Asked: May 25, 20232023-05-25T20:28:25+05:30 2023-05-25T20:28:25+05:30In: Science
What factors govern the growth of population.
- The unit of thermal conductivity is : (1) J m K–1
- What are the various steps which can be taken to control (or reduce) pollution caused by burning fossil fuels?
- Name the elements present : Sugar
- The non-metal A is an important constituent of our food and most of the fuels around us.
- What is the role of the acid in our stomach ?
- A metal, whose alloy is used in the construction of aircrafts, in the powdered form was added to sodium hydroxide ...
- Write the molecular formulae for the following compounds and name the elements present.
- The following diagram is that of a human brain.
- Slope of a velocity-time graph gives
- Why are forests considered "biodiversity hot spots"?
You must login to add an answer.
Need An Account, Sign Up Here
Population depends on the rate of growth , as well as external factors.
Population is influenced by factors like birth rate & death rate .
Birth rate (Natality)– This refers to the number of newborns in a region at a given time.
Death rate (Mortality) – This refers to the number of deaths in a region at a given time.
Depending on whether birth rate/ death rate is more, the following trends are observed in a population:
Steady population – This is when the birth rate is equal to the death rate. There is neither increase/decrease in the population.
Declining population – This is when death rate is more than the birth rate.
Growing population – This is when birth rate is more than the death rate.
Another factor which influences population growth is competition .