The Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission, or JSSC, is a state-level staff selection commission that serves the state of Jharkhand. The JSSC will be recruiting for group B and group C positions in the state government’s various departments. The Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission Act of 2008 established the commission. The commission is led by a Chairman and two government department representatives.
The JSSC will soon issue a notice to fill the vacancies for the year 2024. Applicants who believe they are eligible and suitable for the given roles may apply for the required fields by filling out the JSSC Recruitment application form with the required information. The relevant details about the job roles and description can be found in the sections below. The application will be released in September of 2024 and will tentatively close in October of the same year.
Table of Contents
JSSC Recruitment 2024 Highlights
|Name of Exam||Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission Recruitment|
|Conducting Body||JSSC – Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission|
|Eligibility criteria||Graduate/other required qualifications|
|Exam phase||2 – Prelims and Mains|
|Prelims Duration||2 hours|
|Mains Duration||2 hours for each paper (total 6 hours – 3 papers)|
|Helpdesk||Contact number: +91-9264431721|
Email id: Jharkhand_ssc@rediffmail.com
JSSC Recruitment 2024 Important Dates
|Application release date||2nd week of September 2024 (tentative)|
|Application close date||2nd week of October 2024 (tentative)|
JSSC Recruitment 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants applying for the JSSC Recruitment must have a graduate degree from a recognised university or institution. Any additional information will need to be updated while filling out the application form for the domain you choose.
|Category||Maximum age allowed|
|OBC / BC – Male candidates||37 years|
|General / OBC / BC – Female candidates||38 years|
|SC / ST||40 years|
How to Apply for JSSC Recruitment 2024?
Candidates must check their eligibility criteria and required qualifications before applying for the JSSC. Applicants can fill out the online application form and submit it directly on the official website after they have verified their eligibility. Applicants must pay a fee for any of the roles they have applied for after submitting their application forms; if they do not pay the fees, their application will be rejected. For special reserved candidates/castes, there are some fee payment exemptions that are in line with government regulations.
Steps for filling of application form
- Step 1: Go to JSSC’s official website, jssc.nic.in.
- Step 2: On the website’s home page, select the “Important links” tab.
- Step 3: Select “Application form” from the “Important links” tab.
- Step 4: Choose the JSSC Recruitment application form that you want to apply for.
- Step 5: Fill out your personal information and register your phone number and email address.
- Step 6: When you’re finished registering, choose “use the registration details and password to login into the portal and fill out the application form using the specified JSSC Recruitment link.”
- Step 7: After filling out your personal information, upload an image/document with your passport-size photo, signature, and caste/special reserved certificate (if applicable/asked).
- Step 8: You will now be directed to the payment slab, where you can pay the application fee using any of the available payment methods.
- Step 9: Once you’ve paid the fees, click FINAL submission to submit your application form and finish the process.
- For applicants in the General and OBC categories, the application fee is INR 800/-.
- The application fee for applicants from the SC, ST, and PWD categories is INR 200/-
|HSSC Group D||CGPEB||UKSSSC|
|RSMSSB||WBSSC||RSMSSB Junior Instructor|
JSSC Recruitment 2024 Examination Pattern
- Exam model: Offline
- Exam Duration: 2 hours
- Exams will be conducted in 2 phases: Prelims and Mains.
Applicants who pass the prelims exam will advance to the Mains exam.
Prelims exam pattern:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Personality check questions||20||60|
|Questions related to Jharkhand state||30||90|
The questions on the paper have a negative marking system. Any incorrect answers attempted in the examination will receive a negative one (-1) mark.
Exam duration: 2 hours
Mains Exam pattern:
|Subject||No. of questions||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Language (Hindi, English)||120||120 minutes||360|
|Ethnic and Regional Languages||100||120 minutes||300|
|General Knowledge||150||120 minutes||450|
In the case of any incorrect answers attempted in any of the papers in the Mains exams, a negative one (-1) will be given.
JSSC Recruitment 2024 Admit Card Download
The JSSC only provides an admit card to all registered applicants through the official website, and it must be downloaded from there. After logging in with the registered id/password generated during the registration process, applicants must download the admit card. Applicants must download the admit card because it contains personal information as well as information about the examination date, location, and time.
- Applicants should only download the admit card from the official website when it becomes available, as the JSSC does not share the applicants’ personal information with any third parties.
- Applicants must print a hard copy of their hall ticket and bring it with them to the examination hall for verification.
- To avoid any flaws, applicants must bring a government-issued Photo ID proof to the examination hall along with their admit card.
JSSC Recruitment 2024 Selection Process
The JSSC selection process consists of two steps: a written test and an interview.
Written Test: Applicants who have applied for the JSSC Recruitment must download their admit card and appear for the written test on the specified date and time.
Applicants will be shortlisted for interviews based on their ability to achieve the minimum qualifying marks set by the authorities for the various roles. Shortlisted applicants will be asked to participate in an interview round in order to be considered for the positions for which they have applied.
JSSC Recruitment 2024 Result
Aspirants can check their results only on the JSSC’s official website. The final merit list will be generated based on the qualifying marks and will be used to announce the results. Candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be given a date and time slot for document verifications, followed by an interview.
JSSC Recruitment 2024 Salary Pay scale
- Basic pay of INR 5,200-20,200 for the Lower Division Clerk position with a grade pay of INR 1,900/- is offered.
- Contact information in case of any query:
- Contact number: +91-9264431721
- Email id: Jharkhand_ssc@rediffmail.comJSSC FAQs
JSSC Recruitment 2024 FAQs
Visit the official website (www.jssc.nic.in).
Navigate to the “important links” tab on the home page.
Click on “Apply now” when the application process is open.
Yes, there will be a negative marking system.
A negative one (-1) will be awarded for each incorrectly attempted question.
There is no penalty for updating personal details like name, date of birth, etc.
However, updating photograph, caste, or signature may incur a fine of INR 200/-.
The selection process consists of two steps: a written test and an interview.
Candidates achieving required marks in the written test will proceed to the interview round.
Yes, it’s essential to carry a government-issued photo ID along with the admit card.
The ID is used to verify information at the examination center.
Yes, downloading the admit card is mandatory.
A hard copy (printout) of the admit card must be brought to the examination center.
The mode of examination is offline.
Admit card will provide details about the examination location, date, and time.
Registration is anticipated to begin in September 2024.
Stay updated by visiting the official website regularly.
The Mains exam lasts for 2 hours for the prelims (full paper).
Each paper in the Mains exam is also 2 hours, totaling 6 hours for 3 papers.
For General and OBC category candidates, the fee is INR 800/-.
For SC / ST / PWD category candidates, the fee is INR 200/-.