Asked: May 16, 20232023-05-16T03:36:29+05:30 2023-05-16T03:36:29+05:30In: Social Science
Describe Bolivia’s water war.
- explain the greek war of independence
- What was the reaction of the Congress to the Wavell’s plan.
- explain the three challenges of democracy?
- Mention three different ways, how loss of confidence in the Council of Ministers can be displayed by the Lok Sabha?
- Why did European employers find it difficult to recruit labour in Africa ?
- How did Hindu religious texts benefit from printing?
- What was LTTE?
- Why do we need to conserve mineral resources?
- The ovaries A. Begin to develop ova at puberty when acted on by FSH.
- Give some examples where factors other than income are important aspects of our lives.
You must login to add an answer.
Need An Account, Sign Up Here
The government of Bolivia sold the right of municipal water supply of the city of Cochabamba to a multinational company. The company immediately raised the price of water by four times.This led to a popular protest and in January 2000, an alliance of labour, human rights and community leaders organised a successful four-day general strike in the city. The government agreed to negotiate and the strike was called off. Instead of resolving the issue, the police resorted to brutal repression and the government imposed martial law. But the power of the
people forced the officials of the MNC to flee the city and made the government concede to all the demands of the protestors. The contract with the MNC was cancelled and water supply was restored to the municipality at old rates. This came to be known as Bolivia’s water war.