DSSSB PGT Recruitment 2024: For the National Territory of Delhi, the DSSSB board conducts various state-level recruitment exams. The exams are held to fill vacancies in a variety of teaching and non-teaching positions. Any candidate with a master’s degree in the subject they are applying for is eligible to apply. Students with training or education diplomas or degrees are also eligible to apply.
For recruitment, there are two levels of exams. The tier-1 exam is worth 300 marks and is divided into two sections. The exam is a multiple-choice test. Each question is worth one mark, and incorrect answers result in a 0.25 negative mark. Tier 2 is divided into two sections as well.
Table of Contents
DSSSB PGT 2024: An Overview
The following are some of the exam’s key highlights:
|Exam Name||Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board Post Graduate Teachers recruitment|
|Board Name||Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Fee for Application||Rs 100 for General and OBC candidatesSC/ST/Women/PH/ Ex-servicemen exempted|
|Examination Mode||Online and Offline|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Exam Language||English and Hindi|
DSSSB PGT Recruitment 2024 Exam Dates
The DSSSB board has yet to announce the exam dates for PGT recruitment 2024. The next recruitment cycle’s exam dates are expected to be a little earlier.
|Exam related Events||Exam Dates (tentative)|
|Release of Official Notification||February|
|Start of Online Application date||To be released soon|
|End of Application date||To be released soon|
|Admit card release date||To be released soon|
|DSSSB PGT Exam dates||To be released soon|
|DSSSB PGT Result Announcement||To be released soon|
DSSSB PGT Application Form 2024
The DSSSB PGT application form is available on the DSSB’s official website. The application process is entirely online, and no other method of submission is acceptable. The following are the steps to apply for the DSSSB PGT:
- Visit the DSSSB’s official website.
- Check the link for the online application underneath the important announcements section.
- By tapping on the new registration, you can begin the registration process.
- The candidate receives his or her registration number and password via email.
- Apply for the exam by logging in with your credentials.
- Fill out the application and upload all of the required documents.
- The application fee must be paid in full.
- A printout of the application form should be saved for future reference.
DSSSB PGT Application Fees
In order to successfully complete the registration process for the DSSSB PGT, applicants must pay an application fee. The following are the application fees for each category:
|Category Name||Application fee|
|General and OBC||Rs 100|
|DSSSB JE||DSSSB Patwari||Tripura TET|
|UTET||UP TGT||DSSSB Assistant Teacher|
DSSSB PGT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for DSSSB PGT positions, students should make sure they meet the eligibility requirements. To apply for the exam, candidates must meet the educational requirements, age requirements, and nationality requirements.
A student must be of Indian nationality in order to apply for the exam.
|Post Name||Age Limit|
|PGT||The candidate must be under the age of 36.|
Contractual teachers are eligible for up to five years of flexibility if they have worked for at least 180 days in a year.
|Educational and Vocational Guidance Counselor||Candidate must be under the age of 30.|
Contractual teachers are eligible for a 5-year relaxation if they have worked for at least 180 days in the year.
The age restrictions for various reservation categories are as follows:
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|Ex. Servicemen||Period of military service + 3 years|
The following are the educational requirements for the position:
|PGT||A Master’s degree in the subject in which the Candidates is applying to|
Degree/ Diploma in training/ Education
This can be relaxed in the following cases:
Has a PhD from a reputable university in the subject
Until post-graduation, received first division and will complete a B.ed degree within three years of joining the service.
|Educational and Vocational Guidance Counselor||A Master’s degree in psychology from a reputable university is required, as well as a diploma in guidance and counselling from a reputable university.|
DSSSB PGT Syllabus
There will be two sections in a one-tier (general/technical) examination: Section A and Section B. The following is the syllabus for each section:
DSSSB PGT Section A Syllabus
- General Awareness
- Knowledge of current events with matter of everyday observation
- General Awareness of the Environment Around Us and Its Application to Society
- Scientific Research,
- Everyday Science,
- National/International Organizations/Institutions, etc.
- Art & Culture,
- General Intelligence and Reasoning Ability:
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Visual memory
- Space visualization,
- Verbal and figure classification
- Arithmetical number series, etc.
- Arithmetical and Numerical Ability:
- Time & Work,
- Data Interpretation,
- Profit and Loss,
- L.C.M., H.C.F.,
- Simple and compound interest,
- Time and distance,
- Ratio & Proportion
- Tables & Graphs etc.
- Hindi Language & Comprehension and English Language & Comprehension:
- Sentence Structure
- Antonyms and their correct usage, etc.
DSSSB PGT 2024 Exam Pattern
The PGT selection process for the DSSSB is a two-tiered exam process. Each tier of the exam has two sections. Shortlisting candidates is done on the first tier of the exam. Only tier-ii marks are used to make the final decision.
