Indian Army Technical Recruitment 2022: The Indian Army is the largest component of the Indian Armed Forces and its land-based branch. It holds technical recruitment examinations for candidates interested in working in the technical domains of the Indian Army.
For the final selection in the recruitment process, the shortlisted candidates must complete a 9-month training program. It is a necessary examination held to recruit candidates for the Indian Army’s technical requirements.
The Indian Army Technical Recruitment 2022 is open to eligible male candidates from all over India. The Indian Army will recruit candidates for the rank of soldier (technical) through various recruitment rallies. There would be a slew of rallies held all over the country. The various Army Offices located throughout India organize these rallies.
Indian Army Technical Recruitment 2022 Overview
Interested candidates should review the table below for details on the recruitment process for the year 2022.
|Organization Name||Indian Army|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Frequency of Exam||Annually|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (expected)|
|Duration of Exam||1 Hour|
|Language of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Name of Official Website||http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in/|
Indian Army Technical Eligibility 2022
Candidates interested in taking the Indian Army Technical exam should be aware of the requirements. The Indian Army has a stringent recruitment process that takes into account everything from merit to physique. The following sections make up the Indian Army’s technical qualification criteria:
- Educational Qualifications
- Age Criteria
- Physical Fitness
- Medical Fitness
- Marital Status
- Work Experience
Criteria for Educational Qualifications
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 in the Science stream, with the main subjects being Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English.
- They must achieve an aggregate score of at least 50%.
- Candidates must achieve a minimum grade of 40% in each of the previously mentioned subjects.
- The percentage will not be considered valid if it is rounded off. It means that 49.9% will be considered less than 50% and thus ineligible for the Indian Army Soldier Technical Post.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 from an educational board recognized by the Indian government.
- Only candidates who have graduated from one of the educational boards listed by COBSE, AICTE, NIOS, and CBSE are eligible to take the Indian Army Technical exam in 2020-21.
- The Indian Army Technical exam is open to candidates who are taking their final 10+2 exam. During the document submission stage, they must, however, present the passing out certificate and a valid mark sheet.
- Minimum age: 17 years and 6 months.
- Maximum-23 years
Criteria for Nationality
Check the nationality requirements for those interested in applying for a technical position in the Indian Army.
- Indian citizen or,
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal
- A migrant of Indian origin from Pakistan/ Ethiopia/East African countries of Kenya/Uganda/the United Republic of Tanzania/Zambia/Malawi/Zaire/Vietnam Burma/Sri Lanka
Criteria for Physical Fitness
One of the most important stages in the Indian Army’s technical qualification criteria is physical fitness. The following are the physical requirements for the Indian Army Soldier Technical position:
Height: The technical height requirements of the Indian Army vary depending on the candidate’s region of origin. The table below shows the minimum height requirements for candidates wishing to take the Indian Army Technical Exam by region.
|Name of the Region||Height (cm)|
|Western Plain Region which includes Punjab, Chandigarh, Haryana, Delhi, Western Uttar Pradesh (Meerut and Agra Division), and Rajasthan||170|
|Eastern Himalayan Region which includes Nagaland, Sikkim, Hill Region of West Bengal (Gangtok, Darjeeling, and Kalimpong), Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh Tripura, Meghalaya, Mizoram||160|
|Eastern Plains Region which includes West Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar, Orissa, and Eastern Uttar Pradesh||169|
|Western Himalayan Region which includes Jammu & Kashmir, Garhwal, and Kumaon (Uttarakhand), Himachal Pradesh, Punjab Hills (Area South and West of the Inter State Border between Himachal Pradesh and Punjab and North and East of Road Mukerian, Hoshiarpur, Garh Shankar, Ropar and Chandigarh)||163|
|Central Region which includes Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Chattisgarh, Dadar, Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu||168|
|Southern Region which includes Kerala, Goa, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Puducherry||167|
Weight: Weight is an important technical eligibility criterion in the Indian Army. The weight criteria, like the height criteria, vary depending on the candidates’ regions. The following table shows the Indian Army’s technical weight criteria by region:
