IBPS Clerk 2024 is an upcoming competitive exam that is conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) to recruit candidates for the post of Clerk in various public sector banks across India. The exam is organized each year for shortlisting applicants for the post of Clerical Cadre. The application forms for IBPS Clerk 2024 are likely to release in the month of September 2024. The admit cards for IBPS Clerk 2024 will be released in online mode through the official website.
All the applicants are required to go through the eligibility criteria for IBPS Clerk 2024 before considering to fill the application form. IBPS Clerk 2024 will be organized in two phases i.e. IBPS Clerk 2024 Prelims Exam and IBPS Clerk 2024 Mains Exam to be conducted in the months of December 2024 and January 2024 respectively. The final selection will be made on the basis of scores in the IBPS Clerk 2024 Mains Exam.
Table of Contents
IBPS Clerk 2024 Highlights
|Exam Name||IBPS Clerk 2024|
|Full-Form||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Clerk 2024|
|Conducted by||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Duration of Exam||IBPS Clerk 2024 Prelims Exam: 1 hour
IBPS Clerk 2024 Mains Exam: 2 hours 40 minutes
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
IBPS Clerk 2024 Important Dates
Eligible and interested applicants are required to go through Important Dates of the examination in order to get an idea about the examination schedule and prepare accordingly. The important dates for the IBPS Clerk are tabulated below:
|Application Process Starts||To be announced|
|Last Date of Application Form filling||To be announced|
|Issuance of IBPS PO Admit Card||To be announced|
|IBPS PO Prelims Exam Date||To be announced|
|IBPS PO Mains Exam Date||To be announced|
|Final Provisional Allotment||To be announced|
IBPS Clerk 2024 Application Form
The application form link will be made available on the official website only. Applicants must make sure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria for IBPS Clerk before considering the applications.
Steps for filling the Application Form for IBPS Clerk:
- The applicant must visit the official website i.e. ibps.in
- Now, the applicant must click on “New Registration” for CRP Clerks-X 2024
- The applicants are required to enter some basic details such as name, Date of Birth, Email ID and mobile number.
- After this, Registration number and password will be created.
- Log in with these credentials in order to fill the application form.
- Now, the applicant is required to enter some personal as well as educational details.
- Upload the digitally scanned images of photograph, signature, left thumb impression and handwritten declaration, etc.
- Finally, make the required payment online and don’t forget to take a print out of the application form and payment receipt for the future reference. The payment can be initiated through Net Banking or Debit/Credit cards.
|RBI Assistant Recruitment||SBI Clerk||RBI Grade B|
|Indian Bank PO||SEBI Grade A||IBPS SO|
IBPS Clerk 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must make sure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria for IBPS Clerk 2024 before filing the applications. The Eligibility Criteria for IBPS Clerk are given below:
- The applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline or its equivalent qualification from a University/ Institution/ Board recognized by Government of India or approved by Government Regulatory Bodies.
- The applicants are required to pass the qualifying exam before October 2024; final year students are not eligible to apply for the exam.
- The minimum age limit for IBPS Clerk will be 20 years and the maximum age limit for IBPS Clerk will be 28 years as of 1 September 2024. There are age limit relaxations for the reserved category applicants.
- Applicant must have computer literacy or Certificate/Degree/Diploma in computer operations or language, or candidates must have studied IT at college or HSC.
- Applicants must have a working proficiency in the language of the state they are willing to apply.
Maximum Age Limit Relaxations
The Category wise Maximum Age Limit Relaxations for IBPS Clerk is mentioned below:
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||the actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|Widows, divorced women, and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal 5 years retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 years|
IBPS Clerk 2024 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for both IBPS Clerk 2024 Prelims Exam as well as IBPS Clerk Mains Exam is very different. Both the papers will be available in Hindi as well as English mediums, except for the English section that will be available in English only. There will be a sectional duration for both the exams. Applicants who clear the IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam will become eligible to appear for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam.
