RPSC RAS 2022 stands for Rajasthan Administrative Services, and it is a state-level civil service exam. The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) is in charge of administering the exam. The purpose of this entrance exam is to recruit applicants for Rajasthan’s state and subordinate services.
The entrance exam is held once a year and is offered in both English and Hindi. For general category applicants, the application fee is Rs 250, Rs 150 for Other Backward Class candidates, and Rs 50 for SC/ST/PWD applicants. There are three stages to the RAS: preliminary, mains, and interview. The selection process begins with the preliminary stage. The performance of applicants in the mains and interviews is used to recruit and assign positions.
Highlights of RPSC RAS 2022
Following are all the key details of RPSC RAS 2022 summarised in one table.
|RAS Conducting Authority||Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC)|
|Exam Motive||Recruitment for state and subordinate services of Rajasthan|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Exam Languages||English and Hindi|
|Registration fee||250 INR for General Category 150 INR for Other Backward Classes 50 INR for SC/ST/PWD|
|Exam Stages||Preliminary, Mains, Interview|
RPSC RAS 2022 Exam Date
|RPSC RAS Events||RPSC RAS Dates (Tentative)|
|Notification||To be announced|
|Online applications||To be announced|
|Admit card||To be announced|
|RAS Prelims exam||To be announced|
|RAS Result||To be announced|
|RAS Mains Admit Card||To be announced|
|RAS Mains Exam||To be announced|
|Admit Card for RAS Interview||To be announced|
|RAS Interview||To be announced|
RPSC RAS 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The RPSC RAS authorities are very strict about the eligibility criteria, so applicants must be well-versed in them. For your convenience, We’ve included a list of a few of the key points.
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
As of January 1, 2022, applicants must be at least 21 years old and no more than 40 years old. Aspirants for the non-gazetted employees’ post, on the other hand, should be between the ages of 25 and 45 as of January 1, 2022.
How to Apply for RPSC RAS 2022 Exam?
To register for the RPSC RAS exam, the applicant must follow the steps outlined below.
- The applicant must first create an account on the official website using a valid email address and phone number.
- After that, the applicant must fill in all of the fields on the application form with accurate information.
- Aadhaar card, voter ID card, pan card, driving licence, government-issued id card for employees, and photo identity card of university/college/institute are among the documents required for the RPSC RAS entrance examination.
- The applicant will be required to upload a scanned photograph and signature to the form.
- A RAS id will be generated after the payment procedure is completed.
- Class 10 and 12 mark sheets, a degree certificate, and a caste certificate are all required documents for counselling (if applicable).
RPSC RAS Application Fees
Different types of students have different application fees. Before applying, students should review the following to determine the amount they will need to pay.
|RPSC RAS Category||RPSC RAS Application Fee|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe)||Rs 50|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||Rs 250|
RPSC RAS 2022 Exam Pattern
It is vital to consider how the RPSC has laid out the RAS exam pattern for the year 2022 before beginning preparation. Candidates will be able to plan their preparation strategy more effectively if they are aware of the RAS exam pattern. The preliminary exam is entirely made up of general knowledge questions. This exam carries a total of 200 points, and applicants have three hours to complete all of the questions. The paper contains 150 multiple-choice questions.
The mains are the next stage of the RAS entrance exam. There are four papers in this stage: paper 1 (general studies I), paper 2 (general studies II), paper 3 (general studies III), and paper 4 (general studies IV) (general Hindi and general English). The total number of marks for the mains is 800, with 200 for each paper. Each paper is given three hours to the candidates. The questions will take the form of an essay or a descriptive pattern at this point. While studying for the Main Exam, candidates should keep the following points in mind.
RAS Short Answer Questions:
- Word limit: 15
- Paper 1: 25 questions; Paper 2: 15 questions, Paper 3: 25 questions
- Marks for each question: 2
RAS Medium Answer Questions:
- Word limit: 50
- Paper 1: 16 questions; Paper 2: 14 questions; Paper 3: 16 questions
- Marks for each question: 5
RAS Long Answer Questions:
- Word limit: 100
- Paper 1: 7 questions; Paper 2: 10 questions; Paper 3: 7 questions
- Marks for each question: 100
An interview, also known as a personal viva, is the final stage of the RAS entrance examination. This stage has a total of 100 points.