|Western Plain Region which includes Punjab, Chandigarh, Haryana, Delhi, Western Uttar Pradesh (Meerut and Agra Division), and Rajasthan||50|
|Eastern Himalayan Region which includes Nagaland, Sikkim, Hill Region of West Bengal (Gangtok, Darjeeling, and Kalimpong), Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh Tripura, Meghalaya, Mizoram||48|
|Eastern Plains Region which includes West Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar, Orissa and Eastern Uttar Pradesh||50|
|Western Himalayan Region which includes Jammu & Kashmir, Garhwal and Kumaon (Uttarakhand), Himachal Pradesh, Punjab Hills (Area South and West of the Inter State Border between Himachal Pradesh and Punjab and North and East of Road Mukerian, Hoshiarpur, Garh Shankar, Ropar and Chandigarh)||48|
|Central Region which includes Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Chattisgarh, Dadar, Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu||50|
|Southern Region which includes Kerala, Goa, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Puducherry||50|
Chest Measurement: The Indian Army uses chest measurement as one of its major qualification criteria. Unlike the Indian Army’s technical height and weight requirements, the chest requirement is uniform throughout the country. The table below shows the Indian Army’s technical eligibility criteria for uniform chest requirements:
Name of the Region
Western Plain Region which includes Punjab, Chandigarh, Haryana, Delhi, Western Uttar Pradesh (Meerut and Agra Division), and Rajasthan
Eastern Himalayan Region which includes Nagaland, Sikkim, Hill Region of West Bengal (Gangtok, Darjeeling, and Kalimpong), Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh Tripura, Meghalaya, Mizoram
Eastern Plains Region which includes West Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar, Orissa, and Eastern Uttar Pradesh
Western Himalayan Region which includes Jammu & Kashmir, Garhwal and Kumaon (Uttarakhand), Himachal Pradesh, Punjab Hills (Area South and West of the Inter State Border between Himachal Pradesh and Punjab and North and East of Road Mukerian, Hoshiarpur, Garh Shankar, Ropar and Chandigarh)
Central Region which includes Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Chattisgarh, Dadar, Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu
Southern Region which includes Kerala, Goa, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Puducherry
Criteria for Medical Fitness
- A mentally sound and stable candidate is required.
- The candidate’s hearing and vision must be in good working order.
- Martin’s lantern indicates that the candidate must be able to read 6/6 with both eyes on a distant vision chart.
- All colors must be distinct in the candidate’s mind.
- A healthy gum line and at least 14 dental points are required of the candidate.
- Any deforming diseases, such as piles or hydrocele, must be absent in the candidate.
Criteria for Marital Status
Any married man over the age of 21 but under the age of 23 will be considered for the Indian Army Technical position. The aforementioned position is not open to married men under the age of 21.
Criteria for Work Experience
A candidate willing to appear for the Indian Army Technical Post doesn’t need any prior work experience.
Criteria for Gender
Only males who meet the technical qualification requirements of the Indian Army are considered eligible for the Indian Army Technical position.
Indian Army Technical Recruitment 2022 Important Dates
The tentative exam dates for the Indian Army Technical Recruitment Examination 2022 are given below:
|Important Events||Exam Schedule (Tentative)|
|Indian Army Technical Recruitment 2022 Release of Official Notification||September 2022|
|Indian Army Technical Recruitment 2022 Starting of Online Application||October 2022|
|Indian Army Technical Recruitment 2022 Last Date to Apply Online||November 2022|
|Indian Army Technical Recruitment 2022 Admit Card Release Date||Yet to be Released|
|Indian Army Technical Recruitment 2022 Examination||To be announced|
|Indian Army Technical Recruitment 2022 Results Announcement||Yet to be Released|
Indian Army Technical Recruitment Application Process 2022
The Indian Army’s Technical Recruitment 2022 Examination application form will be made available on the Indian Army’s official website. To fill out the application form, candidates can follow these steps:
- Step 1: Visit the official website http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in/
- Step 2: Keep an eye out for the announcement of the Recruitment 2022 Exams.
- Step 3: Create an account on the portal.
- Step 4: Complete the application.
- Step 5: Add the required documents.
- Step 6: Before submitting the application form, double-check the information. Make a copy for yourself so you can refer to it later.
Application Fees for Indian Army Technical Recruitment 2022
No fees will be charged by the Indian Army for the submission of the application form for the Indian Army Technical Recruitment 2022.
