Asked: May 13, 20232023-05-13T13:34:03+05:30 2023-05-13T13:34:03+05:30In: Science
What are the various sense of organs in our body ?
- The unit of thermal conductivity is : (1) J m K–1
- What are the various steps which can be taken to control (or reduce) pollution caused by burning fossil fuels?
- Name the elements present : Sugar
- The non-metal A is an important constituent of our food and most of the fuels around us.
- What is the role of the acid in our stomach ?
- A metal, whose alloy is used in the construction of aircrafts, in the powdered form was added to sodium hydroxide ...
- Write the molecular formulae for the following compounds and name the elements present.
- The following diagram is that of a human brain.
- Slope of a velocity-time graph gives
- Why are forests considered "biodiversity hot spots"?
You must login to add an answer.
Need An Account, Sign Up Here
(a) There are five sense organs in our body. They are the eyes, the ears, the nose, the tongue and the skin.
(b) A receptor is a cell present in the sense organs that are sensitive to specific stimuli.
Example: The eyes have light receptors which can detect light and the ears have sound receptors which can detect sound.
An effector is a part of the body which can respond to a stimulus according to the instructions given by the nervous system.
Example: Muscles and glands of the human body.