RPSC RAS Prelims Exam
The RAS Prelims exam consists of only one paper. The following are the specifics of the situation.
|General Knowledge||200||3 hours|
RPSC RAS Mains Exam
The RAS Mains exams consist of four papers. Applicants who qualify for the Mains must be aware of the information listed below.
|Paper 1: General Studies I||200||3 hours|
|Paper 2: General Studies II||200||3 hours|
|Paper 3: General Studies III||200||3 hours|
|Paper 4: General Hindi and General English||200||3 hours|
RPSC RAS 2022 Syllabus
The highly competitive RAS exam necessitates thorough knowledge and preparation. Applicants must understand the nuances of the syllabus in order to achieve this. While preparing for the preliminary stage, applicants must cover the following topics. Please keep in mind that this is only a summary of the topics covered in the preliminary stage.
- Indian History – Ancient, Medieval, and Modern
- Geography: India and the world
- History, Culture, Art, Literature, Tradition of Rajasthan
- Constitution of India, Political System and Governance
- Economy of Rajasthan
- Administrative and Political system of Rajasthan
- Reasoning and Mental Ability
- Indian Economy and Basic Economic Concepts
- Science and Technology
- Current Affairs (events of national and international importance)
- Current Affairs (Rajasthan)
The second stage of the RAS entrance examination, the mains, is a little more difficult because there are four papers. Knowing the topic distribution, on the other hand, will make it easier for the applicant to strategize. The following is a list of topics organised by paper.
RPSC RAS General Studies I
- Sociology, Accounting, Management, Auditing
RPSC RAS General Studies II
- Earth Science
- Administrative Ethics
- General Science and Technology
RPSC RAS General Studies III
- Sports and Yoga, Behaviour and Law
- Indian Political System, World Politics, Current Affairs
- Concepts, Issues, and Dynamics of Public Administration and Management
RPSC RAS General Hindi and General English
- General English: Grammar and usage, Comprehension, Translation, Composition and Letter Writing
- General Hindi: Grammar and usage, Comprehension, Translation, Composition and Letter Writing
The topics covered in the RAS interview are difficult to quantify. It’s a stage where the student’s personality, aptitude, and mental fortitude are put to the test. At this point, the candidate is evaluated to see if she or he is qualified for the position.
RPSC RAS 2022 Admit Card
Applicants must go to the official website, https://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/, to download the RPSC RAS Admit Card. The applicants must then click on the ‘Exam Dashboard’ to view detailed information about themselves. Applicants must now download their admit cards from the Rajasthan State and Subordinate Services exam table.
When you click the link, you will be taken to a page where you must enter your login credentials in order to download the admit card. The RPSC RAS Admit card is now available for download. After you have completed the download, you should print two copies of the admit card for future reference.
Preparation Tips for RPSC RAS 2022 Exam
We recognise that taking competitive exams can be a stressful experience. It necessitates diligent study and hard work. While preparation can be a rewarding experience for any aspirant, it can also be stressful, resulting in mental roadblocks that can negatively impact preparation. This, combined with the closure of coaching classes and institutes as a result of the covid-19 outbreak, exacerbates an already dire situation. Here is a list of a few tricks that applicants can incorporate into their preparation strategy to help them stay motivated throughout the process.
- Organizing study materials: It’s one thing to go to coaching classes, but it’s another to get the most out of them without spending too much money. Due to the current circumstances, no offline coaching classes for competitive exams are being held. Given the delicate nature of the situation, it would be a good idea for candidates to gather study materials from various coaching classes. Experts who have seen the pattern of question paper evolve over time curate study materials. Aspirants to the RAS can benefit greatly from their experience. Some study materials include quizzes to make learning more enjoyable.
- Mock tests: Taking mock tests is an important part of RAS preparation. Applicants do not inherently need to register in coaching centres in order to access mock test series. They can simply purchase a mock test series from various coaching centres to have access to a large number of permutation combinations of questions. Time yourself when taking mock tests. If the mock test papers appear to be too difficult, don’t be discouraged; that is the point of taking them. Mock tests prepare you for the worst-case scenarios so you can deal with any situation that may arise during the exam.
- Examine RAS question papers from previous years: Applicants must understand changing patterns and current trends in order to properly prepare. One of the most effective ways to prepare for any competitive exam is to solve previous year’s question papers. It assists you in determining where you stand and how you will respond to questions during the exams. If you’re having trouble preparing, you can always come up with a new strategy that works better for you. Nothing can tell you more about your strengths and weaknesses than question papers from previous years.
RPSC RAS 2022 Result
To be finally selected, all applicants must pass all rounds of the RPSC RAS Exam. To learn more about how to check the RPSC RAS exam result, read the following content:
- Applicants must go to the RPSC’s official website, https://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/, and click on the RAS Result Link under the News and Events section.
- When you click the link, the RAS Result will appear in PDF format.
- You can now save the result to your computer and print it for future reference.