Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test is a State-Level exam and is popularly known as BTET. Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test is organized by Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB). This test is conducted once a year. All the students, who have qualified B.Ed. and want to pursue a teacher’s job in government or private schools then they have to crack this exam with good rank and score. Those candidates who are willing to excel in their career in the teaching field and hence want to become a teacher in the primary or secondary schools in Bihar state, then they should not miss this chance and must have to apply for this exam.
Very soon, the official notification for BTET will be released on the official website of BSEB. The application form will be released in online mode and exam for the same will be conducted in online mode also. Every year, nearly 5 Lakh applicants apply for this test to fulfill their dream. For more information about this exam, candidates are instructed to visit the official website regularly.
In this article, we are going to discuss important things about Bihar TET such as Application Form, Exam syllabus, Exam Pattern, etc. So the candidates are requested to read this article very carefully.
Table of Contents
BTET 2024 Overview
|Name of Examination||Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test 2024|
|Popularly Known As||BTET 2024|
|Conducting Authority||Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB)|
|Exam Level||State Level Eligibility Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Periodicity||Once a year|
|No. of Papers||2|
|Application Fee||For General/OBC Category – Rs.500/- |
For SC/ ST/ PwD Category – Rs. 300/-
BTET 2024 Important Dates
All the Important dates will be released soon on the official website along with the upcoming latest notification for Bihar TET. Here we will update the dates column once after the release of official notification.
|Online Application Starts from||To be announced soon|
|Last date of submission of Online Application form||To be announced soon|
|Last Date to Deposit Application Fee||To be announced soon|
|Correction Date||To be announced soon|
|Admit Card Releasing Date||To be announced soon|
|Bihar TET 2024 Exam Date||To be announced soon|
|Declaration of Result||To be announced soon|
BTET 2024 Application Form
The application form for BTET will be filled in online mode on the official website i.e. http://biharboardonline.bihar.gov.in. Here we have given the step-by-step procedure to fill the online application form of BTET, candidates are instructed to follow these steps.
- First of all, go to visit the official website of BSEB, Bihar i.e. http://biharboardonline.bihar.gov.in.
- Now click on the link to Bihar TET 2024 application form appearing on the home page.
- After that click on the “Apply Now” link.
- Now open the registration form and fill in all required and necessary details such as Name, Email, DoB, Mobile No., etc.
- And click on ‘Submit Button’.
- Now after the successful registration, the system will generate a provisional registration no. and password and it will be sent to your registered mobile no. and Email ID.
- Now open the ‘Application form’ by login the credentials such as registration no. and password.
- Here you have to fill in all the required information such as Personal Details, Communication Details, Academic details, etc.
- After filling the application form, candidates have to upload the required documents in the prescribed format mentioned by the authority.
- To complete the application process, candidates have to pay the required application fee.
- Now after submitting the application form and application fee, candidates are instructed to take a print out of the application form and e-receipt of the application fee.
- The application form will be filled in online mode via various payment methods such as Debit card/ Credit card/ Net Banking, etc.
- The application fee will be non-refundable and non-transferable.
|Category||Paper I||Paper-II||Both Paper I and Paper II|
|For General/ OBC/ Most Backward candidates||Rs.400/-||Rs.400/-||Rs.600/-|
|For SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs.200/-||Rs.200/-||Rs.300/-|
BTET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, candidates are instructed to check all the eligibility criteria mentioned in the information brochure. Here we have provided some basic eligibility criteria that you must have to meet.
Only the candidates belonging to Bihar state can apply for this test.
- The minimum age limit of the candidates should be 21 years as of January 1, 2024.
- The Maximum age limit of the candidates should be 35 years as of January 1, 2024.
- The age relaxation of 5% will be provided for female/SC/ST/OBC candidates, depending upon the reservation criteria defined by the exam conducting authorities.
- Only 1 reservation advantage will be given to the reserved category of female candidates.
For Teachers I-V classes (Paper-1): Primary Level
- Candidates must have qualified Class X with a minimum of 45% marks or equivalent.
- Those candidates who have completed their graduation in B.SC/ BA/ Degree with a score of minimum 50% marks and also completed B.ED, can apply for the exam.
- Those candidates who are appearing in Final Four year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.ED)/2 year Diploma in Elementary Education/2 year Diploma in Education in Special Education, can also apply for this exam.
For teachers VI-VIII Classes (Paper-II): Upper Primary Level
- Candidates who have completed their Graduation and passed/appearing in the final year of 2-year D.El.Ed. (Diploma in Elementary Education).
- Candidates who have completed their Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed/appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed)/ passed or appearing in the final year of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)/B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
- Candidates who have completed their Graduation with a minimum of 45% marks and passed/ appearing in 1- year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
BTET 2024 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of Bihar TET is described below. The exam of Bihar TET consists of two papers namely Paper-I and Paper-II. Paper -I is necessary for those who want to become a Primary Teacher and Paper-II is necessary for those who want to become an Upper Primary Teacher.
