ICMR Recruitment 2022: The Indian Council of Medical Research conducts the ICMR JRF for admission to the Junior Research Fellowship. On its official website, the ICMR publishes the details, notification, and syllabus for the JRF exam. Candidates who pass the ICMR JRF examination will receive ICMR grants to help them finish their Ph.D. programme.
The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research in Chandigarh is hosting the exam. The following is the comprehensive information about the ICMR JRF recruitment 2022.
What is the ICMR JRF Recruitment?
The ICMR JRF Exam is the first step toward admission to a Ph.D./Research Program with the support of the council. Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Srinagar, and Varanasi are among the 12 centres where ICMR fellowship exams are held. The ICMR JRF fellowship is awarded on the basis of academic merit. In most cases, the entrance exam is held in the first or second week of July.
Junior Research Fellowships are awarded based on applicant rank and placement in a medical college/hospital/university/national laboratory/institution of higher learning, among other factors.
ICMR JRF 2022 Recruitment Overview
|Exam Full-Form||Indian Council of Medical Research Junior Research Fellowship|
|Conducting body Name||Indian Council of Medical Research|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Application Fees||INR 1500 (General/OBC/EWS)|
INR 1200 (SC/ST)
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Types||PG, Courses|
ICMR JRF Recruitment Notification 2022
The ICMR JRF exam will be held following the publication of the countrywide admission notice, which is usually published in March/April each year in India’s leading English newspapers and on the ICMR website.
ICMR JRF Recruitment Exam Date 2022
In the official notification, the official exam dates for ICMR JRF 2022 will be announced. However, based on previous years, the tentative dates are listed here.
|Release of Application Form||May 2022|
|Applications Last date||June 2022|
|Fees Payment Last date||June 2022|
|Application Correction Last date||June 2022|
|Date of Entrance Examination||July 2022|
|ICMR JRF 2022 Result||Aug 2022|
ICMR JRF Recruitment Vacancy 2022
The ICMR JRF 2021 Exam were used to fill 150 vacancies in the Life Sciences and Social Sciences fields. The following table shows the number of job openings in these two fields:
The ICMR JRF 2022 Notification has yet to be released by the Indian Council of Medical Research. The following are the details for the ICMR JRF 2022 vacancies.
|Name of Post||No. of Vacancies|
|Life Sciences (e.g., microbiology, physiology, molecular biology, genetics, human biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, immunology, pharmacology, nursing, zoology, botany, environmental sciences, and veterinary medicine)||120|
|Social Sciences (e.g., psychology, sociology, home sciences, statistics, anthropology, social work, and public health/health economics)||30|
ICMR JRF Recruitment Application Form 2022
Before applying, candidates must follow the admission notice which will be published in the advertisement in various Newspapers. The candidate must fill in the application form according to the instructions. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
How to Fill Out the ICMR JRF Application Form.
Applicants must read the admission notice carefully before applying, which will be published in various newspapers. The applicant must follow the instructions when filling out the application form. Applications that are not complete will be rejected.
- icmr.nic.in is the official website.
- Then select “New Registration” from the drop-down menu.
- Pay close attention to the instructions.
- Fill out the registration form with information such as your name, date of birth, gender, phone number, and email address.
- To submit the ICMR JRF 2022 registration form, click the “Submit” button.
- The user id and password will be sent to the mobile number and email address provided during the registration process.
- Fill out the application form with all of your personal information, qualifications, test centre preferences, and images of a specific size.
- After you’ve double-checked the application form, you can submit it online.
- Take a printout of that form to keep for future reference.
ICMR JRF Application Fee 2022
The ICMR JRF application fee varies depending on the student’s category. The following sections detail the fees for each category.
|General/ EWS/ OBC||INR 1500|
|SC/ ST||INR 1200|
Documents Required for Filling the Application Form
- Phone number
- Appearing certificate from the head of the Institution
- Scanned photograph of the candidate
- Email ID
- A signature, photograph, and other documents in the specified format.
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned signature of the candidate
ICMR JRF Recruitment Eligibility 2022
Before applying for the ICMR JRF 2022, applicants should make sure they meet the eligibility requirements. The eligibility criteria must be met in order to be considered for this position.
ICMR JRF Educational Qualification
- Applicants must have an M.Sc./M.A. or equivalent degree from a recognised institute with a minimum of 55 percent marks for General/EWS/OBC applicants.
- For ICMR JRF, a 50 percent SC/ST/PwD category can be obtained from a recognised institute.
ICMR JRF Age Limit
- As of September 30, 2022, the upper age limit for ICMR JRF admission is 28 years.
- For SC/ST, PWD, and female candidates, the upper age limit can be relaxed for five years, to 33 years.
- For the OBC category, three years, or 31 years, can be relaxed.
ICMR JRF Exam Pattern 2022
Before taking the ICMR JRF exam, the applicant must pay attention to the important details of the exam pattern. They should also look over the ICMR previous year question papers to gain a better understanding of the exam.
The ICMR JRF exam is divided into two sections. The following are the sections:
The Aptitude Section (Section A) consists of 50 questions on a variety of topics.
