JPSC Syllabus 2022: Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) has released the JPSC Syllabus 2022 on their official website. Prelims and mains are the two parts of the exam. Candidates should ensure that they are familiar with all of the topics, including the detailed syllabus. Having the JPSC Syllabus PDF on hand allows you to study whenever and wherever you want.
The syllabus is a list of topics that will be covered in the Prelims and Mains exams. The JPSC prelims syllabus covers General Studies 1 and 2, while the JPSC mains syllabus covers language and literature, history, geography, constitution, polity, and so on. Understanding topics is the first and most important step in your preparation because it will show you where to begin and what you should cover.
Table of Contents
Steps to download the JPSC Syllabus 2022
Candidates preparing for JPSC 2022 can download the JPSC Syllabus from the steps provided below.
- Go to the official site (jpsc.gov.in).
- Click the JPSC Syllabus link on the homepage (Combined Civil Services Exam).
- Click the link.
- A new window will appear on the screen, displaying the JPSC Syllabus.
- Keep the syllabus for future reference.
Syllabus for JPSC Prelims
The JPSC Prelims Syllabus consists of two mandatory papers, with all questions being objective in nature. Like the UPSC, the prelims exam has two General Studies papers. Candidates must be familiar with the JPSC Prelims Syllabus in order to pass this exam. The main topics and sections of the Prelims Exam are as follows:
- Paper 1: General Studies
- Paper 2: General Studies (Jharkhand specific general studies)
Syllabus for GS Paper 1
The General Studies Paper 1 syllabus for JPSC Prelims is listed below:
- Jharkhand Specific Questions.
- General Science.
- Economic & Sustainable Development.
- History of India.
- Geography of India.
- Indian Polity and Governance.
- National & International Current Events.
- Technology & IT.
- General Questions on Miscellaneous Nature.
General Questions on Miscellaneous Nature comprises of,
- Disaster Management.
- Human Rights.
- Biodiversity, Climate Change.
- UN and Other International Agencies.
Syllabus for GS Paper 2
The General Studies Paper 2 syllabus for JPSC Prelims is listed below:
- Jharkhand: Major educational institutions
- Jharkhand: Disaster Management
- Jharkhand movement
- Jharkhand: Land-related Laws/Acts
- The specific identity of Jharkhand
- Jharkhand: Literature and Literary people
- Jharkhand: Sports
- Jharkhand: People and Literature
- Jharkhand: Industries and resources
- History of Jharkhand
Syllabus for JPSC Mains
The JPSC mains syllabus does not include any optional papers. The main exam is subjective in nature. There are six papers in total in the main exam. Each paper takes three hours to complete. All of the papers must be completed. The main exam scheme is discussed in the table below:
|Paper 1||Hindi and English||100 Marks|
|Paper 2||Language and Literature||150 Marks|
|Paper 3||Social Sciences||200 Marks|
|Paper 4||Indian Constitution, Polity, Public Administration & Good Government||200 Marks|
|Paper 5||The economy of India, Globalization & Sustainable Development||200 Marks|
|Paper 6||General Sciences, Environment & Technology Development||200 Marks|
Paper 1 (General Hindi and General English)
Paper 1 is a qualifying exam; each candidate must score at least 30 out of 100 marks. Mains Paper 1 will have two sections, according to the JPSC exam pattern:
Both papers will be of 50 marks each. This test is used to assess a candidate’s ability to communicate in more than two languages. This paper is divided into the following categories based on the JPSC exam pattern:
Paper 2 (Language and Literature)
The candidates appearing for this paper can select from one of the following languages and literature:
- Bengali Language and Literature
- Kurmali Language and Literature
- Kurux Language and Literature
- Oriya Language and Literature
- Sanskrit Language and Literature
- Hindi Language and Literature
- Urdu Language and Literature
- Nagpuri Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- Santhali Language and Literature
- Khortha Language and Literature
- Mundari Language and Literature
- Khadia Language and Literature
- Ho Language and Literature
- Panchpargania Language and Literature
Paper 3 (Social Sciences, History and Geography)
The Mains Paper 3 is consists of two sections:
- Indian History
- Indian Geography
|Industrial and Urban Development|
Physical and Human Geography of India
The style of Urban Settlement and Pollution problems.
Jharkhand Geography and utilization of its resources
Natural Resources of India
The following two sections are covered in this paper:
- Public Administration and Good governance
- Indian Constitution and Polity
|Indian Constitution and Polity||Public Administration and Good Governance|
|Provisions regarding administration of SC/ST Areas. |
Main features of the Indian constitution
Basis Fundamental Rights and Duties
Government of the state
Public and private administration
Questions about the Indian economy, globalisation, and other related topics will be asked. The JPSC Paper Five Mains Syllabus includes the following topics:
Basic features of the Indian Economy
- Agriculture and Rural economy
- Public finance
- Indian Trade, Balance of Payment
- Industrial economy
- National Income
- Public expenditure
- Fiscal policy
- Demographic features
- Indian monetary and its structure
Sustainable Development, Indian Development Strategy, and Economic Issues
- Food and nutritional security
- Development status, problems related to socially and economically marginalized sections
- Economic Reforms taken
- Sustainable development
- Importance of Foreign capital, role of technology in the growth of Indian economy
- Poverty and Unemployment
- Economic development, its meaning and measurement
Nature and Impact on Indian economy
- Globalization of Indian Economy
- Agriculture sector
- Reforms made in the financial and banking industry
- New economic reforms
- Industrial development and economic reforms in India
The economy of Jharkhand – its features, problems, challenges, and key strategies
- Land, forest and environmental problems in Jharkhand
- Economic growth and present structure of economy of Jharkhand
- Demography features of Jharkhand
- Poverty status, unemployment, food security, malnutrition, education reforms, and health indicators in Jharkhand, etc.
The exam will cover the following topics from the following five sections:
- Agriculture Science
- Science and Technology Development
- Environmental Science
- Physical Science
- Life Science
Preparation Tips for JPSC Syllabus 2022
Candidates should start studying for the JPSC Exam as soon as possible because it covers a wide range of subjects. The JPSC syllabus 2022 is challenging and difficult to pass for candidates taking the exam. We have provided extensive details about it. The following are some JPSC Exam Preparation Tips.
- A candidate must set up a study schedule for himself or herself.
- Making a list of what to study and when to study it helps to make concepts feel more manageable.
- Candidates must take Mock tests on a regular basis to improve their skills.
- Candidates use question papers from previous years to help them understand and solve questions during the final exam.
- Before starting their preparations, candidates should review the JPSC Syllabus.
- Candidates who have previously passed any type of competitive exam have always advised first-time candidates to take notes in the form of running or short notes while learning during the early stages of preparation.
- Everything needs to be written down in short paragraphs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques- What is the age requirement to apply for the JPSC Exam?
Ans- Candidates must be at least 21 years old, with a maximum age limit of 35 years old.
Ques- Is the JPSC and UPSC syllabus the same? Is it possible for me to study for both exams at the same time?
Ans- The JPSC syllabus is very similar to the UPSC syllabus. The JPSC Syllabus covers both the JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains syllabus. You can study for both exams, but you must be familiar with the most recent syllabus for each.
Ques- Is the JPSC Syllabus updated each year?
Ans- The syllabus for the JPSC does not change every year. The subjects in each section are mostly the same. The Commission modifies the syllabus to reflect current trends, but the subjects in each paper remain consistent for a long time. The most recent syllabus can be found on the official website or here.