IES (ESE) Application Form 2022: The UPSC IES Exam is held to select engineers from several departments. Learn more about the roles and salaries available to those who are hired through the IES (ESE) Exam. The preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and Interview are the three steps of the selection process. The candidates’ selection is provisional until they meet the eligibility criteria at the end of each step. For the Preliminary and Mains Exams, all applicants must solve a large number of Practice Papers. They should also go into the preparation techniques of IES 2019 winner Abuzar Gaffari (AIR 1).
Table of Contents
IES Application Form 2022 Highlights
The following are the most important details concerning IES 2022 registration:
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|IES Official Website||www.upsc.gov.in|
|Minimum Qualification to fill IES Application Form||Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering|
IES 2022 Important Dates
The following are the IES 2022 Exam Dates as stated in the Commission’s official notification.
|IES Mains DAF (Detailed Application Form) Start Date (2021)||December 27, 2021|
|IES Mains DAF Last Date (2021)||January 07, 2022|
|Release of Official Notification||April 07, 2022|
|Beginning of Application Process||April 07, 2022|
|End of Application Process||April 26, 2022|
|Application Withdrawal Facility||May 04, 2022|
|Prelims Admit Card||July 2022 (Tentative)|
|Prelims Exam Date||July 18, 2022|
|Mains Exam Date||November 21, 2022|
Prerequisites for IES Application 2022
Candidates must ensure that they have the following documents before applying for the IES exam, and they must keep them ready while registering.
- A working phone number
- A working email address
- Grades and diplomas
- A scanned copy of a passport-sized photo
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- A scanned copy of a photo-identification proof
- Type of Reservation (if any)
- Banking Information
Specifications for Scanned Documents
The UPSC has set specific requirements for each document that must be scanned and uploaded. The specifications for each of them are listed below.
|Photo||350*350 pixels-1000*1000 pixels||20- 300 KB|
|Signature||350*350 pixels-1000*1000 pixels||20- 300 KB|
|Photo ID Card||NA||20- 300 KB|
Points to Remember
- A recent photograph with a white background is required.
- The signature must be written in black or blue ink on white paper.
- The signature must be identical to the one that the candidate will use on exam day.
- JPG format is required for both the signature and the photograph.
- They have to be 24 bits deep.
- The Photo ID Card has to be in PDF format.
How to Apply Online?
Registration, Payment of Application Fees, and Filling of Application Form with Uploading of Documents are the three key stages of the IES 2022 Application Process. Each stage’s steps are listed below.
- Visit UPSC’s official website at www.upsc.gov.in.
- On the homepage, look for the link ‘Online Application for various UPSC examinations’ and click it.
- Select ‘New Users’ from the drop-down menu.
- A new window will appear, asking for personal information.
- Fill in your name, parents’ names, gender, date of birth, nationality, email address, password, mobile number, and academic information.
Payment of Application Fees
The UPSC IES Application Form Application Fee is not the same for everyone. It changes depending on the student classifications. The detailed pricing schedule for each category is listed below.
Both online and offline payment options are available for the IES Application Fee. Net Banking, Credit Card, and Debit Card are used to make online payments. An SBI Bank Challan of INR 200 is used for offline payment.
|General/ OBC/ EWS||INR 200|
|SC/ ST/ PH||Exempted|
Filling the Application Form and Uploading Documents
- Choose your primary engineering discipline and exam location.
- Other information, such as category, work experience, and communication details, should be entered in the application form.
- As instructed, upload scanned copies of your passport-sized photo, signature, and photo-ID evidence.
- Check that all of the information in the form is correct.
- Read the final declaration carefully before clicking ‘I agree.’
- To submit the application form, click the ‘Final Submit’ button.
- Print the completed application form after downloading it.
Candidates receive a confirmation email after successfully submitting the IES Application Form, indicating that their registration is complete and their application has been accepted. Candidates must contact the help desk if they encounter any errors during or after submitting the Application Form and follow their instructions.
IES (ESE) Application Form FAQs
Ans. There is no way to alter the UPSC EPFO Application Form after it has been submitted. Before submitting the form, double-check the information you’ve entered.
Ans. Check to see if your photograph fits the UPSC’s requirements for scanned documents. The photograph will not be uploaded if its size exceeds the maximum allowed. If this is the case, compress the scanned image before uploading.
Ans. The UPSC has set particular dimensions for the photos that must be uploaded in the IES application form. If the size is larger than the criteria, it can be compressed. The photograph should be no more than 300 KBs in size. You can upload it after compressing it to the desired size.
How to Resize or Crop Images
In Microsoft Paint, there are two ways to resize documents (Click Start, Programs, Accessories, then Paint). These are the details:
1. The first method is to open the image file to be altered.
2. Select Stretch/Skew Image from the Image option at the top.
3. To resize the image, select a percentage amount.
4. Click ‘Ok’.
5. When you’ve found the right size, click File, then Save or Save As.
1. Second method: Press the Num Lock button on your keyboard to enable Num Lock.
2. Choose the whole image.
3. To resize the image, hold down Ctrl and press the – or + buttons on your number pad. (The Num Lock enables the number pad, which is a square arrangement of numbers and symbols on your keyboard.)
Ans. According to the authorities, the examination application fee for general category candidates is INR 200. Female and reserved category candidates are exempt from paying the application fee.
Ans. Yes. It is possible to pay the application cost in an offline method. Candidates must pay a Bank Challan of INR 200 at their nearest State Bank of India branch.