(i) scientific phenomenon in everyday life;
(ii) general knowledge in sciences; and
(iii) common statistics.
- All of these questions are required, and each one is worth one mark.
- Two subjects are included in the subject specific section (Section B & C): (B) Life Sciences and (C) Social Science.
- The applicant has the option of answering questions from either of the two areas.
- Each section of B and C will have 100 questions, with the candidate having to answer 75 of them from any of the sections.
- Applicants must state which of the Section B and C options they attempted.
- The applicant has 120 minutes to finish the assignment.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 Per Question for every wrong answer
- All of the sections (A, B, and C) will be written in English.
- The Life Sciences category is in Section B, and the Social Sciences category is in Section C.
ICMR JRF Syllabus 2022
The curriculum for the ICMR JRF 2022 exam covers a wide range of subjects. The Aptitude Test has the same topics for everyone. The topics in the Life Sciences and Social Sciences sections are different.
Topics included in the Social Science Syllabus are listed below.
- Home Sciences
- Health Economic
- Social work
The following are the topics covered in the Life Sciences Syllabus.
- Molecular Biology
- Human Biology
- Environmental Sciences
- Human Nutrition
- Public Health Veterinary Science
ICMR JRF Admit Card 2022
After completing the application form on the official website, the admit card will be issued. Admit cards will be mailed to applicants at least 15 days prior to the exam date. Before appearing for the examination, the applicant must print the admit card and bring it with him or her into the examination hall.
ICMR JRF Exam Centres 2022
The ICMR JRF fellowship exam will be held at 12 locations across the country.
- Srinagar (J&K)
ICMR JRF Cut Off 2022
The ICMR JRF cutoff is the minimum qualification mark for selection. Applicants who receive the highest marks advance to the next round of counselling.
For selection, applicants must achieve a score that is equal to or higher than the cutoffs. Because the cutoff marks for 2022 have not yet been released, the cutoff marks for 2021 are listed below.
ICMR JRF Result 2022
The ICMR JRF 2022 Result will be available on the official website two to three months after the exam. The names of the applicants who pass the exam will appear on the merit list. Following the announcement of the results, applicants must appear for document verification. Personal and academic documents, both original and photocopy, must be on hand.
ICMR JRF Answer Key 2022
After three days have passed since the entrance examination, the Answer Key will be posted on the ICMR’s official website. Applicants can use the answer key to compare their exam answers to the answer key. The following are the steps for checking the answer key:
- Visit the ICMR’s official website.
- Select the ICMR JRF tab from the drop-down menu.
- Then, in a new window, click on the ICMR JRF answer key link, which will open a PDF.
- It it is then available for download.
ICMR JRF Salary & Benefits 2022
The ICMR JRF salary and job profile are determined by the fellowship’s research work. For their research work, the applicants will receive a good stipend. The applicant will be promoted to Senior Research Fellowship after successfully completing the JRF period.
This JRF fellowship will be extended for a total of two/three years. The applicants’ research is evaluated by the Review Committee. If an applicant wants to quit the fellowship within a year, he or she must return the entire stipend earned from the start date to the end date. The following table lists the stipends for each year:
|Fellowship Year||Stipend Awarded|
|First Year||INR 31,000|
|Second Year||INR 31,000|
|Third Year||INR 31,000|
ICMR JRF Perks And Benefits
- HRA Benefits: Research fellows will be housed in a hostel. Applicants who choose a hostel on their own or attend other universities/institutions, however, are not eligible for this benefit.
- Medical Benefits: The applicant may be eligible for medical benefits through a specific institute. However, the ICMR will not be held liable for any of these advantages. It is entirely dependent on research institutes.
- Benefits of Leave: A Fellow may take casual leave and maternity leave in accordance with the Institution’s rules.
Applicants who complete the ICMR fellowship in 22 months are promoted to Senior Research Fellowship (SRF). The fellowship will be awarded to these applicants for a maximum of three years. Applicants for the Senior Research Fellowship receive a stipend of $35,000 per year.
Applicants must make time to concentrate on the application. They must finish every aspect of the topic for the exam. Use books and study materials that are available on the internet or in stores. The applicant can practise with previous year’s question papers to get a better understanding of the exam pattern.
In July of 2022, the ICMR JRF 2022 will take place.
There were 150 vacancies in the ICMR JRF in 2021. In Life Science, there are 120 openings, and in Social Science, there are 30 openings. The details of the 2022 vacancies will be released with the official notification.
Eligible Indian candidates can apply online for ICMR Recruitment via the online portal https://main.icmr.nic.in after the application form is released. Before the deadline, eligible candidates must apply for the ICMR Recruitment.
No, there are no limits to how many times you can take the ICMR JRF Exam. Applicants who meet all of the eligibility requirements and are under the upper age limit are eligible to apply as many times as they like.
Applicants receive a good stipend for their academic activities, as well as the ICMR JRF salary and job profile, while on the fellowship. After completing a successful JRF, they will be promoted to the Senior Research Fellowship.