IBPS Clerk 2024 Prelims Exam
IBPS Clerk 2024 Prelims Exam will be conducted in online mode. The exam will be divided into three sections viz. English Language, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning Ability. There will be a total of 100 Multiple Choice Questions in the IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam with a total duration of 1 hour. The sectional distribution is given below:
|Name of Sections||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Sectional Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS Clerk 2024 Mains Exam will also be conducted in online mode. The exam will be divided into four sections viz. General English, General/Financial Awareness, Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude, and Quantitative Aptitude. There will be a total of 100 Multiple Choice Questions in the IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam with a total duration of 2 hours and 40 minutes. The sectional distribution is given below:
|Name of Sections||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Sectional Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
IBPS PO 2024 Syllabus
The applicants must have an idea about the Exam Syllabus so that they can prepare the important topics for the exam. The syllabus for IBPS Clerk is given below:
IBPS Clerk 2024 Prelims Exam Syllabus
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Alligations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Miscellaneous|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination & Probability|
IBPS Clerk 2024 Mains Exam Syllabus
|Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness||Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||English Language|
|Financial Awareness||Verbal Reasoning||Reading Comprehension|
|General Knowledge||Circular Seating Arrangement||Grammar|
|Ratio and Percentage||Linear Seating Arrangement||Verbal Ability|
|Data Interpretation||Double Lineup|
|Mensuration and Geometry||Scheduling|
|Problems of Ages||Directions and Distances|
|Profit and Loss||Ordering and Ranking|
|Number Series||Data Sufficiency|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Coding and Decoding|
|Time and Work||Code Inequalities|
|Linear Equation||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Permutation and Combination||Computer Abbreviation|
|And Probability||Microsoft Office|
|Mixture and Allegations||Computer Hardware|
|Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
IBPS Clerk 2024 Admit Card
Applicants can download the admit card for IBPS Clerk 2024 from the official website of the bank as the hard copy of the IBPS Clerk Admit Card will not be sent to any applicant via post. To login on the official website, the applicants will require two things:
• Registration No/Roll No
• Date of Birth/ Password
The admit card for IBPS Clerk 2024 will be made available 10 to 15 days before the examination. The admit card or call letter for IBPS Clerk will be issued in 2 phases:
• Online Preliminary Examination
• Online Mains Examination
The applicants must remember to check the details mentioned on the admit card for any corrections.
IBPS Clerk 2024 Preparations Tips:
- The applicant must prepare a time-table for covering the whole syllabus within time and strictly follow that.
- The applicant should try to solve the “Quantitative Aptitude” Section from different entrance level books.
- Prepare the syllabus from different books covering the syllabus, available in the market.
- The applicant must build a habit of reading daily newspapers/journals to score better in General/Financial Awareness.
- The student must solve as many previous year papers, sample papers as possible on a daily basis.
IBPS Clerk 2024 Results
The results for IBPS Clerk 2024 will be declared in July 2024. The result of the IBPS Clerk will be made available for download on the official website only. The result will be carrying information like roll number, name of the candidate, father’s name, category, gender, date of birth, and entrance test marks. State-wise cut off marks will be displayed on the website.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Cutoffs
The cut off for IBPS Clerk 2018 Final Exam is given below:
|States||Total Number of Vacancies||General||OBC|
|Andaman & Nicobar||02||NA||NA|
|Dadara & Nagar Haveli||05||44.25||NA|
|Daman & Diu||06||37.93||37.8|
|Jammu & Kashmir||94||54.93||44|
The cut off for IBPS Clerk 2018 Prelims Exam is given below:
|State Name||Cut Off|
List of Participating Organizations (Banks)
|Bank of Baroda||Canara Bank||Indian Overseas Bank||UCO Bank|
|Bank of India||Central Bank of India||Punjab National Bank||Union Bank of India|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Indian Bank Punjab & Sind Bank|
IBPS Clerk 2024 FAQs:
The application fee for IBPS Clerk is Rs. 600 for the general candidate while Rs. 100 for the reserved category.
The application link will go live on the official website.
Both exams will be conducted in Hindi as well as English Language.
The time duration for the exam is 2 hours and 40 minutes i.e. 160 minutes