- Mode of Exam- Offline
- Type of Questions- MCQs
- Total No. of Questions- 150 (for each paper)
- Maximum Marks – 150 (for each paper)
- Duration- 150 Minutes (for each paper)
- Marking Scheme-
- 1 mark will be rewarded for every correct answer.
- No negative marking will be there for any incorrect answer.
Paper – I Exam Pattern
|Subject||Number of question||Marks||Duration|
|Child development & Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language – 1 (Hindi / English/ Urdu/ Bangla/ Maithili)||30||30|
|Language – 2 (Hindi / English/ Urdu/ Bangla/ Maithili)||30||30|
Paper-II Exam Pattern
|Subjects||Number of Question||Marks||Duration|
|Science & Mathematics OR Social Science||60||60|
|Language – 1 (Anyone of Hindi / Urdu / Bangla / Maithili / Bhojpuri / Sanskrit / Arabic / Persian / English)||30||30|
|Language – 2 (Anyone of Hindi / Urdu / Bangla / Maithili / Bhojpuri / Sanskrit / Arabic / Persian / English)||30||30|
|Child development & Pedagogy||30||30|
BTET 2024 Syllabus
- Child Development
- Learning and Pedagogy
- The concept of Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs
- Concept of development and its relationship with learning
- Language Knowledge
- Language Pedagogy
- Unseen Passage
- Environmental Studies
- Things We Make and Do
- Family and Friends
- Related to Subjects: Pedagogical Issues
- Social Studies
- Social & Political life
- Information Technology
- Social Studies Pedagogy
- Pedagogy of Science
- Natural Phenomena
- How things work
- Natural Resources
- The World of the Living
- Moving Things People and Ideas
BTET 2024 Admit Card
The admit card of Bihar TET will be released on the official website of BSEB. Candidates can download the admit card by visiting the official website by following the mentioned below points.
How to Download Admit Card?
- Visit the official website of the Bihar School Education Board.
- Now find and click on the link for “Download BTET 2024 admit card”.
- Next, log in there by using credential details such as application no. and password/ Date of Birth.
- After entering the login details, you will see your admit card there.
- Now download the admit card and do not forget to take a print out of it for future reference.
Details Mentioned on the Admit Card-
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll No.
- Candidate’s Photograph
- Candidate’s Signature
- Father’s Name
- Examination Center
- Examination Code
- Exam Timing
BTET 2024 Result
The Result/ Scorecard of Bihar TET will be released on the official website by releasing a notification for the same. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll no. and password. Here we have given a step-by-step procedure to download the result of Bihar TET.
How to Download BTET Result?
- Go to the official website of BTET i.e. tet.bseb.in.
- Now enter the roll number and date of birth.
- After entering the details, click on the “Search” button.
- If you passed the exam then your name will be appearing there along with your roll number in the PDF list.
- You can also download the PDF list by clicking on the “Download Pdf” option.
BTET 2024 Answer Key
Before the declaration of the result, the authorities of the Bihar Secondary Examination Board will release the provisional and final answer key on the official website. Candidates can check the answer key and match their answer with the final answer key, it will help them to determine their score/ marks based on the number of right and wrong responses that they have incurred in the question paper.
BTET 2024 Cut off
After a few days of declaration of result, the BSEB will release the cut off marks for BTET on the official website. The cut off marks will depend on the following factors such as-
- No. of candidates applied for the test.
- The difficulty level of the question paper.
- Reservation Policy of the authorized body.
Here we have mentioned the previous year cut off marks, it will help you to find an idea for the current year trends.
BTET 2018 Cut Off
|General candidates||90 marks|
|SC/ST candidates||75 marks|
|OBC/Female/PWD candidates||83 marks|
BTET 2024 FAQs
A: The Bihar School Examination Board conducts the BTET (Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test).
A: The BTET certificate is valid for seven years from the date of its declaration.
A: The application fee for Bihar TET is as follows:
For General/OBC/Most Backward candidates: Rs. 400/- for Paper I or Paper II, and Rs. 600/- for both Paper I and Paper II.
For SC/ST/PwD Candidates: Rs. 200/- for Paper I or Paper II, and Rs. 300/- for both Paper I and Paper II.
A: The minimum age limit to apply for Bihar TET is 21 years as of January 1, 2024, and the maximum age limit is 35 years as of January 1, 2024. However, there is a 5% age relaxation for female/SC/ST/OBC candidates as per the reservation criteria defined by the exam conducting authorities.
A: There are two papers in Bihar TET:
Paper I: For candidates willing to become a teacher for the Primary Level (Class I to V).
Paper II: For candidates willing to become a teacher for the Upper Primary Level (Class VI to VIII).