HPSC HCS 2022 will be conducted by the Haryana Public Selection Commission. HPSC Haryana Civil Service exam is conducted each year for recruiting officers for posts like Haryana Civil Service (Executive Branch), Deputy Superintendent of Police(D.S.P.), etc. The Haryana Government has announced that the exam pattern for HPSC HCS has been changed with immediate effect. According to the new rules, HPSC HCS Prelims CSAT paper (Paper-II) has been made qualifying in nature and hence its score will not be considered for the prelims result. The applicants must check the detailed eligibility criteria for HPSC HCS 2022 before applying for the exam.
HPSC HCS 2022 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||HPCS HCS 2022|
|Full-Form||Haryana Public Selection Commission Haryana Civil Service 2022|
|Conducting Body||Haryana Public Service Commission|
|Exam Mode||Online (Prelims), Offline (Mains)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|The Medium of the Exam||English & Hindi|
|Exam Stages||Prelims + Mains + Interview / Personality Test|
|Exam Language||English and Hindi|
HPSC HCS 2022 Important Dates
The applicants must remain updated with the latest schedule for the exam in order to prepare accordingly. The tentative schedule for HPSC HCS 2022 is given below:
|Haryana Civil Services Notification||Feb 2022|
|Haryana Civil Services online application commencement date||March 2022|
|Haryana Civil Services online application end date||April 2022|
|HCS prelims exam||May 2022|
|HCS prelims result||July 2022(Tentative)|
|HCS main exam||August 2022(Tentative)|
|HCS main exam result||November 2022(Tentative)|
|HCS Interview||December 2022(Tentative)|
|HCS Result||February 2022(Tentative)|
HPSC HCS Vacancy 2022
The Vacancy for HPSC HCS 2022 will be updated in this section as soon as they are released by the authorities. The aspirants can form an idea about the vacancy using 2020 data. A total of 166 vacancies were announced by the government in 2020 which are as mentioned below:
|HCS (Ex. Br.)||48|
|E. T. O.||11|
|A’ Class Tehsildar||18|
|Asstt. Excise & Taxation Officer||44|
HPSC HCS 2022 Application Form
The Haryana Public Selection Commission will be releasing the application form for HPSC HCS 2022 in the month of August 2022. The authorities will release a notification for the same well in advance and further start the application process for HPSC HCS. Although, all the applicants are required to go through the detailed eligibility criteria for HPSC HCS 2022 before applying for the examination. The applicant must ensure that they fill the application form with the utmost care as the correction to the form will not be entertained in the future. The application forms for HPSC HCS 2022 will be made available online through the official website.
Steps to fill the Application Form for HPSC HCS:
- The applicants need to begin with visiting the official website
- The applicants must look for the “HPSC Application form” link on the homepage and click on it.
- The applicants can observe an application window on the next screen.
- The applicants need to register themselves using a valid Email ID and password.
- The applicants are required to upload the digitally scanned copies of required documents in the prescribed format and size.
- Now, the applicants are required to pay the application fee. This payment can be initiated through debit card, credit card or net banking.
- Finally, the applicants must submit the application form and don’t forget to take a print out of the application form for future reference.
|General category candidates||Rs 1000/-|
|Females candidates belonging to General category Female candidates belonging to General category and all reserved categories appearing from other States||Rs 250/-|
|Male & Female candidates belonging to SC/ BC-A/ BC -B/ ESM categories of Haryana only.||Rs 250/-|
|For all PwD, candidates with Disabilities category||NIL|
HPSC HCS 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants must ensure that they meet the minimum eligibility criteria before applying for the examination. The detailed eligibility criteria for HPSC HCS 2022 is given below:
HPSC HSC Age Limit
- The minimum age of the applicant must be 21 years.
- The maximum age of the applicant must be 42 years.
Age for the post of DSP:
- The minimum age of the applicant must be 21 years.
- The maximum age of the applicant must be 27 years.
HPSC Educational Qualification
The applicant must have a or equivalent degree from a university recognized by the government or its equivalent.
