The Indian Army has released its technical syllabus and examination pattern. Job seekers interested in applying for the Indian Army Soldier Technical post should familiarise themselves with the Indian Army Technical syllabus. The Indian Army Technical syllabus is divided into two parts. General Knowledge & Reasoning, Maths, Physics, and Chemistry are among the subjects tested in the Indian Army Recruitment exam. Candidates who pass the physical fitness, physical measurement, and medical exams will be considered eligible to take the Indian Army Technical exam.
Candidates will find a detailed breakdown of the Indian Army Technical syllabus and exam pattern for the year 2022 in this article. Candidates can download previous year’s papers to help them prepare.
Table of Contents
Highlights of Indian Army Technical Exam 2022
The important information about the Indian Army Technical Exam is given below in the table:
|Exam Name||Indian Army Technical Recruitment Exam|
|Organising Body||Indian Army|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Marking Scheme||For each correct answer, the candidate will receive 4 marks. For each wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.|
|Time Duration||60 minutes (1 hour)|
|Question Type||Multiple choice-based objective questions|
Syllabus for Indian Army Technical Exam 2022
The major sections of the exam are:
- General knowledge
Syllabus for General Knowledge
This section contains questions about current events and other topics. Basic information about where things are happening in the world can be easily obtained from newspapers, news, or the internet, and a review of the Class 12 books is sufficient for the static portion.
- The Constitution of India
- Prominent personalities
- Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India and at the world level in recent years
- International Organizations
- Continents and Sub Continents
- Books and Authors
- Current important world events
- India and its neighboring countries especially about History, Culture, Geography, and who’s who
- Awards and Prizes
- Inventions and Discoveries
- Indian Armed Forces (IAF)
Syllabus for Physics
Questions about matter, fundamental constituents, motion and behaviour in space and time, and the related entities of energy and force are all covered in this section.
- Density and Specific Gravity
- Ohms Law
- Reflection and refraction
- Velocity and Acceleration
- The motion of objects
- Force and Momentum
- Newtons Laws of Motion
- Elementary ideas of work
- Simple Electrical Circuits
- Type and properties of the magnet
- Heat and its Effects
- Sound waves and their properties
- Physical Properties and States of Matter
- Parallelogram of Forces
- Static and Current Electricity
- Spherical mirrors and Lenses
- Conductors and Non-conductors
- Power and Energy
- Principle of Archimedes
- Stability and Equilibrium of bodies
- Pressure Barometer
Syllabus for Mathematics
Numbers (arithmetic and number theory), formulas and related structures (algebra), shapes and spaces (geometry), and quantities and their changes are all covered in this section (calculus and analysis).
- Matrices & Determinants
- Differential Calculus
- Area, Volume, and Surface Area
- Analytical Geometry
- Integral Calculus
- Number Systems
- Probability and Statistics
- Fundamental arithmetical operations
Syllabus for Biology
This section contains questions about living organisms and their vital functions.
- The uniqueness of the human body
- The necessity of a balanced diet
- Food and Health
- Life Process
- Human Beings
- Basic Biology
- Study of Birds
Syllabus for Chemistry
This section contains questions about matter’s properties and behaviour.
- Acids, bases, and salts
- Natural and Artificial Fertilizers
- Mixtures and Compounds
- Physical and Chemical changes
- Oxidation and Reduction
- Carbon and its forms
- Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom, Atomic, Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency
- Formulae and simple Chemical Equations
- Law of Chemical Combination
- Properties of Air and Water
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Carbon dioxide
How to Prepare for Indian Army Technical Exam
- Clearing basic arithmetic with formulas and for the General Knowledge section, the candidate should not overlook any section, so Economics, General Politics, Indian Constitution, Sports, and General Science should be given equal weight.
- Candidates should develop a routine that suits their needs, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Practising previous year’s questions and mock papers will help the aspirant gain confidence in his or her ability to pass the Indian Army Technical Exam.
Candidates preparing for the exam should review the toppers’ and experts’ preparation strategies to learn about the best approach for each topic. All official notifications and updates are published on the official website, so it’s crucial to keep an eye on it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. What is the official website for those preparing for the Indian Army Technical Exam?
Ans. For Indian Army Technical Exam candidates, the official website is https://joinindianarmy.nic.in, where they can check the most recent Indian Army Technical Notification.
Ques. What are the concepts that the questions are based on?
Ans. General Knowledge, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology are the main subjects on which the questions are based on.
Ques. What is the format of the Indian Army Technical Recruitment Exam in terms of language?
Ans. This exam is available in both English and Hindi.