The Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC) conducts the BARC Exam 2024 for the recruitment of Trainee Scientific Officers (OCES/DGFS). After the GATE 2024 review, the examination was held in March with several changes.
The qualified candidates should appear for the interview process after passing the BARC Exam 2024. The final decision will be made solely on the basis of the interview results, subject to medical fitness.
The final selected candidates can attend a one-year training programme at BARC Training School. Following satisfactory completion of the Institute’s one-year course work, DGFS Fellows are allocated project work by DAE and supervised jointly by a DAE and an Institute guide.
This examination is open to both men and women. For BARC Medical/ Scientific Officer and Technical Officer, candidates will be chosen based on an interview. When shortlisting candidates, their success in the GATE Exam will be taken into account. Shortlisted candidates will be trained at various BARC schools throughout the country.
You can find all the details about BARC Exam 2024 Recruitment in this post, including exam dates, selection process, eligibility requirements, application form, charge, BARC Exam Syllabus & Paper Pattern, admit card, and more. Please review the eligibility requirements for BARC Exam 2024 before filling out the online application form for candidates.
Table of Contents
BARC Recruitment 2024 Highlights:
|Exam Name||BARC Recruitment 2024|
|Organising Body||Bhabha Atomic Research Centre|
|Designation||Medical/Scientific Officer and Technical Officer|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Frequency of Exam||Annually|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Salary Pay scale||INR 67,700 – 56,100/-|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fees||General /OBC – INR 500/-|
SC/ST/Female/PH – Exempted
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Selection Process||Screening Test|
BARC Recruitment 2024 Exam Date
|Online Application Portal Release for OCES/DGFS-2024||January 2024|
|Last date for Registration for Online Application||February 2024|
|Last date for Submission of Online Application||February 2024|
|A download of Admit Card for Online Examination||May 2024|
|Online Examination||April 2024|
|Last date for candidates to upload their GATE 2023/2024 score||April 2024|
|Display of List of candidates short-listed for Interview on Online Application Portal (BARC Written Exam Result)||April 2024|
|Availability based option on Online Application Portal to select Interview Slot for qualified candidates||To be announced|
|Selection Interviews||To be announced|
|Display of List of Candidates finally selected for OCES-2024 on Online Application Portal||To be announced|
|Last Date for Selected OCES-2024 Candidates desirous of DGFS to give details of M.Tech / M.Chem.Engg. admission to a DGFS institute||To be announced|
|Declaration of List of Applicants Selected for DGFS-2024 on Online Application Portal||To be announced|
BARC Recruitment 2024 Salary & Payscale
The following salaries will be paid to candidates hired as Medical/Scientific Officers and Technical Officers at the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, depending on the role.
|Name of the Post||Pay Level||Salary|
|Medical/ Scientific Officer-D||11||INR 67700 + NPA|
|Medical /Scientific Officer-C||10||INR 56100 + NPA|
|Technical Officer-C||10||INR 56100/-|
The appointed officers are entitled to other benefits of the position, such as a positive working environment, promotion to higher technical/scientific grades under the DAE’s Merit Promotion Scheme, healthcare benefits, an attractive performance-related incentive, and an attractive professional update allowance, in addition to the handsome salary. As a result, if you want to be a part of BARC 2024, start studying now.
BARC Exam 2024 Eligibility Criteria
- A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Engineering) / 5-year Integrated M.Tech.
- If you want to be considered based on your GATE score, you must have a valid GATE-2023 or GATE-2024 score in the same engineering discipline as your qualifying degree.
- Qualifications in fields such as Aerospace, Automobile, Industrial Production, Reliability, Ceramics, Architecture, Geology, Mining, Bio-Medical Electronics/ Instruments, Communication, Information Technology, Master of Computer Applications, Dyes & Dye Intermediates, Electrochemical, Energy Systems, Oils & Fats, Paints & Varnishes, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Paper, Sugar Technology, Textiles, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, will Not be eligible.
Educational Qualification BARC Recruitment 2024
- Candidates for the post of Medical/ Scientific Officer-D must have an MD / M.S./ DNB, M.D.S. degree in the discipline for which they are applying.
- To be qualified as a Medical/Scientific Officer-C, you must have an MBBS degree and one year of institutional experience, including the mandatory internship.
- To become a Technical Officer-C, you must have an M.Sc., B.E., B.E. / B. Tech. degree from a recognised university with a 60 percent or equivalent CGPA.
- To apply for Quality Assurance & Quality Control (QA & QC, code 32), a candidate must have completed a B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc. (Engineering)/5-year Integrated M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering with at least 60% aggregate marks.
- If you want to work in Fast Reactor Technology-E (FRT-E, code 31), you must have a B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc. (Engineering)/5-year Integrated M.Tech. in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering with a minimum of 60%* in the qualifying degree.
- Applicants for Fast Reactor Technology-M (FRT-M, code 30) must have completed a B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc.(Engineering)/5-year Integrated M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks.
BARC Recruitment 2024 is open to a wide range of disciplines. The following branches are open to candidates with an engineering or science background.
|Engineering Streams||Science Streams|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||Physics|
|Computer Engineering (CSE)||Chemistry|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||Biosciences|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||Radiological Safety|
|Electronics Engineering (EC)||Geology|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||Geophysics|
|Metallurgical Engineering (MT)|
|Instrumentation Engineering (IN)|
Age Limit for BARC 2024 Recruitment
Medical/Scientific Officer/D: The Minimum age eligibility is 18 years old and maximum age eligibility is 40 years old.
Medical/Scientific Officer-C: The Minimum age eligibility is 18 and the maximum age eligibility is 35.