Indian Army Technical Recruitment Exam Syllabus 2022
The syllabus for the Indian Army Technical Recruitment Examinations 2022 is as follows:
A. General Knowledge
- The Constitution of India,
- Awards and prizes,
- Inventions and Discoveries,
- The Indian Armed Forces,
- international organizations,
- India and its neighboring countries, especially in history, culture, geography, and who’s who.
- Books and Authors,
- Prominent personalities etc.
- current important world events
- Knowledge of important events that have happened in India and at the world level in recent years,
- Continents and Sub-Continents,
- Heat and its effects
- Velocity and acceleration,
- The motion of objects
- A Parallelogram of Forces
- Spherical mirrors and lenses,
- Conductors and non-conductors
- Reflection and refraction
- The type and properties of the magnet
- Physical Properties and States of Matter
- Static and current electricity,
- Ohm’s Law
- Density and specific Gravity,
- Force and Momentum,
- Stability and equilibrium of bodies
- Sound waves and their properties
- Simple Electrical Circuits
- Newton’s Laws of Motion,
- Elementary ideas of work
- pressure barometer,
- Power and energy,
- The Principle of Archimedes
- Number Systems
- Probability and Statistics.
- Matrices and determinants
- Fundamental arithmetic operations
- Integral Calculus
- Analytical Geometry
- Area, Volume, and Surface Area
- Differential Calculus.
- Mixtures and compounds,
- The Properties of Air and Water
- Formulae and simple chemical equations
- Physical and chemical changes.
- Carbon and its forms,
- Elementary ideas about the structure of an atom, atomic, equivalent, and molecular weights, valency.
- Natural and artificial fertilizers,
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Carbon Dioxide,
- Oxidation and Reduction
- The Law of Chemical Combination
- Acids, bases, and salts
- living resources,
- Habitat and Organisms
- Food Yield,
- Wasteful Food Practices
- Cycles of materials
- Essentials for good health
- A Study of Birds
- Human Beings,
- Basic Biology,
- life process,
- The uniqueness of the human body
- The necessity of a balanced diet
- Food and Health,
Indian Army Technical Recruitment Pattern for Exam 2022
The following aspects of the Indian Army Technical Examination (CEE) pattern should be kept in mind by candidates:
|S No.||Subject Name||Total Questions||Maximum Marks||Qualifying Marks|
|(a)||General Knowledge & Reasoning||10||40||80|
Indian Army Technical Recruitment Process of Selection 2022
The following is the procedure for selecting candidates:
A Physical Fitness Test
The sections of the Indian Army Technical Physical Fitness Test will be as follows:
- (a) Running 1.6 kilometres (1,600 metres) in 5 minutes and 40 seconds.
- (b) Pull-ups on the beam – 6 to 10 reps
- c) 9-foot ditch leap
- d) Body balance when zigzagging
A Medical Fitness Test
Medical fitness is one of the pillars of the Indian Army’s technical certification criteria. The results of this test will be used to select candidates for the Common Entrance Examination (CEE).
Common Entrance Examination (CEE):
The Indian Army Technical Examination will be administered using the offline Common Entrance Examination (CEE). If candidates pass the Physical Fitness Test, Physical Measurement Test, and Medical Examination, they will be considered eligible to take the Indian Army Technical Common Entrance Examination. To conduct the examination, a number of recruitment rallies have been set up across India.
For more information on the Common Entrance Test Examination for Indian Army Technical Recruitment 2022, see the details listed below.
- Total Number of Questions: 50
- Marks Awarded for Each Correct Answer: 4
- Total Marks: 200
- Negative Marking: -1 for each wrong answer
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice based objective questions
- Total Number of Examinations conducted: 2 (Paper I and Paper II)
- Mode of Exam: Offline (expected)
- Total Duration of the Examination: 60 minutes (1 hour)
- Passing Marks: 80
Indian Army Technical Recruitment Admit Card 2022
The admit card is one of the most important documents needed to be hired for technical positions in the Indian Army. Shortlisted candidates must appear for the written examination (also known as the “Common Entrance Examination”) conducted by the Join Indian Army. The technical admit card for the Indian Army will be available on the Indian Army’s official website.
Follow the steps given below to download the Indian Army Technical Recruitment 2022 Admit Card:
- Step 1: Go to the Indian Army’s official website and then go to the Login page.