HPSC HCS 2022 Exam Pattern
HPSC HCS 2022 will be conducted by the Haryana Public Selection Commission in three phases: Preliminary Exam, Main Exam & Personality Test. The applicants must know the exam pattern so that they can easily form an overview of the exam and become familiar with the different sections of the exam. The exam pattern for all the three phases is unique and is mentioned below:
HPSC HCS Prelims Exam
|Papers||Total Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|General Studies||100||100||2 hours|
|CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)||100||100||2 hours|
The HPSC HCS Prelims Exam will consist of 2 papers: General Studies & CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test). There will be a total of 200 questions and 4 hours will be provided for the exam. The applicants will get 1 mark for each correct answer while one-fourth mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. Only the scores of General Studies will be taken into consideration while declaring the HPSC HCS Results. However, the applicant needs to qualify for the CSAT paper.
HPSC HCS Mains Exam
|Papers||Maximum Marks||Time allotted|
|English and English Essay||100 marks||3 Hours|
|Hindi Including Hindi Essay written in Devnagri Script||100 marks||3 Hours|
|General Studies||100 marks||3 Hours|
|Optional Subject 1||150 marks||3 hours|
|Optional Subject 2||150 marks||3 hours|
After qualifying the HPSC HCS Prelims Exam, the applicants need to appear for the HPSC HCS Mains Exam. The Mains exam will be divided into five papers: English and English Essay, Hindi Including Hindi Essay written in Devnagri Script, General Studies, and two Optional Subjects. Each paper will be of 3 hours duration. The Mains Exam will be carrying a total of 600 marks.
HPSC HCS Personality Test
The HPSC HCS Personality Test will be carrying a total of 75 marks. This round usually takes place at the commission’s premises located in Panchkula. This is the final round on the basis of which the applicants will be recruited for profuse posts.
The final merit list for HPSC HCS will be prepared on the basis of total scores of Mains exam and Personality Test. This adds up to a total of 675 marks. The applicant must remember that the marks secured in the Prelims Exam will not be taken into consideration while preparing the final merit list.
HPSC HCS 2022 Syllabus
The applicants must be updated about the syllabus for the examination so that they can prepare for the exam accordingly. The syllabus for HPSC HCS 2022 is given below:
- Current events of national and international importance.
- General Science.
- Indian and World Geography.
- Indian Culture, Indian Polity and Indian Economy.
- Haryana–Economy, and people. Social, economic and cultural institutions and language of Haryana.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- General Mental Ability.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- General mental ability
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, the order of magnitude, etc. – Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. – Class X level)
HPSC HCS 2022 Admit Cards
The admit cards for HPSC HCS 2022 will be released by the authorities on the official website. All the applicants who have successfully filled the application form along with the required registration fees will be able to download the admit cards. The applicants can expect the issuance of admit card around 15 days prior to the examination.
Steps for downloading the Admit Card for HPSC HCS:
- The applicants must visit the official website for downloading the admit card.
- Here, the applicants need to enter their application number or registration number and date of birth.
- Next, the applicant must click on the “Download Admit Card” link.
- The admit card of the applicant will be displayed on-screen. The applicant must check for any correction in the admit card.
- If the information displayed on the admit card is correct, applicants must take a print out and preserve it for future reference.
HPSC HCS 2022 Results
The final results for HPSC HCS 2022 will be declared by the authorities after all three phases of the exam are conducted. However, the results are declared by the Haryana Public Selection Commission after the commencement of each phase. All the results will be made available online through the official website. The results will be declared in the form of a merit list displaying the roll numbers of prospective applicants.
Steps for downloading the Results for HPSC HCS:
- First of all, the applicant must visit the official website.
- Now, the applicant is required to click on the “Result” section mentioned on the website.
- The applicant needs to look for “HPSC HCS Result” and needs to click on the same.
- Finally, the applicant can observe a pdf on-screen. The applicant needs to search for his/her roll number.
HPSC 2020 Previous years’ Cut-off
The cut-offs for HPSC HCS 2022 will be updated here as soon as they are released by the authorities. Meanwhile, the applicants can go through the previous year’s cut-off and form an idea. The Cut-Offs for HPSC HCS 2020 are mentioned below:
|General category candidates||130.32|
HPSC HCS FAQs
Who will be conducting the HPSC HCS?
The exam will be conducted by Haryana Public Selection Commission.
What will be the medium of the exam?
The exam will be conducted in English and Hindi language.
What type of questions will be asked in the HPSC HCS Prelims exam?
The paper will be having Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
What were the total vacancies in 2020?
There were 166 vacancies in total.
What will be the duration of HPSC HCS Prelims Exam?
The duration for each paper will be 2 hours.