Hi, I have a question and I hope anyone could answer it:
Asked: May 19, 20232023-05-19T06:32:35+05:30 2023-05-19T06:32:35+05:30In: Science
The given figure shown is for the preparation of an acid.
- The unit of thermal conductivity is : (1) J m K–1
- What are the various steps which can be taken to control (or reduce) pollution caused by burning fossil fuels?
- Name the elements present : Sugar
- The non-metal A is an important constituent of our food and most of the fuels around us.
- What is the role of the acid in our stomach ?
- A metal, whose alloy is used in the construction of aircrafts, in the powdered form was added to sodium hydroxide ...
- Write the molecular formulae for the following compounds and name the elements present.
- The following diagram is that of a human brain.
- Slope of a velocity-time graph gives
- Why are forests considered "biodiversity hot spots"?
You must login to add an answer.
Need An Account, Sign Up Here
(a) Hydrochloric acid is prepared by this method.
(b) The reactants are sodium chloride and Sulphuric acid.
(c) The empty flask acts as Anti-Suction device. In case the back suction occurs the water will collect in it and will not reach the generating flask.
(d) The drying agent is Conc. Sulphuric acid. Sulphuric acid is chosen as drying agent because it does not react with HCI.
(e) The Inverted funnel :
Prevents or minimizes back suction of water.
Provides a large surface area for absorption of HCI gas.