Technical Officer-C: The Minimum age eligibility is 18 and there is no maximum age criteria.
Note – Age relaxation will be applied in accordance with government regulations.
BARC Recruitment 2024 Online Application Process
The following are the steps to apply for BARC Group A Recruitment 2024-25:
Part I: Registration
- Candidates should first click on the link provided below.
- Fill in the blanks with the requested information.
- On the registered Email ID and Mobile number, a provisional registration number and password will be sent.
Part II: Log In
- Log in with your registration number and password to finish the application process.
- Fill in all of the personal, academic, and communication information correctly.
- Upload a photo of yourself and your signature.
- The required documents must be uploaded in the correct format.
- Before paying the application fee, double-check the information you entered in the form.
- Pay the application fee after it has been verified.
- After you have paid the application fee, the application form will be accepted provisionally.
- The application form should be saved and printed for future use.
Application Fee for BARC Recruitment 2024
While filling out the online application form, the candidate must pay a non-refundable application fee according to their category, which is listed below:
|General/OBC (male candidates)||Rs. 500/-|
|Other Categories (Including All Female Candidates)||No Fee.|
|KMML Recruitment||CSIR NCL||KCCPL|
|PSPCL||India Post GDS||NPCIL Recruitment|
BARC 2024 Exam Pattern
The examination pattern for the BARC exam is similar to that of the GATE 2024 exam. We’ve compiled a list of key points about the BARC Exam Pattern.
- The BARC Exam will be conducted entirely online.
- The exam will consist full of Objective Type questions only.
- There are a total of 100 questions on the paper.
- The exam will last 2 hours in total.
- Each question is worth three points.
- For each incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted (Negative Marking)
- The BARC exam does not allow physical calculators, but virtual calculators will be available on your terminal.
BARC Recruitment 2024 Admit Card
The BARC Exam 2024 is being held specifically for the OCES/DGFS 2024 recruitment. The Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) is accepting applications for Trainee Scientific Officer (TSO) positions at BARC Training School for the academic year 2024-25. Applicants must pass a separate online examination or have a GATE 2023/2024 score in the Engineering and Science stream.
A valid photo ID proof (e.g. Passport, Driving License, Aadhar, Voter ID Card, ID Card issued by the Candidate’s college), Original 10th Mark sheet (or equivalent), and Category Certificate of the relevant categories are required to be brought along with the Admit card for the screening test and Interview.
Important Instructions for BARC Exam 2024
- Please bring an official BARC 2024 Admit Card, as well as an original and photocopy of your photo identity proof.
- Please give the invigilator your BARC Admit Card and a photocopy of your photo ID proof, stapled together.
- You must arrive at the examination centre before the scheduled examination time, which is printed on your BARC Recruitment Admit Card.
- Candidates who arrive after the time printed on their call letter will not be allowed to enter the Examination Hall, nor will they be allowed to leave until the test is completed and/or permission to leave is granted by the test administrator.
BARC Recruitment 2024 Results
After the screening test, the candidates who have been shortlisted will be invited to an interview. Candidates should book their interview slot after being selected by logging into their account. The chosen candidates were invited to an interview at the location specified by the board. Shortly after the online screening test and interview, the final list of Selected candidates for OCES/DGFS – 2024 (Scientific Officer) will be released.
Thousands of people applied for the BARC exam, but only a few were chosen for an interview based on the BARC Scientific Officer Cutoff. A merit list will be used to announce the results. By logging into their accounts, candidates can also view their scorecards.
BARC Exam 2024 Selection Process
The whole process consists of two-step process:
Step 1: Examinations
(a) Based on Online Examination: Online examinations will be held in more than forty cities across India in each of the nine engineering disciplines and five science disciplines. It is not possible to receive a Travel Allowance for participating in it.
Candidates who register for the Online Examination will have the option of selecting their examination centre, as well as the date and time of the session in which they wish to take the Online Examination, if space is available. Candidates will be assigned a slot for taking the Online Examination on a first-come, first-served basis.
(b) Based on GATE Score: Shortlisted candidates for the interview process must have a valid GATE score in the relevant GATE subject. Applicants with a degree in “Nuclear Engineering” will be screened in only if they pass an online exam in March 2024.
Step 2: Interviews of the short-listed candidates
Choosing Short-listed candidates will be interviewed in Mumbai and Hyderabad (in all disciplines except geology and geophysics) (in Geology and Geophysics).
Outstation applicants will be paid the shortest route or actual fare, whichever is less, for two-way second-class sleeper train fare from their registered residential address.
BARC Recruitment 2024
A: The BARC Exam offers a significant opportunity for candidates interested in working in the public sector or in fields of study provided by the Central Government of India.
A: To be eligible for the BARC Exam, candidates must have a valid GATE score in the same engineering discipline as their qualifying degree discipline. Candidates awaiting final results are also welcome to apply.
A: The Bhabha Atomic Research Centre hires graduate engineers every year, but the number of available positions can vary.
A: OCES stands for Orientation Course for Engineers and Scientists. It is a training program that all candidates selected through the BARC Training Schools’ selection process need to complete to join various units of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE).
DGFS stands for DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme. Candidates selected for the DGFS fellowship get M.Tech. admission in select institutes based on a valid GATE score in specified specializations listed in the advertisement, in addition to admission to the OCES courses.
A: Yes, candidates who are eligible to take the BARC written exam should not fill out the online application form with any GATE parameters.
A: GATE is a well-known entrance exam in India for admission to PG programs at IITs, NITs, and IIITs. The GATE Score is determined using the normalization method, which accounts for differences in difficulty levels among various GATE papers. The total marks are measured as a score out of 1000, and the final score for all papers is determined using the normalization formula.