DSSSB PGT Tier-1 Pattern
The tier-1 exam lasts three hours and has 300 questions. A +1 mark is given for each correct answer, and a -0.25 mark is given for each incorrect answer.
|Type of questions||Objective|
|Duration of exam||3 hrs|
|Marks||+1 for correct answers and -0.25 for wrong answers|
|Total Number of questions||Maximum marks||Specifics||Pattern|
|100||100||Section A||Mental ability and reasoning ability|
Hindi language and comprehension
Numerical aptitude and data interpretation
English language and comprehension
|200||200||Section B||MCQs about post-graduate qualifications and teaching methods are required for this position.|
DSSSB PGT Tier-II Pattern
The tier-ii of the DSSSB PGT exam is also divided into two sections and lasts three hours. The first section of this paper is similar to the first tier of the exam. Section B, on the other hand, has descriptive questions based on the subject for which the candidates are applying.
|Question Types||Both descriptive and objective|
|Total Number of questions||100 in section A and varies in section B|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
DSSSB PGT Preparation Plan
- The first step in preparation is to learn everything there is to know about the DSSSB PGT Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
- There are numerous books from which to choose in order to begin studying for the DSSSB PGT exam. Candidates must, however, identify and select the books with which they are most comfortable studying.
- Candidates should review the previous DSSSB PGT cut-off scores. As a result, candidates must calculate the expected cut-off score for the upcoming exam. Candidates can set a target score based on this.
- Solve as many previous year’s DSSSB PGT papers as you can.
DSSSB PGT Admit Card
The DSSSB PGT admit card is available on the DSSSB’s official website prior to the exam date. Candidates can access their admit cards by logging in with their login credentials.
Steps to download the admit card:
- Step 1: Go to the DSSSB’s official website.
- Step 2: Look for the exam’s admit card link under the important announcements section.
- Step 3: Please enter your login information.
- Step 4: Your admit card will appear on the screen. You can use the admit card that you have downloaded.
DSSSB PGT Answer Key
The DSSSB will issue an answer key that will include the correct answers to all of the exam’s questions. Candidates will also be given a time limit within which they can object to the answers provided in the answer key if they believe the answers are incorrect. A fee per objection may also be imposed on the candidate. The DSSSB will release the final answer key after considering the objections. The provisional answer key can be viewed using the link provided below.
DSSSB PGT Expected Cutoffs 2024
The cutoff marks are the minimum scores required to advance to the next round. To advance to the next round, candidates must score higher than the cutoff marks. Meeting the cutoff mark does not guarantee that you will be chosen.
Candidates who achieve a score greater than or equal to the cutoff mark are considered for further consideration. The following are the expected cutoffs for the DSSSB PGT exam:
|PGT Biology- Female||158.78||134.70||122.41||96.57|
|PGT Chemistry – Male||157.02||141.47||124.67||94.57|
|PGT Chemistry- Female||160.82||140.18||126.,09||91.86|
|PGT Commerce- Male||174.16||158.56||143.71||90.86|
|PGT English- Male||146||119||124.5||95.25|
|PGT English- Female||120.50||106.57||91.67||92.24|
|PGT History- Male||149||117||132.81||133.33|
|PGT Maths- Male||126.01||106.57||–||90|
|PGT Maths- Female||120.50||107.32||90.66||–|
|PGT Physics- Male||197.45||185.20||–||–|
|PGT Geography- female||155.56||125.25||122.73||121.72|
DSSSB PGT 2024 Results
The official results of the DSSSB PGT are published on the DSSSB’s official website. Students can check their scores and download their scorecards by logging into their ID.
Steps to check the results:
- Step 1: Visit the DSSSB’s official website.
- Step 2: Look for the DSSSB PGT results link in the announcements section.
- Step 3: To log in, enter your roll number and date of birth.
- Step 4: The results will be displayed on the screen, and candidates will be able to print out their results.
DSSSB PGT Recruitment 2024 Salary and Benefits
DSSSB PGT candidates are offered a monthly salary as well as numerous benefits and allowances. The DSSSB PGT recruitment salary structure is as follows:
|Post Name||Pay Scale (INR)||Grade Pay (INR)||In-hand Salary (INR)|
The following are some of the various benefits available to PGT recruits:
- Medical allowances
- Maternity leaves for women
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Residential quarters or HRA
- Transport Allowance (TA)
DSSSB PGT 2024 Vacancies
Along with the announcement of the notification, the DSSSB board will also announce the vacancies for the year 2024 for the recruitment of PGTs. However, for the year 2024, a total of 710 vacancies in various subjects were announced. There will be openings in a variety of subjects, including biology, chemistry, and English. In addition, a list of job openings in various categories will be made public.
DSSSB PGT Recruitment 2024 Selection Process
Tier I and Tier II are usually the two stages of the DSSSB PGT recruitment process. The following are the details of the DSSSB PGT recruitment process:
- There are two sections to the tier-1 exam.
- Section A contains objective questions on general awareness, reasoning ability, arithmetic and numerical ability, and language ability.
- Section B consists of subject-related questions.
- There are two sections on the tier-2 exam.
- The first section resembles the first tier’s section A.
- The second section of the application includes descriptive questions about the position you’re applying for.
- This round’s questions tend to be more difficult.
DSSSB PGT Recruitment 2024 FAQs
You must be of Indian nationality to apply for the DSSSB PGT recruitment.
The DSSSB holds PGT recruitment once a year.
Candidates applying for PGT positions with the DSSSB must be at least 36 years old. There are, however, numerous exceptions for other categories.
For each correct and incorrect answer, the DSSSB PGT recruitment uses a marking scheme of +1 and –o.25.
The DSSSB has a two-tiered selection process for PGT positions.