IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2023: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection determines the IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern. The clerical recruiting exam is divided into two sections: preliminary and main. The tests are administered online and consist of multiple-choice questions. The main exam for IBPS Clerk 2023 will be held on January 2023.
The 100 MCQs of the IBPS Clerk Prelims test cover English Language, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning Ability. The main test for IBPS Clerk will have 190 multiple-choice questions on general/financial awareness, general English, reasoning ability and computer aptitude, and quantitative aptitude. Except for the English test, the IBPS Clerk 2023 question papers will be set in English and Hindi. The exam has a negative marking policy of 0.25 of the total marks. For each test, there will be unique section timings and sectional Cutoffs.
Table of Contents
IBPS Clerk 2023 Exam Pattern Highlights
The following are the essential points concerning the IBPS Clerk 2023 test paper pattern:
|IBPS Clerk Exam Phases||Preliminary and Main exam|
|Conducting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Duration of Exam||Preliminary- 1 hour,|
Main exam- 2 hours 40 minutes
IBPS Clerk 2023 Exam Pattern
- The IBPS Clerk 2023 examination will be computer-based and will consist of multiple-choice questions.
- Candidates must choose the most relevant response from a list of five possibilities for each question.
- Each portion will have a set time limit, and candidates must complete each section within that time limit.
- The IBPS Clerk 2023 exam is divided into two parts: preliminary and main. IBPS evaluates candidates’ aptitude, problem-solving skills, analytical skills, and language proficiency.
- To pass the exam, candidates must meet both the overall and sectional cutoffs.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern for Prelims Exam
The IBPS Clerk 2023 preliminary exam will consist of 100 multiple choice questions worth 100 points and will last one hour. The following is a description of the sectional distribution of a number of questions, marks, and sectional timing:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks||60 minutes|
Candidates must pass the IBPS Clerk Prelims test in order to take the Main exam.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern for Main Exam
2023 IBPS Clerk The main test will have 190 multiple-choice questions for 200 points and a time limit of 160 minutes. The exam will be divided into four portions, each with a distinct weighting and duration, as listed below:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Duration|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Total||190 Questions||200 Marks||160 minutes|
IBPS Clerk 2023 Marking Scheme
- Preliminary and main exams for BPS Clerk have different marking schemes. In both tests, however, negative grading of 0.25 of the total marks is allowed.
- The preliminary question paper for IBPS Clerk 2023 will be 100 marks.
- Each question will be worth one mark, with 0.25 points deducted for each incorrect response.
- The main question paper for IBPS Clerk 2023 will be 200 marks.
- Each question in the categories of general/financial awareness, general English, and quantitative aptitude will be worth one mark, with an erroneous response costing 0.25 points.
- Each question in the Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude portion will be worth 1.20 points, with 0.30 points removed for each incorrect response.
Note: The merit list of applicants for final selection will be determined solely by their performance on the Main exam.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Syllabus 2023
The three areas of this objective-based paper are English Language, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning. This has been the pattern for a number of years. Aspirants will face the same challenges in 2023. The IBPS Clerk Prelims exam syllabus is listed here.
|Reasoning||Number, Ranking & Time Sequence.|
Deriving Conclusions from Passages.
Logical Sequence of Words.
Alphabet Test Series.Arithmetical Reasoning.
Situation Reaction Test.Coding-Decoding.
Direction Sense Test.
Clocks & Calendars.
Statement – Conclusions.
Logical Venn Diagrams.
Statement – Arguments.
Inserting The Missing Character.
Alpha-Numeric Sequence Puzzle.
|English Language||Reading Comprehension.|
Fill in the Blanks.
Infinitive, Gerund, Participle
Identify the sentence pattern.
Find out the Error.
Direct & Indirect Speech
|Quantitative Aptitude||Mixture & Allegations.|
Pipes and Cisterns.
Speed, Time & Distance (Train, Boats & Stream).
Time and Work.
HCF & LCM.
Algebraic Expressions and inequalities.
Profit and Loss.
Speed, Distance, and Time.
Simple & Compound interest.
Ratio and Proportion Partnership.
IBPS Clerk Mains Syllabus 2023
Sections like English and numerical skills in the IBPS Clerk Mains tests are comparable to those in the Prelims. However, the challenge level in this phase is substantially higher. IBPS has announced that the reasoning section would interact with the computer efficiency section starting this year. The IBPS Clerk Mains curriculum is now available for download.
|General Awareness /Financial Awareness||Abbreviations.|
Science – Inventions & Discoveries.
Current Important Events.
Current Affairs – National & International.
Awards and Honors.
Books and Authors.
Indian states and capitals
Countries and Currencies
|General English||Cloze Test|
Fill in the Blanks
Para/ Sentence Completion
Phrasal VerbsIdioms and phrases
Synonyms & antonyms
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||Arrangements and pattern|
Inequalities, Direction TestBlood Relation, Syllogism
|Quantitative Aptitude||Number Series|
|Computer Aptitude||Microsoft Office|
Input and Output Devices
Components of Computer
Computer Storage Devices
IBPS Clerk 2023 Important Instructions
IBPS has issued some crucial instructions that candidates must follow on the exam day:
- Candidates must bring their IBPS Clerk Admit Card, as well as an original photocopy of their picture ID proof.
- After the examination has begun, no candidate will be permitted to enter the examination centre/hall.
- After the invigilator has checked the candidate’s IBPS Clerk 2023 Admit Card, he must sign the attendance sheet in front of the invigilator and include the hall ticket number.
- The candidate must follow the invigilators’ directions in the examination room.
- At the examination centre, candidates should avoid arguing with invigilators or other staff members involved in the examination process.
- During the examination, the candidates should not converse with one another or discuss any subject.
- The candidate should not make any noise in the testing room and should remain completely silent throughout the examination.
- At the examination hall, candidates are not authorised to bring any technological device or study material, including (Mobile, Bluetooth, Pager, watch, test series, books, model papers, etc.)
- In all cases, the IBPS judgement will be final.
IBPS 2023 FAQs
Ans. The IBPS Clerk syllabus is extensive, but candidates who are well-versed in all of the areas covered in the syllabus and are familiar with the most recent IBPS Clerk exam pattern will do well in the exam.
Ans. The official website of IBPS provides the clerk syllabus. Candidates can use this guide to begin their exam preparations.
Ans. Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, Banking and Financial Awareness/ Static GK/ Current Affairs, and Computer Knowledge are all part of the IBPS Clerk prelims and mains syllabus.
Ans. The IBPS Clerk 2023 Main test consists of 190 multiple-choice questions for 200 points, with a time constraint of 160 minutes.
Ans. The prelims exam for IBPS Clerk is worth 100 points. The Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude portions are each worth 35 points, while the English Language section is worth 30.