Asked: February 27, 20232023-02-27T09:48:26+05:30 2023-02-27T09:48:26+05:30In: Social Science
Name the ore from which aluminium is obtained
- Highlight any three problems faced by people who migrated to Bombay.
- What is the role of nature and nurture in the development of intelligence?
- Alluvial soils found in the lower courses and the upper courses of rivers.
- What are the chief characteristics of bauxite?
- Name some regional parties which have a national level organization.
- What was the result of February Revolution of 1917 in Russia ?
- Why do different individuals have different as well as conflicting notions of development goals ?
- Name the two Houses of Parliament.
- Explain the need for rapid industrialization in India.
- Which is the main cause of land degradation in Gujarat, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh ?
You must login to add an answer.
Need An Account, Sign Up Here
Aluminium is obtained from the Bauxite Ore. There are many ores that contain aluminium but Bauxite is clay-like substance from which alumina and later aluminium are acquired. It is formed by the decomposition of the different types of rocks which contains aluminium silicates.
Aluminium is considered to be an important metal because it contains the strength of the metal like iron. It has good conductivity, great malleability and is extremely light.
The areas which have rich deposits of the ore of aluminium are – Amarkantak Plateau, Maikal hills, plateau region of Bilaspur-Katni. According to the country’s total production of 2000-2001, Orissa is the largest Bauxite producing state in India and the most important Bauxite deposit are the Panchpatmali deposits in Koraput district.