Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Agriculture & Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Of the Engineering Subjects viz. Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering- not more than one subject
Manipur PSC Exam 2022 Preparation Plan
- Candidates must have a thorough understanding of the syllabus.
- Both prelims and mains preparation should begin at the same time.
- Regular revision will aid in covering the syllabus for the large portion of papers in the main examination.
- Take advantage of practice tests and online assessments.
- The best tool is self-evaluation.
- The syllabus overlaps to a large extent because there are four papers in general studies for mains and two for prelims. Candidates should plan ahead of time.
- Decide what you want to study and what you don’t want to study.
- Make sure you don’t have too many books to study.
- Keep relevant reference materials on hand for the duration of your studies.
- Changing books on a regular basis is not a good idea.
- Conduct peer reviews and discussions to encourage self-participation in group discussions. This will aid in the development of communication skills in preparation for the interview.
- Every round of the exam is crucial, and every section of the syllabus is equally vital.
Manipur PSC Exam Book Recoomendations
The following is a suggested reading list for the Manipur Civil Service Exam.
- History of Modern India by Bipin Chandra
- Geography by Majid Hussain
- General Knowledge of Manipur from the RPH Editorial Board.
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
- Quantitative Aptitude by R S Aggarwal
- NCERT Class 6th to 12th books
- Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania
Manipur PSC Exam Admit Card 2022
To write the exam, you must bring the MPSC Manipur Admit Card issued by the Manipur Public Service Commission (MPSC) with you. MPSC Hall Ticket is available online for all written examinations held by the Manipur Public Service Commission.
The following are the steps to obtain the MPSC Manipur Admit Card:
- Step 1: Check out the MPSC’s official website.
- Step 2: Find the Manipur Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination Admit Card Link under the Notifications tab and click it.
- Step 3: Fill in your login and password information.
- Step 4: You will see your MPSC Manipur 2022 Admit Card on your screen. It’s best to save it for later.
Manipur PSC Exam Cutoffs 2022
Due to the huge amount of competition, scoring higher than the minimum qualifying marks doesn’t really guarantee selection. Candidates who receive the highest marks are shortlisted for the next round of selection.
The cutoff marks are the scores of the last candidates in each category who were chosen. Candidates must achieve scores that are equal to or higher than the cutoffs in order to be considered for further consideration.
MPSC Manipur Expected Cutoff
|Category Name||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC NCL)||1324 Marks|
|SC / ST / PwD||1313 / 1245 /1163 Marks|
MManipur PSC Exam Interview 2022
- The MPSC Manipur Main Examination qualified candidates will be called for an Interview/ Personality Test.
- The interview/personality test will be worth 200 marks.
- The interview marks will be used to determine the Final Merit list.
Manipur PSC Exam Results 2022
Following the completion of the MPSC Manipur Examination 2022, the Manipur Public Service Commission (Manipur PSC) publishes the results on its website. The organisation announces the candidates’ scores and also the minimum cutoff scores for passing the exam in various categories. Candidates are advised to check their results on the official website once they are released.
The MPSC Manipur Result 2022 can be viewed by following these steps:
- Step 1: Visit the MPSC’s official website.
- Step 2: Click on the Manipur Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination Result Link under the Notifications tab.
- Step 3: Login using your username and password, as well as your date of birth.
- Step 4: The MPSC Manipur Result will display on the screen, which you can download and save for future use.
Manipur PSC Exam 2022 Salary & Benefits
MPSC Manipur Salary varies depending on the position and years of service. The following is the expected pay for MPSC Manipur qualified candidates:
|Post Name||Pay Scale|
|Manipur Civil Service Grade II||Rs.9,300-34,800/- + Rs.5,400 (GP) Rs.9,300-34,800/- + Rs.4,400(GP)|
|Manipur Police Service Grade II||Rs.9,300-34,800/- +Rs.4,400(GP)|
|Manipur Finance Service Grade III||Rs.9,300-34,800/- +Rs.5,400(GP)|
|Sub Deputy Collector||Rs.9,300-34,800/- +Rs.4,400(GP)|
|Election Officer||Rs.9,300-34,800/- +Rs.4,400(GP)|
Candidates are also given a variety of perks and other benefits. The following are some of the advantages:
- Medical facilities
- Renewal of salary on a fixed date and many more allowances.
- Travel allowance
- Home allowance
- Easy leave applicability
- Good work environment
Manipur PSC Exam 2022 Vacancies
Every year, the number of positions and vacancies will change. Here is a list of possible job openings.
- Manipur Police Service Grade-II
- Manipur Finance Service Grade-III
- Manipur Secretariat
- Sub Deputy Collector
- Manipur Civil Service Grade-II
Manipur PSC Exam Selection Process 2022
The candidates are chosen on the basis of their qualifications. The stages of the MPSC Manipur selection process are as follows:
- Conducting the Eligible Candidates’ Preliminary Exam.
- Candidates are shortlisted for the Mains Exam based on their prelims performance.
- Candidates who pass the mains exam must then go through an interview process before being shortlisted based on their overall score.
- During the counselling round, selected candidates are given the opportunity to choose their preferred posting.
- The document verification round is also held at the centre, and candidates must be present with all documents required and certificates.
Finally, all selected candidates will receive their job description in the mail to their communication address, and they will be required to report to their assigned location on the specified date.
Manipur PSC Exam FAQs
The MPSC Manipur exam is not difficult. It is possible to prepare it with the appropriate methodology and study plan.
It is unchangeable. You must first clear or erase that educational detail before adding it again.
Yes, the cutoff is made public along with the final results.
If you applied online, the Manipur Public Service Commission has already received your application. As a result, so no need to send a paper copy.