Indian Army Technical Eligibility Criteria 2022: The Indian Army holds recruitment rallies to recruit soldiers for the position of Indian Army Soldier Technical. Throughout India, numerous recruitment rallies are held. Every year, lakhs of people apply for the Indian Army Technical post, according to the Indian Army. The Indian Army Technical recruitment process, on the other hand, consists of a physical fitness test, a medical exam, the Common Entrance Exam (CEE), and a rigorous training period.
Highlights of Indian Army Technical Recruitment Eligibility Criteria 2022
Here is the eligibility criteria for the Indian Army recruitment 2022 given in the table below:
|Name of the Organisation||Indian Army|
|Post Name||Soldier Technical|
|Total Vacancies||To be announced|
|Selection Process||Physical test followed by Common Entrance Exam or CEE.|
|Exam Mode||Offline mode|
|Educational Qualification||Has to pass 10 (+2) from Science stream (PCM and English)|
|Age Criteria (As on October 01, 2022)||17 years, 6 months to 23 years|
|Nationality||Has to be a citizen of India/ Subject of Nepal/ migrated person of Indian Origin|
|Experience||No prior experience is required|
|Marital Status||Candidate has to be unmarried (below the age of 21)|
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Army Technical 2022
The eligibility criteria for the Indian Army Technical include educational qualifications, physical fitness tests, medical tests, and age group.
- Candidates must have completed their 10(+2) in the Science stream, with the main subjects being Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English.
- Candidates must have a cumulative score of 50% or higher.
- Candidates must achieve a minimum of 40% in each of the above-mentioned subjects.
- The percentage will be considered invalid if it is rounded off. If the percentage is 49.9%, it is considered less than 50%, and the candidate(s) will be ineligible for the Indian Army Soldier Technical position.
- Candidates must have passed their 10(+2) board exams from a board recognised by the Indian government.
- Only those candidates who have passed an educational board recognised by the AICTE, CBSE, NIOS, or COBSE will be considered for the Indian Army Technical position.
- Candidates who are taking their 10(+2) board exams can also apply for the Indian Army Technical Recruitment. Candidates must, however, ensure that they have the latter’s pass certificate and a valid mark sheet when submitting the documents before applying for the former.
The age limit is one of the most important criteria for any job exam. The Indian Army has set the following age limit for the Indian Army Technical exam:
- Candidates must be between the ages of 17 and 6 months and 23 years, but not older than that.
- The Indian Army does not allow age relaxation for the Indian Army Technical Recruitment exam.
The Indian Army only recruits soldiers for the Technical position after they have proven themselves physically, mentally, and intellectually. The physical fitness of the candidates is one of the most important stages of selection. The candidates must meet the following physical requirements which vary from region to region.
|Region||Height in cm|
|The Western Plain region which includes Chandigarh, Western Uttar Pradesh (Meerut and Agra Division), Haryana, Delhi, Punjab, and Rajasthan||170|
|Eastern Himalayan region which includes Sikkim, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Hill Region of West Bengal (Gangtok, Darjeeling, and Kalimpong)||160|
|Eastern Plains region which includes Bihar, Eastern Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Orissa, and Jharkhand||169|
|Western Himalayan region which includes Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Garhwal, and Kumaon (Uttarakhand), Punjab Hills (Area south and west of the Inter-State Border between Himachal Pradesh and North and East of Road Mukerian, Hoshiarpur, Garh Shankar, Ropar and Chandigarh)||163|
|Central region which includes Maharashtra, Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh||168|
|Southern region which includes Goa, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Karnataka||167|
|Region||Weight in kg|
|Region of the Western Plain which includes Western Uttar Pradesh (Meerut and Agra Division), Chandigarh, Rajasthan, Delhi, Punjab and Haryana||50|
|Eastern Himalayan region which includes Sikkim, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Hill Region of West Bengal (Gangtok, Darjeeling, and Kalimpong)||48|
|Eastern Plains region which includes Bihar, Eastern Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Orissa, and Jharkhand||50|
|Western Himalayan region which includes Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Garhwal, and Kumaon (Uttarakhand), Punjab Hills (Area south and west of the Inter State Border between Himachal Pradesh and North and East of Road Mukerian, Hoshiarpur, Garh Shankar, Ropar and Chandigarh)||48|
|Central region which includes Maharashtra, Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh||50|
|Southern region which includes Goa, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Karnataka||50|
The chest requirement for the applicants belonging from all the regions in the tables mentioned above is 77cm.
Medical Fitness Criteria
The Indian Army’s medical fitness of its soldiers and potential soldiers is one of its most important aspects. Candidates must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for the position:
- The applicant must be mentally sound and stable.
- The candidate must have excellent eyesight and hearing.
- Martin’s lantern shows that the candidate must be able to read 6/6 with both eyes from a distance.
- All colours must be recognised separately by the candidate.
- Healthy gums and at least 14 dental points are required of the candidate.
- The candidate must be free of ailments such as piles, hydrocele, and the like.
Any married candidate above the age of 21 but under the age of 23 will be considered eligible. Married men under the age of 21 will not be considered for this position. A man under the age of 21 who is married to his deceased brother’s wife is considered eligible. In such cases, the recruitment rally will make the final decision.
Prior work experience is not required for candidates applying for the Indian Army Technical position. If he has previous work experience, he must show his recruitment ID to the hiring authorities. During the document verification stage, the ID will be presented to the authorities.
- All Indian male citizens will be considered for the Indian Army Technical position if they meet all of the other requirements.
- Other than Indians, a Nepalese subject, or Indian immigrants from Pakistan, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Vietnam are all East African countries.
- Citizens of Burma and Sri Lanka are also eligible to apply. Migrants must show proof of their intent to meet the technical requirements of the Indian Army.
Only men will be considered for the position of Indian Technical, as long as they meet the other requirements.
To be considered for the position, aspirants must meet the eligibility requirements, which are self-evident. They don’t require any additional reminders to prepare for the exam. The eager aspirants will begin and continue their preparations in the effective manner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. Is it possible to apply for the position of Indian Army Technical with a scribe?
Ans. No, the Indian Army requires that all applicants and recruits be physically fit and free of illness. They must also pass a physical fitness test in addition to the written test or CEE.
Ques. What is an Indian Army Technical’s salary during their training period?
Ans. During the training period for the post of Indian Army Technical, a selected candidate will receive a stipend of INR 8,000 per week.
Ques. Is math a requirement for filling the application form?
Ans. Yes, mathematics is required for the Indian Army Technical qualification. Mathematics must be one of the most important subjects in high school. The CEE evaluates mathematical abilities.