- Step 2: Enter your login credentials into the box provided.
- Step 3: Click “Submit”.
- Step 4: Your device will display the Indian Army Technical Admit Card.
- Step 5: Download the Technical Admit Card for Indian Army Soldiers.
Indian Army Technical Expected Cutoff 2022
The overall score for the Indian Army Technical Examination is 200. To continue with the recruitment process, a candidate must score at least 80 on the qualifying examination. You will only be considered passed if you receive 80 marks on the exam. The applicants’ final grades are used to create the final merit list. The higher a candidate’s score, the better his chances of making it to the final merit list of the Indian Army Technical Examination.
Indian Army Technical Recruitment Result 2022
Registered candidates can go to the official website to check the results. The result is released on the website in the form of a merit list. Candidates can check their results by following the steps mentioned below.
- Step 1: Visit the Indian Army’s official website.
- Step 2: To complete the verification process, enter the captcha and click “Enter Website.”
- Step 3: When you get to the main page of the website, look for the “JCO/ OR Enrollment” tab, which is highlighted in dark green.
- Step 4: From the sub-section, choose “Final Results.” You will be directed to the results page for all examinations conducted by the Indian Army.
- Step 5: Next, press CTRL+F to bring up your browser’s search box and type in the name of your region. For example, type “Shillong” in the search box if you took the Indian Army Technical exam in the Shillong zone, for example, and the Indian Army Soldier Technical result for the Shillong zone will appear. You’ll see a link to your region’s Indian Army Technical Results.
- Step 6: Go to the link and click it.
- Step 7: Your region’s Indian Army Technical Results 2022 will be automatically downloaded in PDF format. You can save it to your device.
Important Documents Required
- Religion Certificate
- Twenty copies of unattested passport-size color photographs
- Duly signed Affidavit of 10/-
- Single Bank Account Passbook
- PAN card
- School Character Certificate
- Unmarried Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- NCC Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Education Certificates
- Caste Certificate
- Relationship Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Sports Certificate
- The Indian Army Technical Admit Card 2022
Indian Army Technical Recruitment Salary and Allowances
The table below shows the rank-wise salary offered to candidates recruited through the Indian Army Technical Recruitment:
|Rank of the Candidate||Level||Salary in INR|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||56,100 – 1,77,500|
|Lieutenant Colonel||Level 12A||1,21,200-2,12,400|
|Major General||Level 14||1,44,200-2,18,200|
|Lieutenant General HAG Scale||Level 15||1,82,200-2,24,100|
|Lieutenant General HAG +Scale||Level 16||2,05,400-2,24,400|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lieutenant General (NFSG)||Level 17||2,25,000/-(fixed)|
Aside from the salary mentioned above, recruited candidates are also eligible for the following allowances, which are determined by their rank and posting area:
- Dearance Allowance
- Siachen Allowance
- Uniform Allowance
- High Altitude Allowance
- Children’s Education Allowance
- Transportation Allowance
Selected candidates for the Indian Army Technical Post will be paid an INR 8,000 stipend per week during their training period.
Indian Army Technical Recruitment FAQs
The Indian Army recruits soldiers having a scientific background. A Soldier Technical’s mission is to repair and operate the weapons, vehicles, and equipment of the Indian army.
The Indian Army recruits soldiers for the position of Indian Army Soldier (Technical) by putting them through a physical, medical, and written examination, followed by a nine-month training program.
There will be two papers in the Indian Army Technical Exam 2022. Paper I covers general knowledge and reasoning, whereas Paper II covers mathematics and chemistry.
During the training period for the Indian Army Technical post, a candidate selected for the training period will receive an INR 8,000/-+ stipend each week.
The Indian Army’s technical certification requirements are divided into eight divisions. Among the factors considered are educational credentials, physical fitness, mental fitness, age, marital status, gender, country, and work experience. This article details each of the technical qualifying requirements used by the Indian Army.
The Indian Army’s technical recruitment procedure has different height criteria based on where the candidate is from. The Indian Army’s technical height criteria by region are detailed in this article. You can look up the table provided in the article’s Eligibility Criteria section.
You can apply for an Indian Army Technical post at an Indian Army Technical Recruitment Rally near you. Visit the Indian Army’s official website for additional information about the rallies.